Clover General discussion

ErmaC
30,059 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, chris1111 said:

I see the picture you need wait . . . .  after 3 IOKIT stall (60s) Maybe System boot after 3 60 sec

let me know?

hello
yes, its boots after IOKIT timeout, but that problem persists... one boot okay and next one again with these errors...
what do you advise me to try?

7 minutes ago, MICKHAEL said:

hello
yes, its boots after IOKIT timeout, but that problem persists... one boot okay and next one again with these errors...
what do you advise me to try?

Do you have SSDT.aml PowerManagement?

11 hours ago, chris1111 said:

This is the solution for all macOS because you can not backup on ROOT for Big Sur and its better because your not need the Read/Write disk for all macOS's

you can use the Package with a read-only disk now

EDIT ***

The portion of the Backup script was created in 5 min of course which can be improved but it is a quick and functional solution for the moment

Thanks for this improvement, it's great :) I understand this solution is because backup on root for Big Sur is impossible (R/W permission). But Clover Backup's can be stored in /Documents instead of /Desktop. For the moment, all the limitations of the number of backups are invalidated. It would be nice to turn them back on, if that's possible. What do you think, Bro !

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, iCanaro said:

it seems to me more fruit of the case that you work without having done anything

you must integrate the entire new Quirks section into the config.plist and configure it for your hardware; then change memory manager and use openruntime and update all kexts

and often, not everything works right away, it takes time and patience to fix

I should have given more background. I have both OpenCore (0.6.3) and Clover (5126) working on my AMD FX hackintosh. So I am aware of the Quirks section in the Clover config.plist.

On the HP laptop I also have a working OpenCore setup and Clover 5122. For the update to Clover 5126, I did adjust the Quirks section of the Clover config.plist and used the same settings that are working in my Opencore setup. All kexts are updated.

Will check again on memory manager tonight --> I assume you mean I should delete the Aptioxxx fixes?

Any other hints are welcome. I still like Clover bootloader, but it's getting hard to configure without good instructions. 

22 hours ago, MICKHAEL said:

Hi @Slice, advised me to report to you
is something about power management

attaching 2 debug.log and screen
1. debug_OK.log

2. debug_NK.log (here I got tx_flush errors)

booting my second pc from signature with Big Sur 20B5022a 

Reveal hidden contents

0CGlBoXfBoyxkJr786fTbwDzDHLu-Qi-gSXvXyFN

debug_NK.log

debug_OK.log

Please let me know if you found out what is causing this. 

My Notebook 2 also having this X86PlatfromPlugin stall, and only booting after trying again. It's clearly some misconfiguration in config.plist, but I don't have that notebook recently so I can't debug it out now.

Also I do have tx_flush msgs always, so I think that's completely normal and not related to our stall.

Edited by kushwavez
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, AntarcticP said:

Will check again on memory manager tonight --> I assume you mean I should delete the Aptioxxx fixes?

if you use OpenCore you start very much ahead. you have to fix the quirks section of Clover identically as you are using on OC, then no aptio, only OpenRuntime.
In my hacks starting from Z68 I only use 3 .efi, OpenRuntime, VboxHFS and APFS drivers; and everything seems to work as it owes exactly the same as OC

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ellaosx said:

VboxHFS is better than HFSPlus or just because the former is opensource?

testing Clover beta on different platforms, I only use drivers provided in the package, so HFSPlus no and VboxHFS yes. 

16 hours ago, iCanaro said:

in my opinion it's much better to back up on the desktop than in root
maybe you could opt into the user root

Thought! :worried_anim:

As Clover.app already set-up a back-up folder onto Desktop, wouldn't be safer having the same one used by all instances in Clover build?

why setting another directory for same files?

and btw, all previous back-ups from EFI-BACKUP, would be ominous for current release..

5 hours ago, Matgen84 said:

Thanks for this improvement, it's great :) I understand this solution is because backup on root for Big Sur is impossible (R/W permission). But Clover Backup's can be stored in /Documents instead of /Desktop. For the moment, all the limitations of the number of backups are invalidated. It would be nice to turn them back on, if that's possible. What do you think, Bro !

Regarding the backup directory, I prefer the desktop because I don't want anything to happen in my documents. For the revision number, I don't mind as I am looking at the Clover Log.txt

25 minutes ago, chris1111 said:

Regarding the backup directory, I prefer the desktop because I don't want anything to happen in my documents. For the revision number, I don't mind as I am looking at the Clover Log.txt

I was not talking about the revision number, but the number of backups in Clover Backups folder. Until now, there was a limitation on the number of backups. It no longer exists.

For the storage path of backups: Desktop or documents, it depends on the needs or habits of the users. I prefer user root if is it possible :hysterical:

Edited by Matgen84
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Matgen84 said:

I have the same idea as you.
Because it is reserved at the desktop, it looks very messy.
Should be backed up to the document.:)

I have to say that this discussion of where it backs up the EFI the Installer of Clover, I am very passionate about very little.... for a long time I do not install but I recover the iso and I take by hand the files I want to use. It has to be said that I am very happy that it installs properly on Big Sur, so we will see far fewer people complaining on forums. :D

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

23 minutes ago, naiclub said:

I have the same idea as you.
Because it is reserved at the desktop, it looks very messy.
Should be backed up to the document.:)

Or user root :) as I answer to Chris1111

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

latest version clover 5126 ( commit 0bbc1e343) ok on Z97

CloverConfigPlistValidator0.7 result

fabio@iMac-di-Fabio ~ % /Users/fabio/Desktop/CloverConfigPlistValidator0.7 /Users/fabio/Desktop/CLOVER/config.plist 

Warning: Unknown key '/ACPI/DSDT/DropOEM_DSM:13'. Skipped.

Warning: Unknown key '/GUI/Custom/Entries[0]/Ignore:420'. Skipped.

Warning: Unknown key '/GUI/Custom/Entries[1]/Ignore:436'. Skipped.

Warning: Unknown key '/GUI/Custom/Entries[2]/Ignore:450'. Skipped.

Warning: Unknown key '/GUI/Mouse/DoubleClick:478'. Skipped.

Warning: Unknown key '/KernelAndKextPatches/KernelCpu:559'. Skipped.

Warning: Unknown key '/Quirks/DisableRtcChecksum:627'. Skipped.

How do I resolve these warnings

thanks

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Alpha22 said:

Warning: Unknown key '/GUI/Custom/Entries[0]/Ignore:420'. Skipped.

Warning: Unknown key '/GUI/Custom/Entries[1]/Ignore:436'. Skipped.

Warning: Unknown key '/GUI/Custom/Entries[2]/Ignore:450'. Skipped.

you can ignore these alerts or delete the custom entries that you have in the gui

3 minutes ago, Alpha22 said:

Warning: Unknown key '/ACPI/DSDT/DropOEM_DSM:13'. Skipped.

if it reports it to you, I guess it's disabled, so you can delete it or ignore it

4 minutes ago, Alpha22 said:

Warning: Unknown key '/GUI/Mouse/DoubleClick:478'. Skipped.

Warning: Unknown key '/KernelAndKextPatches/KernelCpu:559'. Skipped.

Warning: Unknown key '/Quirks/DisableRtcChecksum:627'. Skipped.

with a plist editor you identify the voices and comments by putting the pound sign # in front of him

• Like 4