Clover General discussion

ErmaC
30,058 posts in this topic

please, i installe the new version clover R5123.pkg, and make trouble.

Make advertissement for  all mac os  before big sur, because the selection of boot isn't possible anymore (clover dispaly to adapt config.plist)

it is  very important

for all mac os version, excepted big sur , we need to update at minimal the folder EFI and config.plist.

Thanks to all

Edited by maclinuxG4

2 minutes ago, maclinuxG4 said:

please, i insta, make an advertissement, dont update now r5123.pk with other mac os, becasue, no boot are possible (check on config.plist will block )

it is  very important

for other mac os , we need to update at minimal the foldre EFI and config.plist.

Thansk to all

Please do not take offence.

Can you use a different translator please, that is near on impossible to read.

5 minutes ago, SavageAUS said:

Please do not take offence.

Can you use a different translator please, that is near on impossible to read.

This person is strange to say, do not update 5123. I think he might have made a mistake by himself.

5 hours ago, Jief_Machak said:

Make files with what ? 

@Everyone : duplicated settings are now ignored from Quirks section. Which can lead to failed boot if you don't have these settings in the "Clover place" in section KernelAndKextPatches. You may need these keys. Adapt value to what you have in your Quirks section.

<key>KernelAndKextPatches</key>
	<dict>
		<key>KernelPm</key>
		<false/>
		<key>KernelLapic</key>
		<false/>
		<key>KernelXCPM</key>
		<true/>
		<key>PanicNoKextDump</key>
		<true/>
	</dict>

use this efi : CloverX64-20201009102950-2fddd11-dirty-jief.zip  It will panic at boot if you have 2 different values for the same setting.

Do NOT remove or modify yet the settings you have in Quirks section if it's working for now. I may need you to boot on a previous version to find a bug.

I know, "panic" is a bit extreme. I'm preparing proper warnings and messages about config.plist problems. Just not ready yet...

This version always got KP due to fault CPU even without any error during booting of my Z77 hackintosh, which means not compatible to my hardware and software settings.

Other versions were much better than this new one for me.

Ok, so who's got an AMD with :

- a working clover folder with a previous revision.

- a minimal knowledge about command line

- a github account

- a willing to spend some time and do the tests I ask (exactly as I ask :yes:, please)

Let me know on private message and we'll debug the situation.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, jsl2000 said:

This version always got KP due to fault CPU even without any error during booting of my Z77 hackintosh, which means not compatible to my hardware and software settings.

Other versions were much better than this new one for me.

Can you share your working Clover before  CloverX64-20201009102950-2fddd11-dirty-jief.zip  ? I have also an Z77 MB GA Z77-DSH. Not tested this version, i can boot into Beta 9 Installer , but after that (at Minutes 12) it reboots (normal, i think next step is preboot installl..) but that reboots. If i try to boot preboot install or Big_Sig Volume same happens. This shows content of y Big Sur:Bildschirmfoto 2020-10-09 um 16.09.59.jpg

Same Clover can boot my Catalina.

Question1: I can say that the clover  buildin generate CTSTATES/PSTATES doesnt work anymore - worked with Clover 5107.

Waht happens: CPU is at fixed 800 MHz.

If i use an generated SSDT für my I5-3570K (non XPM) i get stepping again. But old working generate Cstates/PStates are lost 5123 (differnet further builds also).

Questiion2: What are the normal steps at the install process of BETA 9? Normally Clover sets the correct next boot volume by itself. But sometimes (also at Catalina) it is wrong and i must select the right volume fast enough by hand. Can it be that the FIRMWARE check/ Update thing may be the problem? How to disable that step with clover ( OC has some disable Firmware update function).

I uploaded my config.plist

config.plist.zip

1 hour ago, Jief_Machak said:

a working clover folder with a previous revision.

OK only Clover 5120 + Ocquirks.efi+Ocquirks.plist+OpenRuntime.efi boot my T-RyZo

a github account

OK

a willing to spend some time and do the tests I ask (exactly as I ask :yes:, please)

OK, I can find it

a minimal knowledge about command line

I'm very bad here, but a lot
you can't rely on me 

39 minutes ago, mitch_de said:

Can you share your working Clover before  CloverX64-20201009102950-2fddd11-dirty-jief.zip  ? I have also an Z77 MB GA Z77-DSH. Not tested this version, i can boot into Beta 9 Installer , but after that (at Minutes 12) it reboots (normal, i think next step is preboot installl..) but that reboots. If i try to boot preboot install or Big_Sig Volume same happens. This shows content of y Big Sur:Bildschirmfoto 2020-10-09 um 16.09.59.jpg

Same Clover can boot my Catalina.

Question1: I can say that the clover  buildin generate CTSTATES/PSTATES doesnt work anymore - worked with Clover 5107.

Waht happens: CPU is at fixed 800 MHz.

If i use an generated SSDT für my I5-3570K (non XPM) i get stepping again. But old working generate Cstates/PStates are lost 5123 (differnet further builds also).

Questiion2: What are the normal steps at the install process of BETA 9? Normally Clover sets the correct next boot volume by itself. But sometimes (also at Catalina) it is wrong and i must select the right volume fast enough by hand. Can it be that the FIRMWARE check/ Update thing may be the problem? How to disable that step with clover ( OC has some disable Firmware update function).

I uploaded my config.plist

config.plist.zip

You may compare mine and edit yours to fix it.

config.plist