Clover General discussion

ErmaC
30,059 posts in this topic

you have to give great credit to @Jief_Machak  :thanks_speechbubble:
in the last week he's done an incredible job :thumbsup_anim:
and with great patience towards all of us who are not co-coders or developers, but simple enthusiasts and providing BootLoaderChooser which is invaluable, info and advice for what he could understand from our problems to help him provide serious debugging on which to work

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, iCanaro said:

you have to give great credit to @Jief_Machak  :thanks_speechbubble:
in the last week he's done an incredible job :thumbsup_anim:
and with great patience towards all of us who are not co-coders or developers, but simple enthusiasts and providing BootLoaderChooser which is invaluable, info and advice for what he could understand from our problems to help him provide serious debugging on which to work

I second the motion for our @Jief_Machak :thumbsup_anim: Congratulations.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

That's fine ! 

@MacKonsti I put a smiley to show that was funny, not offensive. You're absolutely right to give credit to people who made a lot of tests for me. At least @Matgen84 @iCanaro @mifjpn @SavageAUS. Sorry if I omit someone.

@iCanaro @Matgen84 Thanks.

@everyone Have a look at my proposition to organize beta-tests, so we have less work and better quality releases !

• Thanks 4
  • Confused 1

@ Jief_Machak 

boot OK  teste CLOVERX64--5125--1934a83d8.efi

slightly slower than the last commit you posted I always encounter the same problem - Preboot disk's preboot is repeated on both partitions I have BigSur installed twice for testing and the names are different but it always only shows the name of one in the two preboot!

I changed the machine to not have all those disks and to be able to make a mess I leave 2 prints of the Clover boot image to see the name he repeats

Google Translate !

HP Envy Recline 23-K300BR

i3-4130T

intel HD4400 (Nvidia 830A Optimus desactived DSDT)

SSD 240 GO

8 GO ram

screenshot0.thumb.png.a76dfe2a700b962974d6e43d1e88c674.pngscreenshot1.thumb.png.f77f0520421331c700aa4fc23bcd4be5.png

Spoiler

debug.log

preboot.log

Edited by PG7
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, mifjpn said:

There is a Japanese blog of my alias alpha.
There is an article about Beta10 (full installer) installed over Beta9 with a USB installer stick.

https://translate.google.com/translate?hl=ja&sl=auto&tl=en&u=https%3A%2F%2Fmifmif.mydns.jp%2Falpha%2F%3Fp%3D757

It's an automatic translation, so it may look ugly, but if you have any questions, please leave a message.
Thank you.

After a while, try the installation again. Latest compilation 5125 Not successful :whistle:

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, Jief_Machak said:

Hi,

Don't think so. I've just tried.

For my information, why are doing it with a custom entry, instead of a .VolumeLabel.txt at volume root ?

I don't do pkg. I don't know what is "rclover5125_oem.pkg". I know that 5125 is not that commit.

You can get a Clover efi file at specific commit here https://github.com/jief666/CloverCommits. I don't remember a change in drivers, so you can just drop the efi file in your Clover folder.

.VolumeLabel.txt at the volume root sounds like and excellent solution, didn't know it existed. Will try, thank for the suggestion! :)

12 minutes ago, Common_Sense said:

.VolumeLabel.txt at the volume root sounds like and excellent solution, didn't know it existed. Will try, thank for the suggestion! :)

It is a great solution unless you want to turn off scanning for volumes then it will be hidden unless a custom entry exists.

15 minutes ago, naiclub said:

After a while, try the installation again. Latest compilation 5125 Not successful :whistle:

what's your problem ? here I found the BigSur beta10 installer solution to stay on the gray screen with the mouse pointer!

- Solution Language to be used is US English in my case I use FR "french" where even in OpenCore it was the same but with the US language the installation goes without having this error!

here I have several Hackintosh and where several HP between Laptop and All IN One I tested the installation and got it without problems even on a SandyBridge Laptop HD3000 that certainly still doesn't have a formula to activate this Graph my only problem is with the two All In One HP Envy Recline that neither with the OpenCore nor with the Clover I can install the BigSur directly through the USB installer,

I was only successful in opening the Beta10 Installer in the Beta9 system and sending the installation to another SSD and then I managed to do everything for Clover! the error is that when i launch the USB installer i get the first phase after it restarts and at the second boot where there should be a 29 minute count it just restarts without a kernel panic! always getting this syntoma

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 3

6 minutes ago, PG7 said:

Solution Language to be used is US English in my case I use FR "french" where even in OpenCore it was the same but with the US language the installation goes without having this error!

OMG!!!

It was that simple! I spent hours to figure out why the installer would hangs at the grey screen and it was just a sutpid bug.

Many thanks for the tip! :thumbsup_anim:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Jief_Machak said:

Just for so everyone knows. I fixed the broken TgtBridge in ACPI patch in release 5123. For me, this is the final pre-oc release for people who won't jump to BS. In that version, you can still use AptioMemoryFix or OcQuirks.

If there is still some problem in that version, we'll fix it.

