Clover General discussion

ErmaC
30,059 posts in this topic

22 minutes ago, SavageAUS said:

I had to wipe my hard drives now I cannot install macOS on my X570. Tried RC1 and RC2 with 5126. No config changes but after second reboot I get a very quick text scroll then reboot. Using install macOS via preboot. Not sure if it’s a config error or kernel patches but I’ll keep trying I guess. If anyone on X570 can post a working install config for RC1 or 2 I would appreciate it. 

Use my latest efi, there is a better OS version detection.

At Clover GUI, press space when on the installer entry to check the detected version. Do that check at each reboot.

CloverX64-2020-11-12-15-57-18-0bbc1e3-dirty-jief.zip

If version is not detected, send me a zip of the preboot partition, from the installer container if it's an installer entry, or from the container you installed into.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, iCanaro said:

notes to developers:

on AMD systems, but not only that, I also think of notebooks with I2C, for some kext it is very important that a certain loading order is defined.
For example, on my AMD X570 AMDRyzenCPUPowerManagement.kext must be loaded before SMCAMDProcessor.kext; At the same time, AMDRyzenCPUPowerManagement.kext must be loaded after VirtualSMC.kext; but VirtualSMC is also a LILU plugin, so LILU must be at the top of the load order.
All this serves for the perfect functioning and integration of the various kexts
now on clover the only distinction is that the kexts in the other folder will be loaded as a priority over kexts in folders 10.xx 11
IMHO would be useful to have the ability to define load order for kexts, if not for everyone, but for some

When can put this kext in the hard coded order list.

(please everybody, don't start with "it's bad to hard code, etc.").

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, iCanaro said:

test config-Install_BS-SavageAUS.plist

if you still have problems move other lilu weg virtualsmc/fakesmc to the other folder

Thanks I’ll give that a try when I can and report back. 
Updating my laptop now to RC2 and all going well so far. @Jief_Machak pressing space bar detected version as 11.0.1 on intel laptop on 2nd reboot. 

2 hours ago, iCanaro said:

notes to developers:

on AMD systems, but not only that, I also think of notebooks with I2C, for some kext it is very important that a certain loading order is defined.
For example, on my AMD X570 AMDRyzenCPUPowerManagement.kext must be loaded before SMCAMDProcessor.kext; At the same time, AMDRyzenCPUPowerManagement.kext must be loaded after VirtualSMC.kext; but VirtualSMC is also a LILU plugin, so LILU must be at the top of the load order.
All this serves for the perfect functioning and integration of the various kexts
now on clover the only distinction is that the kexts in the other folder will be loaded as a priority over kexts in folders 10.xx 11
IMHO would be useful to have the ability to define load order for kexts, if not for everyone, but for some

Ok, I've added AMDRyzenCPUPowerManagement.kext and SMCAMDProcessor.kext in the list.

AMDRyzenCPUPowerManagement will be loaded after VirtualSMC, and SMCAMDProcessor after AMDRyzenCPUPowerManagement.

CloverX64-2020-11-12-16-50-51-0bbc1e3-dirty-jief.zip

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Jief_Machak said:

Ok, I've added AMDRyzenCPUPowerManagement.kext and SMCAMDProcessor.kext in the list.

AMDRyzenCPUPowerManagement will be loaded after VirtualSMC, and SMCAMDProcessor after AMDRyzenCPUPowerManagement.

CloverX64-2020-11-12-16-50-51-0bbc1e3-dirty-jief.zip

it seems to be all OK, big sur has started correctly and AMDPower Gadget reports cpu temperature

debug.log

PS: I was wondering, if it was possible to clear log debugging from the Clover GUI, for example with a combination of CTRL + F11o other keys

• Like 1

Hello @Jief_Machak,  i see that you are working on kext loading order
i have a problem and im suspecting this order as culpit
the problem is that not all the time i have a working power management... and also, interesting, after reset NVRAM, power management are working till first reboot...
what could be?
im ussing CPUFriend in combination with SSDT-PLUG to achieve it
Thanks

31 minutes ago, MICKHAEL said:

Hello @Jief_Machak,  i see that you are working on kext loading order
i have a problem and im suspecting this order as culpit
the problem is that not all the time i have a working power management... and also, interesting, after reset NVRAM, power management are working till first reboot...
what could be?
im ussing CPUFriend in combination with SSDT-PLUG to achieve it
Thanks

Yes, we really have to implement properly the kext ordering. I won't have time before January. That's why we hard code so far.

CPUFriend needs lilu. Lilu is hard coded to be the first to load. So I'd say that shouldn't be the problem.

I don't know what could cause that. Don't know either if NVRAM could have an effect or if it's just coincidence...

Sorry.

@everyone : have a look in plist of your kext :

<key>OSBundleLibraries</key>
	<dict>
		<key>as.vit9696.Lilu</key>
		<string>1.2.0</string>
		<key>com.apple.iokit.IOACPIFamily</key>
		<string>1.0.0d1</string>
		<key>com.apple.kpi.bsd</key>
		<string>12.0.0</string>
		<key>com.apple.kpi.dsep</key>
		<string>12.0.0</string>
		<key>com.apple.kpi.iokit</key>
		<string>12.0.0</string>
		<key>com.apple.kpi.libkern</key>
		<string>12.0.0</string>
		<key>com.apple.kpi.mach</key>
		<string>12.0.0</string>
		<key>com.apple.kpi.unsupported</key>
		<string>12.0.0</string>
	</dict>

ignore the com.apple.*.

