Clover General discussion

ErmaC
30,059 posts in this topic

My Lenovo laptop Core i5-8265U and Clover r5123.1 fails to boot after the update, I've been battling for an hour but to no avail.

Updater rebooted to "Preboot" OK, finished the OS update, but the next reboot that's supposed to be normal, gets stuck after showing the continuous list of [IGPU] boot lines :(

My CAPS-LOCK key light can be on/off meaning there's something stuck in the boot process, computer doesn't seem frozen... I have no idea if it's an injected kext causing this.

Anyone having similar symptoms?

Il y a 7 heures, PG7 a déclaré:

Lenovo ThinkCentre M93 
intel i5-4460S 
intel HD4600 + Nvidia GTX760
28Go RAM
SSD

Bootloader Clover r5126

* l'erreur se produit également avec OpenCore

@ Jief_Machak @Tranche @iCanaro ......

Bonjour,
j'ai un problème d'installation avec ce PC!
Juste dans Catalina j'arrive à installer toutes les versions
de MacOS à partir d'un SSD ou d'un HDD avec BigSur 11.0.1 Je démarre sans souci sur le système
pour l'installation ou même une mise à jour de Catalina j'ai toujours une erreur ...
je ne sais pas où l'erreur est j'ai déjà regardé sur le bios et testé avec plusieurs combinaisons mais l'erreur est la même tout le temps, donc je pense que cela doit avoir une sécurité de plus mais je ne trouve pas la solution

merci à ceux qui auront une réponse voire la solution

Google Traduction! 

J'ai installé le BigSur beta 11.0.1 RC sur le SSD sur un autre PC. Ici, tout fonctionne bien, mais il se passe quelque chose avec Haswell «pas du tout», je ne peux pas l'installer sur certains !!!

impressions de lui travaillant déjà sans problèmes!

Je ne peux tout simplement pas obtenir l'installation pour cela Ni Clover ni OpenCore !!!

Google Traduction ! 

Divulgacher

collage.thumb.png.a0dddab8270a56a3032267919ae0a35e.png519885337_Capturedecran2020-11-06a22_27_53.thumb.png.e85ba27f2db289f16566701510cf8021.png

Edited by PG7
  • Sad 1

during update r5122 to r5126, (https://github.com/CloverHackyColor/CloverBootloader/commit/aee426fa30103cc1ab7a8a7ae4434721eb1a9960) sounds is alright (outputs /inputs CM including HMDI)

all version after sounds may be broken for all outputs/inputs sounds on CM(SPDIF,..) and HDMI too. (no sound for the test during boot before black screen ) 

This is unexpected if anyone encounters this case, report it. Clover.log seems ok, only system.log may notice with kernel error.

(it is not the order to load kext.)

by he way this report  may be link with this ( no audioDxe.efi in my EFI), but  no 'pop' during boot

https://github.com/CloverHackyColor/CloverBootloader/issues/187

Edited by maclinuxG4

5 hours ago, iCanaro said:

Updated with Clover my X570 T-RyZo :thumbsup_anim:
LILU - WEG - VirtualSMC --> in other folder ;) 
used config with enabled only kerneltopatch for bigsur ;) 

360965320_Schermata2020-11-07alle01_34_10.thumb.png.c7ed07f340f5e895614074ebdcc2fa85.png

I’m going to try update my AMD rig later and will post results. For my laptop I had to put kexts in Other so I’m assuming I’ll need to do the same for AMD.

Any new kernel patches?

Also can you share your config for Catalina/ Big Sur. 

Edited by SavageAUS

3 hours ago, SavageAUS said:

I’m going to try update my AMD rig later and will post results. For my laptop I had to put kexts in Other so I’m assuming I’ll need to do the same for AMD.

Any new kernel patches?

Also can you share your config for Catalina/ Big Sur. 

there are no new patches, you just need to have the care to place LILU, WEG and FakeSMC/VirtualSMC in the OTHER folder and use only kerneltopatch for bigsur. (All, 10.15 and 11)
As long as the bug remains so on the first restart Clover loses the getOS, better to use these precautions, otherwise you plant everything

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, maclinuxG4 said:

plz in devices -> property, anyone oculd confirm not troubleshoot with directive ?

i think on plateform id for instance.

