Clover General discussion

ErmaC
30,059 posts in this topic

Hi everyone, I did take the steps provided on a virgin (never installed gcc or other) system:

$ git clone --recurse-submodules https://github.com/CloverHackyColor/CloverBootloader.git
cd CloverBootloader
./buildme

Then, I chose option 7 to build all. It installed needed tools (great!!) but I have this error reported (on my Catalina latest):

[...]
mkdir ./bin
make -C VfrCompile VfrLexer.h
BIN_DIR='.' make -C Pccts/dlg
cc -O -I. -I../support/set -I../h -DUSER_ZZSYN -DZZLEXBUFSIZE=65536 -c dlg_p.c
In file included from dlg_p.c:14:
In file included from ../h/pcctscfg.h:61:
../h/pccts_stdio.h:7:10: fatal error: 'stdio.h' file not found
#include <stdio.h>
         ^~~~~~~~~
1 error generated.
make[3]: *** [dlg_p.o] Error 1
make[2]: *** [Pccts/dlg/dlg] Error 2
make[1]: *** [VfrCompile/VfrLexer.h] Error 2
make: *** [Source/C] Error 2

Any idea what is this missing ../h/pccts_stdio.h file missing? Thanks

• Confused 1

10 hours ago, iCanaro said:

if you use OpenCore you start very much ahead. you have to fix the quirks section of Clover identically as you are using on OC, then no aptio, only OpenRuntime.
In my hacks starting from Z68 I only use 3 .efi, OpenRuntime, VboxHFS and APFS drivers; and everything seems to work as it owes exactly the same as OC

I have solved my issue with my HP Envy laptop, trying to update to latest Clover 5126.

I am using VoodooPS2Controller.kext to get my keyboard and touchpad working.

This kext packages several other kexts as plugins (VoodooInput, VoodooPS2Trackpad, ...). In OpenCore I had to load each plugin separately.

In the old Clover (before 5123) I just used VoodooPS2Controller.kext and Clover automatically loads each plugin.

Since the latest Clover uses OpenCore.efi for kext loading, this was not working anymore --> Clover just hangs at the OS selection screen.

I have unpacked each kext now from the Plugin folder in VoodooPS2Controller.kext.

I'm ready for Big Sur! 

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, iCanaro said:

hack Z68  :thumbsup_anim: 

3 restarts, all as smooth as oil... extra virgin olive, of course ;) 

811254799_Schermata2020-11-10alle23_05_49.png.8747d6deb86a78300248607a45e27a20.png

What is the CPU on this Z68 ? do you please share EFI because I have Issue update on my 6 series Optiplex 790 CPU i5 2500k

even with OC

• Haha 1

HP Envy Recline 23-K300BR 

intel i3-4130T

Intel HD4400 / "Nvidia 830A Optimus" desactived

8Go ram

SSD

Clover r5126

uPdate OK 100% Clover 

BigSur 11.0.1 RC 2 

Spoiler

159579036_Capturedecran2020-11-11a00_26_09.thumb.png.4e1a05fe2cafedf97533bb3b7de40fd0.png

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, AntarcticP said:

I should have given more background. I have both OpenCore (0.6.3) and Clover (5126) working on my AMD FX hackintosh. So I am aware of the Quirks section in the Clover config.plist.

On the HP laptop I also have a working OpenCore setup and Clover 5122. For the update to Clover 5126, I did adjust the Quirks section of the Clover config.plist and used the same settings that are working in my Opencore setup. All kexts are updated.

Will check again on memory manager tonight --> I assume you mean I should delete the Aptioxxx fixes?

