Clover General discussion

ErmaC
30,058 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, Jief_Machak said:

For people with debug.log not generated (Sorry I'm struggling on this one!), try this CloverX64-259ebbb-jief.zip

Also, I'd like to share a tool I've just made CloverConfigPlistValidator0.2

A lot of problem happens when you think you change something in config.plist, but you don't know it's silently ignored by Clover.

Use a terminal, launch "CloverConfigPlistValidator0.2 {path to a config.plist}". For "{path to a config.plist}", you can just drag and drop from finder.

It's brand new. It's possible that an error or warning is wrongly reported. Let me know.

fabios-iMac-Pro:~ fabio$ /Users/fabio/Downloads/CloverConfigPlistValidator0.2 /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/config.plist 
-bash: /Users/fabio/Downloads/CloverConfigPlistValidator0.2: Permission denied
fabios-iMac-Pro:~ fabio$ sudo /Users/fabio/Downloads/CloverConfigPlistValidator0.2 /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/config.plist 
Password:
sudo: /Users/fabio/Downloads/CloverConfigPlistValidator0.2: command not found
fabios-iMac-Pro:~ fabio$ 

/Users/fabio/Downloads/CloverConfigPlistValidator0.2 /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/config.plist 
Warning: Unknow key 'main/ACPI/DropTables[3]/DropForAllOS:129'. Skipped.
Error: Unexpected char '/' at line 466 col 6 while looking for closing char '>'

2 minutes ago, Jief_Machak said:

chmod a+x /Users/fabio/Downloads/CloverConfigPlistValidator0.2

8 minutes ago, fabiosun said:

/Users/fabio/Downloads/CloverConfigPlistValidator0.2 /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/config.plist 
Warning: Unknow key 'main/ACPI/DropTables[3]/DropForAllOS:129'. Skipped.

I got exactly the same errors as yours.

sudo ./CloveerConfigPlistValidation2.0 /Volumes/EFI/EFI/config.plist

if no sudo  i get permission denied

Warning: Unknow key 'main/ACPI/DropTables[2]/Length:54'. Skipped. ---> SSDT is present in my config, but not in the file config.plist
Warning: Unknow key 'main/GUI/Mouse/DoubleClick:299'. Skipped.     -->  OK
Error: Expecting a <string> tag following key 'main/Devices/Properties' at line 635 col 5 --> clover configurator do number then data again OK
Warning: Unknow key 'main/KernelAndKextPatches/KextsToPatch[0]/FindMask:743'. Skipped. --> OK
Error: Unexpected char 'w' at line 796 col 12 while looking for closing char '>'  - not correct because FF 00 00 is in base 64    this:      /wAA  ->rong error

Edited by maclinuxG4
  • Haha 1

@Jief_Machak

I would like to understand with you if this tool of yours can help me understand a particular aspect of your version of clover in practice with Opencore I can use a config.plist to start all operating systems With clover, however, no I have to use 2 1 for High sierra, Mojave, Ctalina. and one for Big Sur In practice in the Kernel Patches section there is something that is not working properly. Are you aware of it? Thank you

2 minutes ago, fabiosun said:

1 for High sierra, Mojave, Ctalina. and one for Big

What's the difference between these config.plist ?

But no, this tool just say if your config.plist is syntactically correct or not. It can happen that a big part of your config.plist is ignored because of a wrong key name. And if you keep trying to solve a problem by modifying an ignored section, you can spend a whole lot of time.

• Like 2

But no, this tool just say if your config.plist is syntactically correct or not. It can happen that a big part of your config.plist is ignored because of a wrong key name. And if you keep trying to solve a problem by modifying an ignored section, you can spend a whole lot of time.

I couldn't try to get an order. Can you do an example?

3 minutes ago, Jief_Machak said:

In BS plist I have the same OC naming convention for min a max kernel/OS

other part of my config is the same..

For me it is not clear some naming of clover for that part

hs_MO_Cat.plist

BS.plist

8 minutes ago, maclinuxG4 said:

if no sudo  i get permission denied

Give yourself the reading right on your config.plist ?

It it works with sudo for you, that's ok.

9 minutes ago, maclinuxG4 said:

Unknow key 'main/ACPI/DropTables[2]/Length:54'. Skipped.

