Clover General discussion

ErmaC
30,059 posts in this topic

Clover went through a difficult exam, I updated AMD X570 without any kexts in the other folder and with the default config, with which I can start high sierra, mojave, catalina and big sur. This means, it means that on the first restart you didn't get lost or messed up with the kernel patches, everything went as it should, successful update :thumbsup_anim:

it seems to me a really good job of the developers, 10 minutes of applause :guitar:

1029632045_Schermata2020-11-13alle01_08_30.thumb.png.6f6ce697ecb35aba9676240ee01b0577.png

2046321545_Schermata2020-11-13alle01_29_21.thumb.png.7ca62767dbc573440f05e682351e7cd2.png

CLOVERX64-5126-7f1b87c92.efi.zip

Edited by iCanaro
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Guys, is there any way to test NVRAM or repair the permissions and give it read and write permission again? I went to use Open Core 0.6.3 and I used the OC's NVRAM Reset option, it happened to break my bios. I can't find any more UEFI drives on my hard drives. I have Clover on an SSD and on an HD, the bios can't find them to boot and the Clover screen appears. I have already reset the bios, I have already rewritten it (Ez Flash) but I cannot find the UEFI units to boot. I only find the UEFI unit of the flash drive when I connect it to a USB port.
I entered Catalina using the EFI of the flash drive, installed Clover on the SSD and HD by .pkg, but there is still no boot option for the disks in my bios.

I believe the problem is NVRAM because I used the Open Core 0.6.3 Reset NVRAM option. Did this cause my bios to lose access to NVRAM? Is there any way to repair it? I used the F11 on the Clover screen of the flash drive, but nothing worked.

I can't keep my bios without the boot option.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Vinicius P. Miranda said:

Guys, is there any way to test NVRAM or repair the permissions and give it read and write permission again? I went to use Open Core 0.6.3 and I used the OC's NVRAM Reset option, it happened to break my bios. I can't find any more UEFI drives on my hard drives. I have Clover on an SSD and on an HD, the bios can't find them to boot and the Clover screen appears. I have already reset the bios, I have already rewritten it (Ez Flash) but I cannot find the UEFI units to boot. I only find the UEFI unit of the flash drive when I connect it to a USB port.
I entered Catalina using the EFI of the flash drive, installed Clover on the SSD and HD by .pkg, but there is still no boot option for the disks in my bios.

I believe the problem is NVRAM because I used the Open Core 0.6.3 Reset NVRAM option. Did this cause my bios to lose access to NVRAM? Is there any way to repair it? I used the F11 on the Clover screen of the flash drive, but nothing worked.

I can't keep my bios without the boot option.

you have a fragile BIOS, but remedying, when you know the steps it is very simple.

1- more complex option, you start the EFI Shell and manually add entries that the BIOS cannot integrate

2- very easy option, the one I use in particular on a hack, which you lose the entries to make it bau... you operate from an livepe or windows the tool is bootice

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, ellaosx said:

@Jief_Machak mentioned that we need to unhide the preboot in config.plist for the BS.

But since im not testing BS and still at High Sierra, did this made it to r5126 or no? Cause the preboot is showing in r5126

20 hours ago, Jief_Machak said:

Tried here, and the preboot doesn't show IF the main partition is accessible. debug.log + screenshot ?

One of the pic inside the zip shows the preboot of highsierra is detected as 11.0? I dont have that folder and BS installed.

ellaosx.zip

Edited by ellaosx

7 hours ago, ellaosx said:

One of the pic inside the zip shows the preboot of highsierra is detected as 11.0? I dont have that folder and BS installed.

ellaosx.zip

I think I understand.

You have an entry for a BS installer that was created on your HS volume (like if you want to upgrade).

We still have that problem that Clover detects "dead" installer entries.

Remove "7163695D-E5CD-3610-BB59-44B0BBC65A3E\com.apple.installer" and it'll go away.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Vampirexx said:

i cannot see mac os install partition with big sur and clover last version 5126. I read i need to have the preboot partition and start from it but i cannot see it... how can i solve? Thanx

Check in config.plist is surely Hide

<key>Hide</key>
        <array>
            <string>Preboot</string>
        </array>

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, Vampirexx said:

i cannot see mac os install partition with big sur and clover last version 5126. I read i need to have the preboot partition and start from it but i cannot see it... how can i solve? Thanx

You want to update  or clean install Big Sur from USB :) 

@Jief_Machak

jief666 F.Y.I

Last master-branch Clover r5126 commit (7f1b87c92fb2c2449032797b7a1b77e6527f1abb) compilation with WARNINGS