@maclinuxG4 Sorry, I don't understand well what you mean because of my poor English. Are you talking about "matchOS" or something like that ! Because this feature do not exist, I think: I had a look to config.sample.plist. Nothing like that. Maybe I mistake.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

9 minutes ago, Matgen84 said:

@maclinuxG4 Sorry, I don't understand well what you mean because of my poor English. Are you talking about "matchOS" or something like that ! Because this feature do not exist, I think: I had a look to config.sample.plist. Nothing like that. Maybe I mistake.

i set for instance value for parameter plateform id. 

may be you doesn't use in clover to set data with in section devices -> properties

Edited by maclinuxG4
  • Confused 1

Using the attached EFI on my AMD machine i now get a KP when booting Big Sur beta 10 or an instant reboot if i try update to 11.0.1. Catalina still boots fine.

Using clover 5126.
Should i try rolling back clover version or do i have an issue with config?

EFI.zip

34 minutes ago, SavageAUS said:

Using the attached EFI on my AMD machine i now get a KP when booting Big Sur beta 10 or an instant reboot if i try update to 11.0.1. Catalina still boots fine.

Using clover 5126.

EFI.zip

I see your EFi and you have to read what I have said here and in other forum (also in GitHub issue)

try to put on yes (Disabled) all patches not useful forBS and Catalina OS X and your system will boot fine again (if you have a correct System Information . plist in your preboot partition..

1757105966_ScreenShot2020-11-07at12_54_20PM.png.a38d6374e5bad7299d51a1fe3397c22f.png

below instead is what happens when clover fails to understand which OS X is in use and it applies all kernel patches it finds in config.plist (also high Sierra or Mojave ones. and this, for AMD users..is not good):

97707069-04650a00-1ab7-11eb-81be-50f0aad226c0.thumb.png.1c0e06f106321af1a7ad9ed187b52121.png

patches I use in Catalina and Big Sur installation from scratch (if you need FIX PAT Kernel Patch you have to add it on your own..because in trx40 we do not need of it)

Catalina_BS_patches.plist.zip

Edited by Guest
typo

41 minutes ago, SavageAUS said:

Using clover 5126.

EFI.zip

USBPorts on AMD is no use
you're using LILU WEG and VirtualSMC in other, 10.15 and 11
That's not good
in device properties you have all the PCI in bult-in, frankly I miss the reason, in case it serves provides innie.kext

in my opinion it's better that related your configuration

Hi @Jief_Machak I was lucky to be able to boot on my other hack (Intel NUC) with r5126 Clover and Quirks by cross-checking the ones generated for Coffee Lake by the application OC-Gen-X.app

Your Clover validator 0.7 though reports this key as wrong but it seems to exist in Clover r5126:

$ ./CloverConfigPlistValidator07 config.plist 
Warning: Unknown key '/Quirks/DisableRtcChecksum:558'. Skipped.

Can you please confirm? Inside the Clover binary I see traces of DisableRtcChecksum in a couple of places (they seem like debug output)

OCAK: Failed to apply patch com.apple.driver.AppleRTC DisableRtcChecksum - %r
OCAK: Patch success com.apple.driver.AppleRTC DisableRtcChecksum

Thank you.

UPDATE: @Slice I see that the option DisableRtcChecksum does not appear in the Quirks UI of Clover screen, is this expected?

Edited by MacKonsti
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, maclinuxG4 said:

anyone have made a complet install on usb key ? on high sierra, the usb key appears as recovery partition.

thanks to confirm on last commit.

@mifjpn he is talking about USB installers. 

Clover v5126 git release, All USB installers and installed systems are fine from El Capitan to Big Sur 11.0.1 on my 3 systems (in my signature)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

@@Jief_Machak 

Make it the same as, OC? Let's say it's time to update. When you reach the update page, you will see a pre-boot drive like this. After completing the full update or installation process Let clover go back and select the primary drive instead of pre-boot, just like OC.

This is a suggestion.:rolleyes:

2 hours ago, iCanaro said:

USBPorts on AMD is no use
you're using LILU WEG and VirtualSMC in other, 10.15 and 11
That's not good
in device properties you have all the PCI in bult-in, frankly I miss the reason, in case it serves provides innie.kext

in my opinion it's better that related your configuration

USBPorts is working for me or else sleep wouldn’t work and it does. I can now boot back into BigSur after removing all but Lilu Weg and VSMC from Other and removing those 3 from numbered folders but I still cannot update and booting is slow.

I have all my hard drives in devices and built in so they don’t appear as external. 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, mifjpn said:

I think that many people are using USBport.kext and USBmap.kext now.

obvious that if one is unable to map USB ports based on their ACPI, hackintool and USBPorts is an easy and within everyone's reach... it's not the same thing but as plan B it's passable.

• Thanks 3