Clover General discussion

ErmaC
30,058 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, pico joe said:
16 hours ago, Jief_Machak said:

Interesting and good to know : if it hangs when you boot OpenCore (It stops after Watchdog status is 0, HDD led is blinking constantly), it maybe because of your EFI partition full.

In my case, it was full of OC logs.

yes .. hang with OC when switch from clover

I've opened an issue on their bug tracker...

Edited by Jief_Machak

I'm doing a new installation of Big Sur, but I'm stuck in a repetition with a word "SIGILL" and also "SIGABRT"
I’ve tried looking around this in other topics, but I haven’t found
Thank you for your help

48 minutes ago, JorgeMax said:

I'm doing a new installation of Big Sur, but I'm stuck in a repetition with a word "SIGILL" and also "SIGABRT"
I’ve tried looking around this in other topics, but I haven’t found
Thank you for your help

You need to open the hidden drive (Preboot).
Then choose this drive to boot, good luck

edit..After that, the installation is complete if complete Preboot drives will disappear as normal drives. Completed the installation process.

I've already said it on this page.

หน้านี้

Edited by naiclub

1 hour ago, naiclub said:

You need to open the hidden drive (Preboot).
Then choose this drive to boot, good luck

edit..After that, the installation is complete if complete Preboot drives will disappear as normal drives. Completed the installation process.

I've already said it on this page.

หน้านี้

I've already gone through this step
It already starts with the partition with the given name of the example system: "BigSurTest"
The step is to finish and go to the final settings

Spoiler

IMG_0919.thumb.JPG.939090bc8d699ff235b2368cc8de40d4.JPG

1 hour ago, JorgeMax said:

I've already gone through this step
It already starts with the partition with the given name of the example system: "BigSurTest"
The step is to finish and go to the final settings

Hide contents

IMG_0919.thumb.JPG.939090bc8d699ff235b2368cc8de40d4.JPG

Ok you use oc boot or clover if using clover

Look at the picture I attached (preboot), if available, delete it And save the clover file

Spoiler

1187169728_ScreenShot2563-10-05at21_11_05.png.6dbe9b1fb46f9fd5dedee445a81feec9.png

Edited by naiclub

2 hours ago, naiclub said:

Ok you use oc boot or clover if using clover

Look at the picture I attached (preboot), if available, delete it And save the clover file

Reveal hidden contents

1187169728_ScreenShot2563-10-05at21_11_05.png.6dbe9b1fb46f9fd5dedee445a81feec9.png

Even making it visible, the same situation occurs
Thank you for your help

2 minutes ago, JorgeMax said:

Thank you for your help

I had the same issue once, I erased the whole disk and before starting the installation process I booted with OC and cleared nvram and then rebooted the system from the pre-released version of 5123 and then the installation went very smoothly.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, JorgeMax said:

Thank you for your help

So you haven't completed the installation process. I said all You have to boot with the pre-boot drive until you reach the setting selection page to login.

15 minutes ago, Cyberdevs said:

I had the same issue once, I erased the whole disk and before starting the installation process I booted with OC and cleared nvram and then rebooted the system from the pre-released version of 5123 and then the installation went very smoothly.

I was used to being the type he specified. But I don't see the need to delete the new drive. Just select the correct boot drive. Do not try to enter the main drive that has the name of that drive.

edit..bigsur this version install at least 3-4 rounds Unlike the previous version

Edited by naiclub

10 minutes ago, naiclub said:

So you haven't completed the installation process. I said all You have to boot with the pre-boot drive until you reach the setting selection page to login.

Yes, this problem is after the "preboot" process. Then it restarts and I see the disc with the name given there in the format of the drive

14 minutes ago, Cyberdevs said:

I left the other units with the other systems plugged in, like a second installation of Big Sur, Mojave and windows
Is it a conflict with Big Sur already installed?
Check here

11 minutes ago, JorgeMax said:

I left the other units with the other systems plugged in, like a second installation of Big Sur, Mojave and windows
Check here

No I don't think so. unless they are on the same drive which might be the cause for the issue that you are having.

This issue isn't related to Clover and most likely is related to your specific setup (EFI folder and settings) so I suggest to make a new topic and continue the troubleshooting process there.

10 minutes ago, JorgeMax said:

Yes, this problem is after the "preboot" process. Then it restarts and I see the disc with the name given there in the format of the drive

Check here

Spoiler

screenshot0.thumb.png.60fea3bc816d197dd39caaf827dafbef.pngscreenshot1.thumb.png.81e72399b989fe89453805ca3b07d769.png

Give an example to see. Actually, it must have 3 drives. 1. Drive to install 2. The driver to update the installation. 3. The main drive to enter the system If the installation is complete Will only take 2 drives 1. Drive to install 2. Drive to login You will need to access the 2nd drive until the drive is gone.

15 hours ago, Jief_Machak said:

The message show the path UNDER oem path. I improved it in the last commit the display the full path.

I've just tried, and everything is loaded from the right place.

Could you compile the latest commit, remove the ACPI folder duplication and try ?

edit: on Clover revision: 5123 (opencore_integration, commit 458d071ec)

after more tests. i see that it does load the SSDT- files from OEM/.../ACPI/patched - good. 

but is actually it is not loading the DSDT.aml file from there (i get the one from BIOS) (even tho it says it finds it OEM). -- not good.

So with just DSDT.aml (duplicated) to CLOVER/APCI/patched, then all is good. 

Edited by tluck

41 minutes ago, mifjpn said:

Hello everyone.

I woke up in Japan at midnight and checked.
Has anything changed?

