Clover General discussion

ErmaC
30,059 posts in this topic

Hello to clover DEV @Slice @Jief_Machak @vector sigma I would like to give you some advice that I am testing for the use of the package on macOS Big Sur 11
It is quite easy to make it functional by changing the directory or creating the Symlink EFIROOTDIR which allows you to mount the EFI partition
For macOS big 11 it cannot be created on the Root you must adapt the EFIFOLDER, PRE and POST sript which is in Scripts.templates so that it is done in the /Private/tmp directory which is usable; the clover LOG must also be created in the accessible directory. You can also use another accessible directory but /Private/tmp works well I use it for many programs. This will also work on other macOS without any problem.

Thank your for your work and effort B)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Denisuu said:

My chip is Conexant Audio CX8150 so it should be 21 or 22 according to the AppleALC Wiki: https://github.com/acidanthera/AppleALC/wiki/Supported-codecs

I'll try to fix sleep first.

Sleep will not work until you repair sound.

Moreover sleep will work just after all devices will be maintained.

I may propose you to use VoodooHDA instead of AppleALC.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Slice said:

@all

How do you think will it be useful to implement injecting Device->Properties depending on macOS version?

Up for now there is no MatchOS setting.

it may be useful to be able to define device properties for specific macOS in the matchos style of kerneltopatchs
but it may also be useful to be able to define the order in which the kexts are loaded; for example I know that those for the I2C trackpad is very important... so having a kind of SortedOrder for kexts along the lines of that for SSDTs, could help many.

But all of this depends on you developers, and the issues you face to achieve the goal.

PS: Personally I have the device properties very populated and until now I have not encountered any particular problems from sierra up to BigSur, but this does not detract from the fact that being able to determine on which macOS to activate them, can only be of help and useful :) 

Edited by iCanaro
  • Like 2

Hi guys, thank for all the efforts on this bootloader.

I am still not able to use r5123+ to boot Mojave and Big Sur (tested on the latest commit https://github.com/CloverHackyColor/CloverBootloader/commit/9e7b4311cb2c552271dbc7bc6e67b50493518a72). With the same quirks settings in OpenCore, I can boot without problems, but in Clover no. A noticeable setting in OpenCore is that the `Default` `SecureBootModel` would always cause early boot problems like me. I set `SecureBootModel` to `Disabled` in OC and then I have no issues.

@Slice @Jief_MachakWould you guys mind have a look at SecureBootModel related codes in the OC integration part? If Clover uses SecureBootModel settings, please use `Disabled` as default. OpenCore default is `Default`, which is equivalent to Medium Security and causes some issues. If Clover doesn't use SecureBootModel related code at all, then I have no idea why I can't boot with r5126.

Here's my config, screenshot of boot failure, and Preboot log. Any help is appreciated.

IMG_3107.jpg

config.plist

preboot.log

20 minutes ago, stevezheng said:

I am still not able to use r5123+ to boot Mojave and Big Sur (tested on the latest commit https://github.com/CloverHackyColor/CloverBootloader/commit/9e7b4311cb2c552271dbc7bc6e67b50493518a72). With the same quirks settings in OpenCore, I can boot without problems, but in Clover no. A noticeable setting in OpenCore is that the `Default` `SecureBootModel` would always cause early boot problems like me. I set `SecureBootModel` to `Disabled` in OC and then I have no issues.

@Slice @Jief_MachakWould you guys mind have a look at SecureBootModel related codes in the OC integration part? If Clover uses SecureBootModel settings, please use `Disabled` as default. OpenCore default is `Default`, which is equivalent to Medium Security and causes some issues. If Clover doesn't use SecureBootModel related code at all, then I have no idea why I can't boot with r5126.

Here's my config, screenshot of boot failure, and Preboot log. Any help is appreciated.

config.plist

preboot.log

Hi @stevezheng Clover r5126 can boot BS on my Z390 (with the Opencore same settings). What beta are you using ? I use 11.0 folder beside other folder with kexts to update to BS 11.0.1.

