Clover General discussion

ErmaC
30,059 posts in this topic

@JorgeMax If you have a problem, and you think it's not your configuration, please open an issue on clover github. A forum like this is too hard to follow multiple bug. Describe your bug, and how to reproduce it. Join a debug.log in which there is only one boot (if you don't delete it before booting, the log keep appending into it).

• Like 1

Clover r5125 Clover revision: 5125 (master, commit aee426fa3)

HP Envy Recline 23-K300BR "all in one"

Specs:

intel i3-4130T 

intel HD4400/’Nvidia Geforce 830A Optimus' 

8Go RAM

Multi System 

boot OK 

Spoiler

collage.thumb.png.1d62c9108d227be2f2dcd81ea96ceb52.png

• Like 1

Hi @Slice @Jief_Machak

I have a look to the latest commit d0388ee before building it. I don't understand why:

The new GUI/ProvideConsoleGop is introduced while ProvideConsoleGopEnable already exists in the Quirks section. ProvideConsoleGopEnable is always present in sample.plist despite of Provideconsole in GUI section.
Modestly (just my opinion), I think that the right place is in Quirks section because this setting is necessary (or don't be forgot to put to TRUE) for Openruntime, I suppose.

Edited by Matgen84
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Slice said:

I think the setting must always be "true".

It is not a quirks as it doesn't performed by OpenRuntime.

It was present in GUI section just before OC integration.

@Slice I understand what you say: always set to true. But after this commit ProvideConsoleGop is present two times in config.sample.plist: in GUI section and in Quirks ! Can you also post this change in Clover explanations sub-forum for those who migrate from old Clover, Please.

Edited by Matgen84

57 minutes ago, ellaosx said:

Can we also add this for BTL4ContinuityFixup in quirkmask:  

ExtendBTFeatureFlags 

Next version, I guess...

1 hour ago, Denisuu said:

Is there a guide to migrate from Clover r5122 to 5125?

Also does a sanity checker exist like this https://opencore.slowgeek.com/ for Clover?

Documentation is a big problem we haven't started to address.

Answer is no, just post scattered everywhere.

I would love something like that https://opencore.slowgeek.com/  for clover.

If you have a working OC configuration. It should be quite easy. Just create a Quirks section. People from this forum will help, I'm sure.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Denisuu said:

Is there a guide to migrate from Clover r5122 to 5125?

Also does a sanity checker exist like this https://opencore.slowgeek.com/ for Clover?

@Denisuu, there is a config.plist validation tool very similar to the OC Sanity Check which was recently developed and shared in this thread by @Jief_Machak. Not sure if the attached file is the latest one, but you can check in previous posts.

CloverConfigPlistValidator0.6

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, jlrycm said:

@Denisuu, there is a config.plist validation tool very similar to the OC Sanity Check which was recently developed and shared in this thread by @Jief_Machak. Not sure if the attached file is the latest one, but you can check in previous posts.

CloverConfigPlistValidator0.6

This is the latest. But a quirk has moved. So you might get a false warning about console GOP.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Jief_Machak said:

What is this 11.0.1 ? Beta 10 ?

it is this

but i have the same behaviour before and in that preboot i have had always big sur preboot stuff

Edited by Guest

I see on Wikipedia that the latest dev beta is "11.0.1 developer beta", and not "11.0 developer beta 11". Apple we love you !.

4 minutes ago, fabiosun said:

but i have the same behaviour before and in that preboot i have had always big sur preboot stuff

Not sure what that mean.

Please, to talk about your issue, let's do it on github. If you'd like to add something to help, good, but on github. If you do it here, the history will be mixed and it's harder.

@everyone : from now on, I'll help with issue if they are open on Github. Thanks.

on the X570 I tried to upgrade BS beta 10 to beta 11 with (master, commit 9e7b4311c) but on the first restart then when in the Clover GUI you select the continuation of the installation, it restarts immediately
here are the logs of the upgrade attempt that ended with OC 062 and the first start of beta11 with Clover

X570_ 5125 (master, commit 9e7b4311c)_BSb11_install_NOK_debug.log

X570_ 5125 (master, commit 9e7b4311c)_BSb11_boot_OK_debug.log

• Sad 1