@everyone who will stay with a pre-OCversion, please test and report.

@MacKonsti We will make a package with a "Final pre-OpenCore" release. Just give us some time. We are not sure yet that there is no problem in that version.

CLOVERX64.5123.1.efi

Hi @Jief_Machak again, a quick question if I may: Does this "fixed" version (or will it) include OcQuirks embedded in Clover? Just to be sure if we need to generally include or not the OcRuntime.efi driver. I see this Clover is quite larger in size compared to r5119 so wanted to be absolutely certain (including the release one).

Can we safely assume that if OcQuirks are embedded and if no reference to "Quirks" is found in config.plist (or no OcRuntime) then we can safely use the working-very-well AptioMemoryFix.efi instead? Thanks!

2 minutes ago, MacKonsti said:

Hi @Jief_Machak again, a quick question if I may: Does this "fixed" version (or will it) include OcQuirks embedded in Clover? Just to be sure if we need to generally include or not the OcRuntime.efi driver. I see this Clover is quite larger in size compared to r5119 so wanted to be absolutely certain (including the release one).

Can we safely assume that if OcQuirks are embedded and if no reference to "Quirks" is found in config.plist (or no OcRuntime) then we can safely use the working-very-well AptioMemoryFix.efi instead? Thanks!

Nothing embedded in that version. You can use AptioMemoryFix or OcQuirks/Openruntime.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mifjpn said:

I don't think there will be any problems, but I added vsmcgen = 1)

interesting, to remember, maybe it can be useful :thumbsup_anim:

in your config you're using some quirks that have been deprecated

930878061_Schermata2020-10-24alle18_23_38.thumb.png.b73ab826a6457812463675abcb7dd5be.png

for information only, on my hack Z97 boot correctly
sierra, high sierra, mojave and catalina
i'll soon install a bs as soon as gm comes out

Z97_5125 (master, commit 1934a83d8)_SIERRA_OK_debug.log

Z97_5125 (master, commit 1934a83d8)_MOJ_OK_debug.log

Z97_5125 (master, commit 1934a83d8)_HS_OK_debug.log

Z97_5125 (master, commit 1934a83d8)_Catalina_OK_debug.log

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, D-an-W said:

To boot Big Sur with r5125 did you have to make any changes?

if you're referring to my X570, I had to take oc's experimental configs and convert them for Clover, see here those recently produced
then to the changes you're referring to, you have to see where you start, there's the Quirks section of Clover that everyone has to fix for their hardware

On 10/24/2020 at 4:32 PM, Common_Sense said:

It works, but it appends the text in .VolumeLabel.txt to the default clover label, instead of replacing it.

EDIT: @Jief_Machak I should probably tag you otherwise you might not notice. I think this is a bug, the text in .VolumeLabel.txt is meant to replace the original text, not be appended to it? Thanks!

Edited by Common_Sense

On 10/20/2020 at 1:18 AM, jmacie said:

@Vinicius P. Miranda

https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Install-Guide/config-HEDT/ivy-bridge-e.html

Maybe try the Ivy Bridge cpuid. Dortania says Sandy Bridge-E applies. It's worth a shot

Screen Shot 2020-10-20 at 12.12.50 AM.png

https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Install-Guide/config-HEDT/ivy-bridge-e.html

Maybe try the Ivy Bridge cpuid. Dortania says Sandy Bridge-E applies. It's worth a shot

jmackie, after many days of testing I found that this guide is not very well done. If I find out where I report to help this guide, I do that.

This guide tells to use the SSDT-PLUG, but it doesn't work because it only takes the core 0 of the CPU, this makes the clock not go over 1.2GHz. Already, if you use SSDT-PM (which is said to use on Sandy and Ivy desktop but not for HEDT (Sandy-E, Ivy-E)) it works well, as the PM directs all colors of the CPU. But there is a catch ...
Power Managemente only worked using SSDT-PM, if and only if the following Patch is used, both in Clover and OC:

1968118455_CapturadeTela2020-10-24s15_20_09.thumb.png.0ef8754e2078066a9074eecdd5f44526.png

I'm thinking that to make BS work, have to find the right Patch for it. Can you tell me if you have this?
Note: I don't know where I got this Patch that worked perfectly for me, I did it a long time ago, but Power Managemente in Catalina only works with this Patch.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, iCanaro said:

if you're referring to my X570, I had to take oc's experimental configs and convert them for Clover, see here those recently produced
then to the changes you're referring to, you have to see where you start, there's the Quirks section of Clover that everyone has to fix for their hardware

Thanks to a lot of help from @Jief_Machak I have narrowed it down to changes made in this commit.

Basically, I can't seem to boot from the Big Sur Preboot entry, up until that point using the "normal" entry it was going ok.

55 minutes ago, Vinicius P. Miranda said:

jmackie, after many days of testing I found that this guide is not very well done. If I find out where I report to help this guide, I do that.

