Clover General discussion

ErmaC
30,059 posts in this topic

@mifjpn Yeah I know. I'm still using USBInjectAll since Sierra tho.:hysterical: Making my USB 3.0 ports working was a bit complicated for my Acer, and after a lot of thinkerings and modifications for the SSDT-UIAC I finally...thank god, managed to get it working... I never touched it again since then, it's okay on Big Sur too. :D I hope it'll never gonna break again. :yes:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, SavageAUS said:

USBPorts is working for me or else sleep wouldn’t work and it does. I can now boot back into BigSur after removing all but Lilu Weg and VSMC from Other and removing those 3 from numbered folders but I still cannot update and booting is slow.

I have all my hard drives in devices and built in so they don’t appear as external. 

Still cannot update (smc is not supported on this platform) tried vsmcgen=1 with no luck. Boot is also stalling with BYS3. I’ll try rolling back to 5125 soon and see what happens. 

@Slice @Jief_Machak verry proud and happy to announce that the Clover package is correct for macOS Big Sur 11 and works on all other macOS versions.
There are no more Clover files installed on the Root disk, everything done in / Private / tmp
No need for the java script package for the read / write disk anymore, I will remove it from the Distribution
UEFI and ESP Legacy mode is fully functional, Backup Clover is done on the desktop. I give you the files that I have to modify to be done.

File on Github ➤ Fix Package Clover any macOS

Edited by chris1111
Ad a Github link
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 8

11 hours ago, SavageAUS said:

Still cannot update (smc is not supported on this platform) tried vsmcgen=1 with no luck. Boot is also stalling with BYS3. I’ll try rolling back to 5125 soon and see what happens. 

Still no luck even with going back to 5125. Going to test RC installer. Previously with the BYS3 stall I could reset nvram and it would be ok but not now. Nothing in my config has changed. Don’t know where I’ve gone wrong. 
Ok I have figured out the BYS3 stall is to do with AirportBrcmFixup so I’ll have to do some more test. 

Edited by SavageAUS
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, chris1111 said:

@Slice @Jief_Machak verry proud and happy to announce that the Clover package is correct for macOS Big Sur 11 and works on all other macOS versions.
There are no more Clover files installed on the Root disk, everything done in / Private / tmp
No need for the java script package for the read / write disk anymore, I will remove it from the Distribution
UEFI and ESP Legacy mode is fully functional, Backup Clover is done on the desktop. I give you the files that I have to modify to be done.

File on Github ➤ Fix Package Clover any macOS

Fix Package Clover any macOS.zip

Thanks Chris! I committed your package as is.

One note during compilation

[BUILD] christmas
rsync: link_stat "/Users/sergey/src/CloverBootloader/CloverPackage/CloverV2/themespkg//newyear/." failed: No such file or directory (2)
rsync error: some files could not be transferred (code 23) at /BuildRoot/Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs/Sources/rsync/rsync-52.200.2/rsync/main.c(996) [sender=2.6.9]
	[BUILD] newyear

And one thing I want to ask. Can you make OpenRuntime.efi will be chosen by default?

• Like 2

Hi @Slice @chris1111

I build latest commit with new package folder: all works well on Mojave (I try on Big Sur later). One thing: the EFI-Backups folder is copied on the desktop instead of Volumes/Mojave HD/EFI-Backups. Maybe I mistaken somewhere.

Edited by Matgen84
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, mifjpn said:

I was asked for a password when I deleted the folder.
That folder.
Me too.

Hi @mifjpn Me too when I delete /Volumes/Mojave HD/EFI_Backups/XX (XX I a name example). The user password is asked because it is a security for the system. I think.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, mifjpn said:

Hello, naiclub.
I have something like this on my desktop.

1075692853_2020-11-0817_55_16.thumb.png.2a3474f5e9418378728ce67aefe6623e.png

Dear friend, let's help make an example, install it in bigsur. Thoroughly or not
Because the old one cannot install bigsur packet

• Like 1

Dear sirs,

I want to ask you to test this version moving to 5127.

Attention to boot stability on different hardware and on different OSes.

The changes are not committed yet so just take this file and replace in your EFI folder.

CLOVERX64.efi-test1.zip

The issue under attention is random panics.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, D-an-W said:

Do you want logs @Slice or just report if boots ok?

Do you want logs @Slice or just report if boots ok?

@Jief_Machak when installing Big Sur yesterday I came across this message from BootLoaderChooser (I think):

61054215_Screenshot2020-11-08at10_27_32.thumb.png.3592759b6d8df2c9dc0cbbf52d7b483c.png

Is that an expected feature as it did seem to work ok?

Yes, when you quit Clover to come back to BootloaderChooser, you can't restart Clover without reboot. That's because Clover doesn't uninstall (yet) all the protocols installed when quitting.

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Slice said:

CLOVERX64.efi-test1.zip

The issue under attention is random panics.

Finally got it working after dozens of reboots. Always had a kernel panic after selecting catalina "halt CR2" with "no memory mapping for frame pointer", resolution was to set RebuildAppleMemoryMap to false and EnableWriteUnprotector to true.

No long time test so far...BUT:

Big thanks to Jief Machak & Slice and everybody who spent a lot of time and nerves on this!!!

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Slice said:

Thanks Chris! I committed your package as is.

One note during compilation

[BUILD] christmas
rsync: link_stat "/Users/sergey/src/CloverBootloader/CloverPackage/CloverV2/themespkg//newyear/." failed: No such file or directory (2)
rsync error: some files could not be transferred (code 23) at /BuildRoot/Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs/Sources/rsync/rsync-52.200.2/rsync/main.c(996) [sender=2.6.9]
	[BUILD] newyear

And one thing I want to ask. Can you make OpenRuntime.efi will be chosen by default?

Thank you :D

Ok try this  Openruntime default select

for the newyear themes you need to add on themespkg don't know why this is I have done on my src

Maybe because Christmas and Santa coming soon :hysterical:

Capture d’écran, le 2020-11-08 à 08.25.28.png

Edited by chris1111
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2