Clover General discussion

ErmaC
30,059 posts in this topic

42 minutes ago, MICKHAEL said:

hello to all, 

I just what to inform, if someone have blackscreen symptom, like Clover are not loading, check your UEFI drivers folder, and change HfsPlus.efi to Vboxhfs.efi

This looks like BootloaderChooser: where do you find cloverx64-2020-11-14-13-15-10-2cdab64-dirty-jief commits ! Please.

1 hour ago, Matgen84 said:

This looks like BootloaderChooser: where do you find cloverx64-2020-11-14-13-15-10-2cdab64-dirty-jief commits ! Please.

From developer. Debug version)

• Like 1

22 hours ago, iCanaro said:

great very well
that config you can also continue to use it, know that it only works for catalina and big sur, so it would not start mojave and high sierra

Do you mean the new one you created for me to install BS? Is ok to still use it?

The under screen is misleading. It's is indeed BootloaderChooser that is starting a "special" Clover that display "Start". It was just to be sure that Clover is really loading.

The things is : if you have an early crash in Clover, the symptom could just be a black screen (or just BootloaderChooser messages) and no debug.log.

Looks like HFSPlus.efi can crash. That is the point of the post.

2 hours ago, MICKHAEL said:

I just what to inform, if someone have blackscreen symptom, like Clover are not loading, check your UEFI drivers folder, and change HfsPlus.efi to Vboxhfs.efi

d066fa98af4ba164fee36e621aa016fc.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@Jief_Machak @Slice  @iCanaro

Hello good afternoon

I have a problem with two PCs to install BigSur autonomo by the pendrive on them! (I never had any problems with Catalina)

let's start here by the first

Lenovo Thinkcentre M93p

intel i5-4460s
intel HD4600 + Nvidia GTX760 3go
SSD x2
28Go RAM
Clover r5126

system at the moment
1 SSD 240Go = Windows 10 2004
1 SSD 480Go = MacOS Mojave - Catalina - BigSur 20B29 (installed on the SSD by another pc)

problem

I can enter the 1 installation phase and start BUT when it reaches 13 minutes it makes the print error posted here!
I also leave a report of the error in the install

I tried everything even with OpenCore with and without DSDT plus and minus Kext several Bios configurations but the error always remains the same ...

I send update via the system directly and the error is identical but it happens after 15 minutes !!!

someone who has a solution or ideas to test
SO happens with Big Sur (all versions)

I have no problems to boot with a disk where the system is already installed!

Thanks

Google translate ! 

Spoiler

IMG_20201105_034559.thumb.jpg.af401dd0977b9b97f894c4e3d0fd6a48.jpgIMG_20201115_155926.thumb.jpg.38dfcffd7f2734afd436cb4978e28003.jpgIMG_20201115_155811(1).thumb.jpg.6b9745ff8d7d3e6627837fb3ee3a06ac.jpg

Historique de Programme d’installation 15-Nov-2020.txt

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, PG7 said:

@Jief_Machak @Slice  @iCanaro

Hello good afternoon

I have a problem with two PCs to install BigSur autonomo by the pendrive on them! (I never had any problems with Catalina)

problem

I can enter the 1 installation phase and start BUT when it reaches 13 minutes it makes the print error posted here!
I also leave a report of the error in the install

I tried everything even with OpenCore with and without DSDT plus and minus Kext several Bios configurations but the error always remains the same ...

I send update via the system directly and the error is identical but it happens after 15 minutes !!!

someone who has a solution or ideas to test
SO happens with Big Sur (all versions)

I have no problems to boot with a disk where the system is already installed

@PG7 Unfortunately, I don't have the solution. The message on the screenshot print macOS installer damaged. Do you try to re-download Big Sur 11.0.1 ! In the installation output file, there are connection internet errors...

Sorry, I can't help you anymore or give leads.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Matgen84 said:

PG7 Unfortunately, I don't have the solution. The message on the screenshot print macOS installer damaged. Do you try to re-download Big Sur 11.0.1 ! In the installation output file, there are connection internet errors...

Sorry, I can't help you anymore or give leads.

thanks

I've already downloaded and created the images directly from Appstore more than 10 times

I confirm that the same installation stick works on all my other PCs and I don't use or need an Internet connection because I use the complete installer

i still don't understand what can cause the error but i suspect OEM bios that have something that blocks this new macOS system

on HP Envy the error is another but I also can't get a complete installation through the USB installer!

