Clover General discussion

ErmaC
30,059 posts in this topic

41 minutes ago, iCanaro said:

on the X570 I tried to upgrade BS beta 10 to beta 11 with (master, commit 9e7b4311c) but on the first restart then when in the Clover GUI you select the continuation of the installation, it restarts immediately
here are the logs of the upgrade attempt that ended with OC 062 and the first start of beta11 with Clover

X570_ 5125 (master, commit 9e7b4311c)_BSb11_install_NOK_debug.log

X570_ 5125 (master, commit 9e7b4311c)_BSb11_boot_OK_debug.log

What would be good is to have a zip of your preboot. At first restart, instead of trying to boot BS, boot something else and zip the BS preboot.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Jief_Machak said:

What would be good is to have a zip of your preboot. At first restart, instead of trying to boot BS, boot something else and zip the BS preboot.

OK I see to memorize the advice and next time if an update happens that doesn't go, then start from other macOS and compress the BS Preboot and post it on MEGA

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Jief_Machak said:

I see on Wikipedia that the latest dev beta is "11.0.1 developer beta", and not "11.0 developer beta 11". Apple we love you !.

@Jief_Machak 9to5mac says: "Apple has released the first developer beta of macOS Big Sur 11.0.1, even though macOS 11 Big Sur has not yet even been released to the public. This comes as rumors about a potential Apple event circulate for sometime in November." It seems that the correct version number would be 11.0, 11.0.1, 11.0.2 and so on. Wait and see for the 11.0 release in November or Apple surprise :)

Edited by Matgen84

@Jief_Machak I have successfully tested the 9e7b4311c commit on my Z390 config (Beta 10).

Then I was able to update to Big Sur 11.0.1 Beta, but when restarting on macOS Installer, first the Clover timer did not work, no mouse and keyboard. So I shut down and restart the computer: after choosing macOSInstaller via Preboot (oddly) the sequence remains blocked on: EB LOG: EXITBS: START

Note: it's weird (where I am wrong): macOSInstaller via Preboot?

Debug.log in MP :)

On 10/28/2020 at 9:43 AM, Jief_Machak said:

Next version, I guess...

Documentation is a big problem we haven't started to address.

Answer is no, just post scattered everywhere.

I would love something like that https://opencore.slowgeek.com/  for clover.

If you have a working OC configuration. It should be quite easy. Just create a Quirks section. People from this forum will help, I'm sure.

18 hours ago, jlrycm said:

@Denisuu, there is a config.plist validation tool very similar to the OC Sanity Check which was recently developed and shared in this thread by @Jief_Machak. Not sure if the attached file is the latest one, but you can check in previous posts.

CloverConfigPlistValidator0.6

15 hours ago, Jief_Machak said:

This is the latest. But a quirk has moved. So you might get a false warning about console GOP.

Wow, thanks guys for the quick responses! How do I use the CloverConfigPlistValidator though? I tried dragging it into terminal but that doesn't work haha.

Just copying the Quirks section from the sample config.plist into my old config.plist doesn't work (system never boots).

Possibly there's a lot of unnecessary things in my EFI and config.plist, I followed Rehabmans guides years ago. Some things are probably outdated/unnecessary.

OC sanity checker for example says "FakePCIID.kext there are better ways to fake device ids".

I'm also not sure if I need all of these drivers? for OC I only need 4 drivers for everything to work.

Clover Drivers: ApfsDriverLoader.efi, DataHubDxe.efi, FirmwareVolume-64.efi, AptioMemoryFix-64.efi, FSInject.efi, HFSPlus.efi, AptioMemoryFix.efi, Fat-64.efi, PartitionDxe-64.efi, AudioDxe.efi

OC Drivers: AudioDxe.efi, HFSPlus.efi, OpenCanopy.efi, OpenRuntime.efi

I've attached my working 5122 EFI, everything works with this one.

Since moving back to clover I didn't install any kexts to L/E of S/L/E and everything works as intended, is there any benefit in installing the kexts?