Compiled with default options

Running edk2 build for CloverX64 using the command:

build  -D DISABLE_USB_SUPPORT -D NO_GRUB_DRIVERS_EMBEDDED -D USE_BIOS_BLOCKIO -D USE_LOW_EBDA -p Clover.dsc  -a X64 -b RELEASE -t GCC53 -n 5

Version.h (content)

#define FIRMWARE_BUILDDATE "2020-11-13 15:22:44"

#define FIRMWARE_REVISION L"5126"

#define REVISION_STR "Clover revision: 5126 (master, commit 7f1b87c92)"

#define REVISION_DATE "2020-11-13 00:25:56 +0300"

#define COMMIT_HASH "7f1b87c92fb2c2449032797b7a1b77e6527f1abb"

#define BUILD_ID "20201113002556-7f1b87c"

#define BUILDINFOS_STR "Args: -D NO_GRUB_DRIVERS_EMBEDDED -D LESS_DEBUG -t GCC53 | -D NO_GRUB_DRIVERS_EMBEDDED -D LESS_DEBUG --conf=/Users/…/CloverBootloader/Conf -D USE_LOW_EBDA -a X64 -b RELEASE -t GCC53 -n 5 | OS: 11.0.1"

Warnings (ostype.h and macosversion_test.h are missing into CloverBootloader/rEFIt_UEFI/refit.inf)

Active Platform          = /Users/.../CloverBootloader/Clover.dsc

.............build: : warning: Module MetaFile [Sources] is missing local header!

Local Header: /users/.../cloverbootloader/refit_uefi/include/ostype.h not found in /Users/.../CloverBootloader/rEFIt_UEFI/refit.inf

build: : warning: Module MetaFile [Sources] is missing local header!

Local Header: /users/.../cloverbootloader/refit_uefi/include/ostype.h not found in /Users/.../CloverBootloader/rEFIt_UEFI/refit.inf

Local Header: /users/.../cloverbootloader/refit_uefi/cpp_unit_test/macosversion_test.h not found in /Users/.../CloverBootloader/rEFIt_UEFI/refit.inf

Local Header: /users/.../cloverbootloader/refit_uefi/cpp_unit_test/macosversion_test.h not found in /Users/.../CloverBootloader/rEFIt_UEFI/refit.inf

......... done!

Regards

Capture d’écran 2020-11-13 à 15.58.49.png

Capture d’écran 2020-11-13 à 15.58.08.png

Capture d’écran 2020-11-13 à 15.59.28.png

30 minutes ago, Vampirexx said:

i didi a clean install usb pendrive with tinu app:

https://github.com/ITzTravelInTime/TINU/releases/tag/3.0_BETA_4_(82)

here it is my efi folder, thanx for help

I suppose the EFI is using for USB drive. You want to install BS on the config in your signature B250M. Right !

In EFI/CLOVER/Kexts, you don't have HFSPlus.efi: how have you boot the USB and install Big Sur?

Edited by Matgen84
  • Thanks 1

Hello @everyone, I installed Big Sur release using a USB pen drive and it went smoothly. The only issue so far is that the USB 3.1 ASmedia controller pcie card is not loaded properly and the USB 3.1 external disk is not recognized as such when connected. Attached are some pictures and my efi folder (excluding themes and doc folders). Any tips will be highly appreciated.

C36519B4-A0F9-4BC0-BD96-E72BA331DCC8.jpeg

E1598816-7949-4ABE-B44F-5CCBA3B5AEFF.jpeg

Archive Clover.zip

Jorge’s iMac.zip

Edited by jlrycm

8 minutes ago, Matgen84 said:

I suppose the EFI is using for USB drive. You want to install BS on the config in your signature B250M. Right !

In EFI/CLOVER/Kexts, you don't have HFSPlus.efi: how have you boot the USB and install Big Sur?

Thanx buddy i tried adding that drivers hfsplus but still the problem persists

13 minutes ago, Vampirexx said:

Thanx buddy i tried adding that drivers hfsplus but still the problem persists

I don't understand well what's your problem: macOS Install appears only after the first reboot (if I remember well), Preboot is needed to boot BS when installation is finished. But it seems that you can't install Big Sur :unsure:

Very strange.

Please check your config.plist carefully.

Capture d’écran 2020-11-13 à 17.00.05.png

Edited by Matgen84
  • Thanks 1

now it started!! Finally thanx buddy i dont know what i changed maybe some quirks settings or maybe i cleared the nvram after i added the hfs driver anyway now i can see the install big sur disk. Nope i didnt installed anything since now i couldnt neither see the partition disk to start, but now works fine thanx!!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Vampirexx said:

you answered like this