Clover General discussion

ErmaC
30,058 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, 5T33Z0 said:

Anybody else having issues with updating and merging the config plist from 5122 to 5123?

Yesterday I tried 3 times to manually update my Notebook EFI from 5122 to 5123 which was a major p.i.t.a. and then the system still wouldn't boot. I am pretty much done with clover at this stage.

Clover Feels more like a skin for OpenCore now than its own thing… copying all the features from OpenCore over since they seem to be running into a dead end with clover. Current CloverConfigurator doesn't even reflect all the settings available in the sample config.

Clover is not a skin for OpenCore. See some discussion here Which boot loader do you prefer?

CloverConfigurator is a separate project with own bugs which we are not responsive.

config-sample.plist does reflect all new features of the new Clover.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, fusion71au said:

Agree.  Latest commits, including recent version r5123_8e0f4ad24 have fixed OEM folder/DSDT issue I posted before.  No problem booting to Big Sur Beta9 USB Installer, High Sierra 10.13.6, Catalina 10.15.7, Windows 10 etc :).

First, delete ~/src/opt (from old SourceForge Clover) and any empty ~/src/CloverBootloader/OpenCorePkg folder.

Then clone the forked OpenCorePkg from the CloverHackyColor GIT Hub...

cd ~/src/CloverBootloader

git clone https://github.com/CloverHackyColor/OpenCorePkg.git

Now run ./buildme as before to compile Clover.

I always delete the entire /src folder prior to a build. 

7 minutes ago, Jief_Machak said:

That is precisely being a lecturer.

You'll understand some day. :hysterical:

Spoiler

1868501051_ScreenShot2563-10-07at13_18_20.png.c10ef4e0c453ff72deb626859af94f63.png

I want you to edit the file for the first time. And come to the file 2-3-4 Before this is the latest
Because I feel it will work fine in everything.
I feel the files later, it does not work in all components.

30 minutes ago, SavageAUS said:

Keep in mind this has my specific DSDT and device properties so it will need edits before use. 

EFI-i7-9750H-Laptop.zip

are your laptop smbios from imacpro 1,1 ? strange ... 

edit ...sorry ... is ok smbios ...but dont work for me ... an error some like " this mac os is not supported"

Edited by corint1

38 minutes ago, corint1 said:

are your laptop smbios from imacpro 1,1 ? strange ... 

edit ...sorry ... is ok smbios ...but dont work for me ... an error some like " this mac os is not supported"

My laptop uses MacBookPro16,1 smbios.

• Like 1

@Jief_Machak I don't know what is so hard to understand about "I don't really care"? Yes, maybe I sound like it - or maybe I don't. I both take and give lessons at uni, so that may or may not be a reason. In either case I am fine with it.

I usually try to comment on things other people bring up to boost productivity or be on a somewhat good note with them, but I'm very tired of pointless talk. When you tag people or submit PRs/bugs, maybe try to work productively with what they tell you in response - or don't do it in the first place. I prefer former, but I can live with either.

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Download-Fritz said:

I don't know what is so hard to understand about "I don't really care"? Yes, maybe I sound like it - or maybe I don't. I both take and give lessons at uni, so that may or may not be a reason. In either case I am fine with it.

Oh, don't worry, I understand that you think you don't care. Although if it were really the case, you wouldn't have done that last comment, because you wouldn't have care to do it.

4 minutes ago, Download-Fritz said:

maybe try to work productively

It's not productive to keep coming here to say that we are doing is wrong.

5 minutes ago, Download-Fritz said:

I'm very tired of pointless talk

And yet you make it keep going.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Jief_Machak said:

It's not productive to keep coming here to say that we are doing is wrong.

That depends on the personality of the adressant. Some people take criticism as a mean to improve their skill and work, and some take it to cause pointless stuff. If you don't take criticism by people who know the design of what you are integrating well as a productive guideline, rest assured you will no longer be bothered with such things.

10 minutes ago, Jief_Machak said:

And yet you make it keep going.

I have explained this at the beginning of the paragraph? It is rude to not react to people at all, as simple as that.

Edited by Download-Fritz

5 minutes ago, Download-Fritz said:

It is rude to not react to people at all, as simple as that.

