Clover General discussion

ErmaC
30,135 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, BarryBar said:

hello,

On my x79 sabertooth Clover r5119 is working but installing r5127 gives me the following booterror

End SetConsoleMode

Error! Could not find APFS system volume handle.

Btw booting from a stick in r5119 still works and a check on sytem volume tells everything is ok with the APFS volume.

Can someone here explain what causes this. It would be niice if the Colver would continue to support x79 PCs. I think a lot of people are still using an older hacintosh.

The Clover doesn't bother if you have x79, x89, x109 or any other chipset. It is your affair to apply needed patches and Clover gives you powerful instruments to do this.

• Like 4

On 10/14/2020 at 10:42 AM, Henry2010 said:

I meant that for 10.15 and earlier.

But maybe we can make some changes to Clover for 10.16?

/usr/local/bin/bdmesg, espfinder, partutil

~/.local/bin/bdmesg, espfinder. partutil

/EFI-Backup(s?)

~/.EFI-Backup(s)

Thanks very much for changing clover's backup folder~~~

5127 works smoothly here.

Personally I prefer an icon like a green clover on the blue folder. Or we can have the backup folder tagged green.

Edited by Henry2010
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, fryysyd said:

Hello everyone, I use CLover 5127 to boot big sur and I am stuck here,
Can anyone help me see how to solve this problem?

Before posting, you should identify your computer first.
What is there by going to your address settings
For your friends' time to help you more easily

• Like 3

2 hours ago, fryysyd said:

Hello everyone, I use CLover 5127 to boot big sur and I am stuck here,
Can anyone help me see how to solve this problem?

Spoiler

IMG_0323.JPG

Spoiler

截屏2020-11-28 下午6.44.05.png

You have to boot from Preboot.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, iCanaro said:

you have to adapt your system if you want to use Clover again, which still supports all platforms. See Clover quirks I have signed or here

https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/345789-guide-how-to-update-clover-for-bigsur-compatibility-using-openruntime-and-quirks-v5123/?

@iCanaroThank you very much for the quick reply and link to the very useful guide. Up and running r5127 now!

• Thanks 1

USB ASMedia 1042 and big sur:
at the moment I have not found a solution on my Z68, I use a modified mXHCD.kext type as described here

https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/309225-usb-30-on-asus-p8z68-vgen3-asmedia-controller/?tab=comments#comment-2185652

and on HS, mojave, catalina works properly; in big sur it is displayed on ioreg but pendrives 3.0 are not detected.
Has anyone found a solution????

• Sad 1

22 minutes ago, iCanaro said:

Hi @iCanaro In this commit, @Slice wrote "not working yet". Do you try to boot BS Recovery ! I can build now this new Clover's commit because I'm not at home.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Matgen84 said:

Hi @iCanaro In this commit, @Slice wrote "not working yet". Do you try to boot BS Recovery ! I can build now this new Clover's commit because I'm not at home.

It boot on recovery but not working

EDIT ***

Edited by chris1111
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Matgen84 said:

you're right, in fact it's more correct to say: identified recovery big sur, but still not bootable

Edited by iCanaro
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, mifjpn said:

Thank you everyone.

I'm sick and the doctor banned my computer and internet.

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience.

The rest was left to Alpha999, who lives with me.

Thank you very much.

Get well soon

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, mifjpn said:

Thank you everyone.

Thank you very much.

take care of you and your health to come back and continue this adventure with us

Strength and courage

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, mifjpn said:

Thank you everyone.

Thank you very much.

Take care of yourself and get back in shape :angel:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Hi @Slice

I'm back at home. When I try to build latest commit 830cc59, I can't:

Thanks for your effort.

