Clover General discussion

ErmaC
30,059 posts in this topic

Hi @Jief_Machak a small update on your CloverConfigPlistValidator04 and a couple of Clover keys as unknown:

mackonsti@mini % ./CloverConfigPlistValidator04 ~/Documents/Clover/config.plist
Warning: Unknow key 'main/ACPI/DSDT/SlpSmiAtWake:207'. Skipped.
Warning: Unknow key 'main/KernelAndKextPatches/KernelCpu:421'. Skipped.

Are these two deprecated?

I see https://sourceforge.net/p/cloverefiboot/wiki/ACPI/#dsdt-slpsmiatwake and https://sourceforge.net/p/cloverefiboot/wiki/KernelAndKextPatches/#kernelcpu having been there for quite some time.

Also for my Lenovo config, I get these errors too:

Warning: Unknow key 'main/ACPI/DSDT/SlpSmiAtWake:201'. Skipped.
Error: Expecting a <string> tag following key 'main/Devices/Properties' at line 377 col 6
Warning: Unknow key 'main/Graphics/Connectors:446'. Skipped.

Line 377 col 6 has an <integer> value for the key just above it (for pci-aspm-default) not sure why CloverConfigPlistValidator complains:

<key>Devices</key>
[..]
        <key>Properties</key>
        <dict>
             <key>PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1d,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)</key>
            <dict>
[...]
                <key>name</key>
                <string>AirPort</string>
                 <key>pci-aspm-default</key>
                 <integer>0</integer>
                 <key>model</key>
                 <string>Broadcom BCM4350 Wireless Network Adapter</string>

Same for line 446, the "Connectors" were found in somebody's else config for this Lenovo laptop, I guess they are invalid due to some bug in Clover Configurator from that person or a very old Clover parameter?

<key>Graphics</key>
    <dict>
        <key>Connectors</key>
        <array/>
[...]

Thanks again, if you have a new version compiled, I'd be happy to try it out :D

EDIT/UPDATE:

a) Eventually these "Connectors" under Graphics section, appear in the r5125 sample config.plist in the release ZIP file.

b) There's another key found in Clover r5125 sample config that CloverConfigPlistValidator ignores:

Warning: Unknow key 'main/Quirks/DisableRtcChecksum:669'. Skipped.

Edited by MacKonsti

Hi folks, with the change from Normal to Preboot does anyone know the difference between the two. Does it actually use a different partition for the boot and if so does the command mentioned previously by @Jief_Machak (diskutil apfs updatePreboot) repair the preboot and if so does it have to be run from Big Sur?

2 hours ago, MacKonsti said:

Thanks again, if you have a new version compiled, I'd be happy to try it out :D

EDIT/UPDATE:

a) Eventually these "Connectors" under Graphics section, appear in the r5125 sample config.plist in the release ZIP file.

b) There's another key found in Clover r5125 sample config that CloverConfigPlistValidator ignores:

https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/304530-clover-change-explanations/?do=findComment&amp;comment=2740755

for latest warning check here

Edited by Guest

3 hours ago, MacKonsti said:

mackonsti@mini % ./CloverConfigPlistValidator04 ~/Documents/Clover/config.plist
Warning: Unknow key 'main/ACPI/DSDT/SlpSmiAtWake:207'. Skipped.
Warning: Unknow key 'main/KernelAndKextPatches/KernelCpu:421'. Skipped.

Are these two deprecated?

I see https://sourceforge.net/p/cloverefiboot/wiki/ACPI/#dsdt-slpsmiatwake and https://sourceforge.net/p/cloverefiboot/wiki/KernelAndKextPatches/#kernelcpu having been there for quite some time.

I confirm that "KernelCpu" disappear in April 2020.

I can't find any trace of SlpSmiAtWake in March 2019. So it probably disappeared before that.

Line 377 col 6 has an <integer> value for the key just above it (for pci-aspm-default) not sure why CloverConfigPlistValidator complains:

Yes, false positive. I fixed it. Did I send you the wrong version ?

Same for line 446, the "Connectors" were found in somebody's else config for this Lenovo laptop, I guess they are invalid due to some bug in Clover Configurator from that person or a very old Clover parameter?

Can't find a key "Connectors". I confirm it does nothing. In top of that, the array was empty. So I safely guess that this key can be deleted :whistle:

Mistake I guess. We have to validate that sample config.plist !

Doesn't exist. It's "AppleRTC" in "KernelAndKextPatches" section.

Does the false positive warning still there with CloverConfigPlistValidator0.5

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Jief_Machak said:

Mistake I guess. We have to validate that sample config.plist !

