Clover General discussion

ErmaC
30,059 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Jief_Machak said:

So my guess is because of duplicate kexts...

As far as I know, kext folder doesn't matter, because kernel doesn't know it (I think).

If you put half your kext in 11 and the other half in Other, does it work ?

Hi @Jief_Machak I had the same exact problem on Big Sur when I have updated all the kexts in “Other” folder to their last commit versions (had no problem with release kexts versions). I had then a no bootable system and installed Catalina with an old usb and now I’m planning to update to Big Sur. Hope it helps!

Edited by Deadpool
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Deadpool said:

Hi @Slice sorry to disturb but I would like to understand. Should we prefer to use HFSPlus or VBosHFS? Thanks

We should prefer VBoxHFS.efi because HFSplus.efi can be model dependent.

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, Slice said:

We should prefer VBoxHFS.efi because HFSplus.efi can be model dependent.

This is correct, although I no longer use Clover for quite a while now since OC, I still like to keep up to speed with Clover's development and I read that VBoxHFS is more suited for Clover and should be used as first choice because Apple's version can be problematic specially now in BS.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Matgen84 said:

@Jief_Machak I put essential kexts in Other folder and all others in 11 folder, I can boot Big Sur. The problem of duplicate kexts don't happen before November 6th Clover commits (BS RC 1).

When I use Other folder and 11 folder with same kexts: debug=0x100 and keepsyms=1 don't work on my system. Return to BIOS choice because I use F12 to boot from USB, or Underscore at top left of the screen. 

debug half folder.log

debug.log

Could you make a config that works with a Clover before Nov 6th and doesn't work for commit after ?

If yes, we'll identify the commit that is the culrit.

2 minutes ago, Jief_Machak said:

Could you make a config that works with a Clover before Nov 6th and doesn't work for commit after ?

If yes, we'll identify the commit that is the culrit.

Yes, I can of course. @Jief_Machak In my backup PKG folder, I've only 114854268 (11/8), 0bbc1e343 (11/9). I already know, don't work: 2cdab656a (11/13). 

Could you build and upload in MP: 7f1b87c (11/12) for example. Please

22 hours ago, PG7 said:

Hello good afternoon

I have a problem with two PCs to install BigSur autonomo by the pendrive on them! (I never had any problems with Catalina)

let's start here by the first

Lenovo Thinkcentre M93p

intel i5-4460s
intel HD4600 + Nvidia GTX760 3go
SSD x2
28Go RAM
Clover r5126

system at the moment
1 SSD 240Go = Windows 10 2004
1 SSD 480Go = MacOS Mojave - Catalina - BigSur 20B29 (installed on the SSD by another pc)

problem

I can enter the 1 installation phase and start BUT when it reaches 13 minutes it makes the print error posted here!
I also leave a report of the error in the install

Thanks

Google translate ! 

Hide contents

IMG_20201105_034559.thumb.jpg.af401dd0977b9b97f894c4e3d0fd6a48.jpgIMG_20201115_155926.thumb.jpg.38dfcffd7f2734afd436cb4978e28003.jpgIMG_20201115_155811(1).thumb.jpg.6b9745ff8d7d3e6627837fb3ee3a06ac.jpg

Do you please provide your EFI I will check for you

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, chris1111 said:

Do you please provide your EFI I will check for you

Merci Chris 

voila ici 

good afternoon Chris

this is the Clover I use and for the installation I have to use the SMBIOS iMac 14.4 or 15.1

for normal use I have to use SMBIOS 14.2 MANDATORY because if not with any other SMBIOS I can activate the USB3 ports on this Lenovo M93p

I let my DSDT go too but even without it the error is the same and in OpenCore it is exactly the same error

not well from the image or the pendrive because with the same I can install on my other pc without problems

a very identical error also happens with my HP Envy Recline AIO which are the same version of Haswell chipset

I have another Lenovo M93 All In One and I can install it without any problem (I can't see what may be at issue, pass on my knowledge)

in any case thanks for your help

Edited by PG7

7 minutes ago, PG7 said:

Merci Chris 

voila ici 

good afternoon Chris

this is the Clover I use and for the installation I have to use the SMBIOS iMac 14.4 or 15.1

for normal use I have to use SMBIOS 14.2 MANDATORY because if not with any other SMBIOS I can activate the USB3 ports on this Lenovo M93p

I let my DSDT go too but even without it the error is the same and in OpenCore it is exactly the same error

not well from the image or the pendrive because with the same I can install on my other pc without problems

a very identical error also happens with my HP Envy Recline AIO which are the same version of Haswell chipset

I have another Lenovo M93 All In One and I can install it without any problem (I can't see what may be at issue, pass on my knowledge)

in any case thanks for your help

You can try this ; hope that help?

config.plist.zip

SSDT-EC.aml.zip

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, chris1111 said:

You can try this ; hope that help?

config.plist.zip

SSDT-EC.aml.zip

Chris

tested the config and the EC

- the config had to pass the iMac15.1 think it was your mistake the iMac5,1
- the EC I already have in the DSDT in LPCB

the error remains the same in the same place!

