Clover General discussion

ErmaC
30,134 posts in this topic

8 minutes ago, Matgen84 said:

@Slice

I can't boot on Big Sur installed on HDD from USB Clover 5120. 

I test Big Sur USB Installer (Clover r5120) and report.

Thanks 

debug.log

But what is the diagnose? Black screen after... or KP... or not started...

Do you need any kext or kernel patches specific for your hardware?

Is it OK for Catalina?

45 minutes ago, Slice said:

But what is the diagnose? Black screen after... or KP... or not started...

Do you need any kext or kernel patches specific for your hardware?

USB3: can't boot

I note also some SSDT error injection. Unfortunately, I can't tell exactly error messages.

Big Sur stuck at IOUSB before KP and crossed out circle

I only use patched DSDT SSDT (MaLdOn)

USB2: can boot (very long to boot) and not boot
I can boot from USB Installer : Choose Language, etc

---> I can't boot on Big Sur installed on HDD from USB Clover 5120. 

Big Sur stuck at IOUSB before KP and crossed out circle

Test on Z390 Aorus Master config. SMBIOS IMac19,1

Edited by Matgen84

Yes I can confirm that it boot into the installer. Thanks to all the Clover team for their efforts, Great work guys! :yes:

Spoiler

Clover 5120 Big Sur.png

But I guess there's something wrong with Kext Injection.

With iMac15,1 SMBIOS I get the black screen, with iMac18,1 I can boot into the installer and my USB header ports don't work either so I had to use a USB 2.0 port I also have these purple lines again.

Spoiler

IMG_6669.JPG

• Like 2

On 7/13/2020 at 7:24 PM, crazybirdy said:

Hi @Slice

report some issues.

6/19, commit 1072, 109d1f5, kext patcher and kernel patcher work fine on Mojave, Catalina.

can't pass the Big Sur ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

can't boot to Big Sur.

7/13, commit 1091, b79f643, kext patcher and kernel patcher didn't work on Mojave, Catalina, Big Sur,

and can boot to Big Sur system, and get panic without kext patch after booting logs.

If I replace 109d1f5/kernel_patcher.cpp to b79f643/kernel_patcher.cpp, and modify as diff as below.

The commit 1091, b79f643 kext patcher and kernel patcher work fine on Mojave, Catalina,

and can boot to Big Sur system, but get panic without kext patch after booting logs.

The problem is, can you fix the kext patcher and kernel patcher on Mojave, Catalina, Big Sur?

Reveal hidden contents

@@ -1126,7 +1126,7 @@
 //
 static inline BOOLEAN IsXCPMOSVersionCompat(UINT64 os_version)
 {
-  return (os_version >= AsciiOSVersionToUint64("10.8.5")) && (os_version < AsciiOSVersionToUint64("10.16")); 
+  return (os_version >= AsciiOSVersionToUint64("10.8.5")) && (os_version < AsciiOSVersionToUint64("10.17"));
 }

//
@@ -2053,7 +2053,7 @@
     // check bootargs for 10.7 and up
     bootArgs2 = (BootArgs2*)ptr;

-    if (bootArgs2->Version==2 && bootArgs2->Revision==0
+    if (bootArgs2->Version==2 && (bootArgs2->Revision==0 || bootArgs2->Revision==1)
         // plus additional checks - some values are not inited by boot.efi yet
         && bootArgs2->efiMode == archMode
         && bootArgs2->kaddr == 0 && bootArgs2->ksize == 0

11 hours ago, Slice said:

Test, please, commit d320eb969

Reveal hidden contents

IMG_0214.jpg

Still the same errors here,

Always get AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement panic here on 10.14.6, 10.15.6, 10.16 B2.

It seems kext patcher and kernel patcher didn't work on Mojave, Catalina, Big Sur,

but 6/19, commit 1072, 109d1f5 works fine.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Guest ricoc90
1 hour ago, crazybirdy said:

Always get AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement panic here on 10.14.6, 10.15.6, 10.16 B2.

I'm getting the same panic as well but on Ivy Bridge. However, I only get the panic booting from BS's install media. Catalina boots without issues.

