Clover General discussion

ErmaC
30,059 posts in this topic

30 minutes ago, Henry2010 said:

maybe we can rename Other to macOS and make it default?

because I think most people install only one macOS these days

4 minutes ago, PG7 said:

in my case, I use many types of pc with hackintosh all of them have at least two or more systems installed and always use only the Other file for kext I always try to use updated kext and compatible with all systems!

Reveal hidden contents

444754151_Capturedecran2020-10-29a13_43_41.png.f8687f22ce08e3a0322337e86cdf32e5.png

If I remember well, Clover detect first Other folder when it's empty, he go to short macOS version folder. Therefore, knowing this, each does what he wants. We'll see with future versions of Clover. :)

49 : It seems we responded at the same time. I'll remove those, thanks!

EDIT2:

Ok I just got them all from installing Clover again to an empty USB (clicking customize at the end). Still the same Kernel Panic.

kpanic N580VD r5125.txt

N580VD Clover r5125.7z

Kp shows that the cause is the BrcmPatchRAM3. Make sure you have the newest version all of your kexts, also make sure you use the correct ones for your Bluetooth. (BrcmPatchRAM3 and BrcmFirmwareData)

• Like 2

I agree that the name "Other" is inaccurate and misleading. But what you propose for thousands users already using this name?

I may propose to double name. Let folder "Other" exists and folder "AllOSX", for example, for the same purpose. Or how?

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, Slice said:

I agree that the name "Other" is inaccurate and misleading. But what you propose for thousands users already using this name?

I may propose to double name. Let folder "Other" exists and folder "AllOSX", for example, for the same purpose. Or how?

I agree not to suddenly remove something like that.

We can just add a folder "All" or "AllOSX" and stop saying about "Other" but still handling it.

We can also add a warning at Clover boot "Please move your kext from Other to AllOSX".

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, Jief_Machak said:

The solution of installing 11.0.1 can be just wait a day that we properly support it in Clover ?:P

Clover kext folder "Other" is not detected empty or not. "Other" just means "All".

If you have 11.0, put kext in Other and in 11, all will be injected.

11 minutes ago, Slice said:

@Slice @Jief_Machak

I could be wrong. But before, we could use the Other folder alone and the kexts were injected. This allowed installations, for example, of a macOS version before it was supported by Clover. This function was of particular interest to users. If it was activated again, that would be good. :)

For Big Sur 11.0.1, I used Other and 11.0 folders instead of just Other folder, for the kexts injection. And boot the new Beta.

12:866  0:000  UniOSVersion == 11.0.1
12:866  0:000  UniShortOSVersion == 11.0.
12:866  0:000  AddKextsInArray from Other
12:866  0:000  ->Extra kext: Other\AirportBrcmFixup.kext (v.2.1.1)
12:866  0:000      |-- PlugIn kext: Other\AirportBrcmFixup.kext\Contents\PlugIns\AirPortBrcm4360_Injector.kext (v.1.0)
12:866  0:000      |-- PlugIn kext: Other\AirportBrcmFixup.kext\Contents\PlugIns\AirPortBrcmNIC_Injector.kext (v.1.0)
12:866  0:000  ->Extra kext: Other\AppleALC.kext (v.1.5.4)
12:866  0:000  ->Extra kext: Other\CtlnaAHCIPort.kext (v.341.0.2)
12:866  0:000  ->Extra kext: Other\IntelMausi.kext (v.1.0.5)
12:866  0:000  ->Extra kext: Other\Lilu.kext (v.1.4.9)
12:866  0:000  ->Extra kext: Other\USBPorts.kext (v.1.0)
12:866  0:000  ->Extra kext: Other\VirtualSMC.kext (v.1.1.8)
12:866  0:000  ->Extra kext: Other\WhateverGreen.kext (v.1.4.4)

• Thanks 1

so in my case i'm lucky !!!
I always used only the Others folder on Clover and I don’t use any more, so I also have to start switching 
to this formula?

did a test here with the r5125 and an HP DV6 1340sf Laptop
Core2Duo P7450
Ati Radeon 4650

impressive that I can activate this video card even in Catalina with the patches surely
and the r5125 is also active and i can go to the installer with the pendrive, i will just do a test of an 
installation with kext teletrap for telemetry

Clover is reaching the right place!

just for the inject Nvidia is having problems on the Laptop DV6 2140EF with i5-M430 and 
Nvidia GeForce GT 320M that when activating with the r5122 and newer version the screen goes black then 
I will report a debug to check the error!