N580VD-Clover_r5122_22OCT2020.7z

58 minutes ago, Matgen84 said:

@Jief_Machak I have successfully tested the 9e7b4311c commit on my Z390 config (Beta 10).

Then I was able to update to Big Sur 11.0.1 Beta, but when restarting on macOS Installer, first the Clover timer did not work, no mouse and keyboard. So I shut down and restart the computer: after choosing macOSInstaller via Preboot (oddly) the sequence remains blocked on: EB LOG: EXITBS: START

Note: it's weird (where I am wrong): macOSInstaller via Preboot?

Debug.log in MP :)

@Jief_Machak SOLVED: only for testing, I put also all the kexts in Other folder and in 11.0 folder. MacOS Installer can boot to finish update to macOS Big Sur 11.0.1 Beta 1

After last reboot, Big Sur Icons reappear beside Big Sur via Preboot icons in the Clover GUI. Finally, after select Big Sur via Preboot stuck on Automatic boot in 0 seconds (no mouse, no keyboard). If I add boot args: debug=0x100 keepsym=1, I can boot Big Sur 11.0.1

Edited by Matgen84
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Matgen84 said:

@Jief_Machak SOLVED: only for testing, I put also all the kexts in Other folder and in 11.0 folder. MacOS Installer can boot to finish update to macOS Big Sur 11.0.1 Beta 1

After last reboot, Big Sur Icons reappear beside Big Sur via Preboot icons in the Clover GUI.

What was going on in my system. I left the kexts in folder 11, but when I selected "macOS Install" it restarted, I selected "macOS Install" again and pressed space, in the "OS X" section in the guid, the version of macOS type: 11.0 and the option of blocking kexts didn’t have, so it didn’t start because it didn’t identify the OS X version and the kexts in folder 11 wasn’t injected
Put in the folder "others" and now the folder 11 appeared in the lock section, and installed normal

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Denisuu said:

Wow, thanks guys for the quick responses! How do I use the CloverConfigPlistValidator though? I tried dragging it into terminal but that doesn't work haha.

Just copying the Quirks section from the sample config.plist into my old config.plist doesn't work (system never boots).

Possibly there's a lot of unnecessary things in my EFI and config.plist, I followed Rehabmans guides years ago. Some things are probably outdated/unnecessary.

OC sanity checker for example says "FakePCIID.kext there are better ways to fake device ids".

I'm also not sure if I need all of these drivers? for OC I only need 4 drivers for everything to work.

Clover Drivers: ApfsDriverLoader.efi, DataHubDxe.efi, FirmwareVolume-64.efi, AptioMemoryFix-64.efi, FSInject.efi, HFSPlus.efi, AptioMemoryFix.efi, Fat-64.efi, PartitionDxe-64.efi, AudioDxe.efi

Since moving back to clover I didn't install any kexts to L/E of S/L/E and everything works as intended, is there any benefit in installing the kexts?

CloverConfigPlistValidator:

chmod a+x CloverConfigPlistValidator0.6
./CloverConfigPlistValidator0.6 <drag & drop your config.plist here>

I suppose those Clover drivers are pretty old. Replace them with the newer ones from /drivers/off/UEFI

I use these (DataHubDxe do nothing for me so I'll delete it):

560219741_Screenshot2020-10-29at10_46_15.png.5f5ea7a5e0cf024d034670e109eb02d4.png

I use FakePCIID + FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio for my HDMI audio, I have no problem with it. 

I simply copy & pasted the Quirks from config-sample on my 3 PCs they're okay.

You need to clarify the problem a little bit (Clover won't start? macOS won't load? hang? panic?)

1 hour ago, Denisuu said:

I tried dragging it into terminal but that doesn't work haha.

Put the path of your config.plist as argument. Yes, dragging to terminal is the way I do it.

Oh yes, you have to add permission x first.

Officially, the soon to be 5126 doesn't support version with 3 numbers from BS.

