Clover General discussion

ErmaC
30,058 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, corint1 said:

a few hours ago I asked about voodooI2C and I communicated that with the new version of the clover it doesn't load anymore ... as a result the trackpad of the laptop doesn't work anymore ... no reaction ... interesting that the priority is the correct display of the processor type and not the disappearance of some functionalities ... thanks to all those who answered me ...

"Patience, grasshopper" :whistle:

On 10/14/2020 at 7:00 AM, tikizondo94 said:

Im having an issue with 5123 and 5124 loading voodooi2c kexts in the correct order. No matter what my laptop will not boot Catalina with these new versions of Clover. 5122 and all before work normal. Is there a way to set the order of kext loading with the new clover? 

Spoiler

20201004_095702.jpg

23 hours ago, Jief_Machak said:

Not yet. On the TODO list.

1 hour ago, 5T33Z0 said:

Is there any official documentation of how to manually upgrade from Clover 5122 (with working OcQuiks) to 5124?

Because I can't get this to work.

Any current, up-to-date Documentation would be fine up at this point.

is a series of works in progress, you have to read at least the last 10 pages to understand the thread of history

21 minutes ago, ameenjuz said:

compiling failed with xcode12 

anyone help me

• Like 1

11 hours ago, iCanaro said:

I just tested on Z68, Z97, Z170 and Z370 and the CPU is detected correctly :) 

I compiled clover this instant (commit 48fb8c757), and my core i7 - 8700K continues to be shown as "Unknown".

• Haha 1

Spoiler

1495417166_2563-10-1510_38_46.thumb.png.e87b0e01903a508c38fea97691c3bb00.png

More injections

Injection more straight cpu type

Spoiler

500440952_2563-10-1510_45_11.png.dd5cc47675f41b412d0a3aa8eab7f814.png

AcpiPatcher.cpp Has it been resolved?

Update slightly Most recently, it can now boot into High_Sierra.
But the custom Acpi dsdt.aml still doesn't work.

bdmesg.log

Edited by naiclub
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, 5T33Z0 said:

Is there any official documentation of how to manually upgrade from Clover 5122 (with working OcQuiks) to 5124?

Because I can't get this to work.

Any current, up-to-date Documentation would be fine up at this point.

Unpack 5124.pkg and find the config-sample.plist, C&P the new Quirks into your old plist or compare them and edit, and it should work just fine.

The VirtualSmc.efi drivers is only for FileVault. Go to VirtualSMC topic for more informations, if you want. The last @Slice FakeSMC.kext works fine on my system.

@Matgen84

Thanks. I guess we should keep it, in case one day we turn on FileVault and forget to add this VirtualSMC.efi file.:lol:

Edited by Henry2010
  • Haha 1

Hi @Slice

I can't build latest commit 48fb8c7

Spoiler

CPP] kernel_patcher
/Users/mathieu/src/Cloverbootloader/rEFIt_UEFI/Platform/kext_inject.cpp:147:92: error: variable 'Status' is uninitialized when used here [-Werror,-Wuninitialized]
      MsgLog("Failed to load extra kext : %ls status=%s\n", TempName.wc_str(), efiStrError(Status));
                                                                                           ^~~~~~
/Users/mathieu/src/Cloverbootloader/rEFIt_UEFI/Platform/Platform.h:41:34: note: expanded from macro 'MsgLog'
#define MsgLog(...)  DebugLog(1, __VA_ARGS__)
                                 ^~~~~~~~~~~
/Users/mathieu/src/Cloverbootloader/rEFIt_UEFI/Platform/kext_inject.cpp:137:21: note: initialize the variable 'Status' to silence this warning
  EFI_STATUS  Status;
                    ^
                     = 0
1 error generated.
make: *** [/Users/mathieu/src/Cloverbootloader/Build/Clover/RELEASE_XCODE8/X64/rEFIt_UEFI/refit/OUTPUT/Platform/kext_inject.obj] Error 1

build.py...
 : error 7000: Failed to execute command
    make tbuild [/Users/mathieu/src/Cloverbootloader/Build/Clover/RELEASE_XCODE8/X64/rEFIt_UEFI/refit]

build.py...
 : error F002: Failed to build module
    /Users/mathieu/src/Cloverbootloader/rEFIt_UEFI/refit.inf [X64, XCODE8, RELEASE]

- Failed -

2 minutes ago, Matgen84 said:

Hi @Slice

I can't build latest commit 48fb8c7

Hide contents

CPP] kernel_patcher
/Users/mathieu/src/Cloverbootloader/rEFIt_UEFI/Platform/kext_inject.cpp:147:92: error: variable 'Status' is uninitialized when used here [-Werror,-Wuninitialized]
      MsgLog("Failed to load extra kext : %ls status=%s\n", TempName.wc_str(), efiStrError(Status));
                                                                                           ^~~~~~
/Users/mathieu/src/Cloverbootloader/rEFIt_UEFI/Platform/Platform.h:41:34: note: expanded from macro 'MsgLog'
#define MsgLog(...)  DebugLog(1, __VA_ARGS__)
                                 ^~~~~~~~~~~
/Users/mathieu/src/Cloverbootloader/rEFIt_UEFI/Platform/kext_inject.cpp:137:21: note: initialize the variable 'Status' to silence this warning
  EFI_STATUS  Status;
                    ^
                     = 0
1 error generated.
make: *** [/Users/mathieu/src/Cloverbootloader/Build/Clover/RELEASE_XCODE8/X64/rEFIt_UEFI/refit/OUTPUT/Platform/kext_inject.obj] Error 1

build.py...
 : error 7000: Failed to execute command
    make tbuild [/Users/mathieu/src/Cloverbootloader/Build/Clover/RELEASE_XCODE8/X64/rEFIt_UEFI/refit]

build.py...
 : error F002: Failed to build module
    /Users/mathieu/src/Cloverbootloader/rEFIt_UEFI/refit.inf [X64, XCODE8, RELEASE]

- Failed -

Can you sort the compilation to look at it?

5 minutes ago, naiclub said:

Can you sort the compilation to look at it?

Just click on "Reveal Hidden contents"  in my post to see error message  :hysterical:

Edited by Matgen84

20 minutes ago, Slice said:

@Matgen84 Fixed.

Thanks a lot.

Sorry for Off-Topic question: with Clover r5123, csr-active = 0x67, I can update Big Sur Beta 8 to 9. Now with r5124, csr-active = 0x67 or 0x0, I have only Full Installer Beta 9 (I suppose) instead of Update Beta 10.

Any ideas, please.

@Slice

I can't build commit 11e2e38

Spoiler

Processing meta-data .
Architecture(s)  = X64
Build target     = RELEASE
Toolchain        = XCODE8

Active Platform          = /Users/mathieu/src/Cloverbootloader/Clover.dsc

build.py...
/Users/mathieu/src/Cloverbootloader/CloverEFI/OsxDxeIpl/DxeIpl.inf(-1): error 000E: File/directory not found in workspace
    /Users/mathieu/src/Cloverbootloader/IntelFrameworkPkg/IntelFrameworkPkg.dec

- Failed -

Edited by Matgen84

13 minutes ago, 5T33Z0 said:

Why would I unpack the pkg when I can just download the zip from github??? Oh, you didn't know there's github for clover?

I tried merging the plist already, line by line > fail

I tried using the old and just adding the quirks > fail

updating files one by one >fail

updating drivers and kexts > fail

What else shall I doe

This shouldn't happen.

I'm quitting Clover. I've had enough.

@5T33Z0 I understand what you are saying. Have you tried to adapt the quirks to your Comet Lake, following the directions given in the Dortinia Guide.

So the updater doesn't show me the Beta 10 update, saying I'm up-to-date. I have to run the macOSDeveloperBeta16AccessUtility.dmg in order to start the update process, but it's downloading a 12 GB update instead of 4 GB. 

I have disabled SIP by CsrActiveConfig=0xFFF 

• Sad 1

Just now, corint1 said:

don't bother anymore ... clover doesn't boot in beta 10, nor opencore, if secureboot is set to default or enable, you get kp ... in clover there is no such setting yet ...

Has anyone besides yourself confirmed this?

not yet ... because it's still struggling to get the updates to beta 10 ... without secureboot disable, you only get install full, which is beta 8 ... not even in opencore until you set secure boot to disable, you can't update at beta 10 ... it's verified

we must waiting ... 

• Sad 1

41 minutes ago, corint1 said:

not yet ... because it's still struggling to get the updates to beta 10 ... without secureboot disable, you only get install full, which is beta 8 ... not even in opencore until you set secure boot to disable, you can't update at beta 10 ... it's verified

we must waiting ... 

@corint1  Same here, but I only get Full Beta 10 instead of update Beta 10 (csr-active=0x67).

Capture d’écran 2020-10-15 à 11.27.41.png