Doesn't exist. It's "AppleRTC" in "KernelAndKextPatches" section.

Does the false positive warning still there with CloverConfigPlistValidator0.5

a) It would be great to re-check the sample_config.plist as I use it for basis of all the keys inside, thanks

b) Understood, please remove DisableRtcChecksum from Sample config too when you can

c) Unfortunately the error for the <integer> insists on your v0.5 code, getting the same error:

Warning: Unknow key 'main/ACPI/DSDT/SlpSmiAtWake:149'. Skipped.
Error: Expecting a <string> tag following key 'main/Devices/Properties' at line 295 col 6
Warning: Unknow key 'main/KernelAndKextPatches/KernelCpu:372'. Skipped.

Here is my complete Lenovo config attached for your debugging.

Thank you!

P.S. You may also want to fix that spelling mistake from "Unknow" to "Unknown" whenever you can, thanks

config.lenovo.plist

Edited by MacKonsti

Hello Jief_Machak

i tried your app and this is the result

fabio@iMac-di-Fabio ~ % /Users/fabio/Desktop/CloverConfigPlistValidator0.6 /Users/fabio/Desktop/Clover/config.plist 

Warning: Unknown key '/ACPI/DSDT/DropOEM_DSM:13'. Skipped.

Warning: Unknown key '/GUI/Custom/Entries[0]/Ignore:420'. Skipped.

Warning: Unknown key '/GUI/Custom/Entries[1]/Ignore:436'. Skipped.

Warning: Unknown key '/GUI/Custom/Entries[2]/Ignore:450'. Skipped.

Warning: Unknown key '/GUI/Mouse/DoubleClick:478'. Skipped.

Warning: Unknown key '/KernelAndKextPatches/KernelCpu:559'. Skipped.

Warning: Unknown key '/Quirks/DisableRtcChecksum:627'. Skipped.

1 hour ago, Alpha22 said:

Hello Jief_Machak

i tried your app and this is the result

fabio@iMac-di-Fabio ~ % /Users/fabio/Desktop/CloverConfigPlistValidator0.6 /Users/fabio/Desktop/Clover/config.plist 

Warning: Unknown key '/ACPI/DSDT/DropOEM_DSM:13'. Skipped.

Warning: Unknown key '/GUI/Custom/Entries[0]/Ignore:420'. Skipped.

Warning: Unknown key '/GUI/Custom/Entries[1]/Ignore:436'. Skipped.

Warning: Unknown key '/GUI/Custom/Entries[2]/Ignore:450'. Skipped.

Warning: Unknown key '/GUI/Mouse/DoubleClick:478'. Skipped.

Warning: Unknown key '/KernelAndKextPatches/KernelCpu:559'. Skipped.

Warning: Unknown key '/Quirks/DisableRtcChecksum:627'. Skipped.

Yep, useless keys, if I'm not mistaken.

@Jief_Machak

Can I ask where they are taken from or how are these parameters found? I ask because in my case starting with either High Sierra or Big Sur, only High Sierra is always detected in debugging And this has negative effects on boot of Big Sur

758491525_Schermata2020-10-25alle10_57_52PM.png.65e53ee558f1e612be4bf648e8526afe.png

thank you

Edited by Guest

1 hour ago, ellaosx said:

@Jief_Machak

Also this under ACPI.

smartUPS
<key>smartUPS</key>
<string>No</string>

CCPV0.6complains that it should be an integer instead of a string.

I put <false/> and it works for smartUPS key, mate, please try that. Not sure if all keys accept "No" or "Yes" in such way as <string>

Edited by MacKonsti
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, ellaosx said:

@Jief_Machak

Also this under ACPI.

smartUPS
<key>smartUPS</key>
<string>No</string>

5 hours ago, MacKonsti said:

I put <false/> and it works for smartUPS key, mate, please try that. Not sure if all keys accept "No" or "Yes" in such way as <string>

It can be <string> or boolean <true/> or <false/>. Not <integer>.

• Like 1

In HP notebook, only there "OS Boot Manager" as UEFI Entry boot, And i have single Disk with Windows and macOS.

I have copy CloverX64.efi to EFI/Microsoft/Boot and rename the original "bootmgfw.efi" to "bootmgfw-orig.efi" then rename "CLOVERX64.efi" to "bootmgfw.efi"

But, in 5125 (I don't test it in 5124, 5122 is still normal) it doesn't work anymore. 

The config.plist is not recognized,, and i got default theme loaded by this method. 