In you config.plist, Preboot is hidden. Clover for BS need Preboot, so remove it from Hidden section. You have to boot from Preboot not main partition. The new clover don't need Securebootmodel to update Big Sur. 

Please complete you signature with config details. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Matgen84 said:

Hi @stevezheng Clover r5126 can boot BS on my Z390 (with the Opencore same settings). What beta are you using ? I use 11.0 folder beside other folder with kexts to update to BS 11.0.1.

In you config.plist, Preboot is hidden. Clover for BS need Preboot, so remove it from Hidden section. You have to boot from Preboot not main partition. The new clover don't need Securebootmodel to update Big Sur. 

Please complete you signature with config details. 

Thanks for the suggestion. I will remove Preboot from hidden items. However, I can not use Clover to boot Mojave and Catalina also. I got the same error as my screenshot.

• Sad 1

12 minutes ago, stevezheng said:

Thanks for the suggestion. I will remove Preboot from hidden items. However, I can not use Clover to boot Mojave and Catalina also. I got the same error as my screenshot.

Try to upload debug.log and EFI folder, maybe some user can help you :)

Please complete your signature with config details (desktop, laptop, motherboard, processor, graphics....) 

1 hour ago, Matgen84 said:

Try to upload debug.log and EFI folder, maybe some user can help you :)

Please complete your signature with config details (desktop, laptop, motherboard, processor, graphics....) 

Thanks for your help. Here are the debug.log and CLOVER folder. Any help is appreciated.

CLOVER_stevezheng.zip

debug_stevezheng.log

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, stevezheng said:

Thanks for your help. Here are the debug.log and CLOVER folder. Any help is appreciated.

CLOVER_stevezheng.zip

debug_stevezheng.log

I change some setting in your config.plist for Coffee Lake. Try to boot with minimal kexts (Lilu, VirtualSMC, Whaterevergreen). If you can, block one by one kexts and remove unnecessary kexts.

Good luck

config.plist

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Matgen84 said:

I change some setting in your config.plist for Coffee Lake. Try to boot with minimal kexts (Lilu, VirtualSMC, Whaterevergreen). If you can, block one by one kexts and remove unnecessary kexts.

Good luck

config.plist

Still no luck. I still believe it's a Clover OC_integration problem since I never had problems with same kexts from Clover r5109 to r5122. And OC with same quirks also works. I will try to dig more later. Very very appreciate your help ^^.

Edited by stevezheng
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, stevezheng said:

IMG_3107.jpg

config.plist

preboot.log

could you post your working open core EFI?

I think it will be more useful to try to solve your problem

Since v5125 Preboot is the "normal" partition for Big Sur, right? And the non-Preboot Big Sur partitions are hidden by default. But after updating to 11.0.1 the non-Preboot partition is appeared again, same on v5126. Sometimes I misclicks and selecting the non-preboot partition which is rebooting with a panic obviously.

Am I missed something, is it normal, or is it because of version (11.0, 11.0.1) mismatch?

Anyways PC, Notebook 1 are fine with Clover v5126, I have zero problems, good job team!

Edited by kushwavez

4 hours ago, kushwavez said:

Since v5125 Preboot is the "normal" partition for Big Sur, right? And the non-Preboot Big Sur partitions are hidden by default. But after updating to 11.0.1 the non-Preboot partition is appeared again, same on v5126. Sometimes I misclicks and selecting the non-preboot partition which is rebooting with a panic obviously.

Am I missed something, is it normal, or is it because of version (11.0, 11.0.1) mismatch?

Anyways PC, Notebook 1 are fine with Clover v5126, I have zero problems, good job team!

The normal named partition does not boot because "csrutil authenticated-root" is enabled. It causes this kernel panic, but if you dastivate it you will not be able to update via OTA. 

