Clover General discussion

ErmaC
30,059 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Andres ZeroCross said:

I can't use SHIFT (Left or Right) button in Shell64 with my USB Keyboard (Sades Gaming Keyboard) but normal with Logitech Keyboard.

It was working before,,

Here is my drivers, does filevault2 make it broken??
image.png.d3c3e26edc973b7788bca9ba52705697.png

Did you use latest Shell64U.efi from Clover distribution?

1 hour ago, Slice said:

Did you use latest Shell64U.efi from Clover distribution?

I don't understand about "latest Shell64U.efi". Does it come from CLOVER.pkg???? I just install latest Clover version. And files in tools folder always updated from clover installationimage.png.09600eca81b285fb7df03db7ee564ed5.png

Edited by Andres ZeroCross
  • Like 1

Can't seem to build the latest commit...

[CPP] StartupSound
[CPP] StateGenerator
[CPP] VersionString
[CPP] ati
[CPP] b64cdecode
[CPP] card_vlist
[CPP] cpu
[CPP] device_inject
[CPP] gma
[CPP] guid
[CPP] hda
In file included from /Users/dan/src/CloverBootloader/rEFIt_UEFI/Platform/kext_inject.h:10,
                 from /Users/dan/src/CloverBootloader/rEFIt_UEFI/Platform/kernel_patcher.cpp:14:
/Users/dan/src/CloverBootloader/rEFIt_UEFI/Platform/kernel_patcher.h:44: error: "SEG_TEXT" redefined [-Werror]
   44 | #define SEG_TEXT                            0x010f
      |
In file included from /Users/dan/src/CloverBootloader/rEFIt_UEFI/Platform/LoaderUefi.h:47,
                 from /Users/dan/src/CloverBootloader/rEFIt_UEFI/Platform/kernel_patcher.cpp:10:
/Users/dan/src/CloverBootloader/rEFIt_UEFI/Platform/MachO-loader.h:565: note: this is the location of the previous definition
  565 | #define SEG_TEXT "__TEXT" /* the tradition UNIX text segment */
      |
In file included from /Users/dan/src/CloverBootloader/rEFIt_UEFI/Platform/kext_inject.h:10,
/Users/dan/src/CloverBootloader/rEFIt_UEFI/Platform/kernel_patcher.h:46: error: "SEG_DATA" redefined [-Werror]
   46 | #define SEG_DATA                            0x0f0f
      |
In file included from /Users/dan/src/CloverBootloader/rEFIt_UEFI/Platform/LoaderUefi.h:47,
/Users/dan/src/CloverBootloader/rEFIt_UEFI/Platform/MachO-loader.h:574: note: this is the location of the previous definition
  574 | #define SEG_DATA "__DATA" /* the tradition UNIX data segment */
      |
cc1plus: all warnings being treated as errors
make: *** [/Users/dan/src/CloverBootloader/Build/Clover/RELEASE_GCC53/X64/rEFIt_UEFI/refit/OUTPUT/Platform/kernel_patcher.obj] Error 1

build.py...
 : error 7000: Failed to execute command
	make tbuild [/Users/dan/src/CloverBootloader/Build/Clover/RELEASE_GCC53/X64/rEFIt_UEFI/refit]

build.py...
 : error F002: Failed to build module
	/Users/dan/src/CloverBootloader/rEFIt_UEFI/refit.inf [X64, GCC53, RELEASE]

- Failed -
Build end time: 09:30:30, Apr.29 2020
Build total time: 00:00:49

dan@Dans-Mac-mini ~ % 

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, D-an-W said:

Can't seem to build the latest commit...