This guide tells to use the SSDT-PLUG, but it doesn't work because it only takes the core 0 of the CPU, this makes the clock not go over 1.2GHz. Already, if you use SSDT-PM (which is said to use on Sandy and Ivy desktop but not for HEDT (Sandy-E, Ivy-E)) it works well, as the PM directs all colors of the CPU. But there is a catch ...
Power Managemente only worked using SSDT-PM, if and only if the following Patch is used, both in Clover and OC:

1968118455_CapturadeTela2020-10-24s15_20_09.thumb.png.0ef8754e2078066a9074eecdd5f44526.png

I'm thinking that to make BS work, have to find the right Patch for it. Can you tell me if you have this?
Note: I don't know where I got this Patch that worked perfectly for me, I did it a long time ago, but Power Managemente in Catalina only works with this Patch.

You are going to need to put this over on the opencore thread. I don't imagine you will get any help though, because they don't have access to older hardware, and they blew me off repeatedly. There is also supposed to be a bug report place on the Dortania page, but I don't know exactly where. With regard to the inaccuracy of Dortania. I had stated the Dortania  guide for Broadwell-E was inaccurate to them, and they demeaned me, so good luck getting help from them. If you could put the complete lines of your patch here I could try it, or you could start a fresh topic and we could not go off topic and respect the Clover Wizards hard work here. lemme know

48 minutes ago, D-an-W said:

Basically, I can't seem to boot from the Big Sur Preboot entry, up until that point using the "normal" entry it was going ok.

you need to post debug logs if you want to hope that jief or some other dev can fix problems or bugs

@Jief_Machak

wanted to bring to your attention, this strange bug, which happened to me, in the same way, as well as on the X570 and Z370, now also on the Z68
I was creating debug logs with all macOS on board, BS beta9, Catalina, Mojave and high sierra

catalina start and rename its debugging Z68_5125 (master, commit 1934a83d8)_Catalina_OK_debug.log
start mojave and rename its debug Z68_5125 (master, commit 1934a83d8)_Mojave_OK_debug.log
start high sierra and rename its debug Z68_5125 (master, commit 1934a83d8)_HS_OK_changed_BS_debug.log 
all 3 times, started correctly without delay or apparent problems
when I restart and then debug with BS, in the Clover GUI I find BS with high sierra icon; then I decide to start catalina using OpenCore, at the desktop I mount the preboot of big sur.

Spoiler

screenshot0.thumb.png.f2b531620a79e27b839a756eed7b3c45.png

Spoiler

813214286_Schermata2020-10-25alle00_54_49.thumb.png.2a1a5ed3e79544f984a89b4d6d7d00ff.png

the SystemVersion I found SystemVersion.plist

the systemversion that I had previously backed up SystemVersion.plist-20A5384c.zip

Having previously backed up SystemVersion, restoring is easy, but it's a very strange event this.
Today on the X570 I started high sierra about ten times and there was no problem, the same applies to the Z370; now I'll see if the same thing happens on the Z68 to see if this bug only manifests itself the first time you start high sierra or figure out what the circumstances might be
The version of Clover used is now the same for all hacks 
CLOVERX64--5125--1934a83d8.efi.zip

after restoring the systemversion.plist i started high sierra 4 times but no bug happened

i then tried to continue installing bs beta 9 update to beta 10

Spoiler

screenshot1.thumb.png.b6732c270695f9c4fa9995549387e89b.png

but the first time you restart it freezes, here's the debug log debug.log

:thanks_speechbubble:

Edited by iCanaro
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, PG7 said:

what's your problem ? here I found the BigSur beta10 installer solution to stay on the gray screen with the mouse pointer!

- Solution Language to be used is US English in my case I use FR "french" where even in OpenCore it was the same but with the US language the installation goes without having this error!

here I have several Hackintosh and where several HP between Laptop and All IN One I tested the installation and got it without problems even on a SandyBridge Laptop HD3000 that certainly still doesn't have a formula to activate this Graph my only problem is with the two All In One HP Envy Recline that neither with the OpenCore nor with the Clover I can install the BigSur directly through the USB installer,

I was only successful in opening the Beta10 Installer in the Beta9 system and sending the installation to another SSD and then I managed to do everything for Clover! the error is that when i launch the USB installer i get the first phase after it restarts and at the second boot where there should be a 29 minute count it just restarts without a kernel panic! always getting this syntoma

beta9 I have no problems installing.
The big problem is now in beta 10 times.
If I use the opencore, this one won't have any problem.
Something I wanted the last three clover to be installed as perfect as in the past.

12 hours ago, mifjpn said:

Hello, @ naiclub
Maybe it won't boot from the beginning or in the middle?
I usually don't use the ”other” folder because I'm having trouble with double injection.
But when it comes to the installer, empty any other version of the folder and put it only in the ”other” folder.

for some reason, when I select Language Choose, the screen is grayed out, so I think it worked if I didn't use it.
(I don't think there will be any problems, but I added vsmcgen = 1)

For reference, I will put the EFI below that I used at that time.

EFI-BigSurInstaller.zip

Good luck

It's EFI pulled from the USB installer, so this worked fine in my environment.
(Please match the environment of Clover to your personal computer.)

Thank you for your sincere concern