Report wrong. Corrected

10 minutes ago, maclinuxG4 said:

Unknow key 'main/KernelAndKextPatches/KextsToPatch[0]/FindMask:743'. Skipped.

That's a good example of about what this tool could help. You can spend days to try to modify FindMask, not understand why it doesn't work. But it's "MaskFind".

23 minutes ago, fabiosun said:

Unknow key 'main/ACPI/DropTables[3]/DropForAllOS:129'

Wrong report, corrected.

CloverConfigPlistValidator0.3

• Like 1

Hi @Jief_Machak

CloverConfigPlisValidator 0.2 works as it shall with my IvyBridge config.plist update for new Clover:

iMac-de-Mathieu:~ mathieu$ /Users/mathieu/Desktop/CloverConfigPlistValidator0.2 /Users/mathieu/Desktop/IvyBridge_EFI_newClover_5124/CLOVER/config.plist 
Warning: Unknow key 'main/ACPI/DSDT/DropOEM_DSM:13'. Skipped.
Warning: Unknow key 'main/GUI/Mouse/DoubleClick:211'. Skipped.
Warning: Unknow key 'main/KernelAndKextPatches/KernelCpu:265'. Skipped.
Warning: Unknow key 'main/Quirks/DisableRtcChecksum:571'. Skipped.

I've just to remove unnecessary key. :) or not I don't want because they are skipped.
Thanks

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, fabiosun said:

In BS plist I have the same OC naming convention for min a max kernel/OS

other part of my config is the same..

For me it is not clear some naming of clover for that part

hs_MO_Cat.plist

BS.plist

Hi @fabiosun

Have a look to @Slice explanations in this topic Clover changes to convert patches OC to Clover :)

Copy and paste patch from OC to Clover doesn't work.

Sorry, but I spend enough time on Clover already, I won't add to my TODO list "Sorting out config.plist of everyone"... So you have to understand it and do it.

and who asked you this? : P

i know perfectly well how to make my systems work using your clover

I'm just asking you what conventions you use for naming patches in kernel patches.

Because if you reread what I write to you, I have all system working and naming is different

by the way also 0.3 produce an error

fabios-iMac-Pro:~ fabio$ /Users/fabio/Downloads/CloverConfigPlistValidator0.3 /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/config.plist 

2 minutes ago, Matgen84 said:

Hi @fabiosun

Have a look to @Slice explanations in this topic Clover changes to convert patches OC to Clover :)

I have read that slice message and if you see some data are modified in my working plist

problem is if you use matchOS on BS plist..BS does not start...but if it is of any interested here I will try to find by my self a solution ;)

baby@babys-iMac-Pro ~ % chmod A + x /Users/baby/Downloads/CloverConfigPlistValidator0.3

chmod: Invalid file mode: A

baby@babys-iMac-Pro ~ % /Users/baby/Downloads/CloverConfigPlistValidator0.3 /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/config.plist

zsh: permission denied: /Users/baby/Downloads/CloverConfigPlistValidator0.3

baby@babys-iMac-Pro ~ % :whistle:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Matgen84 said:

Hi @fabiosun

I have a look to your BS.plist: you've mixed OC format and Clover format :) Only use Clover format for Clover, and Opencore format for Opencore. I think it's best for you. Just my opinion. 

don't take it wrong @ matgen84 you know I love you like a brother but you don't read too :)

those are two plists that work separately with jief version 5124 ... I would just like to merge them as I can in opencore ...

5 minutes ago, naiclub said:

baby@babys-iMac-Pro ~ % chmod A + x /Users/baby/Downloads/CloverConfigPlistValidator0.3

chmod: Invalid file mode: A

baby@babys-iMac-Pro ~ % /Users/baby/Downloads/CloverConfigPlistValidator0.3 /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/config.plist

zsh: permission denied: /Users/baby/Downloads/CloverConfigPlistValidator0.3

baby@babys-iMac-Pro ~ % :whistle:

For make a executable

baby@babys-iMac-Pro ~ % chmod +x /Users/baby/Downloads/CloverConfigPlistValidator0.3

No more need sudo :whistle:

4 minutes ago, fabiosun said:

don't take it wrong @ matgen84 you know I love you like a brother but you don't read too :)

those are two plists that work separately with jief version 5124 ... I would just like to merge them as I can in opencore ...