[CPP] StartupSound
[CPP] StateGenerator
[CPP] VersionString
[CPP] ati
[CPP] b64cdecode
[CPP] card_vlist
[CPP] cpu
[CPP] device_inject
[CPP] gma
[CPP] guid
[CPP] hda
/Users/dan/src/CloverBootloader/rEFIt_UEFI/Platform/kernel_patcher.h:44: error: "SEG_TEXT" redefined [-Werror]
   44 | #define SEG_TEXT                            0x010f
      |
/Users/dan/src/CloverBootloader/rEFIt_UEFI/Platform/MachO-loader.h:565: note: this is the location of the previous definition
  565 | #define SEG_TEXT "__TEXT" /* the tradition UNIX text segment */
      |
/Users/dan/src/CloverBootloader/rEFIt_UEFI/Platform/kernel_patcher.h:46: error: "SEG_DATA" redefined [-Werror]
   46 | #define SEG_DATA                            0x0f0f
      |
/Users/dan/src/CloverBootloader/rEFIt_UEFI/Platform/MachO-loader.h:574: note: this is the location of the previous definition
  574 | #define SEG_DATA "__DATA" /* the tradition UNIX data segment */
      |
cc1plus: all warnings being treated as errors
make: *** [/Users/dan/src/CloverBootloader/Build/Clover/RELEASE_GCC53/X64/rEFIt_UEFI/refit/OUTPUT/Platform/kernel_patcher.obj] Error 1

build.py...
	make tbuild [/Users/dan/src/CloverBootloader/Build/Clover/RELEASE_GCC53/X64/rEFIt_UEFI/refit]

build.py...
	/Users/dan/src/CloverBootloader/rEFIt_UEFI/refit.inf [X64, GCC53, RELEASE]

- Failed -
Build end time: 09:30:30, Apr.29 2020
Build total time: 00:00:49

dan@Dans-Mac-mini ~ % 

Same here with Xcode. 

Spoiler

[CPP] Settings
In file included from /Users/mathieu/src/Cloverbootloader/rEFIt_UEFI/Platform/kernel_patcher.cpp:14:
In file included from /Users/mathieu/src/Cloverbootloader/rEFIt_UEFI/Platform/kext_inject.h:10:
/Users/mathieu/src/Cloverbootloader/rEFIt_UEFI/Platform/kernel_patcher.h:44:9: error: 'SEG_TEXT' macro redefined [-Werror,-Wmacro-redefined]
#define SEG_TEXT                            0x010f
        ^
/Users/mathieu/src/Cloverbootloader/rEFIt_UEFI/Platform/MachO-loader.h:565:9: note: previous definition is here
#define SEG_TEXT        "__TEXT"        /* the tradition UNIX text segment */
        ^
In file included from /Users/mathieu/src/Cloverbootloader/rEFIt_UEFI/Platform/kernel_patcher.cpp:14:
In file included from /Users/mathieu/src/Cloverbootloader/rEFIt_UEFI/Platform/kext_inject.h:10:
/Users/mathieu/src/Cloverbootloader/rEFIt_UEFI/Platform/kernel_patcher.h:46:9: error: 'SEG_DATA' macro redefined [-Werror,-Wmacro-redefined]
#define SEG_DATA                            0x0f0f
        ^
/Users/mathieu/src/Cloverbootloader/rEFIt_UEFI/Platform/MachO-loader.h:574:9: note: previous definition is here
#define SEG_DATA        "__DATA"        /* the tradition UNIX data segment */
        ^
2 errors generated.
make: *** [/Users/mathieu/src/Cloverbootloader/Build/Clover/RELEASE_XCODE8/X64/rEFIt_UEFI/refit/OUTPUT/Platform/kernel_patcher.obj] Error 1

build.py...
    make tbuild [/Users/mathieu/src/Cloverbootloader/Build/Clover/RELEASE_XCODE8/X64/rEFIt_UEFI/refit]

build.py...
    /Users/mathieu/src/Cloverbootloader/rEFIt_UEFI/refit.inf [X64, XCODE8, RELEASE]

- Failed -

Edited by Matgen84

With version 5115, Ubuntu 20.04 won't start. I even had a couple of reboots while booting OSX, but once the NVram was reset, it started. On Linux I thought it was a problem with OcQuirks (as in the past) but it's not about that, and with Aptio the same thing happens. The machine is not in a freeze state, but the hard disk LED remains on steady and the system is blocked.
With version 5114, everything is fine with OcQuirck and Linux.

2 hours ago, netgear said:

With version 5115, Ubuntu 20.04 won't start. I even had a couple of reboots while booting OSX, but once the NVram was reset, it started. On Linux I thought it was a problem with OcQuirks (as in the past) but it's not about that, and with Aptio the same thing happens. The machine is not in a freeze state, but the hard disk LED remains on steady and the system is blocked.
With version 5114, everything is fine with OcQuirck and Linux.

I have Z390 and also Ubuntu 20.04, also with OcQuirks, and I have no issue.