[GENFW] BdsDxe
/Users/mathieu/src/Cloverbootloader/rEFIt_UEFI/entry_scan/loader.cpp:1620:210: error: expected ')'
        if (!AddLoaderEntry(SWPrintf("\\%s\\boot.efi", Volume->ApfsTargetUUIDArray[i].c_str()), NullXString8Array, FullTitleRecovery, L""_XSW, Volume, Volume->ApfsTargetUUIDArray[i], NULL, OSTYPE_RECOVERY, 0) {
                                                                                                                                                                                                                 ^
/Users/mathieu/src/Cloverbootloader/rEFIt_UEFI/entry_scan/loader.cpp:1620:12: note: to match this '('
        if (!AddLoaderEntry(SWPrintf("\\%s\\boot.efi", Volume->ApfsTargetUUIDArray[i].c_str()), NullXString8Array, FullTitleRecovery, L""_XSW, Volume, Volume->ApfsTargetUUIDArray[i], NULL, OSTYPE_RECOVERY, 0) {
           ^
1 error generated.
make: *** [/Users/mathieu/src/Cloverbootloader/Build/Clover/RELEASE_XCODE8/X64/rEFIt_UEFI/refit/OUTPUT/entry_scan/loader.obj] Error 1

build.py...
 : error 7000: Failed to execute command
	make tbuild [/Users/mathieu/src/Cloverbootloader/Build/Clover/RELEASE_XCODE8/X64/rEFIt_UEFI/refit]

build.py...
 : error F002: Failed to build module
	/Users/mathieu/src/Cloverbootloader/rEFIt_UEFI/refit.inf [X64, XCODE8, RELEASE]

- Failed -

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

Errors at compilation and may somes  explicit messages

/Desktop/CloverBootloader/rEFIt_UEFI/entry_scan/loader.cpp: In function 'void ScanLoader()':
/Desktop/CloverBootloader/rEFIt_UEFI/entry_scan/loader.cpp:1620:13: error: init-statement in selection statements only available with '-std=c++17' or '-std=gnu++17' [-Werror]
 1620 |         if (!AddLoaderEntry(SWPrintf("\\%s\\boot.efi", Volume->ApfsTargetUUIDArray.c_str()), NullXString8Array, FullTitleRecovery, L""_XSW, Volume, Volume->ApfsTargetUUIDArray, NULL, OSTYPE_RECOVERY, 0) {
      |             ^
/Desktop/CloverBootloader/rEFIt_UEFI/entry_scan/loader.cpp:1620:209: error: expected ';' before '{' token
 1620 |         if (!AddLoaderEntry(SWPrintf("\\%s\\boot.efi", Volume->ApfsTargetUUIDArray.c_str()), NullXString8Array, FullTitleRecovery, L""_XSW, Volume, Volume->ApfsTargetUUIDArray, NULL, OSTYPE_RECOVERY, 0) {
      |                                                                                                                                                                                                                 ^~
      |                                                                                                                                                                                                                 ;
/Desktop/CloverBootloader/rEFIt_UEFI/entry_scan/loader.cpp:1620:13: error: value computed is not used [-Werror=unused-value]
      |             ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
/Desktop/CloverBootloader/rEFIt_UEFI/entry_scan/loader.cpp:1625:244: error: expected ')' before ';' token
 1625 |         AddLoaderEntry(SWPrintf("\\%s\\com.apple.installer\\boot.efi", Volume->ApfsTargetUUIDArray.c_str()), NullXString8Array, FullTitleInstaller, LoaderTitleInstaller, Volume, Volume->ApfsTargetUUIDArray, NULL, OSTYPE_OSX_INSTALLER, 0);
      |                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    ^
      |                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    )
/Desktop/CloverBootloader/rEFIt_UEFI/entry_scan/loader.cpp:1620:12: note: to match this '('
      |            ^
cc1plus: all warnings being treated as errors
make: *** [/Desktop/CloverBootloader/Build/Clover/RELEASE_GCC53/X64/rEFIt_UEFI/refit/OUTPUT/entry_scan/loader.obj] Error 1

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, Slice said:

Fixed

@Slice

Thanks for the fix :) I can't boot at all with the latest commit dc4a2617: Clover stuck at GUI when I select BS 11.1 HDD or BS 11.0.1 RC USB (no keyboard, no mouse) :cry: Maybe I mistaken somewhere !

