Clover General discussion

ErmaC
30,059 posts in this topic

20 minutes ago, Jief_Machak said:

@iCanaro That is just excellent diagnostic that saved me a lot of time. I managed to "cancel" part of an earlier commit. I don't know how I did it. It's not supposed to be possible in git...

MatchOS should be restored with this CloverX64-2020-10-21-17-19-01-1803805-dirty-jief.zip

It is now bootable. And the main drive was hidden and disappeared Left but a pre-boot

bdmesg.log

The next step will be to install the full beta.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, iCanaro said:

OK very good, good!!! big sur has remarried to start with the default config in which matchos fields are developed :thumbsup_anim:

preboot.log

5125 (master, commit 18038055a) -OK-debug.log

Reveal hidden contents

screenshot0.thumb.png.3e244894a0def37f8c1f22cc796b9bbc.png

Now I think I know why your latest kernel patches weren’t working for me. If matchos is fixed now then I’ll try again. 
Then I’ll work on hiding entries and renaming them in the GUI. 

Edited by SavageAUS

20 minutes ago, naiclub said:

debug.log

Reveal hidden contents

IMG20201021205916.thumb.jpg.9ca5dc280c064671565749f31ad6c688.jpg

:whistle:

This debug.log starts with an old version and has some messages from 2 commits ago. So there is a mixup.
Could delete debug.log, make sure you have free space on your EFI partition and restart with this efi CloverX64-2020-10-21-17-52-39-1803805-dirty-jief.zip

@iCanaro Could you try it too : I just restored the re-ordering feature to have main, preboot and recovery grouped.

29 minutes ago, Jief_Machak said:

MatchOS should be restored with this CloverX64-2020-10-21-17-19-01-1803805-dirty-jief.zip

with this file I have boot OK, hidden system disk but for some reason it no longer presents me the BigSur Preboot with the name BigSur int but ism by the Catalina 10.15.7 Preboot and I enter BigSur something gets in the way of the system multiboot!

Google translate ! 

Spoiler

Clover Boot menu screenshot0.thumb.png.81324f86bfb5a57a98b925c6f3f8fbf6.png

debug.log

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Jief_Machak said:

This debug.log starts with an old version and has some messages from 2 commits ago. So there is a mixup.
Could delete debug.log, make sure you have free space on your EFI partition and restart with this efi CloverX64-2020-10-21-17-52-39-1803805-dirty-jief.zip

@iCanaro Could you try it too : I just restored the re-ordering feature to have main, preboot and recovery grouped.

10 minutes ago, naiclub said:

It is now bootable. And the main drive was hidden and disappeared Left but a pre-boot

bdmesg.log

The next step will be to install the full beta.

Here you

29 minutes ago, Jief_Machak said:

This one, I can not boot at the same place.

15 minutes ago, naiclub said:

This one, I can not boot at the same place.

Each time you cannot boot, please do

delete debug.log

- make sure you have free space on your EFI partition

- try to boot

- send me the debug.log (no need to generate preboot.log)

56 minutes ago, Jief_Machak said:

@Jief_Machak I can boot CloverX64-2020-10-21-17-52-39-1803805-dirty-jief.efi on my Z390 Big Sur. All volumes are showing and I can mount EFI using ESP Mounter Pro.

Spoiler

308024803_Capturedcran2020-10-2117_37_00.png.7131a0e20db23d1a2c1cdb2f318155f2.png220999857_Capturedcran2020-10-2117_35_56.png.01c1ced7c98ddc6211412b427dcc4643.png

debug.log

35 minutes ago, Jief_Machak said:

Each time you cannot boot, please do

delete debug.log

- make sure you have free space on your EFI partition

- try to boot

- send me the debug.log (no need to generate preboot.log)

Has done as you say everything But it cannot save the debug log. Symptoms like this

Spoiler

IMG20201021225154.thumb.jpg.8204600c704a3fd35c0f2d281c65b20f.jpg

1 hour ago, naiclub said:

debug.log

Reveal hidden contents

:whistle:

Edited by naiclub

Hi guys,

Thanks to the developers for keeping Clover up to date to support BigSur... 

I've had BS working until Beta 9 with OC 0.6x and Clover 5123... decided to wipe out the partition as it was kind of a mess already and to reinstall BS Beta 10 from scratch using Clover 5125 (release version, I'm not compiling the latest commits myself)  but I'm having a few issues...

I created a Usb installer which boots properly, I can select the HD to install... after the first reboot I'm selecting the BS preboot partition to continue the installation process but that's where the problems begin... I'm getting  the "couldn't allocate class appleIntelPCHSeriesAHCI" error... according to the Haswell guide in Dortania, some SATA controller support was dropped so I installed the CtlnaAHCIPort.kext in EFI\CLOVER\kexts\11 and bumped the version to 999 to force it to load.. however this isn't working.. I'm still getting the error... I have been closely following the thread and trying to avoid to ask simple questions so not to waste other people's time but I'm afraid I'm stuck at this point needing some help.

I'm attaching my config.plist and debug.log.. hopefully someone can help me getting it installed... 

Thank you,

D.

I'm going to update my signature with computer specs.. but here they are quickly: Toshiba Qosmio X75-A7298 intel Core i7 GFX: intelHD 4600 

debug.log

config.plist

Edited by Dragster27

21 hours ago, Jief_Machak said:

Did you create and fill with proper values the Quirks section in config.plist ?

@everyone to avoid having main BS  partition in Clover menu, use this (or compile last commit) : CloverX64-RELEASE_GCC53-2020-10-20-22-44-34-d17d02b-dirty-jief.zip

Do I have to put OpenRuntime.efi and qcquirks.efi(?) to the drivers64UEFI and drivers/UEFI dirs?