Send me please your config.plist and ocquirks.plist to see if I can reproduce it with your settings.

Also, where does it hang exactly? grub menu loads? or grub doesn't load even?

Edited by Pene
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Matgen84 said:

Same here with Xcode. 

Reveal hidden contents

It was unfinished commit.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Slice said:

It was unfinished commit.

Thanks @Slice

I build successfully r5115 commit 93d6fb6. When I boot, stuck at:

EndRandomSeed

Maybe I make a mistake, but it seems there is no injection or another things.

Sorry  for my poor English :cry:

Edited by Matgen84

1 hour ago, Pene said:

I have Z390 and also Ubuntu 20.04, also with OcQuirks, and I have no issue.

Send me please your config.plist and ocquirks.plist to see if I can reproduce it with your settings.

Also, where does it hang exactly? grub menu loads? or grub doesn't load even?

Problem GRUB shimx64.efi

EFISTUB o grubx64.efi work!

7 minutes ago, netgear said:

Problem GRUB shimx64.efi

EFISTUB o grubx64.efi work!

I'm not sure what you are saying. 

You are using secure boot? shimx64.efi is for booting into grub with secure boot active.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, netgear said:

On a computer without Secure Boot (such as a Mac), launching shimx64.efi is just like launching grubx64.efi. 5114 shiimx64.efi work.

OK, I want to help, but give some details.

Do you have a custom entry that points to shimx64.efi? Also, what is the error exactly? Or it just hangs without loading grub?

Also, I tried to run shimx64.efi with Qemu/Ovmf, directly from shell (without Clover at all), and it hangs without any message and without loading grubx64.efi. And if I start grubx64.efi it loads successfully. I am not sure on what it depends really, but I bet it is related to some secure boot configuration / nvram variables.

Maybe the problem started because you reset Nvram and it may be looking for some variable which you had before?

I am highly doubtful that Clover effects this in any way. Maybe test again with previous Clover to get convinced it's not something related to your Nvram changes?

Edited by Pene

I replicated on another HDD, reset NVram, a custom Entries that points to shimx64.efi.
Versions 5114 and earlier launch.
The 5115 does not start, grubx64.efi or EFISTUB starts, does not stop, the disk runs continuously without stopping, it cannot load GRUB or tries to do it, ctrl, alt, cancel restarts.

2 minutes ago, vector sigma said:
  1. you need KernelXCPM=true733174577_Screenshot2020-04-29at20_42_00.png.f9b05f22e6d744cb54e33fade52c24a2.png 
  2. no other patches to the kernel for the same thing.

Let me check it should work with r5115 right?

And with Mojave?

would you mind to share a complete EFI config.plist?

53 minutes ago, jlcdgd said:

And with Mojave?

last patches are for Catalina, no one touched it for Mojave

Let me check it should work with r5115 right?

true but as I said Mojave is not involved and old patches should work as before.

would you mind to share a complete EFI config.plist?

Mine is a laptop with an i5 3210m and you will not found anything usefull for you. KernelAndKextPatches->KernelXCPM = true (as a boolean value) is the only needed thing among a supported mac model (smbios).

Edited by vector sigma

8 minutes ago, vector sigma said:
  1. you need KernelXCPM=true733174577_Screenshot2020-04-29at20_42_00.png.f9b05f22e6d744cb54e33fade52c24a2.png 
  2. no other patches to the kernel for the same thing.

Thanks a lot... It seems is working

How about Mojave?

Prefered parameters for BIOS?

Some other parameters in clover plist!

woooow really happy! Thanks again!

30 minutes ago, jlcdgd said:

Thanks a lot... It seems is working

you're welcome

How about Mojave?

already told you

Prefered parameters for BIOS?

set only ProductName and BoardSerialNumber....  and don't do any other thing (Clover knows what to do).

Some other parameters in clover plist!

no

woooow really happy! Thanks again!

happy for you :)

Edited by vector sigma

2 hours ago, netgear said:

I replicated on another HDD, reset NVram, a custom Entries that points to shimx64.efi.
Versions 5114 and earlier launch.
The 5115 does not start, grubx64.efi or EFISTUB starts, does not stop, the disk runs continuously without stopping, it cannot load GRUB or tries to do it, ctrl, alt, cancel restarts.

