Clover General discussion

ErmaC
30,136 posts in this topic

11 minutes ago, Common_Sense said:

Yes, there are a whole family of kexts, I just thought of the two kexts I am using, I don't really know how many of these kexts that are used, many of them might have other solutions.

The complete family of kexts are:

FakePCIID.kext

FakePCIID_AR9280_as_AR946x.kext

FakePCIID_BCM57XX_as_BCM57765.kext

FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext

FakePCIID_Intel_GbX.kext

FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics.kext

FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio.kext

FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext

on the Z68 use
fakepciid.kext in the other folder
FakePCIID_BCM57XX_as_BCM57765.kext in folders 10.xx and 11 that are specific to each macOS
although at the moment on big sur they do not work while in HS, mojave, and catalina work

1 hour ago, Jief_Machak said:

So, @PG7 @MICKHAEL and others, could you tell me which kext do you need before which other one, instead of sending me your debug.log :lol: ?

Hi Jief,

I'm not on computer, but, as I remember, I included in Lilus plugin folder AirportBrcmFixup/ AppleALC/ CPUFriend/ CPUFriendDataProvider and WhereverGreen 

And, responsible for power management in this case it's CPUFriend and his DataProvider kext
thanks

Edited by MICKHAEL
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Jief_Machak said:

So, @PG7 @MICKHAEL and others, could you tell me which kext do you need before which other one, instead of sending me your debug.log :lol: ?

Hi @Jief_Machak I do not know if I am really concerned by this question. Because I only use the usual kexts.

It seems that Lilu must be first followed by VirutalSMC, ALC, Whatevergreen, IntelMausi,... In fact, the order defined in /rEFIt_UEFI/refit/main.cpp for all kexts folder. :)

48 minutes ago, MICKHAEL said:

Hi Jief,

I'm not on computer, but, as I remember, I included in Lilus plugin folder AirportBrcmFixup/ AppleALC/ CPUFriend/ CPUFriendDataProvider and WhereverGreen 

And, responsible for power management in this case it's CPUFriend and his DataProvider kext
thanks

Could you remove all kext from plugins folder, and check the problem in your debug.log as I explained ? Because I don't know which one is failing to load.

9 minutes ago, Matgen84 said:

Hi @Jief_Machak I do not know if I am really concerned by this question. Because I only use the usual kexts.

It seems that Lilu must be first followed by VirutalSMC, ALC, Whatevergreen, IntelMausi,... In fact, the order defined in /rEFIt_UEFI/refit/main.cpp for all kexts folder. :)

If you didn't have to trick Clover by putting kext inside an other kext, you are not concerned.

1 hour ago, Common_Sense said:

Yes, there are a whole family of kexts, I just thought of the two kexts I am using, I don't really know how many of these kexts that are used, many of them might have other solutions.

The complete family of kexts are:

FakePCIID.kext

FakePCIID_AR9280_as_AR946x.kext

FakePCIID_BCM57XX_as_BCM57765.kext

FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext

FakePCIID_Intel_GbX.kext

FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics.kext

FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio.kext

FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext

"FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio.kext" is a codeless kext, does order still matter ?

1 hour ago, iCanaro said:

it's a joke or you come back from the beach really... now I pronounce sentences in Bolognese slang that are not translatable  :hysterical:

Not a joke. The ocean is 28 degres Celsius here...

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, kushwavez said:

@chris1111 Or you can use the original apfs.efi extracted from the system: "/usr/standalone/i386/apfs.efi"

Do you have any problems with ApfsDriverLoader tho? I can't see any problem with that.

I already had problems and for a long time I use the original Driver and yes it comes from Big Sur "/usr/standalone/i386/apfs.efi"

41 minutes ago, chris1111 said:

I already had problems and for a long time I use the original Driver and yes it comes from Big Sur "/usr/standalone/i386/apfs.efi"

Agreed, ApfsDriverLoader doesn't load what it should. It's probably working when you have only one partition, or partitions of the same macOS version.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Common_Sense said:

Works fine for me!

@Jief_Machak 'been following as this is a problem I had as well.. and I can confirm it works!