Clover 5120 test on the Z97
given that I've been using ocquirks for months
I first inserted with a plist editor the new ocquirks section and configured exactly as ocquirks.plist
taken from the iso and copied to UEFI ocquirks and opernruntime replacing them to those present, eliminated ocquirks.plist

restart but I hang at boot

for scruple remade config of the Z97 starting from the sample included in the iso, but fail, block to boot

Spoiler

IMG__20200717_182842.thumb.jpg.3a0b071babb74492411de30a54e60aae.jpg

• Sad 1

I i'm runing catalina 10.15.5 and did update to clover 5120 , my computer stuck on a black screen after having strange purple lines on apple logo and progression bar . Tried to but on a clone system with an older clover version same result . Any ideas of i can do ? Any help will be very well appreciated as i need my computer to work for this week end . Thanks in advance

3 minutes ago, autantpourmoi said:

I i'm runing catalina 10.15.5 and did update to clover 5120 , my computer stuck on a black screen after having strange purple lines on apple logo and progression bar . Tried to but on a clone system with an older clover version same result . Any ideas of i can do ? Any help will be very well appreciated as i need my computer to work for this week end . Thanks in advance

This won't be much use to you after the event but for future reference do all updates on a test USB Drive to see if it will boot the system before you commit the update to your main drive to avoid the predicament you're in now.

Guys don't use the pkg at github as it remove OpenRuntime.efi by my mistake: 

https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/306156-clover-problems-and-solutions/?do=findComment&comment=2730760

Sorry

EDIT

pkg at github corrected

P.S. Clover.app is ok. 

EDIT

fixed pkg attached

Clover_r5120.pkg

Edited by vector sigma
  • Like 1

OT:

The CloverHackyColor team doesn't have to be superstitious, get Clover out today.... in Italy Friday 17th is the day when you can get the greatest misfortunes :shock:

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, iCanaro said:

OT:

The CloverHackyColor team doesn't have to be superstitious, get Clover out today.... in Italy Friday 17th is the day when you can get the greatest misfortunes :shock:

yes and in fact... :hysterical: 

---> see

Edited by vector sigma
  • Haha 2

Same here (from Italy), issue with 5120, I didn't have KP but always Black Screen and verbose reported: Unsupported CPU and PCH.

On previous versions everything was perfect, I use ocquirks for some time, and I never had any problems.

I noticed that updating to 10.15.6, I no longer have the XCPM while maintaining the build 5119 with KernelXCPM=true, the problem of Unsupported CPU and PCH remains.

2 hours ago, vector sigma said:

Guys don't use the pkg at github as it remove OpenRuntime.efi by my mistake: 

https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/306156-clover-problems-and-solutions/?do=findComment&comment=2730760

Sorry

EDIT

pkg at github corrected

P.S. Clover.app is ok. 

EDIT

fixed pkg attached

Clover_r5120.pkg

IMG_0802.thumb.JPG.35114888e6a1b52acc20df9ad8c1f888.JPG

Still in the same

4 hours ago, Slice said:

I deleted release 5120 until it will work.

Hi Slice,

Was commit bfe7db9 included in the released 5120? 

Because for me that's the change that breaks booting. Any commit before that works.

• Confused 1

16 hours ago, eSaF said:

This won't be much use to you after the event but for future reference do all updates on a test USB Drive to see if it will boot the system before you commit the update to your main drive to avoid the predicament you're in now.

was able to install clover 5119 on my clone disc and everything went back to normal ...testing on usb stick meaning you use an catalina installation usb stick with the your usual config.plist? anyway thanks for the advice

Edited by autantpourmoi

It won't matter what OS is on the test USB drive because it is only the updated EFI folder on you'll be using to boot the main drive to find out if the update boots your system without an issue.

Stuck at SIGILL on 5120 bigsur USB installer. I did try to clear nvram, like they did in opencore, but that didn't help. Getting there, thanks all

I know 5120 is not supposed to work just reporting where I was looping.

Edited by jmacie
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, D-an-W said:

Evening folks, does anyone know if "buildme, Clover r5120 (SHA: 14c254d40)" is ok to install or best to wait to hear from @Slice or @vector sigma?

Wait, seems to be the best solution. 11 hours ago, Slice has removed r5120 Release (14c254d40). Just my opinion.

• Thanks 1