Clover General discussion

ErmaC
30,059 posts in this topic

Clean NVRAM where OpenCore tends to write "boot-args=...". This is wrong because this variable is not a business for a bootloader.

In my case Verbose is this menu works fine.

4 hours ago, ellaosx said:

BTW:

iMac:~ ella$ /Users/ella/Desktop/CloverConfigPlistValidator0.6 /Users/ella/Desktop/config.plist 
Warning: Unknown key '/SystemParameters/ExposeSysVariables:1226'. Skipped.

Yes, ExposeSysVariables is unknown and therefore ignored.

18 hours ago, Slice said:

The feature is follow:

Some bioses don't want to start bootx64.efi. They want to start only EFI/Microsoft/bootmgrw.efi. So the trick is replace this file to Clover and Clover already knows the file name "bootmgfw-orig.efi" to start Windows. 

So the conclusion is "we can't use this old method to new Clover version right"????

22 minutes ago, Jief_Machak said:

Yes, ExposeSysVariables is unknown and therefore ignored.

GUI/CUSTOM/Entries is still working fine, but why "CloverConfigPlistValidator0.6" said it should be skipped (delete)??

It working fine for Catalina and below,,  

There is problem for Custom Entries in Big Sur (Working fine for Catalina and below),, i always set "UUID of Volume" of Container Disk of Big Sur/Catalina partition in GUI/CUSTOM/Entries. The custom name and entry of Big Sur is shown, but we can't boot into that, we will get Kernel Panic,, we only can boot in to "Boot from Big Sur from Preboot".

Sorry for bad english

Screen Shot 2020-10-27 at 13.36.54.png

Just now, Andres ZeroCross said:

GUI/CUSTOM/Entries is still working fine, but why "CloverConfigPlistValidator0.6" said it should be skipped (delete)??

If GUI/Custom/Entries[x]/Ignore that should be deleted, not GUI/Custom/Entries[x].

1 minute ago, Andres ZeroCross said:

we only can boot in to "Boot from Big Sur from Preboot"

Yes, it seems we can only boot via preboot. I don't why. I'm currently investigation with someone.

Currently, use Preboot.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Slice said:

I want old method to be working.

It possible to hard-code that if the path is 'EFI/Microsoft", we silently switch to "EFI/CLOVER".

Because BootloaderChooser make a cleaner configuration (Clover efi stays in it's folder), I personally think we shouldn't. But it's 2 lines of code, it can be done.

EDIT : I still admit that it's a change of behaviour I should have said. I didn't know some people had to do that. Sorry.

EDIT2 : The intermediary solution is to switch path if it's "EFI/Microsoft", but with a warning?

Edited by Jief_Machak
  • Like 2

It looks like booting on main partition is still possible and unofficially supported. if we can't boot an main partition, it's because of a feature : authenticate-root.

If you type "csrutil authenticate-root status", it's probably enabled.

The panic reported :33248700_Screenshot2020-10-27at13_30_42.thumb.png.2caa0bcc20f7c0f1ce83623400230e60.png

Problem is : we need recovery if we want to disable it. So not today !

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Jief_Machak said:

It possible to hard-code that if the path is 'EFI/Microsoft", we silently switch to "EFI/CLOVER".

Because BootloaderChooser make a cleaner configuration (Clover efi stays in it's folder), I personally think we shouldn't. But it's 2 lines of code, it can be done.

EDIT : I still admit that it's a change of behaviour I should have said. I didn't know some people had to do that. Sorry.

EDIT2 : The intermediary solution is to switch path if it's "EFI/Microsoft", but with a warning?

EFI/Microsoft/boot/ instead of EFI/CLOVER/

Spoiler

Clover r5125 install  System 

Spoiler

first full test with GitHub's Clover r5125 with PKG

test with Fujitsu LIFEBOOK S761 i5-2520M HD3000

Attention are tests where I have not finished installing the kext for the HD3000 in Mojave and Catalina where I know it works well with risks!

this HDD will be testing HDD for several machines so I will not install any kext on the system ...

I confirm that I installed all the systems from the USB installer with the Clover r5125 available in PKG use the Quircks I got for this series6 chipset I used another commit available yesterday by iCanario to test and confirm its good operation I used the git HFSPlusLegacy.efi driver for this laptop more tests will be done with other machines !!!

Thanks Jieff for the work done as well as Slice plus iCanario and all the others that over time are present testing and raporting the bugs good continuations Clover forever .....

Google Translate !

exemple: Config.plist 

Patch DSDT

todos.png

montage disk.png

config.plist

• Like 4

14 hours ago, naiclub said:

Opencore, I use it well (0.6.3 dev).

I tested it with OpenCore 0.6.3 dev that I created again and the result for me on the 
HP Envy Recline K-300BR is the same as with Clover!
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, JorgeMax said:

Here it is enabled:

SIP value: 0x67 (Clover)
OC Value: 67000000
By OpenCore it boots without causing a kernel panic

Few month ago, @fusion71au share this boot-args to disable authenticated-root.

Clover

In RtVariables/CsrActiveConfig, set to 0x0877... 

<key>CsrActiveConfig</key>
		<string>0x0877</string>

Capture d’écran 2020-10-27 à 17.44.47.png

Edited by Matgen84

34 minutes ago, Matgen84 said:

Few month ago, @fusion71au share this boot-args to disable authenticated-root.

Clover

In RtVariables/CsrActiveConfig, set to 0x0877... 

<key>CsrActiveConfig</key>
		<string>0x0877</string>

Capture d’écran 2020-10-27 à 17.44.47.png

Yes, I already used that value. The problem is that when looking for system updates, it does not download, it gives an error because of the "authenticated-root" which is disabled, but if you enable it, everything will return to normal updates
These two options appear in: System Preferences> Software Update> Advanced

541060787_CapturadeTela2020-10-27s14_28_19.png.31c24d59f205b76e2e8a7292815ecdcb.png

@Jief_MachakWith this value defined in config.plist: 0x0877 causing "authenticated-root" to be disabled. I did a test with the Clover 5125 released, and it boots Big Sur without giving a kernel panic

11 minutes ago, JorgeMax said:

Yes, I already used that value. The problem is that when looking for system updates, it does not download, it gives an error because of the "authenticated-root" which is disabled, but if you enable it, everything will return to normal updates
These two options appear in: System Preferences> Software Update> Advanced

9 minutes ago, Matgen84 said:

@iCanaro Thanks. I know that. I just answer to @JorgeMax who has a KP problem. Maybe, it is a possibility of troubleshooting.

@JorgeMax it is a temporary solution. Now you've got no KP and boot Big Sur. That was the goal, now @Jief_Machak will take a closer look at your problem.

My Z390 config can boot BS with 0x67.

Edited by Matgen84
  • Like 1