Thanks team
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Jief_Machak said:

If you have 11.0, put kext in Other and in 11, all will be injected.

excuse me but in my case it's not as you describe
I only finished installing bigsur 11.0.1 when I put the kexts in other (which was previously empty)
then once i finished installing with the folder of big sur name 11.0 or 11.x i didn't start
using instead the previous 11 now you start bs 11.0.1 correctly on the z68

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Matgen84 said:

@Slice @Jief_Machak

I could be wrong. But before, we could use the Other folder alone and the kexts were injected. This allowed installations, for example, of a macOS version before it was supported by Clover. This function was of particular interest to users. If it was activated again, that would be good. :)

For Big Sur 11.0.1, I used Other and 11.0 folders instead of just Other folder, for the kexts injection. And boot the new Beta.

I only used Other since Sierra, I never had any problem with that but yeah If you use for example 10.9 that would cause problems. In my opinion: 10.x or 11.x for particular versions (for example 10.15 should inject kexts only for 10.15-10.15.x), Other for unsupported versions, and AllOSX for every OS versions. 

16 minutes ago, kushwavez said:

I only used Other since Sierra, I never had any problem with that but yeah If you use for example 10.9 that would cause problems. In my opinion: 10.x or 11.x for particular versions (for example 10.15 should inject kexts only for 10.15-10.15.x), Other for unsupported versions, and AllOSX for every OS versions.

I also used Mavericks and Yosemite in the Others folder "only one I use" and it always worked with the kext injection!
22 minutes ago, kushwavez said:

Spoiler

1689267487_Capturedecran2020-10-29a16_27_50.thumb.png.86df790e4dd71fd540dad8178796696b.png

even older, Snow Leopard that I have to play with and use only the Others folder ...

Asus Z92JC-Q073H

• Like 2

Can't compile 

Geoffs-iMac ~ % /Users/STLVNUB//BobTheBuilder/CloverBootloader/Clover.dsc(291): error 000E: File/directory not found in workspace

/Users/STLVNUB/BobTheBuilder/CloverBootloader/OpenCorePkg/Library/OcGuardLib/OcGuardLib.inf

• Sad 1

About Preboot problem:

if you can try this with an OSX like High Sierra or Mojave

check in Preboot  you should have only one folder with inside also /S/L/CoreServices/SystemVersion.plist for your OS

A folder named like this:

42B6DF39-2F83-3B14-96C9-450F7280FCD0

Update to greater OSX and then inside it you will find another folder similar but different like:

xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxx

inside you will find in S/L/CoreServices/SystemVersion.plist properly compiled for your OS

Now when the update of OS end you do not have any more HighSierra or Mojave..but new system installed

Clover in debug.log detect with GetOS always /S/L/CoreServices/SystemVersion.plist of the old and no more existent OS

And this, for AMD users is a problem when we have different Kernel Patches to apply..

How I have solved this? deleting manually not more useful OS reboot folder

With Opencore bootloader no need to do this step

Edited by Guest

1 hour ago, STLVNUB said:

Can't compile 

Geoffs-iMac ~ % /Users/STLVNUB//BobTheBuilder/CloverBootloader/Clover.dsc(291): error 000E: File/directory not found in workspace

/Users/STLVNUB/BobTheBuilder/CloverBootloader/OpenCorePkg/Library/OcGuardLib/OcGuardLib.inf

You forget to load OpenCore

git pull --recurse-submodule https://github.com/CloverHackyColor/CloverBootloader.git

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Slice said:

I compiled just now without problems with the script ./buildme

Could be a problem with my BobTheBuilder as I use git to get source

Does ./buildme git the repo?

my bad it does

Edited by STLVNUB

1 minute ago, STLVNUB said:

Could be a problem with my BobTheBuilder as I use git to get source

Does ./buildme git the repo?

Does your script get sources as

git clone --recurse-submodule...?

3 minutes ago, Slice said:

Does your script get sources as

git clone --recurse-submodule...?

Yes, if you didn't clone with recurse submodule, a "git pull --recurse-submodule" won't do anything.

after clone without --recurse-submodule, you can do "git submodule update --init", or re-clone.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1