Any other hints are welcome. I still like Clover bootloader, but it's getting hard to configure without good instructions. 

would you mind to share the clover patch for amd 15-16 h procesoor

59 minutes ago, chris1111 said:

What is the CPU on this Z68 ? do you please share EFI because I have Issue update on my 6 series Optiplex 790 CPU i5 2500k

even with OC

OK time to complete some things, then I put it on MEGA and I'll link you, here on IM I ran out of space.
If in the meantime you click on Clover Quirks that I have signed, on the page where you arrive there is the quirks section of my Z68 with i7 2600K
then you tried some boot-arg kind 
-lilubetaall
vsmcgen=1
watchdog=0

• Like 2

@chris1111 https://mega.nz/file/3iAymRTR#Nnu9PVtZNNUoNWtlKLo4i1MxCu_lKsNjbfR_9yDgA34

Z97 :thumbsup_anim: it made me work a bit but eventually gave in

on the first restart after a while the prohibition signal appeared, like when one installs from pendrive and you lose the USB port, here I was on NVMe so I set the

built-in DATA 01000000 in properties

then I inserted boot-arg

-lilubetaall

vsmcgen=1

238501587_Schermata2020-11-11alle01_11_1

638713976_Schermata2020-11-11alle01_21_4

Edited by iCanaro
  • Like 2

OTA to RC2 was done after 2 restarts.:thumbsup_anim:

But it was awkwardly slow for a new SSD... 30mins, srsly??? ...-_-

(Didn't use watchdog=0 as I wanted to see how it would go.)

EDIT:

The RC2 upgrade removed my Command Line Tools. Srsly?:shock:

Edited by Henry2010
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, MacKonsti said:

Hi everyone, I did take the steps provided on a virgin (never installed gcc or other) system:

$ git clone --recurse-submodules https://github.com/CloverHackyColor/CloverBootloader.git
cd CloverBootloader
./buildme

Then, I chose option 7 to build all. It installed needed tools (great!!) but I have this error reported (on my Catalina latest):

[...]
mkdir ./bin
#include <stdio.h>
         ^~~~~~~~~
1 error generated.

Any idea what is this missing ../h/pccts_stdio.h file missing? Thanks

That's the second time we were reported this.

Looks like a mixed up in compiler PATH. Vfr must be compiled with host compiler and it looks like it's compiled with cross compiler. It doesn't come from your computer.

What if you use "./buildme XCODE8". Clean your Clover folder with "git -f -f -d -x" first. CAREFUL "git -f -f -d -x" erase every file you created, to only keep the files that are on github. So the effect is that your Clover folder will be in the same state as a freshly cloned repo.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

@everyone : I've reworked the version number problem. Before I commit (I'd like to avoid to commit big mistake ;)), could test this efi file CloverX64-2020-11-11-12-57-35-0bbc1e3-dirty-jief.zip

NOTE : because you are (all) so impatient (:P), you probably have all your kexts in "Other" folder, for the 11.0.1 version. What I'd like you to test is that you can put back your kexts in folder "11", or "11.0" or "11.0.1" (your choice). I also like to know if I haven't introduced a regression for older macOS.

NOTE2: the kext folder your can create is like :

11 : will match version 11.x and 11.x.x

11.0 : will match version 11.0 and 11.0.x

11.0.1 : will match version 11.0.1 only.

for all folder created, you also can create one with "_install", "_normal", "_recovery" to match the OS type.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Jief_Machak said:

That's the second time we were reported this.

Looks like a mixed up in compiler PATH. Vfr must be compiled with host compiler and it looks like it's compiled with cross compiler. It doesn't come from your computer.

What if you use "./buildme XCODE8". Clean your Clover folder with "git -f -f -d -x" first. CAREFUL "git -f -f -d -x" erase every file you created, to only keep the files that are on github. So the effect is that your Clover folder will be in the same state as a freshly cloned repo.

Thanks @Jief_Machak

Your command git -f -f -d -x did not work, you meant git clean f -f -d -x right?

That command was accepted.

Then ran ./buildme XCODE8
Selected option 1 and 7 to build all on purpose.

It downloaded some more stuff, not sure what.

Still same error for both options :( Here's the output. Thanks again for your response. I know you're busy with the BS released tomorrow officially, so when you got some time to check this let me know.

