Clover General discussion

ErmaC
30,059 posts in this topic

Hi @Jief_Machak

I want to update Clover. But I can boot Big Sur with latest commit 2cdab656: KPanic. I've forgotten to remove 'Other' and let '11' folder: if the two folder are present with kexts ---->>  'Panic'  

Spoiler

IMG_20201113_174139.thumb.jpg.ea6c715af87e8bb1a16d2c9b912458e3.jpg

debug.log

Edited by Matgen84

1 hour ago, Matgen84 said:

Hi @Jief_Machak

I want to update Clover. But I can boot Big Sur with latest commit 2cdab656: KPanic. I've forgotten to remove 'Other' and let '11' folder: if the two folder are present with kexts ---->>  'Panic'  

Reveal hidden contents

IMG_20201113_174139.thumb.jpg.ea6c715af87e8bb1a16d2c9b912458e3.jpg

debug.log

Guys, you're too fast :D and I don't have time to implement things to avoid the above. It's been a while I'm thinking to give warnings if a kext of the same name exists 2 or more times. Then Clover can just ignore the oldest kext.

So yes, so far, avoid duplicates.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, jlrycm said:

Hello @everyone, I installed Big Sur release using a USB pen drive and it went smoothly. The only issue so far is that the USB 3.1 ASmedia controller pcie card is not loaded and the USB 3.1 external disk is not recognized as such when connected. Attached are some pictures and my efi folder (excluding themes and doc folders). Any tips will be highly appreciated.

C36519B4-A0F9-4BC0-BD96-E72BA331DCC8.jpeg

E1598816-7949-4ABE-B44F-5CCBA3B5AEFF.jpeg

Archive Clover.zip

Jorge’s iMac.zip

I can see that you use a kext "HS80211Family.kext". Is it a kext needed for ASMedia controller ?

Hi everyone, although I try to share your enthusiasm having installed Big Sur already, can I ask a kind soul to provide a short sweet guide how to use the final release of Clover with the work of @Jief_Machak and @Slice and others, for the official MAS version released, and any points to be careful about? I am not sure it's a walk in the park as Catalina and before used to be, as many changes were brought in... thank you everyone

3 hours ago, Jief_Machak said:

I can see that you use a kext "HS80211Family.kext". Is it a kext needed for ASMedia controller ?

@Jief_Machak, this kext is allowing me to have wifi in my system when booting from clover. When booting in OpenCore I only need AirBRCMfixup and injecting device properties. 

3 hours ago, chris1111 said:

@jlrycm did you try not use USBInjectall.kext ?

I tried to use in the past the USBmap.kext but was having challenges, so I opted for using the SSDT-UIAC.aml plus USBinjectall.kext. This USB 3.1 card I’m using sometimes is not recognized after updating the bootloader and cleaning the nvram. I was able to see again the external drive that I connect to this card after disconnecting and connecting back the power and a couple of boots.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Jief_Machak said:

Guys, you're too fast :D and I don't have time to implement things to avoid the above. It's been a while I'm thinking to give warnings if a kext of the same name exists 2 or more times. Then Clover can just ignore the oldest kext.

So yes, so far, avoid duplicates.

Thanks @Jief_Machak for the explanations. :D what do you mean by "Clover can just ignore the oldest kext". I do not quite understand. Actually, I thought Clover might ignore kexts in Other folder if 11 folder has the kexts, for example. 

31 minutes ago, Matgen84 said:

"Clover can just ignore the oldest kext"

I mean "could".

"Other" is a folder that means "All". So we won't implement something like "Other" is ignore is there is another folder ("11", "11.0", "11.0.1"). That'll just be unnecessary complications and people won't remember.

But what Clover could do is to warn that a duplicate kext exists... But it doesn't... yet !

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, jlrycm said:

OpenCore I only need AirBRCMfixup

You can do the same property injection with Clover. But that seems irrelevant to your USB problems.

If you have a working OpenCore, try to setup your Clover config the same as OpenCore (same kexts, same kernel and kext patches, same ACPI, same ACPI patches).

1 hour ago, mifjpn said:

Thank you as always.
There was an Xcode update yesterday.
Is the following information all right?

463333606_2020-11-1416_34_17.thumb.png.429c9816141155835940fb7930d33df6.png

What should i do?
Thank you.

And why in this case?

CoreSimulator is out of date. Current version (732.17.0) is older than build version (732.18.0).

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, mifjpn said:

Thank you as always
"pkg" etc. are made normally.
However, this display appears in the middle.
So I did the following again.

% cd
% rm -rf CloverBootloader
% git clone --recurse-submodules https://github.com/CloverHackyColor/CloverBootloader.git
% cd CloverBootloader
% ./buildme
I chose 7.

In the same way, the previous display appears in the middle.
Thank you.

Please select 13 first. To update And then go to number 7

load

Edited by naiclub

14 minutes ago, mifjpn said:

In the same way, the previous display appears in the middle.
Thank you.

Thank you for the reply.
Please tell me in detail how to do it.
Please.
Thank you.

Hi @mifjpn

I think, you have to install again:

As usual via Terminal : Xcode-select -install or when you run Xcode.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, naiclub said:
  Reveal hidden contents

1132545986_ScreenShot2563-11-14at16_34_58.thumb.png.334d46918463565f3552e585da36fa15.png

Anyone have a bootable EFI with Install macOS Sierra, now I can't boot install.

PC: Working with same Clover v5126 (git release) from El Capitan to Big Sur 11.0.1

Notebook 1: Same Clover v5126 from Sierra to Big Sur 11.0.1, some kexts are too new for Mojave and older, so I needed to put ACPIBatteryManager.kext (needed for Sierra only) to kexts/10.12, SATA-100-series-unsupported.kext to kexts/10.12-10.14

Notebook 2: Same Clover v5126, Only El Capitan, Catalina and Big Sur tested. 

All of the above OSs are installed from a bootable USB installer.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, mifjpn said:

Thank you everyone.

% Xcode-select --install
Xcode-select: error: command line tools are already installed, use "Software Update" to install updates

Since it is displayed, Xcode is deleted once with AppCleaner, and Xcode is being installed again.

Have a look to Xcode / Preferences, maybe. :)

Spoiler

1658892828_Capturedcran2020-11-1411_32_45.png.b2d2921873653f537d2b938afe052b48.png

27 minutes ago, kushwavez said:

PC: Working with same Clover v5126 (git release) from El Capitan to Big Sur 11.0.1

Notebook 1: Same Clover v5126 from Sierra to Big Sur 11.0.1, some kexts are too new for Mojave and older, so I needed to put ACPIBatteryManager.kext (needed for Sierra only) to kexts/10.12, SATA-100-series-unsupported.kext to kexts/10.12-10.14

Notebook 2: Same Clover v5126, Only El Capitan, Catalina and Big Sur tested. 

All of the above OSs are installed from a bootable USB installer.

I asked you to share. , EFI or not
Thank you very much