Hi Bro :)

Sorry for my poor English. You talk about BS.plist ? And you want to convert to Opencore, if I understand well !  Tell me.

• Haha 1

no @Matgen84

I would like to understand why that mixed BS.plist works and if you see I have put my clover/BS booting image here

And why, if I put it correctly with MatchOs parameter it doesn't work

then..I would like also to say that clover skip without problems naming conventions it does not know (ie min/max kernel value)

so..how to convert in MatchOS min kernel 17.00 max kernel 20.99?

MatchOs 10.13.x, 10.14.x, 10.15.x, 11.0.x, 10.16.x....

I have an initial solution..but I hoped devs can show their proper way to do it

968379885_ScreenShot2020-10-18at12_00_40.png.f2c199e3b7bbad724ebbc869a17775ad.png

Edited by Guest

1 hour ago, Jief_Machak said:

For people with debug.log not generated (Sorry I'm struggling on this one!), try this CloverX64-259ebbb-jief.zip

Also, I'd like to share a tool I've just made CloverConfigPlistValidator0.2

A lot of problem happens when you think you change something in config.plist, but you don't know it's silently ignored by Clover.

Use a terminal, launch "CloverConfigPlistValidator0.2 {path to a config.plist}". For "{path to a config.plist}", you can just drag and drop from finder.

It's brand new. It's possible that an error or warning is wrongly reported. Let me know.

Debug now being generated: debug.log

you analyze why my processor appears as "unknown"

Grateful for your work

32 minutes ago, fabiosun said:

and who asked you this? : P

i know perfectly well how to make my systems work using your clover

I'm sorry, I may have misunderstood something. You said that you need 2 config.plist, which I don't see why, and then you put your config.plist 

32 minutes ago, fabiosun said:

the way also 0.3 produce an error

Fixed in 0.4 CloverConfigPlistValidator0.4

7 minutes ago, fabiosun said:

I would like to understand why that mixed BS.plist works

The whole section "KernelToPatch" is just ignored by Clover, as this new validator version will tell you. The ONLY explanation is that you don't need it !

Try to delete it, it'll just work the same.

19 minutes ago, Matgen84 said:

chmod A + x

Did I wrote that ??? I think I wrote a+x.

Generally speaking, capitals and spaces matters. So don't change a+x to A + x...

Edited by Jief_Machak
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Jief_Machak said:

I'm sorry, I may have misunderstood something. You said that you need 2 config.plist, which I don't see why, and then you put your config.plist 

Fixed in 0.4 CloverConfigPlistValidator0.4

The whole section "KernelToPatch" is just ignored by Clover, is this new validator version will tell you. The ONLY explanation is that you don't need it !

Try to delete it, it'll just work the same.

ei Jief I really appreciate your job in this task..

but Maybe you do not know so much the trouble TRX40 users have had in the past to have their system working in OSX

kernel Patches are mandatory, and if you search on my log I have posted here (ignored by you for other to do list to complete I think) you will see these patches are loaded (when found them in kernel). if Big Sur starts without should be more or less a big miracle :)

without patches early KP or some mem errors...

baby@babys-iMac-Pro ~ % /Users/baby/Downloads/CloverConfigPlistValidator0.4 /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/config.plist

Error: Language 'th:0' is unknown at line 332. Ignored.

Warning: Expecting an integer or "Min" or "Max" for tag 'main/GUI:343'.

Warning: Unknow key 'main/GUI/Mouse/DoubleClick:349'. Skipped.

Warning: Unknow key 'main/KernelAndKextPatches/KernelCpu:483'. Skipped.

Warning: Unknow key 'main/Quirks/PanicNoKextDump:683'. Skipped.

Warning: Unknow key 'main/Quirks/LapicKernelPanic:685'. Skipped.

Warning: Unknow key 'main/Quirks/DisableRtcChecksum:711'. Skipped.

Warning: Unknow key 'main/Quirks/AppleXcpmCfgLock:725'. Skipped.

Warning: Unknow key 'main/Quirks/CustomSMBIOSGuid:733'. Skipped.

Warning: Unknow key 'main/Quirks/AppleCpuPmCfgLock:747'. Skipped.

baby@babys-iMac-Pro ~ %:whistle::yes:

Edited by naiclub