Spoiler

% ./buildme XCODE8

------------------------------------------------------------------------
buildme, Clover r5126 (SHA: 0bbc1e343)
TOOLCHAIN: XCODE8 (override example: './buildme XCODE8')

1) build Clover
 2) build Clover with HFSPlus
 3) make pkg
 4) make app
 5) make app (with Clover)
 6) make iso
 7) build all
 8) test build (no autogen, no boot files)
 9) status
10) update Clover
11) show diff
12) open CloverV2/EFI/CLOVER directory
13) update Clover (reset changes)
14) clean BaseTools
15) quit
Please enter your choice: 7
[CHECK XCODE]
WORKSPACE: /Users/konsti/Desktop/BigSur/CloverBootloader
EDK_TOOLS_PATH: /Users/konsti/Desktop/BigSur/CloverBootloader/BaseTools
CONF_PATH: /Users/konsti/Desktop/BigSur/CloverBootloader/Conf
Copying $EDK_TOOLS_PATH/Conf/build_rule.template
     to /Users/konsti/Desktop/BigSur/CloverBootloader/Conf/build_rule.txt
Copying $EDK_TOOLS_PATH/Conf/tools_def.template
     to /Users/konsti/Desktop/BigSur/CloverBootloader/Conf/tools_def.txt
Copying $EDK_TOOLS_PATH/Conf/target.template
     to /Users/konsti/Desktop/BigSur/CloverBootloader/Conf/target.txt
[BUILD CLOVER]
TOOLCHAIN_DIR: /Users/konsti/Desktop/BigSur/CloverBootloader/toolchain

% Total    % Received % Xferd  Average Speed   Time    Time     Time  Current
                                 Dload  Upload   Total   Spent    Left  Speed
100 1922k  100 1922k    0     0  2013k      0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 2011k
- Creating new RAM disk

Initialized /dev/rdisk3 as a 300 MB case-insensitive HFS Plus volume
-  cctools-949.0.1 extract...
-  cctools-949.0.1 make mtoc...
-  cctools-949.0.1 installing mtoc...
-  cctools-949.0.1 mtoc installed in /Users/konsti/Desktop/BigSur/CloverBootloader/toolchain

- Ejecting RAM disk
"disk3" ejected.
MTOC_PREFIX: /Users/konsti/Desktop/BigSur/CloverBootloader/toolchain/bin/

% Total    % Received % Xferd  Average Speed   Time    Time     Time  Current
                                 Dload  Upload   Total   Spent    Left  Speed
100  972k  100  972k    0     0   147k      0  0:00:06  0:00:06 --:--:--  288k
- Creating new RAM disk

Initialized /dev/rdisk3 as a 300 MB case-insensitive HFS Plus volume
-  nasm-2.15.05 extract...
-  nasm-2.15.05 configure...
-  nasm-2.15.05 make...
-  nasm-2.15.05 installing...
-  nasm-2.15.05 installed in /Users/konsti/Desktop/BigSur/CloverBootloader/toolchain