I revert back to 5122,, please @Jief_Machak give solution

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Andres ZeroCross said:

In HP notebook, only there "OS Boot Manager" as UEFI Entry boot, And i have single Disk with Windows and macOS.

I have copy CloverX64.efi to EFI/Microsoft/Boot and rename the original "bootmgfw.efi" to "bootmgfw-orig.efi" then rename "CLOVERX64.efi" to "bootmgfw.efi"

No need for renaming, that can cause serious problems. Leave the Windows boot files alone. Copy & Paste the CLOVER and BOOT folder to the EFI, in Windows cmd (admin mode) use this command to set Clover to default: 

bcdedit /set {bootmgr} path \EFI\CLOVER\CLOVERX64.efi

Then restart. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, kushwavez said:

No need for renaming, that can cause serious problems. Leave the Windows boot files alone. Copy & Paste the CLOVER and BOOT folder to the EFI, in Windows cmd (admin mode) use this command to set Clover to default: 

Then restart. 

No serious problem. It is working method.

1 hour ago, Andres ZeroCross said:

But, in 5125 (I don't test it in 5124, 5122 is still normal) it doesn't work anymore. 

The config.plist is not recognized,, and i got default theme loaded by this method. 

I revert back to 5122,, please @Jief_Machak give solution

Can you give us preboot.log to see what is the problem this way?

• Like 2

@Slice

could you check also here if you have time?

GetOS seems to fail and for kernel patches in AMD system is a mess (if you use a single config.plist using MatchOS to apply right Kernel patches for each Os to boot dfferent systems)

thank you

Edited by Guest

8 hours ago, ellaosx said:

@Jief_Machak

Also this under ACPI.

smartUPS
<key>smartUPS</key>
<string>No</string>

I really dont see how is that possible. The message, in case of a boolean is expected is "Expecting <true/> <false/> or <string> tag containing true, false, yes or no"

I copied/pasted this key and it works : no complain when it's "<string>No</string>".

Send me back your config.plist AND the version of the validator you're using, please, and I'll have a look.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Andres ZeroCross said:

Clover is now getting all its files from where the efi is in. So if you put Clover in "EFI/Microsoft/Boot", you have to put config.plist, kexts dir etc. in that dir.

1 hour ago, kushwavez said:

I didn't know that, but it's interesting.

That said, you have a much simpler solution that will also bring you new possibilities : BootLoaderChooser (https://github.com/jief666/BootloaderChooser/releases)

You put that BootX64.efi in EFI/Microsoft/Boot, rename it "bootmgfw.efi" if you need to. Next reboot, you'll have a text menu. Choose your Clover wherever is it. Next reboot you won't see that text menu unless you boot when a key kept pressed down.

This allows you to have multiple Clover folder AND multiple Clover efi file inside each Clover folder.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Slice said:

No serious problem. It is working method.

Can you give us preboot.log to see what is the problem this way?

Sorry, i have pressed F2 in GUI CLOVER, but when i checked to EFI/CLOVER/misc,, there is no Preboot.log.

And i try to use this method to my PC (Copy CLOVERX64.efi to Microsoft/Boot folder and rename it to bootmgfw.efi and change original bootmgfw.efi to bootmgfw-orig.efi) and got some problem.

Btw, F2 didn't give any output to EFI/CLOVEr/Misc

25 minutes ago, Andres ZeroCross said:

Sorry, i have pressed F2 in GUI CLOVER, but when i checked to EFI/CLOVER/misc,, there is no Preboot.log.

enable debug in boot tab

MaLd0n 2020-10-26 at 08.55.11.png

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jief_Machak said:

Clover is now getting all its files from where the efi is in. So if you put Clover in "EFI/Microsoft/Boot", you have to put config.plist, kexts dir etc. in that dir.

I didn't know that, but it's interesting.

That said, you have a much simpler solution that will also bring you new possibilities : BootLoaderChooser (https://github.com/jief666/BootloaderChooser/releases)

You put that BootX64.efi in EFI/Microsoft/Boot, rename it "bootmgfw.efi" if you need to. Next reboot, you'll have a text menu. Choose your Clover wherever is it. Next reboot you won't see that text menu unless you boot when a key kept pressed down.

This allows you to have multiple Clover folder AND multiple Clover efi file inside each Clover folder.

The feature is follow:

Some bioses don't want to start bootx64.efi. They want to start only EFI/Microsoft/bootmgrw.efi. So the trick is replace this file to Clover and Clover already knows the file name "bootmgfw-orig.efi" to start Windows. 

• Like 2