Clover General discussion

ErmaC
30,058 posts in this topic

11 minutes ago, corint1 said:

more errors :

build.py...

: error 4000: Not available

[all] not defined. No toolchain available for build!

- Failed -

Build end time: 06:30:37, Oct.12 2020

Build total time: 00:00:00

now it doesn't even compile according to the amount of errors received ... in my opinion clover has become a kind of camel-ostrich

[GENFW] CLOVERX64

Generating DUETEFIMAINFVX64 FV
##
GUID cross reference file can be found at /Users/sergey/src/CloverBootloader/Build/Clover/RELEASE_GCC53/FV/Guid.xref

FV Space Information
DUETEFIMAINFVX64 [35%Full] 2752512 total, 990792 used, 1761720 free

- Done -
Build end time: 06:54:47, Oct.12 2020
Build total time: 00:01:25

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Slice said:

[GENFW] CLOVERX64

Generating DUETEFIMAINFVX64 FV
##
GUID cross reference file can be found at /Users/sergey/src/CloverBootloader/Build/Clover/RELEASE_GCC53/FV/Guid.xref

FV Space Information
DUETEFIMAINFVX64 [35%Full] 2752512 total, 990792 used, 1761720 free

- Done -
Build end time: 06:54:47, Oct.12 2020
Build total time: 00:01:25

after git clone I dont have folder Build/clover.... where I found this folder ... I create in my user folder , an folder src ,,,cd src ...git clone .... and I dont have some like you tell me ...

edit :

same error after 3 download with git clone

100 21.0M  100 21.0M    0     0  3355k      0  0:00:06  0:00:06 --:--:-- 4372k

edit 2:

more error ...in final computer freeze ... just power button work to reset ... :((((((((((

Edited by corint1

24 minutes ago, corint1 said:

after git clone I dont have folder Build/clover.... where I found this folder ... I create in my user folder , an folder src ,,,cd src ...git clone .... and I dont have some like you tell me ...

edit :

same error after 3 download with git clone

100 21.0M  100 21.0M    0     0  3355k      0  0:00:06  0:00:06 --:--:-- 4372k

edit 2:

more error ...in final computer freeze ... just power button work to reset ... :((((((((((

Build folder appears only when you build Clover, not after cloning.So you can use BuilMe script (in cloverbootloader folder), choose "Build Clover" in menu. By default, it will build gcc53 mode.

i try the last version and i get still same trouble around DataHubDxe.efi ( bad object size change again i get red mess or prompt message red)

Now, i think that it could be a dependency or link too early, and need to be redone (suppressed temporary  DataHub.efi then recompile it).

Does anyone have another idea? (could be a library   and datahubDxe have a mistake ?)

Strange too, the git command and opencore folder are launch, but again, i need to delete folder opencore, then launch to get clone from git.

-> git clone https://github.com/CloverHackyColor/OpenCorePkg.git

after  sudo ./ebuil.sh or sudo ./buildme the 1 and 3 theb 15 and finish

Edited by maclinuxG4

7 minutes ago, Matgen84 said:

Build folder appears only when you build Clover, not after cloning.So you can use BuilMe script (in cloverbootloader folder), choose "Build Clover" in menu. By default, it will build gcc53 mode.

yes but whatever option I choose, the same thing happens ... :((((((.... I am very discouraged

3 minutes ago, corint1 said:

yes but whatever option I choose, the same thing happens ... :((((((.... I am very discouraged

It is difficult to understand what you exactly do. First, what command do you use for git clone ?

36 minutes ago, mifjpn said:

It seems that you have to check the environment and also check the Git Clone command.
Is your environment Catalina and Xcode 12.0.1?
I am worried.

yes. Yes, I used it but the build was unsuccessful once.

1 hour ago, Matgen84 said:

It is difficult to understand what you exactly do. First, what command do you use for git clone ?

1. git clone --recurse-submodules https://github.com/CloverHackyColor/CloverBootloader.git

2. git config --global submodule.recurse true 

3. ./buidtme

this was order .... any option try , same errors ....

edit : this is last line befor freeze gettext-0.20.1 make...

Edited by corint1
  • Sad 3

12 minutes ago, corint1 said:

1. git clone --recurse-submodules https://github.com/CloverHackyColor/CloverBootloader.git

2. git config --global submodule.recurse true 

3. ./buidtme

this was order .... any option try , same errors ....