CloverBootloader% git rev-parse --short HEAD
53645a424

After compiling this, I installed Clover_r5123.pkg, but after selecting an entry for both Big Sur and Catalina, one "_" appears in the upper left on a black screen and it stops.

Is it my big mistake?

BSCANTBOOTdebug10060329.log

CTCANTBOOTdebug10060335.log

config.plist

Thank you.

Try this for your own files.config.plist

I'm getting the same "SIGILL" Error from this

So, since I still can see the "Preboot HD" I've tried to boot from it following the advice of @naiclub but when booting from "Preboot HD" I have this problem https://imgur.com/a/0weje9F and after it reboots...

I'm leaving my EFI Folder in case someone can help me.

Thanks!!!

EFI ga-h97-d3h.zip

Edited by prcmelo

Hi, @Cyberdevs 

I've downloaded your Clover Folder before and I had no success... so I started to change it following my 10.15.7 EFI, and still no success... I have tried many configurations and followed many advices, but nothing yet :wallbash:

But thanks for your help, let's see if some "miracle" happens on my Hack :surprised:

Tested latest Clover r5123_2bc776d63 on my legacy desktop GAP55aUD3 (System2 in signature).

Good News

• Boots 10.13.6, 10.15.7 and Big Sur Beta (already installed + Installer USB)
  • OEM ACPI is preserved when booting non mac OSes eg Windows, Linux --> preserves OEM activation
  • Kext Injection working well from OEM folders, correctly reads config.plist in OEM folders

Bugs

• Like @tluck report, I noticed that my patched DSDT must also be placed in /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched (in addition to /EFI/CLOVER/OEM/P55A-UD3/ACPI/patched) if using OEM folders for configuration, despite boot log confirming DSDT.aml present in OEM folder.
  • Some kext patching fails eg ALPM IO Error AppleAHCIPort
            <dict>
                <key>Comment</key>
                <string>ALPM IO Error AppleAHCIPort</string>
                <key>Disabled</key>
                <false/>
                <key>Find</key>
                <data>QGACAA==</data>
                <key>InfoPlistPatch</key>
                <false/>
                <key>Name</key>
                <string>AppleAHCIPort</string>
                <key>Replace</key>
                <data>AAAAAA==</data>
            </dict>

---> some of my SATA Hard Disks are not initialized ...

Spoiler

1201867505_DiskInitializationFailure.png.0e0cd57075a2214bb3297b088915531f.png

Bootlogs & EFI

EFI with Clover r5123_2bc776d63.zip

Edit1:  Kext patching works again if you give "full" name of kext eg

For ALPM IO Error AppleAHCIPort patch, name of target should be com.apple.driver.AppleAHCIPort, not just AppleAHCIPort.

Edit2: CLOVERX64._r5123_8e0f4ad24 has fixed OEM folders DSDT issue.

Edited by fusion71au
Clover r5123_8e0f4ad24 has fixed OEM folders DSDT issue
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, fusion71au said:

• Some kext patching fails eg ALPM IO Error AppleAHCIPort

<dict>
                <key>Comment</key>
                <string>ALPM IO Error AppleAHCIPort</string>
                <key>Disabled</key>
                <false/>
                <key>Find</key>
                <data>QGACAA==</data>
                <key>InfoPlistPatch</key>
                <false/>
                <key>Name</key>
                <string>AppleAHCIPort</string>
                <key>Replace</key>
                <data>AAAAAA==</data>
            </dict>

---> some of my SATA Hard Disks are not initialized ...

May be it requires full name like com.apple.iokti.AppleAHCIPort. (sorry I am not sure exactly the name)

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, Slice said:

May be it requires full name like com.apple.iokti.AppleAHCIPort. (sorry I am not sure exactly the name)

Thanks, kext patching works after giving the target kext its' "full name", like in OC config.plist

AppleAHCIPort ---> com.apple.driver.AppleAHCIPort

Spoiler

585163636_ALPMIOErrorKextPatch.png.e38e23a25571c386cbc1b1323424b1ef.png

//From boot log

14:000  0:000  Bridge com.apple.driver.AppleAHCIPort patch to OC : com.apple.driver.AppleAHCIPort (ALPM IO Error AppleAHCIPort)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Hi @Jief_Machak

Tested latest Clover r5123_2bc776d63 on my UEFI desktop Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master: only Clover GUI work, I can't boot at all Big Sur Installed or USB Installer (don(t try Catalina). I only see underscore dash nothing else.

• Like 1

same thing, with the Clover just filled in, when you select a macOS from the GUI, then black screen and 1 dash in the top left

I also tried on my Z170 and Z97 hacks, using the same Clover working on the Z370, but they immediately go into kernel panic or crash. Even with these hacks I have the option to start them with OC 061 over Clover 5122-OcQuirks, this to say, that I do not start from scratch.

debug.log 3 KP_Z170.zip

Edited by iCanaro
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Matgen84 said:

Hi @Jief_Machak

Tested latest Clover r5123_2bc776d63 on my UEFI desktop Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master: only Clover GUI work, I can't boot at all Big Sur Installed or USB Installer (don(t try Catalina). I only see underscore dash nothing else.

I’ve tried 5123 from github (not sure if yours is different) and I can boot Big Sur, Catalina, Windows but not Arch Linux. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, SavageAUS said:

I’ve tried 5123 from github (not sure if yours is different) and I can boot Big Sur, Catalina, Windows but not Arch Linux. 

Mine is different than pre-release. I build r5123 commit 2bc776d63. @iCanaro has the same problem as me.