Clover General discussion

ErmaC
30,058 posts in this topic

@iCanarois using an X570 platform, me a trx40 one

Kernel patches are the same I use in Opencore to boot

I have only renamed some voices to match with latest experimental AMD clover patches..

and it works

If it does not work for you it could depend from some quirks or kext you are using..

I am asking if possible to uniform patches method which boot loader use to name them and to have the same terminology of Opencore kernel patch section

And this in my case to have the chance to boot with only a config.plist all OSX available (as I do with Opencore) from High Sierra to Big Sur

now I have to use two different config.plist (1 for highSierra, Mojave and Catalina_and one different for BigSur

Edited by Guest

2 hours ago, Slice said:

Do with me

Reveal hidden contents

screenshot2.png

log

101:278  0:081  DSDT found in Clover volume OEM folder: \EFI\CLOVER\ACPI\patched\\DSDT-4.aml
101:416  0:138  Output DSDT before patch to \EFI\CLOVER\ACPI\origin\DSDT-or.aml
101:924  0:507  Apply DsdtFixMask=0x179521DD

And then I compare this special DSDT with that is loaded into system.

Hello, I want to say that it is now successful.
Thank you very much

Spoiler

screenshot0.thumb.png.c8171b97d432bbfe959d097fc63c643b.png

1251105718_2563-10-1723_05_11.thumb.png.2a7f9af905d913e0d21f9f42ee0642ec.png322013272_2563-10-1723_14_04.png.1a34d85371c2e1b47498b00c9105e44d.png1944810400_ScreenShot2563-10-17at23_59_58.thumb.png.d09aa9612f7a2cce17acbff72feb8c32.png2090380777_ScreenShot2563-10-17at23_41_53.thumb.png.4a6687034cf0a3cc31f9a0ec51424b63.png219406748_2563-10-1723_49_20.thumb.png.77c176e7fc5b6875fb94b817e5c17dab.png

Edited by naiclub
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Jief_Machak said:

I'm currently trying to improv and fix DSDT and log problems. I can't reproduce them here, that's why it's a bit difficult.

Try this CloverX64-2020-10-17-14-37-46-aee426f-dirty--jief.zip

Could you try the EFI file form the previous post ? It won't fix the problem this time, but will give me some more information. Take a picture like you did of the message.

Thanks very much  will try it when I return to home 

I ran tests all afternoon to find out what was going on with Clover versions 5124 and 5125 that caused the system to freeze on my Z370n Wifi during startup.

1. For the reason that Clover does not install correctly on the EFI but on the Catalina partition we usually just upgrade the new Cloverx64 file.

2. If only the Cloverx64 file is exchanged on the EFI (but not all Clover files inside Library and USR on partition) WILL NOT WORKS if do not have BOOTX64.efi from the old version running.

3. If we delete all files from EFI, Partition and files from Hidden Folders, installing everything MANUALLY from Clover-5125-x64.iso.7z files will work correctly.

first of all i will leave my thoughts to a friend who left and left us and to his friends and family .....

RIP ArturPT you will always be with us the longing you will feel but the 
Hackintosh community will never NUCA forget you .... ever ..... 
Artur Manuel Marques Simoes (ArturPT)

I have the same problem that my HP Envy Recline 23-K030EF i5-4590T does not load the DSDT 
with both the Clover r5124 and r5125 already with the r5123 it loads without any problems! 
still without being able to boot directly from the disk where the Beta10 system is but it can be done by Preboot, 
something has improved so far I could not install it directly on any BigSur version now I can still do it 
with trapeze but without having to go through on another pc!

I leave the debug so that the DEVs with time can check and make corrections or advise me something to 
test I will be here for that!
Thank you all in advance!

*google translate

Spoiler

screenshot0.thumb.png.0eb868e229561caccbfa3e35a56cc4cb.png

Spoiler

screenshot1.thumb.png.8d551a10052cae4f49123940499a7dd8.png

debug.log

preboot.log

• Sad 2

Hi everyone, I made a bootable USB stick with Clover r5125 and my untouched, working config.plist from r5119 does not go past the first screen that looks like scrambled code.

I am not using any special drivers, only: ApfsDriverLoader.efi and AptioMemoryFix.efi and FSInject.efi, with VirtualSMC.efi and HFSPlus.efi possibly not needed anymore for Catalina.

Since I am not using OcQuirks.efi and load AptioMemoryFix.efi instead, why wouldn't Clover boot to Catalina beyond that first debug screen? Are there new parameters in config.plist needed now for r5125? The sample has A LOT of stuff that I am not sure if they are new or needed for Coffee Lake :-/

Your help is appreciated. No OpenCore traces in EFI partition obviously, just Clover.

Moreover @Slice in the zip package of the r5125 release (https://github.com/CloverHackyColor/CloverBootloader/releases/tag/5125) there was OcRuntime in "Off" folder but no "OcQuirks.efi" file anywhere. Is it integrated in the code or missing file? The release notes didn't mention a merge of OcQuirks in the main file. Thanks!

Edited by MacKonsti

8 minutes ago, MacKonsti said:

Hi everyone, I made a bootable USB stick with Clover r5125 and my untouched, working config.plist from r5119 does not go past the first screen that looks like scrambled code.

I am not using any special drivers, only: ApfsDriverLoader.efi and AptioMemoryFix.efi and FSInject.efi, with VirtualSMC.efi and HFSPlus.efi possibly not needed anymore for Catalina.