- Ejecting RAM disk
"disk3" ejected.
NASM_PREFIX: /Users/konsti/Desktop/BigSur/CloverBootloader/toolchain/bin/
NASM_VER: 2.15.05
Initializing workspace
WORKSPACE: /Users/konsti/Desktop/BigSur/CloverBootloader
EDK_TOOLS_PATH: /Users/konsti/Desktop/BigSur/CloverBootloader/BaseTools
CONF_PATH: /Users/konsti/Desktop/BigSur/CloverBootloader/Conf
Copying $EDK_TOOLS_PATH/Conf/build_rule.template
     to /Users/konsti/Desktop/BigSur/CloverBootloader/Conf/build_rule.txt
Copying $EDK_TOOLS_PATH/Conf/tools_def.template
     to /Users/konsti/Desktop/BigSur/CloverBootloader/Conf/tools_def.txt
Copying $EDK_TOOLS_PATH/Conf/target.template
     to /Users/konsti/Desktop/BigSur/CloverBootloader/Conf/target.txt
Building tools as they are not found
make -C Source/C
Attempting to detect HOST_ARCH from 'uname -m': x86_64
Detected HOST_ARCH of X64 using uname.
mkdir -p .
mkdir ./libs 
make -C Common
gcc  -c  -I .. -I ../Include/Common -I ../Include/ -I ../Include/IndustryStandard -I ../Common/ -I .. -I . -I ../Include/X64/  -MD -fshort-wchar -fno-strict-aliasing -Wall -Werror -Wno-deprecated-declarations -Wno-self-assign -Wno-unused-result -nostdlib -g -O2  BasePeCoff.c -o BasePeCoff.o
gcc  -c  -I .. -I ../Include/Common -I ../Include/ -I ../Include/IndustryStandard -I ../Common/ -I .. -I . -I ../Include/X64/  -MD -fshort-wchar -fno-strict-aliasing -Wall -Werror -Wno-deprecated-declarations -Wno-self-assign -Wno-unused-result -nostdlib -g -O2  BinderFuncs.c -o BinderFuncs.o
gcc  -c  -I .. -I ../Include/Common -I ../Include/ -I ../Include/IndustryStandard -I ../Common/ -I .. -I . -I ../Include/X64/  -MD -fshort-wchar -fno-strict-aliasing -Wall -Werror -Wno-deprecated-declarations -Wno-self-assign -Wno-unused-result -nostdlib -g -O2  CommonLib.c -o CommonLib.o
gcc  -c  -I .. -I ../Include/Common -I ../Include/ -I ../Include/IndustryStandard -I ../Common/ -I .. -I . -I ../Include/X64/  -MD -fshort-wchar -fno-strict-aliasing -Wall -Werror -Wno-deprecated-declarations -Wno-self-assign -Wno-unused-result -nostdlib -g -O2  Crc32.c -o Crc32.o
gcc  -c  -I .. -I ../Include/Common -I ../Include/ -I ../Include/IndustryStandard -I ../Common/ -I .. -I . -I ../Include/X64/  -MD -fshort-wchar -fno-strict-aliasing -Wall -Werror -Wno-deprecated-declarations -Wno-self-assign -Wno-unused-result -nostdlib -g -O2  Decompress.c -o Decompress.o
gcc  -c  -I .. -I ../Include/Common -I ../Include/ -I ../Include/IndustryStandard -I ../Common/ -I .. -I . -I ../Include/X64/  -MD -fshort-wchar -fno-strict-aliasing -Wall -Werror -Wno-deprecated-declarations -Wno-self-assign -Wno-unused-result -nostdlib -g -O2  EfiCompress.c -o EfiCompress.o
gcc  -c  -I .. -I ../Include/Common -I ../Include/ -I ../Include/IndustryStandard -I ../Common/ -I .. -I . -I ../Include/X64/  -MD -fshort-wchar -fno-strict-aliasing -Wall -Werror -Wno-deprecated-declarations -Wno-self-assign -Wno-unused-result -nostdlib -g -O2  EfiUtilityMsgs.c -o EfiUtilityMsgs.o
gcc  -c  -I .. -I ../Include/Common -I ../Include/ -I ../Include/IndustryStandard -I ../Common/ -I .. -I . -I ../Include/X64/  -MD -fshort-wchar -fno-strict-aliasing -Wall -Werror -Wno-deprecated-declarations -Wno-self-assign -Wno-unused-result -nostdlib -g -O2  FirmwareVolumeBuffer.c -o FirmwareVolumeBuffer.o
gcc  -c  -I .. -I ../Include/Common -I ../Include/ -I ../Include/IndustryStandard -I ../Common/ -I .. -I . -I ../Include/X64/  -MD -fshort-wchar -fno-strict-aliasing -Wall -Werror -Wno-deprecated-declarations -Wno-self-assign -Wno-unused-result -nostdlib -g -O2  FvLib.c -o FvLib.o