That'll be done as soon as 5126 released. For that we are waiting RC test to complete.

@SavageAUS @PG7 when do you think you can do it ?

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, Matgen84 said:

thanks for the advice, I did the same thing myself and now the second part of the update at least has continued, I don't know if it will be successful or not, on the Z68 BigSur is being tested on a mechanical hard disk, so turtle speed

• Like 2

if it fails to update on the z68 i'm waiting for new clover commits that they develop for bigsur
I also have the Z370 to upgrade BS to and this is on NVMe disk so much faster  :P 
but I'm waiting for ;) 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Jief_Machak said:

@SavageAUS @PG7 when do you think you can do it ?

sending I can test today

Spoiler

762402057_collage0.thumb.png.c5ed80eecf60aac0bbbfcccb5dd11f1d.png

update from Beta 10 to Beta 11.0.1 with Clover without any worries.

HP Envy Recline 23-K300BR

great news, I was able for the first time ever to update BigSur using Clover 
on the Z68 it was very but very long, due to mechanical hard disk; also without the kexts in OTHER you do not start the second phase of the update, then as I happened, some kext could cause kernel panic, so better leave the bare minimum

27181417_Schermata2020-10-29alle12_32_44

• Like 4

@Jief_Machak

Hi,

I have closed this, but a problem with log is there :

https://github.com/CloverHackyColor/CloverBootloader/issues/286

in debug log I can't see in any part where this patch is applied and if it is applied (I know it is applied because without it Aquantia Ethernet does not work in Big Sur)

1180425110_Screenshot2020-10-29at12_40_59.png.18c1ceb237d41840ab649f438e060510.png

With some clover it was always applied also without declaring the exact name and also without adding a proper Name Tab

Edited by Guest

@kushwavez /drivers/off/UEFI doesn't exist and doesn't get created by installing Clover? Where do I get newer drivers? I checked the Github page but it's a bit confusing.

I don't seem to find much info about which ones I need. OpenRuntime.efi wasn't there too, if it's necessary why isn't it included by default?

Do I need all the drivers you listed, if that's the case I'm missing quite a lot! 

I'm getting a Kernel Panic, Please see the attachment.

2 hours ago, Jief_Machak said:

Officially, the soon to be 5126 doesn't support version with 3 numbers from BS.

That'll be done as soon as 5126 released. For that we are waiting RC test to complete.

This is like Chinese to me haha What is BS and RC? Would you recommend waiting for 5126 to convert?

EDIT1: 

@Henry2010: It seems we responded at the same time. I'll remove those, thanks!

This is the output of the PlistValidator.

170360512_Screenshot2020-10-29at12_33_16.png.5afd7d54c826479d14591c93c073a695.png

EDIT2:

Ok I just got them all from installing Clover again to an empty USB (clicking customize at the end). Still the same Kernel Panic.

kpanic N580VD r5125.txt

N580VD Clover r5125.7z

Edited by Denisuu

2 hours ago, Denisuu said:

unzip or unpkg clover 5125 to update your efi drivers

install OpenRuntime.efi

& you don't need DataHubDxe.efi, AptioMemoryFix-64.efi, AptioMemoryFix.efi now

note that to upgrade bigsur beta 11.0.1 if you don't have kexts in other after the first phase you don't go
after you upgrade then you can remove the kexts from other and leave them in folder 11 and bs starts regularly

for those who always keep kexts in OTHER this is irrelevant news, but for those like me who keep specific kexts in each folder related to given macOS, it is very useful to know first.. wastes less time

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, Henry2010 said:

maybe we can rename Other to macOS and make it default?

because I think most people install only one macOS these days

in my case, I use many types of pc with hackintosh all of them have at least two or more systems installed and always use only the Other file for kext I always try to use updated kext and compatible with all systems!

Spoiler

444754151_Capturedecran2020-10-29a13_43_41.png.f8687f22ce08e3a0322337e86cdf32e5.png

• Like 1