So for now, boot from the preboot until you find a fix

Edited by JorgeMax
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, JorgeMax said:

The normal named partition does not boot because "csrutl authenticated-root" is enabled. It causes this kernel panic, but if you dastivate it you will not be able to update via OTA. 

So for now, boot from the preboot until you find a fix

Yes I always boot from Preboot, but I thought normal partitions were hidden by default from v5125

• Like 1

1 hour ago, iCanaro said:

try to make a start with only lilu weg and virtualsmc to see if it's any kexts cause the problem or if you need to fine-fine-fine-dip the config

Ha Ha. No way kexts interferer with booting, they only get used after system has booted BUT You know that? 

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, STLVNUB said:

Ha Ha. No way kexts interferer with booting, they only get used after system has booted BUT You know that? 

No. Kexts CAN cause problems. For ex. an old FakePCIID for Wifi worked fine on Catalina, but not on Big Sur and caused kextd stall[60] 'PSXS' but it did not say that this is related to FakePCIID, after digging into IOReg I figured out that FakePCIID is using PSXS, after deleted it just worked. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 10/30/2020 at 4:52 PM, Slice said:

Clover has this quirk since the first version. It was developed by bcc9 in 2009 for Chameleon and used in Clover without any quirks.

But why i can boot with this quirk = enable with OpenCore??
IgnoreInvalidFlexRatio = False in OpenCore just make system hang at "End random seed / BS Exit Service), same with Clover.

IgnoreInvalidFlexRatio = True make system can boot normally,, but CLOVER doesn't. This is happened in Lenovo X250 with 4GB RAM

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, Andres ZeroCross said:

But why i can boot with this quirk = enable with OpenCore??
IgnoreInvalidFlexRatio = False in OpenCore just make system hang at "End random seed / BS Exit Service), same with Clover.

IgnoreInvalidFlexRatio = True make system can boot normally,, but CLOVER doesn't. This is happened in Lenovo X250 with 4GB RAM

I know what is Invalid Flex Ratio since 2009. Clover made this patch without any condition and prevents OpenCore to interfere.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Samsung NP350V5C-S06FR

intel i3-3110M

intel HD4000 - "Radeon HD7670M Switshable" (Disabled DSDT)

ALC 269

SSD

8Go RAM

Atheros ar9285

Clover r5126 

multiboot system !

Spoiler

772423792_collageatheros.thumb.png.4243816b303c3cb2bdf81b81837b6bc1.png1582739081_collageSamsung.thumb.png.c97b6dc1bea56d20a39460cadb5f09f7.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Hi @Slice Long time no see seen 2015 and since being the first Clover tester since 2012. I'm back to the hackintosh game. Long story short, I upgraded my Alienware m15 R1's RAM from 8Gx2 to 32Gx2, and Clover stop booting it to High Sierra 10.13.6 and Catalina 10.15.6. However, it works fine with OpenCore and Windows. I attached a panic log from Clover and am hoping it could be possibly solved. Thank you.

panic-2020-11-01-212609.txt

IMG_9574.thumb.jpg.072585e0f074cf9ef4554ea5d85c458b.jpg

Edited by shiecldk

5 hours ago, PG7 said:

Samsung NP350V5C-S06FR

intel i3-3110M

intel HD4000 - "Radeon HD7670M Switshable" (Disabled DSDT)

ALC 269

SSD

8Go RAM

Atheros ar9285

Clover r5126 

multiboot system !

Hide contents

772423792_collageatheros.thumb.png.4243816b303c3cb2bdf81b81837b6bc1.png1582739081_collageSamsung.thumb.png.c97b6dc1bea56d20a39460cadb5f09f7.png

Is there a way Atheros9285 can be used with bigsur or not?
Now it works only 10.13.6.

thanks.

2 hours ago, naiclub said:

Is there a way Atheros9285 can be used with bigsur or not?
Now it works only 10.13.6.

thanks.

Works in catalina. Have not tried in BS.

But as you can see on his pc, there is a wifi, so its working.

Edited by ellaosx