gcc  -c  -I .. -I ../Include/Common -I ../Include/ -I ../Include/IndustryStandard -I ../Common/ -I .. -I . -I ../Include/X64/  -MD -fshort-wchar -fno-strict-aliasing -Wall -Werror -Wno-deprecated-declarations -Wno-self-assign -Wno-unused-result -nostdlib -g -O2  MemoryFile.c -o MemoryFile.o
gcc  -c  -I .. -I ../Include/Common -I ../Include/ -I ../Include/IndustryStandard -I ../Common/ -I .. -I . -I ../Include/X64/  -MD -fshort-wchar -fno-strict-aliasing -Wall -Werror -Wno-deprecated-declarations -Wno-self-assign -Wno-unused-result -nostdlib -g -O2  MyAlloc.c -o MyAlloc.o
gcc  -c  -I .. -I ../Include/Common -I ../Include/ -I ../Include/IndustryStandard -I ../Common/ -I .. -I . -I ../Include/X64/  -MD -fshort-wchar -fno-strict-aliasing -Wall -Werror -Wno-deprecated-declarations -Wno-self-assign -Wno-unused-result -nostdlib -g -O2  OsPath.c -o OsPath.o
gcc  -c  -I .. -I ../Include/Common -I ../Include/ -I ../Include/IndustryStandard -I ../Common/ -I .. -I . -I ../Include/X64/  -MD -fshort-wchar -fno-strict-aliasing -Wall -Werror -Wno-deprecated-declarations -Wno-self-assign -Wno-unused-result -nostdlib -g -O2  ParseGuidedSectionTools.c -o ParseGuidedSectionTools.o
gcc  -c  -I .. -I ../Include/Common -I ../Include/ -I ../Include/IndustryStandard -I ../Common/ -I .. -I . -I ../Include/X64/  -MD -fshort-wchar -fno-strict-aliasing -Wall -Werror -Wno-deprecated-declarations -Wno-self-assign -Wno-unused-result -nostdlib -g -O2  ParseInf.c -o ParseInf.o
gcc  -c  -I .. -I ../Include/Common -I ../Include/ -I ../Include/IndustryStandard -I ../Common/ -I .. -I . -I ../Include/X64/  -MD -fshort-wchar -fno-strict-aliasing -Wall -Werror -Wno-deprecated-declarations -Wno-self-assign -Wno-unused-result -nostdlib -g -O2  PeCoffLoaderEx.c -o PeCoffLoaderEx.o
gcc  -c  -I .. -I ../Include/Common -I ../Include/ -I ../Include/IndustryStandard -I ../Common/ -I .. -I . -I ../Include/X64/  -MD -fshort-wchar -fno-strict-aliasing -Wall -Werror -Wno-deprecated-declarations -Wno-self-assign -Wno-unused-result -nostdlib -g -O2  SimpleFileParsing.c -o SimpleFileParsing.o
gcc  -c  -I .. -I ../Include/Common -I ../Include/ -I ../Include/IndustryStandard -I ../Common/ -I .. -I . -I ../Include/X64/  -MD -fshort-wchar -fno-strict-aliasing -Wall -Werror -Wno-deprecated-declarations -Wno-self-assign -Wno-unused-result -nostdlib -g -O2  StringFuncs.c -o StringFuncs.o
gcc  -c  -I .. -I ../Include/Common -I ../Include/ -I ../Include/IndustryStandard -I ../Common/ -I .. -I . -I ../Include/X64/  -MD -fshort-wchar -fno-strict-aliasing -Wall -Werror -Wno-deprecated-declarations -Wno-self-assign -Wno-unused-result -nostdlib -g -O2  TianoCompress.c -o TianoCompress.o
gcc  -c  -I .. -I ../Include/Common -I ../Include/ -I ../Include/IndustryStandard -I ../Common/ -I .. -I . -I ../Include/X64/  -MD -fshort-wchar -fno-strict-aliasing -Wall -Werror -Wno-deprecated-declarations -Wno-self-assign -Wno-unused-result -nostdlib -g -O2  PcdValueCommon.c -o PcdValueCommon.o
ar crs ../libs/libCommon.a BasePeCoff.o BinderFuncs.o CommonLib.o Crc32.o Decompress.o EfiCompress.o EfiUtilityMsgs.o FirmwareVolumeBuffer.o FvLib.o MemoryFile.o MyAlloc.o OsPath.o ParseGuidedSectionTools.o ParseInf.o PeCoffLoaderEx.o SimpleFileParsing.o StringFuncs.o TianoCompress.o PcdValueCommon.o
mkdir ./bin
#include <stdio.h>
         ^~~~~~~~~
1 error generated.