I have more pc where everything works normal such as Dell laptop, HP, Asus and Fujitsu in several chipsets

I also have another Lenovo All In One with Haswell series8 chipset and I can install it without problems with the same USB stick and installation image that doesn't work on others

in any case thanks for the reply and advice

have a good night

• Like 1

Installed Big Sur on my HP Envy laptop (I7 4th gen, HD4600).

Clover 5126 worked perfectly on latest Catalina but now I can only boot with OpenCore to Big Sur.

Clover gives me: ”Can’t perform kext scan: no kext summary”. I have added 'Trust' setting in my SMBIOS and added my memory setting.

That seemed to solve, but not in my case.

Any idea what causes this?

thanks!

8 hours ago, Jief_Machak said:

The under screen is misleading. It's is indeed BootloaderChooser that is starting a "special" Clover that display "Start". It was just to be sure that Clover is really loading.

The things is : if you have an early crash in Clover, the symptom could just be a black screen (or just BootloaderChooser messages) and no debug.log.

Looks like HFSPlus.efi can crash. That is the point of the post.

So, could this be HFSPlus fault?

1 hour ago, Henry2010 said:

No problem here with HFSPlus.efi and BootloaderChooser.

But did Apple update it in Big Sur? It would be nice if we could find an updated version in the new OS.

VBosHFS.efi is good enough.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jief_Machak said:

I can't find that message in Clover...

Any debug.log ?

@Jief_Machak Last Thursday, Clover gives me the same message ”Can’t perform kext scan: no kext summary”. When I use Other folder and 11 folder beside with same kexts inside. To solve, I've to empty one of the two.

Thursday's debug.log attached

debug.log

14 minutes ago, Jief_Machak said:

I can't find this message in Clover source code ! Is it a kernel message ?

I can reproduce the problem. Because BS does not boot after this message, where to look for the log with the error message?  

EDIT: Last week screenshot with the error message

Spoiler

IMG_20201113_174139.jpg.7c428aed63bc3c4ffa01366d3e10dbd7.thumb.jpg.631677828c3b426758be65caba9ba63a.jpg

Edited by Matgen84

29 minutes ago, Matgen84 said:

I can reproduce the problem. Because BS does not boot after this message, where to look for the log with the error message?  

23 minutes ago, ellaosx said:

Yes

So my guess is because of duplicate kexts...

As far as I know, kext folder doesn't matter, because kernel doesn't know it (I think).

If you put half your kext in 11 and the other half in Other, does it work ?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jief_Machak said:

As far as I know, kext folder doesn't matter, because kernel doesn't know it (I think).

Hi Jief

I'm using your bootloaderchooser, makes it easy to switch between my working OpenCore install and testing Clover.

i'm only using kexts in the Other folder, don't have a 11 folder. I do have the older 10.x folders, but all empty.

Only folder with some kexts is the 'Off' folder, where I put some old kexts I do not use anymore.

This error message is indeed kernel related. 

Thanks for checking!

4 hours ago, Jief_Machak said:

@Jief_Machak I put essential kexts in Other folder and all others in 11 folder, I can boot Big Sur. The problem of duplicate kexts don't happen before November 6th Clover commits (BS RC 1).

When I use Other folder and 11 folder with same kexts: debug=0x100 and keepsyms=1 don't work on my system. Return to BIOS choice because I use F12 to boot from USB, or Underscore at top left of the screen. 

debug half folder.log

debug.log

According to Clover Debug.log: Lilu is first load for 11 folder, not in Other folder. I don't Know if it's important or not.

Found in Dortania guide:

Kernel Panic Cannot perform kext summary

Generally seen as an issue surrounding the prelinked kernel, specifically that macOS is having a hard time interpreting the ones we injected. Verify that your kexts are in the correct order(master then plugins, Lilu always being first) and that kexts with executables have them and plist only kexts don't.

Edited by Matgen84

1 hour ago, Jief_Machak said:

hi jief can you help me? how do i solve this panic on bigsur?clover 5126,,,my configs work on mojave and catalina,,im using intel celeron g1620 and asus b75m-a mobo,and gt 730 ddr5 kepler?..thnx in advance....i received this same panic as well on my pentium g5400 and gigabyte h310m h 2.0 sapphire rx 570 pulse 4gb variant

panics.jpg

1 hour ago, Jief_Machak said:

Edited by cyrhex
  • Sad 1