Now I can see the Apple logo a very short time after selecting the boot drive, I added the quirk settings accordingly to here: https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Install-Guide/config.plist/haswell.html#booter

Then the computer resets. Still haven't installed an openruntime.efi and so.

I have a haswell core i7 4770. I remember my board needed OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi for some time, until Clover or so could do that by itself...

Here is my config

config.plist

EDIT: Ok, after copying openruntime.efi, it loads, but now my haswell GPU HD4600 is gone (without connector, only as opencl device, and h264 encoder).

Also usb stuff doesn't work like beofre, keyboard was newly detected.

The bootup is a bunch slower than with old clover.

Edited by Funky frank

3 hours ago, iCanaro said:
4 hours ago, Jief_Machak said:

done, here are the logs

preboot.logdebug.log

I will auto cite 

the same configuration that just now worked, now does not start bigsur, these is started with the configs where the MatchOS fields are left empty ... I would call it random behavior

1 hour ago, Dragster27 said:

I created a Usb installer which boots properly, I can select the HD to install... after the first reboot I'm selecting the BS preboot partition to continue the installation process but that's where the problems begin... I'm getting  the "couldn't allocate class appleIntelPCHSeriesAHCI" error... according to the Haswell guide in Dortania, some SATA controller support was dropped so I installed the CtlnaAHCIPort.kext in EFI\CLOVER\kexts\11 and bumped the version to 999 to force it to load.. however this isn't working.. I'm still getting the error... I have been closely following the thread and trying to avoid to ask simple questions so not to waste other people's time but I'm afraid I'm stuck at this point needing some help.

I've had a similar issue with Clover v5125. My Acer notebook (notebook 1 in signature) needs CtlnaAHCIPort.kext to load my SATA drives. I cannot even get the USB installer loaded because of that (even Catalina installer didn't work with that), the log said it's loaded so idk what was the problem. A simple v5124 CLOVERX64.efi reverting solved the problem, succesfully installed BS 10 with Clover v5124.

I thought I had booted into Big Sur with at least one commit of r5125 but currently can't get it to boot with either of the two backups I have to hand, r5124 still works ok (r5125 works fine with Catalina).

Is this behaviour what others are seeing?

3 hours ago, naiclub said:

Has done as you say everything But it cannot save the debug log. Symptoms like this

Hide contents

IMG20201021225154.thumb.jpg.8204600c704a3fd35c0f2d281c65b20f.jpg

That's good so far. Can't see the white line but if it's \EFI\CLOVER\CloverX64-2020-10-21-17-52-39-1803805-dirty-jief.efi, that's good too.

What happens when you press enter ?

@everyone : if you have a successful boot with a previous version and not with that last one I'm sending here, send me (PM if you'd like), a debug.log of a successful boot and the debug.log of the unsuccessful one.

I can't do anything with just a "it doesn't work".

Also : have a look at log yourself before posting.

1) near the top, you have the version and the build ID. Check them before sending.

2) it's not so hard to check if you're patches are taken into account, what kext are really injected.

3) delete the log before making one for me. I sometimes receive log with 4/5 boots chained together. How am I supposed to know which one is the right one ?

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Jief_Machak said:

@kushwavez If 5124 works and not the latest, it should be too hard to find the commit to broke it and understand it.

Can I send clover efi file and you try them ?

Yes of course, I'll test if you send them and I'll report back if it's okay or not with debug.logs. 

I attached a debug.log from the latest git v5125 non-working Clover, I didn't see any suspicious tho, but take a look if you need.

On 10/17/2020 at 2:34 PM, kushwavez said:

Installer USB's aren't working on Clover v5125 for me. (Notebook 1)

The process always hangs at IOAHCIBlockStorage because my ICH 100 series chipset needs "CtlnaAHCIPort.kext" in order to use SATA drives. 

Tested trice, results:

Big Sur Beta 10 Installer USB - Clover v5125: Hangs at IOAHCIBlockStorage, can't boot. However installed system is fine.

Catalina 10.15.7 Installer USB - Clover v5125: Stalling, but after a while proceeds to the Install screen, However my trackpad and keyboard aren't working, my drives aren't showing up in Disk Util. Installed system boots fine.

According to the debug.log the kexts (ApplePS2SmartTouchpad.kext, CtlnaAHCIPort.kext) are successfully loaded, but they're not working on v5125.

Then I replaced v5125 CLOVERX64.efi with v5124, results:

Big Sur Beta 10 Installer USB - Clover v5124: Will test in 30 minutes.  Tested, working. Installing now.

Catalina 10.15.7 Installer USB - Clover v5124: Booted the installer fine, drives are okay, trackpad ok, system ok.

debug.log

Edited by kushwavez

3 minutes ago, kushwavez said:

debug.log

That seems to be the debug.log for when it's not working ? If so, please rename it clearly before sending. Please understand that I have zillion of debug.log.

Ok, for this one.

Please confirm to me that when you switch from 5124 to 5125 (and back) you did it in the exact same CLOVER folder. That's means the exact same config.plist, kexts, drivers, ACPI ?

If confirmed, send the debuglog 5124 (booted from that same folder than the 5125, you got it now, right ?)

Just now, Jief_Machak said:

That's good so far. Can't see the white line but if it's \EFI\CLOVER\CloverX64-2020-10-21-17-52-39-1803805-dirty-jief.efi, that's good too.

What happens when you press enter ?

Spoiler

Will stop at this picture

Yes it is this one

Edited by naiclub