What option you have choose in BuildMe menu 

EDIT: what do you mean "this is last line before freeze gettext-0.20.1 make.." If the process is not terminated, you can't build at all. The interesting question is what is your freeze !

Sorry for my poor english

Edited by Matgen84
  • Sad 1

15 minutes ago, mifjpn said:

That's sad for me too.
Is something like a cache working?
Because of that, I wonder if it will be different if I fetch the cache with "git clone"?
Mac has little software to manage cache, isn't it?
I use OnyX.app from time to time.
I can't guarantee that it will be fixed, but what about the idea of trying OnyX.app after erasing it?

OnyX.app

Where can I find it?

14 minutes ago, Matgen84 said:

What option you have choose in BuildMe menu 

EDIT: what do you mean "this is last line before freeze gettext-0.20.1 make.." If the process is not terminated, you can't build at all. The interesting question is what is your freeze !

Sorry for my poor english

in the end I managed ... how? I don't know ... I don't think I can reproduce the method by which I finally succeeded ... I tried chaotically various ... I miss the OpenCore files ... where do I get them from? ocquirks and ocruntime or what else is needed?

• Sad 1

35 minutes ago, corint1 said:

in the end I managed ... how? I don't know ... I don't think I can reproduce the method by which I finally succeeded ... I tried chaotically various ... I miss the OpenCore files ... where do I get them from? ocquirks and ocruntime or what else is needed?

Spoiler

1389982703_ScreenShot2563-10-12at15_28_34.png.6c3566a707098bed121743b0f63c1896.png

I have been doing this many times, never being successful once.

43 minutes ago, corint1 said:

For missing Openruntime, wait the next commit if you make PKG. Now OcQuirks.efi is not necessary since new Clover and new config.plist 

20 minutes ago, Matgen84 said:

For missing Openruntime, wait the next commit if you make PKG. Now OcQuirks.efi is not necessary since new Clover and new config.plist 

So the next commit will make OcQuirks.efi obsolete? Or they already are?

2 minutes ago, SavageAUS said:

So the next commit will make OcQuirks.efi obsolete? Or they already are?

Have a look to you local repo: OcQuirks.efi is not build now. So of course :D I believe it's already not necessary with new commits.

2 minutes ago, iCanaro said:

If instead of using installers, you run build all or build Clover and you hand-pick the files you need, wouldn't it be better and easier?!

That is what i do but i thought i would report the problem.

I too am also seeing the red DataHubDxe.efi text on my screen since latest commit but using the one attached solves it (not that it caused a problem just a delay in booting).

DataHubDxe.efi

I want to know who made these tools.

Around 2014 CloverGrower-master This tool Good for me

And want them to come back to build this tool again

Which I really like Easy and fast

Spoiler

227601300_ScreenShot2563-10-12at16_47_05.png.3d9324317bedcb1f2def30ff6e1694f9.png1670284390_ScreenShot2563-10-12at16_47_39.png.1a7f5cd346729c81c672a484d2c8c5c7.png1186941914_ScreenShot2563-10-12at16_48_08.png.d179731467797978557090e6c23ca0e3.png

4 minutes ago, naiclub said:

I want to know who made these tools.

Around 2014 CloverGrower-master This tool Good for me

And want them to come back to build this tool again

Which I really like Easy and fast

https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/files/file/1003-bobthebuilder/

but until they bring it all together in master, it won't work well

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, biricotico said:

@Slice Icelake processors have problems under Catalina or Bigsur. it is not working at normal speed. Seems to be running 2x faster and fakecpuid don't solve this problem.

Wow! Your computer became two times faster!

It will be more useful if you provide debug.log to have what to discuss.

I struggled with compiling, I don't know if I will succeed in the future, but what I can say is that it works well ... the latest version doesn't need any opencore anymore ... it boots in any operating system only with clover files ... congratulations to you and thank you

• Sad 1

21 minutes ago, Slice said:

@all

See release 5124.

Thanks a lot to you and @Jief_Machak

My stupid question: Can update my old IvyBridge (Mojave installed) from r5122 to r5124, without using the new config.plist with Quirks  section and OpenRuntime. I want to keep AptioMemoryFix for this P8Z77 mobo.

Please.