16.02 Historique de Programme d’installation 16-Nov-2020.txt

• Sad 1

Spoiler

722952450_2563-11-1623_05_26.thumb.png.d9860fe9b4338ceead6d191380da9a0f.png

I want to make this version very complete.

I am very pleased with Clover 5126. Can boot any version From MountainLion to bigsur

Edited by naiclub
  • Like 1

I will test another way

I launched another test but now in direct update from the system
the error returns equal

Spoiler

513554941_Capturedecran2020-11-16a16_13_25.thumb.png.aacdb7410b140fb89d0e9cebbd4cfb73.png478718643_Capturedecran2020-11-16a16_14_31.thumb.png.1bb070efd62656ba22a5591bcf7a94df.png

remember that if you install the system on another machine on the SSD, I can then use it on this machine without any problem

• Sad 1

37 minutes ago, PG7 said:

Chris

tested the config and the EC

- the config had to pass the iMac15.1 think it was your mistake the iMac5,1
- the EC I already have in the DSDT in LPCB

the error remains the same in the same place!

16.02 Historique de Programme d’installation 16-Nov-2020.txt

Yes sorry iMac 15.1 :rolleyes: error remains the same :huh: another big mystery of Big Sur 11 

• Thanks 1

On 11/13/2020 at 11:46 AM, jlrycm said:

Hello @everyone, I installed Big Sur release using a USB pen drive and it went smoothly. The only issue so far is that the USB 3.1 ASmedia controller pcie card is not loaded properly and the USB 3.1 external disk is not recognized as such when connected. Attached are some pictures and my efi folder (excluding themes and doc folders). Any tips will be highly appreciated.

C36519B4-A0F9-4BC0-BD96-E72BA331DCC8.jpeg

E1598816-7949-4ABE-B44F-5CCBA3B5AEFF.jpeg

Archive Clover.zip

Jorge’s iMac.zip

Hello @Slice @Jief_Machak: by any chance you had the opportunity to see my previous post about my installation of Big Sur, which was successful except for the USB 3.1 gen 2 PCIe card which is loaded properly in Catalina but not in Big Sur. The card uses ASmedia 2142 usb controller which is supposed to be supported natively. I checked with the vendor and they responded that the card is supposed to be supported natively by Big Sur. However, that’s not the case as you can see in the pictures attached to my previous post in which I also attached the efi folder and the ioreg copy.

21 hours ago, Deadpool said:

Hi @Jief_Machak I had the same exact problem on Big Sur when I have updated all the kexts in “Other” folder to their last commit versions (had no problem with release kexts versions). I had then a no bootable system and installed Catalina with an old usb and now I’m planning to update to Big Sur. Hope it helps!

Hi again @Jief_Machak just to give you an update: I have fresh installed Catalina and selected update to Big Sur pop up message. Once ready, I started the update process and I have the exact same error when from clover screen it should start to update. Same error message. So I’m unable to update from Catalina to Big Sur using last commit version of clover. 

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, jlrycm said:

Hello @everyone, I installed Big Sur release using a USB pen drive and it went smoothly. The only issue so far is that the USB 3.1 ASmedia controller pcie card is not loaded properly and the USB 3.1 external disk is not recognized as such when connected. Attached are some pictures and my efi folder (excluding themes and doc folders). Any tips will be highly appreciated.

PXSX is normal for USB3 asmedia as additional controllers

remove USBinjectall and you'll see that the correct USB power supply starts working again
USBinjectall is an absolutely useful kext during installation, but in post installation it is to be removed from the feet as soon as possible, mapping the USB and refining hack settings.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Deadpool said:

I have fresh installed Catalina and selected update to Big Sur pop up message. Once ready, I started the update process and I have the exact same error when from clover screen it should start to update. Same error message. So I’m unable to update from Catalina to Big Sur using last commit version of clover. 

you have integrated the new quirks section, put as openruntime memory manager and verified that you start now?! otherwise you won't party with BS. 
Then if you can't download from appstore, there are at least a couple of scripts to download installer complete with big sur
RunME_Downloader of gengik84
IinstallScript_1016fullapp

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, iCanaro said:

you have integrated the new quirks section, put as openruntime memory manager and verified that you start now?! otherwise you won't party with BS. 
Then if you can't download from appstore, there are at least a couple of scripts to download installer complete with big sur
RunME_Downloader of gengik84
IinstallScript_1016fullapp

Hi @iCanaro I’m using last commit version of clover 5126. It boots Catalina correctly with quirks section and OpenRuntime. Everything works as expected. The only problem I have now is that I would like to update Catalina to Big Sur and I have the same error message as reported before when from clover screen it should start the update process.

• Sad 2