Other test: can't boot  any macOS -->Black screen or BIOS boot select (because I use F12) 

2020-11-27_16-43-45_BOOTX64.EFI.log

2020-11-27_16-43-45_BOOTX64.EFI(1).log

Edited by Matgen84
  • Confused 1

When I boot with 5119 (pre-OC), I got the text mode back when I do shutdown or restart. If I boot with 5127, I don't have that.

The only difference is that 5119 use AptioMemoryFix and 5127 uses quirks.

Anyone has an idea on which quirks I forgot that has the effect of not having the text mode back ?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, Jief_Machak said:

When I boot with 5119 (pre-OC), I got the text mode back when I do shutdown or restart. If I boot with 5127, I don't have that.

The only difference is that 5119 use AptioMemoryFix and 5127 uses quirks.

Anyone has an idea on which quirks I forgot that has the effect of not having the text mode back ?

are you asking in Verbose mode?

@Jief_Machak

confirm that the order to load the Kext is good for Wifi Atheros! I tested it here and it works normal in all the tests you did

Spoiler

I did tests with this laptop on BigSur but it has HD3000 which is not possible to activate the graphics so this is the dock without transparency ...

"I just leave this clarification so that other members are not wasting time and signing this ...."

Spoiler

ar9285.png

Spoiler

ar9565.png

Spoiler

Intel Centrino Wireless-N 1000.png

Spoiler

ar9485 - 1.png

Spoiler

ar9485 - 2.png

Spoiler

Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6205 .png

Spoiler

Intel  Centrino Advanced-N 6200.png

• Like 1

On 11/27/2020 at 2:47 PM, Jief_Machak said:

Also, check AirPortAtheros40.kext/Contents/Info.plist and you'll see :

<key>OSBundleLibraries</key>
	<dict>
		<key>as.acidanthera.voodoo.driver.PS2Controller</key>
		<string>2.1.0</string>
		<key>com.apple.iokit.IOHIDFamily</key>
		<string>1.0.0b1</string>
		<key>com.apple.kpi.bsd</key>
		<string>8.0.0</string>
		<key>com.apple.kpi.iokit</key>
		<string>8.0.0</string>
		<key>com.apple.kpi.libkern</key>
		<string>8.0.0</string>
		<key>com.apple.kpi.mach</key>
		<string>8.0.0</string>
		<key>com.apple.kpi.unsupported</key>
		<string>8.0.0</string>
	</dict>

Pretty easy to spot dependencies, right ?

Ignore com.apple.*

@Jief_Machak @Slice

I have problems with this kext that I will leave on the post!

- ALPS touchpad I built the "VoodooPS2Trackpad.kext" Plugin from "VoodooPS2Controller-R6RC2" inside the Kext of Slice ALPS Here because the VoodooPS2Controller-R6RC2 I was using was giving Kernel panic on BigSur!

- I tested the kext on Mojave, Catalina and it loads and works without problems but ... it's not the case on BigSur because this Dell Latitude E6330 doesn't work "I have another Dell Vostro 2520 I'm using this same kext and it works on BigSur without problems "

- I saw that Jief talked about dependencies and that it would be easy to repair but ... not for me because I don't know how to solve it!

- I am using another kext that I found on the internet and it is working only that in the options of the trackpad it is only empty ....

- a little help or a resolution indication would be great. even Slice could maybe also insert support for this trackpad in your Kext ALPS (if you need information from him you can only do what you need here)

thank you all in advance

Spoiler

269641397_Capturedecran2020-11-29a01_55_22.thumb.png.11600176bb6c8a9da98619325eb12957.png

Log boot Mojave Fonctionne touchpad.zip

Log boot BigSur ne fonctionne pas le touchpad.zip

VoodooPS2Controller.kext.zip

Capture d’écran 2020-11-29 à 01.55.22.png

Edited by PG7