If there is a dependence on an other kext, tell me. We'll hard coding it. NOTE : if it's lilu, like in this example, no need to report. As I said, Lilu is first in all case.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Jief_Machak said:

Yes, we really have to implement properly the kext ordering. I won't have time before January. That's why we hard code so far.

there is no problem, so far you have done a great job, thank you :)

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Jief_Machak said:

CPUFriend needs lilu. Lilu is hard coded to be the first to load. So I'd say that shouldn't be the problem.

I don't know what could cause that. Don't know either if NVRAM could have an effect or if it's just coincidence...

Sorry.

@everyone : have a look in plist of your kext :

<key>OSBundleLibraries</key>
	<dict>
		<key>as.vit9696.Lilu</key>
		<string>1.2.0</string>
		<key>com.apple.iokit.IOACPIFamily</key>
		<string>1.0.0d1</string>
		<key>com.apple.kpi.bsd</key>
		<string>12.0.0</string>
		<key>com.apple.kpi.dsep</key>
		<string>12.0.0</string>
		<key>com.apple.kpi.iokit</key>
		<string>12.0.0</string>
		<key>com.apple.kpi.libkern</key>
		<string>12.0.0</string>
		<key>com.apple.kpi.mach</key>
		<string>12.0.0</string>
		<key>com.apple.kpi.unsupported</key>
		<string>12.0.0</string>
	</dict>

ignore the com.apple.*.

If there is a dependence on an other kext, tell me. We'll hard coding it. NOTE : if it's lilu, like in this example, no need to report. As I said, Lilu is first in all case.

I thought kext order loading could be done in Clover already? Simply by using directories inside kexts. Please refer to screenshot in attachment. Inside Lilu.kext/Contents/PlugIns the Lilu kexts are located and because of that they always load after Lilu.kext, correct? The order between them is of course undefined but doesn't matter I think. Of course PlugIns directories can be created inside any kexts and therefore the order of kext loading can be controlled even further if required, by nesting directories.

Clover bdmesg output shows the following:

91:549  0:001  AddKextsInArray from Other

91:549  0:000  ->Extra kext: Other\AppleALC.kext (v.1.5.5)

91:549  0:000  ->Extra kext: Other\IntelMausiEthernet.kext (v.2.5.3d1)

91:549  0:000  ->Extra kext: Other\Lilu.kext (v.1.5.0)

91:549  0:000      |-- PlugIn kext: Other\Lilu.kext\Contents\PlugIns\HibernationFixup.kext (v.1.3.8)

91:549  0:000      |-- PlugIn kext: Other\Lilu.kext\Contents\PlugIns\WhateverGreen.kext (v.1.4.5)

91:549  0:000      |-- PlugIn kext: Other\Lilu.kext\Contents\PlugIns\USBInjectAll.kext (v.0.7.5)

91:549  0:000      |-- PlugIn kext: Other\Lilu.kext\Contents\PlugIns\CPUFriend.kext (v.1.2.2)

91:549  0:000      |-- PlugIn kext: Other\Lilu.kext\Contents\PlugIns\EFICheckDisabler.kext (v.0.5)

91:549  0:000  ->Extra kext: Other\VirtualSMC.kext (v.1.1.9)

91:549  0:000      |-- PlugIn kext: Other\VirtualSMC.kext\Contents\PlugIns\SMCSuperIO.kext (v.1.1.9)

91:549  0:000      |-- PlugIn kext: Other\VirtualSMC.kext\Contents\PlugIns\SMCProcessor.kext (v.1.1.9)

Screenshot 2020-11-12 at 17.20.15.png

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, chris1111 said:

@iCanaro Please let me known if this work :D Thank you

Archive.zip

22 minutes ago, chris1111 said:

@iCanaro If not work try this icon :D Thank you

Archive.zip

am I by any chance becoming the human case of november?! :hysterical:
still no EFI icon with both archives... :ninja:

now I want to try some other hacks for confirmation as well and not just on X570

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, iCanaro said:

am I by any chance becoming the human case of november?! :hysterical:
still no EFI icon with both archives... :ninja:

now I want to try some other hacks for confirmation as well and not just on X570

With Neon Theme on X570 do you have EFI ? :rofl:

Post picture screenshot of neon theme if you have thanks

Edited by chris1111

37 minutes ago, chris1111 said:

With Neon Theme on X570 do you have EFI ? :rofl:

Post picture screenshot of neon theme if you have thanks

I tried on the Z370 and Z68 but no EFI icon and this one with both Neon and OCintegration theme

Spoiler

screenshot1.thumb.png.53153dd1bc22aeac77d5b333a574e463.pngscreenshot0.thumb.png.c15fdda8763ff51fa14d18a8a37af298.png

12 minutes ago, iCanaro said:

I tried on the Z370 and Z68 but no EFI icon and this one with both Neon and OCintegration theme

Hide contents

screenshot1.thumb.png.53153dd1bc22aeac77d5b333a574e463.pngscreenshot0.thumb.png.c15fdda8763ff51fa14d18a8a37af298.png

Thanks that's confirm this is not a theme issue its a clover issue I think but not sure? :D

@iCanaro This attaching icon solved EFI :thumbsup_anim:

os_unknown.icns.zip

Edited by chris1111
attaching icon solved EFI
  • Thanks 1