Oh, hum, so I have to react and we're stuck in an endless loop. Ok, let's go :

6 minutes ago, Download-Fritz said:

Some people take criticism as a mean to improve their skill and work

Just saying to someone : "You're wrong" is not a critic, it's a slap.

7 minutes ago, Download-Fritz said:

rest assured you will no longer be bothered with such things.

That'll be so nice of you.

Thank you very much.

• Like 4

Question for the Clover devs / Clover builders.

I have git cloned the CloverBootLoader repo but when i build it modifies the files from inside the repo (which i guess is expected) but is there a way i can prevent this?

Can i run the ./ebuild.sh command and append a directory where i want the output?

Or am i doing something wrong?

13 hours ago, 5T33Z0 said:

Anybody else having issues with updating and merging the config plist from 5122 to 5123?

Yesterday I tried 3 times to manually update my Notebook EFI from 5122 to 5123 which was a major p.i.t.a. and then the system still wouldn't boot. I am pretty much done with clover at this stage.

Clover Feels more like a skin for OpenCore now than its own thing… copying all the features from OpenCore over since they seem to be running into a dead end with clover. Current CloverConfigurator doesn't even reflect all the settings available in the sample config.

Well, I partially agree with that I still don’t get what needs to be done with config.plist in r5123 compared to previous versions nor do I know where the config sample plist can be found. It might be a good idea to just upload it on githup repo.

To my knowledge the quirks section was already present prior to r5123 and it worked with either putting quirks values directly into the config.plist OR by putting the quirks.plist into drivers/UEFI folder along with OcQuirks.efi and OpenRuntime.efi.

Don‘t get my wrong but often it’s quite hard to follow Clover development due to absent guides (and I‘m not considering myself being a beginner). I asked for clarification couple of pages back but got an answer that was quite scarce.

Edited by rramon

6 minutes ago, rramon said:

Well, I partially agree with that I still don’t get what needs to be done with config.plist in r5123 compared to previous versions nor do I know where the config sample plist can be found. It might be a good idea to just upload it on githup repo.

https://github.com/CloverHackyColor/CloverBootloader/releases/tag/5123

download clover iso o Clover V2

then you have to use a plist editor

7 minutes ago, rramon said:

Don‘t get my wrong but often it’s quite hard to follow Clover development due to absent guides (and I‘m not considering myself being a beginner). I asked for clarification couple of pages back but got an answer that was quite scarce.

this of the guides is becoming a joke, or a good excuse.

config-sample.plist 2.zip

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

35 minutes ago, iCanaro said:

https://github.com/CloverHackyColor/CloverBootloader/releases/tag/5123

download clover iso o Clover V2

then you have to use a plist editor

this of the guides is becoming a joke, or a good excuse.

config-sample.plist 2.zip

While I have comprehension problems due to your poor language skills I‘m pretty sure there’s no need for this kind of attitude, lad.

Or do you happen to enjoy some kind of royalty status I should be obliged to obey? :whistle:

Edited by rramon
  • Confused 1

49 minutes ago, rramon said:

I totally agree Clover is quite hard because of that.

We should start a Gitbook, get back documention from SourceForge and update it.

But who's up for that. I'm ok to help to set it up, but I can't do everything...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

18 minutes ago, Jief_Machak said:

I totally agree Clover is quite hard because of that.

We should start a Gitbook, get back documention from SourceForge and update it.

But who's up for that. I'm ok to help to set it up, but I can't do everything...

I am willing to help. 

• Thanks 2

I know @Jief_Machak, if that sum of documentation debt piles up it‘s quite hard to manage.

Having a look at the sample.plist it seems that the structure changed quite substantially compared to the one I‘m using right now.

Would it be a good practice to head over to Dortania’s guide to learn and understand what the values are for since these are part of OC?

Thanks in advance

3 minutes ago, chris1111 said:

I am not abble to build Default Branch 

Did you think of --recurse-submodules in your git clone ?

1 minute ago, rramon said:

Would it be a good practice to head over to Dortania’s guide to learn and understand what the values are for since these are part of OC?

Yes Quirks has the same meaning, because this Clover embed OC.

4 minutes ago, SavageAUS said:

I am willing to help. 

Good to know. We'll start something soon.

• Thanks 2