P.S. I have not downloaded or using any Xcode.app in /Applications/

P.S. All those tools and compilers downloaded, any idea where they are stored? Just to see the space taken, that's all. Thanks!

Edited by MacKonsti

26 minutes ago, Jief_Machak said:

@everyone : I've reworked the version number problem. Before I commit (I'd like to avoid to commit big mistake ;)), could test this efi file CloverX64-2020-11-11-12-57-35-0bbc1e3-dirty-jief.zip

NOTE : because you are (all) so impatient (:P), you probably have all your kexts in "Other" folder, for the 11.0.1 version. What I'd like you to test is that you can put back your kexts in folder "11", or "11.0" or "11.0.1" (your choice). I also like to know if I haven't introduced a regression for older macOS.

for all folder created, you also can create one with "_install", "_normal", "_recovery" to match the OS type.

@Jief_Machak works fine with 11 folder only. (BS 11.0.1 RC2) :thumbsup_anim:

debug_Jief_11-11-20.log

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, MacKonsti said:

you meant git clean f -f -d -x right?

Oups. Yes.

9 minutes ago, MacKonsti said:

Then ran ./buildme XCODE8
Selected option 7 to build all on purpose.

Unfortunately, it works as intended my computer. I don't know if it's a macOs version, XCode version or a setup problem.

I can only debug that if you share your screen. With teamviewer, for example.

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Jief_Machak said:

hack Z370 :thumbsup_anim:

no files in the other folder
every macOS with its kexts
folder bigsur named 11
everything OK high sierra, mojave, catalina, BS start correctly without any problem detected... except with high sierra, after starting it, on the return to the GUI of Clover, usual problem, bigsur preboot (BF) with high sierra icon, I had backed up the systemversion.plist, restored and everything was back in place.

For me this is inexplicable... maybe it depends on the theme I use, since it's the same everywhere, I'll sooner or later have to give it a try by changing it

Spoiler

screenshot4.thumb.png.85ef0754af7209a196ea8713779339db.pngscreenshot5.thumb.png.4918a057f4b427fb4d2117da52d5e794.png

1832262400_Schermata2020-11-11alle11_41_24.thumb.png.d98e6b92c7f74f69bd3d3da5fd214b3d.png

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, iCanaro said:

on the theme I use

I can't imagine a theme being responsible for modifying a preboot partition. I never check, actually, but I think APFS EFI driver is readonly (not sure).

I'd say that HS is mistakenly updating the BS preboot partition.

All you disk UUID and APFS container UUID are different ? (you can see them in debug.log).

Are you the only one to have that, so far ?

6 minutes ago, Jief_Machak said:

I can't imagine a theme being responsible for modifying a preboot partition. I never check, actually, but I think APFS EFI driver is readonly (not sure).

I'd say that HS is mistakenly updating the BS preboot partition.

All you disk UUID and APFS container UUID are different ? (you can see them in debug.log).

Are you the only one to have that, so far ?

name Preboot bigsur --> 4EA0011C-1C8B-476D-BD5D-1AE8F7648F64

debug.log

Just now, iCanaro said:

high sierra and mojave are installed in HFS+ (and this in all the hacks) 

@Jief_Machak you say that could be the cause?

I wouldn't be surprised. If I remember well, Apple didn't support that. I could easily imagine a piece of software trying to update preboot : first thing is to get APFS container UUID. There isn't. But because it's not an expected state, so it's not tested. Result is that it's probably using the last container it found, because it's the last one it iterated over.

Most of programmers programs for when everything is in an expected state, and don't check first it's the case or not. I really wouldn't be surprised at all...