Since I am not using OcQuirks.efi and load AptioMemoryFix.efi instead, why wouldn't Clover boot to Catalina beyond that first debug screen? Are there new parameters in config.plist needed now for r5125? The sample has A LOT of stuff that I am not sure if they are new or needed for Coffee Lake :-/

Your help is appreciated. No OpenCore traces in EFI partition obviously, just Clover.

Moreover @Slice in the zip package of the r5125 release (https://github.com/CloverHackyColor/CloverBootloader/releases/tag/5125) there was OcRuntime in "Off" folder but no "OcQuirks.efi" file anywhere. Is it integrated in the code or missing file? The release notes didn't mention a merge of OcQuirks in the main file. Thanks!

hi,

AptioMemoryFix.efi are depreciated and we are moving to OcQuirks.efi
and yes, OcQuirks are not missing, already are integrated
check Dortania for Quirks settings for Coffee Lake

Edited by MICKHAEL
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Jief_Machak said:

Il y a eu quelques corrections. Attendez la prochaine version ou essayez ce fichier efi CloverX64-2020-10-17-20-24-28-7098822-dirty-jief.zip

Thanks Jief_Machak for the response and advice,
I followed the test with your last file but the result is:
after booting it has a black pc screen with an illuminated background but it doesn't even reach the 
Clover menu and there is no error message or kernel panic

in any case I thank you for your work as well as Slice among others who work for the community!

I personally prefer Clover to other Bootloaders and if I can help of course I do grateful for the efforts but spend what I know!

*Google Translate ! 

3 minutes ago, JorgeMax said:

I think this is not the version you are trying. Check the debug.log.

Copy this https://github.com/jief666/BootloaderChooser/releases/tag/0.3 in your EFI partition in EFI/BOOT. It'll save you this headache of "where should I copy CloverX64.efi?"

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jief_Machak said:

I think this is not the version you are trying. Check the debug.log.

Copy this https://github.com/jief666/BootloaderChooser/releases/tag/0.3 in your EFI partition in EFI/BOOT. It'll save you this headache of "where should I copy CloverX64.efi?"

I'm using another partition with Clover in tests
I renamed your file to "CLOVERX64.efi" (EFI / CLOVER) and also as "BOOTX64.efi" (EFI / BOOT)

I put your "bootLoaderChooser"
Good news is that the DSDT has been loaded again:

Spoiler

799868169_CapturadeTela2020-10-17s20_49_41.thumb.png.7a297475faf2993d97452d610b3ee122.png

The bad that my processor is not recognized:

Spoiler

1809934924_CapturadeTela2020-10-17s20_50_17.thumb.png.593a2a9922f609d6c96fe7728e1e4e5f.png

White debug file

Thank you @Jief_Machak

Edited by JorgeMax

27 minutes ago, Jief_Machak said:

@ PG7Activer le débogage est la section Boot. Vous devriez avoir un debug.log dans le dossier misc. Envoie le moi.

Debug is empty I don't know why

as i said with this file i don't have any graphical interface just stay with black screen!

anything else you can test just let me know that I test.

I oblige your spouse to help

debug.log

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SavageAUS said:

Anyone have any luck with X570 Ryzen yet?

iCanaro is the only one who can boot BS with X570.

Edited by jsl2000

5 hours ago, MacKonsti said:

Release package is not good yet. It must be revised.

OcQuirks.efi is no more used.

AptioMemoryFix.efi is blocked even if you manually placed it.

OpenRuntime.efi must be present.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

9 hours ago, PG7 said:

first of all i will leave my thoughts to a friend who left and left us and to his friends and family .....

RIP ArturPT you will always be with us the longing you will feel but the 
Hackintosh community will never NUCA forget you .... ever ..... 
Artur Manuel Marques Simoes (ArturPT)

I have the same problem that my HP Envy Recline 23-K030EF i5-4590T does not load the DSDT 
with both the Clover r5124 and r5125 already with the r5123 it loads without any problems! 
still without being able to boot directly from the disk where the Beta10 system is but it can be done by Preboot, 
something has improved so far I could not install it directly on any BigSur version now I can still do it 
with trapeze but without having to go through on another pc!

I leave the debug so that the DEVs with time can check and make corrections or advise me something to 
test I will be here for that!
Thank you all in advance!

*google translate

Hide contents

screenshot0.thumb.png.0eb868e229561caccbfa3e35a56cc4cb.png

Hide contents

screenshot1.thumb.png.8d551a10052cae4f49123940499a7dd8.png

debug.log

preboot.log

It is the same with me

7 hours ago, MICKHAEL said:

hi,

AptioMemoryFix.efi are depreciated and we are moving to OcQuirks.efi
and yes, OcQuirks are not missing, already are integrated
check Dortania for Quirks settings for Coffee Lake

This new version of Clover Can you use it completely?

There is still more recent than me.Clover_r5125.pkg

Edited by naiclub
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, rramon said:

@Sphinx777

Would you please share your working EFI folder for your Z370N Wifi unit?

Also, if I understand correctly one must install r5125 files manually. How did you do this exactly? I would use Pacifist for that and swap files one at a time.

Thanks in advance!

Use the zip

For people with debug.log not generated (Sorry I'm struggling on this one!), try this CloverX64-259ebbb-jief.zip

Also, I'd like to share a tool I've just made CloverConfigPlistValidator0.2

A lot of problem happens when you think you change something in config.plist, but you don't know it's silently ignored by Clover.

Use a terminal, launch "CloverConfigPlistValidator0.2 {path to a config.plist}". For "{path to a config.plist}", you can just drag and drop from finder.

It's brand new. It's possible that an error or warning is wrongly reported. Let me know.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1