4:321  0:001  OCAK: org.rehabman.driver.FakePCIID.XHCIMux got KXLD 0 0

14:323  0:001  OCAK: Requesting __LINKEDIT for org.rehabman.driver.FakePCIID.XHCIMux - 910A4348 at 4150000

14:324  0:001  OCAK: Requesting SymbolTable for org.rehabman.driver.FakePCIID.XHCIMux - 572

14:327  0:002  OCAK: Ignoring KPI com.apple.kpi.bsd for kext org.rehabman.driver.FakePCIID.XHCIMux in KC/state mode

14:329  0:001  OCAK: Ignoring KPI com.apple.kpi.iokit for kext org.rehabman.driver.FakePCIID.XHCIMux in KC/state mode

14:330  0:001  OCAK: Ignoring KPI com.apple.kpi.libkern for kext org.rehabman.driver.FakePCIID.XHCIMux in KC/state mode

14:332  0:001  OCAK: Ignoring KPI com.apple.kpi.mach for kext org.rehabman.driver.FakePCIID.XHCIMux in KC/state mode

14:335  0:002  OCAK: Ignoring KPI com.apple.kpi.unsupported for kext org.rehabman.driver.FakePCIID.XHCIMux in KC/state mode

14:336  0:001  OCAK: Requesting SymbolTable for org.rehabman.driver.FakePCIID - 257

14:350  0:013  OCAK: Local relocs 646 on FFFFFF80042B0000

14:352  0:002  OC: Prelinked injection Kexts\11\FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext () - Success

Thank you!

Screen Shot 2020-11-27 at 15.11.44.png

2 hours ago, Jief_Machak said:

Could you try this efi with original version of kexts ?

CloverX64-2020-11-27-23-25-30-d4f3145-dirty-jief.efi

first test in All In One

Normal -Kext = OK
not to have problems with NVRAM = Boot OpenCore + Reset NVRAM Delete NVRAM
boot Clover r5127

- kex HS80211Family + AirPortAtheros40 with id 2b for ar9285 on Clover in separate kext = OK but I have to confirm on others because these HP are fake means with NVRAM that is loaded even after forcing to download but tomorrow I test on others and I tell you if continues to work!

Thanks for everything

On 11/23/2020 at 10:09 PM, yapan4 said:

@naiclub  

Some users also point to the video card, I think something is wrong with NVRAM ... the right decisions may be in a completely different place ... well, it's a hackintosh:moil:

I quote myself because when I wrote, I did not think it would be true.

So the culprit of the bug with a black screen and a horizontal cursor and POST code 97 is the USB controller Asmedia ASM2142!

Solution found on Germany Hackintosh forum https://www.hackintosh-forum.de/forum/thread/51193-x299-error-97-big-sur/?pageNo=1

Thank you @apfelnico

Thank you All.

Edited by yapan4
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

hello,

On my x79 sabertooth Clover r5119 is working but installing r5127 gives me the following booterror

End SetConsoleMode

Error! Could not find APFS system volume handle.

Btw booting from a stick in r5119 still works and a check on sytem volume tells everything is ok with the APFS volume.

Can someone here explain what causes this. It would be niice if the Colver would continue to support x79 PCs. I think a lot of people are still using an older hacintosh.

6 minutes ago, BarryBar said:

It would be niice if the Colver would continue to support x79 PCs. I think a lot of people are still using an older hacintosh.

you have to adapt your system if you want to use Clover again, which still supports all platforms. See Clover quirks I have signed or here

https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/345789-guide-how-to-update-clover-for-bigsur-compatibility-using-openruntime-and-quirks-v5123/?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, yapan4 said:

I quote myself because when I wrote, I did not think it would be true.

So the culprit of the bug with a black screen and a horizontal cursor and POST code 97 is the USB controller Asmedia ASM2142!

Solution found on Germany Hackintosh forum https://www.hackintosh-forum.de/forum/thread/51193-x299-error-97-big-sur/?pageNo=1

Thank you @apfelnico

Thank you All.

You should have linked the post#.

Anyway, the fix was posted here the other day

Edited by ellaosx
  • Like 1