Clover General discussion

ErmaC
30,059 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, iCanaro said:

interesting hypothesis, but the "anomalous" behavior from me occurs only with high sierra, never happened with mojave, also in HFS+

Yes, the programmer get fired, and the software piece was updated to fail instead of updating the wrong preboot folder !

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Jief_Machak said:

That's the second time we were reported this.

Looks like a mixed up in compiler PATH. Vfr must be compiled with host compiler and it looks like it's compiled with cross compiler. It doesn't come from your computer.

What if you use "./buildme XCODE8". Clean your Clover folder with "git -f -f -d -x" first. CAREFUL "git -f -f -d -x" erase every file you created, to only keep the files that are on github. So the effect is that your Clover folder will be in the same state as a freshly cloned repo.

I have to thank you, thanks to this advice, I finally managed to compile Clover on the Catalina of the X570, before it always gave some mistake, this time everything OK :thumbsup_anim:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jief_Machak said:

@everyone : I've reworked the version number problem. Before I commit (I'd like to avoid to commit big mistake ;)), could test this efi file CloverX64-2020-11-11-12-57-35-0bbc1e3-dirty-jief.zip

NOTE : because you are (all) so impatient (:P), you probably have all your kexts in "Other" folder, for the 11.0.1 version. What I'd like you to test is that you can put back your kexts in folder "11", or "11.0" or "11.0.1" (your choice). I also like to know if I haven't introduced a regression for older macOS.

NOTE2: the kext folder your can create is like :

11 : will match version 11.x and 11.x.x

11.0 : will match version 11.0 and 11.0.x

11.0.1 : will match version 11.0.1 only.

for all folder created, you also can create one with "_install", "_normal", "_recovery" to match the OS type.

tested on the AMD X570, catalina starts but big sur does not start, in my opinion does not load or correctly apply kernel patches for bigsur.
I checked config carefully, kexts in folder 11, but does not start
here are the logs preboot.log debug.log

With the previous Clover everything OK.

1 minute ago, iCanaro said:

tested on the AMD X570, catalina starts but big sur does not start, in my opinion does not load or correctly apply kernel patches for bigsur.
I checked config carefully, kexts in folder 11, but does not start
here are the logs preboot.log debug.log

With the previous Clover everything OK.

Yes, don't touch your config.

I completely forgot to check patches... On my way.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Jief_Machak said:

Yes, I see "[OS: 11.0.1 | MatchOS: 11 | MatchBuild: no] ==> not allowed by OS".

Could you send me a debug.log when it's working (same computer) ?

X570 AMD

of course you do, here it is debug.log

notes: this same config if in kernel patches i define bigsur with 11 does not start
if you impose 11.x instead then start

3 minutes ago, iCanaro said:

this same config if in kernel patches i define bigsur with 11 does not start

Not great for me, as I want to compare behaviour in the exact same context. Here, you modified config.plist. In the end, I'm not sure of what was working before and not working anymore with the version I've sent...

I'd prefer if you can restore the config.plist that was working with 5126 and not working with my last version, and send me the 2 debug.log.

Between the 2 debug.log, there should be no modification at all.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Jief_Machak said:

Not great for me, as I want to compare behaviour in the exact same context. Here, you modified config.plist. In the end, I'm not sure of what was working before and not working anymore with the version I've sent...

I'd prefer if you can restore the config.plist that was working with 5126 and not working with my last version, and send me the 2 debug.log.

Try booting into bigsur, loading kext incorrectly, instead of loading folder 11, loading folder 10.13 instead.

What are your thoughts?

bs.log

mo.log

12 minutes ago, Jief_Machak said:

OK I got new logs
I didn't touch anything at all, started with the same config, just changes the version of Clover

NOK_debug.log

OK_debug.log

2 minutes ago, iCanaro said:

OK I got new logs
I didn't touch anything at all, started with the same config, just changes the version of Clover

NOK_debug.log

OK_debug.log

Ok, so from this, it's clear that 11.x doesn't match 11.0.1, which is wrong, of course.

I'm wondering : I saw you used 11 instead of 11.x previously. Am I right ? Was it working with 5126 ?

@iCanaro

cpuid_set_cache_info - cpuid 0x8000001D instead 0 :: [OS: 11.0.1 | MatchOS: 10.15.x,11.x | MatchBuild: no] ==> not allowed by OS

[15]: cpuid_set_info - jmp to calculations and set cpuid_cores_per_package  :: [OS: 11.0.1 | MatchOS: 10.15.x,11.x | MatchBuild: no] ==> not allowed by OS

16]: cpuid_set_info - cores and threads calculations :: [OS: 11.0.1 | MatchOS: 10.15.x,11.x | MatchBuild: no] ==> not allowed by OS

and so on

GetOS is good here..matching no

and:

[24]: i386_init - remove rdmsr :: [OS: 11.0.1 | MatchOS: All | MatchBuild: no] ==> allowed by OS

empty matchOS load the patch

Edited by Guest

43 minutes ago, Jief_Machak said:

If you just put 11. Does it work with 5126 and not with my version ?

mmm here we enter an area where we could get lost, already it would be difficult to explain it if we spoke the same language, with translators I see it hard that we can understand each other well.
With this specific config of which I posted you last log, if I put only 11 does not start even with the previous Clover, and this thing is very strange.

What's even weirder is that I have 2 other identical configs, which differ only in kernel patch number, one from OC conversion with 38 patches that starts all macOS starting from high sierra, and another with minimal patches that starts mojave, catalina and big sur
the latter 2 have both defined with 11 big sur in kernel patches.
Then finally I have a config with active only patches for all macOS and those for catalina and big sur only and that I used for big sur installations

PS: 

IMHO you developers need to determine how to define matchOS
11.x
10.16.x

or whatever it is or you decide to use, so you can put firm points

Edited by iCanaro
  • Like 1

Do you guys know how to boot from FileVault Preboot? I accidently turned FileVault On. It's not showing at the drive selection even with F3, and now I cannot boot. It showed on Catalina and Mojave on older Clover version (I don't remember what version), but not on Big Sur with Clover v5126.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, kushwavez said:

Do you guys know how to boot from FileVault Preboot? I accidently turned FileVault On. It's not showing at the drive selection even with F3, and now I cannot boot. It showed on Catalina and Mojave on older Clover version (I don't remember what version), but not on Big Sur with Clover v5126.

here its booting. not sure why you don't see your drive

1 hour ago, kushwavez said:

Booting encrypted shouldn't be different. So unfortunately I don't know. Send me a zip of your preboot and maybe I can try here...