Clover General discussion

ErmaC
30,059 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, chris1111 said:

@Slice Got it

Exclude newyear theme

EDIT ** Testing and works

1008130956_Capturedcranle2020-11-0817_01_37.thumb.png.8193d129b431db4a51a06bf508b04421.png

Also the default selection for OpenRuntime works :wink_anim:

attaching dmg of Clover r5126 package

Clover r5126.dmg.zip

Could you do an installation example? What to do Where are the folders
Thank you

2 hours ago, naiclub said:

Could you do an installation example? What to do Where are the folders
Thank you

Hi @naiclub The folder doesn't change: CloverPKG is like before. Now with latest commit, you can update Clover from Big Sur. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, mifjpn said:

Hello @ellaosx.

There was a bug on the Intel side that a valid NVRAM could not be specified in the Intel 300 series of chipsets a while ago. After that, it turned out to be a problem on the Intel side, and SSDT-PMC was created.

At that time, I could not turn off the power without using EmuVariableUefi.efi before solving the problem. It may be better to have an option that can be avoided.

Thank you.

I thought OpenRuntime.efi solved this but i guess not.

Thanks for the info

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jief_Machak said:

@everyone : if you want to compile the latest commit, you have to recompile the basetools. Otherwise, you'll get a segmentation fault.

"source edksetup.sh" and "Make -C BaseTools", I think should work...

Thanks :) No problem to build lastest commit. User can also select BuildMe script option for Basetools before build Clover (after update of course).

@Jief_Machak @Slice Since commit 1148542 (Buildpkg and other files): the Clover EFI Backups is created on desktop instead of root (as before) even on Mojave (screenshot). I think the same thing happen on all macOS version. Is there a solution. Please.

Spoiler

492851650_Capturedcran2020-11-0917_42_49.png.483701979b2723cd8e442ee93a48a7e2.png

Edited by Matgen84

1 hour ago, Jief_Machak said:

@everyone : if you want to compile the latest commit, you have to recompile the basetools. Otherwise, you'll get a segmentation fault.

"source edksetup.sh" and "Make -C BaseTools", I think should work...

I did this and this works.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Matgen84 said:

the Clover EFI Backups is created on desktop instead of root (as before) even on Mojave (screenshot). I think the same thing happen on all macOS version. Is there a solution. Please.

in my opinion it's much better to back up on the desktop than in root
maybe you could opt into the user root

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Matgen84 said:

Since commit 1148542 (Buildpkg and other files): the Clover EFI Backups is created on desktop instead of root (as before) even on Mojave (screenshot). I think the same thing happen on all macOS version. Is there a solution. Please.

Reveal hidden contents

492851650_Capturedcran2020-11-0917_42_49.png.483701979b2723cd8e442ee93a48a7e2.png

This is the solution for all macOS because you can not backup on ROOT for Big Sur and its better because your not need the Read/Write disk for all macOS's

you can use the Package with a read-only disk now

EDIT ***

The portion of the Backup script was created in 5 min of course which can be improved but it is a quick and functional solution for the moment

Edited by chris1111
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, iCanaro said:

:thumbsup_anim: with clover's last commit, I tried installer on BS and it managed perfectly smoothly.

Spoiler

929608389_Schermata2020-11-09alle19_24_20.png.65bda1b14468c99fbadbbd613604b209.png

Thanks for confirmation :D

Edited by chris1111
  • Like 2

Hi

Update to Clover 5126 went smoothly on my AMD desktop (FX 8350).

The update from 5122 to 5125 or 5126 on my HP Envy laptop (i7-4700MQ, Graphics HD4600) and latest Catalina version is not working.

I get to the OS select screen, but after selecting MacOS nothing happens. The laptop just hangs at the OS selection screen.

If I choose Windows, that just works, so Clover seems to do something.

Any idea?

Thanks!

42 minutes ago, AntarcticP said:

Update to Clover 5126 went smoothly on my AMD desktop (FX 8350).

it seems to me more fruit of the case that you work without having done anything

42 minutes ago, AntarcticP said:

The update from 5122 to 5125 or 5126 on my HP Envy laptop (i7-4700MQ, Graphics HD4600) and latest Catalina version is not working.

I get to the OS select screen, but after selecting MacOS nothing happens. The laptop just hangs at the OS selection screen.

If I choose Windows, that just works, so Clover seems to do something

you must integrate the entire new Quirks section into the config.plist and configure it for your hardware; then change memory manager and use openruntime and update all kexts

and often, not everything works right away, it takes time and patience to fix