Clover General discussion

ErmaC
30,059 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, naiclub said:
  Reveal hidden contents

743471184_2563-11-2014_06_49.png.7cdeb2afd06468eca5796500b8ca1e22.png1251805021_2563-11-2014_07_03.png.acce914daec8a5e12e43c0209cebb645.png

Thank you Matgen84
Well, if I use @Slice's kext, it will be the same as the picture you see.
If there is a way to help me or not I can't do it.

I can't help you because I don't use it. I just want to tell you that there is a specific topic about this. Users or Slice will be able to help you: this topic is made for that.

This thread is for Clover discussion, so I think this problem is Off-Topic, Bro. :)

59 minutes ago, Matgen84 said:

I can't help you because I don't use it. I just want to tell you that there is a specific topic about this. Users or Slice will be able to help you: this topic is made for that.

This thread is for Clover discussion, so I think this problem is Off-Topic, Bro. :)

It looks like ... he would let me help myself more. Vague talk I don't know how to start.

thanks you Matgen84

I must have left it like that. No one can help

Edited by naiclub
  • Like 1

For information : OpenCore set a limit of 127 chars for path. For me, this limit was reach for VoodooPS2Keyboard.kext, because it's a plugin, inside a kext, in an OEM folder, so it makes a pretty long path.

And because OpenCore just silently truncate (really ??? in 2020, there is still programmers that just doesn't check about string length), which ends up, in that case, in a silent fail.

Silent fail are so bad... Remember that if you have a kext not loaded.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, jlrycm said:

for Haswell the ACPI method you are using has to be done differently according to the guide you mentioned.

https://www.macos86.it/topic/597-guide-how-to-usb-port-mapping/

I’m not a developer, only an enthusiast that has built hackintoshes since 2012. If I share with you the OEM dsdt of my mobo, would you do this method for me? I really want to fix the USB 3.1 ASmedia PSXS that for some reason is not working natively and perhaps this USB mapping method could serve well. Maybe I’m wrong but I believe that the change made in Big Sur AppleUSBXHCIPCI plug-in broke the native support for my USB 3.1 PCIe card.  

OK well, having you Haswell, I just need to know what are the HS and SS ports to disable, I'll create it for you SSDT.
To be precise, I'm a simple fan :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, iCanaro said:

OK well, having you Haswell, I just need to know what are the HS and SS ports to disable, I'll create it for you SSDT.
To be precise, I'm a simple fan :)

Thanks a lot @iCanaro. Attached you will find the ACPI tables I extracted, the SSDT-UIAC.aml and USBMaps kext that I have created and tried over time (within those you can see the HS and SS ports that I want enabled) and for reference the DSDT that with the help of MaLd0n was created for my mobo for fixes and patches.

SSDT-UIAC.aml.zip

ACPI Tables.zip

USBMap.kext2.zip

DSDT MaLd0n.aml

Edited by jlrycm

@jlrycm I retrieved the port data to disable, based on the one enabled in the USBPorts plist

insert SSDT-DisableUSB-Haswell-9Series.aml in EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched
remove SSDT-UIAC.aml
remove USBPorts.kest

remove USBinjectall.kext

add sorted order SSDT-DisableUSB-Haswell-9Series.aml to the ACPI config.plist
restart and attach ioreg

SSDT-DisableUSB-Haswell-9Series.aml.zip

Edited by iCanaro
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, iCanaro said:

@jlrycm I retrieved the port data to disable, based on the one enabled in the USBPorts plist

insert SSDT-DisableUSB-Haswell-9Series.aml in EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched
remove SSDT-UIAC.aml
remove USBPorts.kest

remove USBinjectall.kext

add sorted order SSDT-DisableUSB-Haswell-9Series.aml to the ACPI config.plist
restart and attach ioreg

SSDT-DisableUSB-Haswell-9Series.aml.zip

Thanks a lot @iCanaro.  Attached you will find the ioreg file generated from Big Sur. I still don’t see that the USB 3.1 ASmedia2142 based PCIe card is not loaded properly.

Jorge’s iMac Big Sur112020.zip

Edited by jlrycm
  • Sad 1

29 minutes ago, iCanaro said:

@jlrycm from ioreg I see that SSDT does its job and for USB you're good to go
about PXSX actually has no outputs, but it's strange asmedia is native on macOS, try making a boot attempt without DSDT

@iCanaro, I booted without DSDT. Still PXSX is not reflecting outputs (see attached ioreg).