Well, according to my tests on Qemu, I observe this:

1) shimx64.efi works if it loads directly

2) shimx64.efi does NOT work and "hangs" in both cases:

- when started from Shell (shell starts directly from UEFI, without any Clover)

- when started from Clover. This is true also with older clover.

I am not sure why it hangs when it is not started directly.

You can test also, I am quite sure it will also not start from Shell for you as well.

What I don't understand is how it worked for you from older Clover, as it doesn't load even from shell. Maybe you had some nvram variables that are gone after the nvram reset, that made it work in the past.

Anyway, if you can find a way to make it work from shell, I may be able to help to make it work from clover.

EDIT: do you specify any load options for shimx64.efi in your custom entry?

Edited by Pene
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, vector sigma said:

you're welcome

already told you

set only ProductName and BoardSerialNumber....  and don't do any other thing (Clover knows what to do).

no

happy for you :)

Thanks again.

My BIOS question was about BIOS PARAMETERS LIKE:

EIST better enabled or disabled?

CPU C States (enabled in my case)

CPU C3 REPORT (enabled in my case)

CPU C6 REPORT (enabled in my case)

PACKAGE C STATE LIMIT (C6 (no retention) State-in my case)

:) Your solution works better in Catlina than Mojave with patches in my case.

Would you mind to list the Mojave patches just to double check they are right in my case?

It is very kind of you. Best wishes 

1 hour ago, jlcdgd said:

Would you mind to list the Mojave patches just to double check they are right in my case?

EIST enabled/disabled depend from your choice. I like it enabled, but if I was looking for performance probably I'll left it disabled... but as I said instead I like stability, low noise and so I want my cpu cooler as possible. Not sure what patches you need, but between mojave and catalina the patch is almost the same.... I've added only a patch to surpass a little if statement Apple added on top of the xcpm_boostrap() function in 10.15.4+ and bring back everythings as before, i.e no need to set a fake cpu id to deceive macOS but let cpus we know are already capable of work with xcpm.. doing it.

Edited by vector sigma
s

Entries GRUB + EFISTUB, for 20.04 Path e initrd.img \boot\

-

Spoiler

<dict>
                    <key>Disabled</key>
                    <false/>
                    <key>FullTitle</key>
                    <string>Ubuntu GRUB</string>
                    <key>Hidden</key>
                    <true/>
                    <key>Ignore</key>
                    <false/>
                    <key>Image</key>
                    <string>\EFI\CLOVER\themes\Buttons\icons\os_ubuntu.icns</string>
                    <key>Path</key>
                    <string>\EFI\ubuntu\shimx64.efi</string>
                    <key>Type</key>
                    <string>Linux</string>
                    <key>Volume</key>
                    <string>05B7CBBE-F484-4FED-90D2-93CDCA5552F4</string>
                    <key>VolumeType</key>
                    <string>Internal</string>
                </dict>
                <dict>
                    <key>Arguments</key>
                    <string>initrd=initrd.img quiet splash root=PARTUUID=E804AB32-8330-4A45-85AD-F7A8CD2D88DE ro</string>
                    <key>Disabled</key>
                    <false/>
                    <key>FullTitle</key>
                    <string>Ubuntu</string>
                    <key>Ignore</key>
                    <false/>
                    <key>Image</key>
                    <string>\EFI\CLOVER\themes\Buttons\icons\os_ubuntu.icns</string>
                    <key>Path</key>
                    <string>\vmlinuz</string>
                    <key>Type</key>
                    <string>Linux</string>
                    <key>Volume</key>
                    <string>E804AB32-8330-4A45-85AD-F7A8CD2D88DE</string>
                    <key>VolumeType</key>
                    <string>Internal</string>
                </dict>

• Like 1

Issues with 5115

I'd first ask if anyone has experienced issues with latest Xcode 14

The issue i'm actually having is : impossible boot clover after building 

yesterday i updated Xcode to last revision.

then updating also clover to 5115 build went fine no errors at all.

so i installed and tried to boot. BUT it didn't.

After selecting the volume it stay frozen at apple logo.

so to get an idea about the possible cause i went to clover releases and got the zipped file from there

replaced the boot files and it booted...

(only curious thing noticed, the size of BOOTX64 was a little more then 1mb, compared to old one around 920kb)

is this related to xcode or....? anyone else but me had this?

• Confused 1