Jorge’s iMac booted without DSDT.zip

• Sad 1

13 minutes ago, jlrycm said:

@iCanaro, I booted without DSDT. Still PXSX is not reflecting outputs (see attached ioreg).

@iCanaro

update: as I mentioned earlier, Apple changed the AppleUSBXHCIPCI included in the IOUSBHOSTFAMILY kext (the iokitpersonalities are different and in Big Sur the iokit personality that is reported in the system profiler is AppleASMediaUSBXHCI, while in Catalina where the USB 3.1 was working the iokitpersonality reportes in system profiler is AppleUSBXHCIPCI). I suspect this change is breaking native support of my USB 3.1 card.

17 minutes ago, jlrycm said:

Can you try changing SMbios to something other than imac15.1, for example imacpro1.1?

Edited by naiclub

1 hour ago, naiclub said:

Can you try changing SMbios to something other than imac15.1, for example imacpro1.1?

@naiclub, I followed your suggestion and it did not work, the PXSX is not reporting outputs and the USB 3.1 is not loaded properly. I’m more and more convinced that if I figured out how to deal with the change in the AppleUSBXHCIPCI plug-in with respect to ASmedia, I may find the solution. The info.plist of such plug-in in Big Sur is attached for reference. The PCIE USB 3.1 card I have installed is based on ASMedia2142 controller and was natively supported in Catalina.

Info.plist

Edited by jlrycm

36 minutes ago, mifjpn said:

Long names related to Voodoo seem to need attention.
I will tell the story of Jief to Japan.

Thank you,

Hi @mifjpn With the last commit, number of characters is 256 instead of 127. Maybe some plugin's kexts load correctly now.

34 minutes ago, jlrycm said:

@naiclub, I followed your suggestion and it did not work, the PXSX is not reporting outputs and the USB 3.1 is not loaded properly. I’m more and more convinced that if I figured out how to deal with the change in the AppleUSBXHCIPCI plug-in with respect to ASmedia, I may find the solution. The info.plist of such plug-in in Big Sur is attached for reference. The PCIE USB 3.1 card I have installed is based on ASMedia2142 controller and was natively supported in Catalina.

Info.plist

Hi

I can't upload your Info.plist file :cry:

Edited by Matgen84

Good Morning

does anyone have Clover with the latest commit for me to test here, I have a dell but I don't have Xcode installed or anything to compile

Thanks in advance

36 minutes ago, jlrycm said:

Info.plist

Hmm..must have to add the code value to DSDT like this

Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)  // _DSM: Device-Specific Method
            {
                If ((Arg2 == Zero))
                {
                    Return (Buffer (One)
                    {
                         0x03                                             // .
                    })
                }

Return (Package (0x1A)
                {
                    "AAPL,slot-name", 
                    "Built In", 
                    "name", 
                    "Intel USB Controller", 
                    "model", 
                    Buffer (0x42)
                    {
                        "Intel Corporation, Series Chipset USB Enhanced Host Controller #1"
                    }, 

"device_type", 
                    Buffer (0x0F)
                    {
                        "USB Controller"
                    }, 

"AAPL,clock-id", 
                    Buffer (One)
                    {
                         0x01                                             // .
                    }, 

"built-in", 
                    Buffer (One)
                    {
                         0x00                                             // .
                    }, 

"subsystem-id", 
                    Buffer (0x04)
                    {
                         0x26, 0x8C, 0x00, 0x00                           // &...  <<<<<<<<   Code you
                    }, 

"subsystem-vendor-id", 
                    Buffer (0x04)
                    {
                         0x86, 0x80, 0x00, 0x00                           // ....    <<<<<<<  Code you
                    }, 

"AAPL,current-available", 
                    0x0834, 
                    "AAPL,current-extra", 
                    0x0898, 
                    "AAPL,current-extra-in-sleep", 
                    0x0640, 
                    "AAPL,device-internal", 
                    0x02, 
                    "AAPL,max-port-current-in-sleep", 
                    0x0834
                })
            }
        }

15 minutes ago, PG7 said:

Good Morning

does anyone have Clover with the latest commit for me to test here, I have a dell but I don't have Xcode installed or anything to compile

Thanks in advance

load

You try this one

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jlrycm said:

Info.plist

I looked at your example. Not different from mine but bigsur has more code than catalina, which should have more kext.