Clover General discussion

ErmaC
30,111 posts in this topic

58 minutes ago, telepati said:

Guys I am starting to get this; What is it;

5ad512dbc7681_ScreenShot2018-04-17at00_13_52.png.e2058fe36ed5090f4ec38bb86394bf64.png

That app is a 32bit app and Apple, starting yesterday in 10.13.4, began showing that message when you run 32bit apps. They will end support for 32bit soon. IDK when. Maybe on 10.14.

Edited by el_charlie
  • Like 2

...well, I'm using clover , letting it configure smbios values automatically...can I inject only a serial number without creating an entire smbios.plist file?...without changing anything else hopefully  ...thx in advance... :smoke:

Edit: please forgive my sleep-deprived brain....this can be safely removed by moderators....

Edited by RobertX
realized I already had the solution at hand(clover)

7 hours ago, el_charlie said:

That app is a 32bit app and Apple, starting yesterday in 10.13.4, began showing that message when you run 32bit apps. They will end support for 32bit soon. IDK when. Maybe on 10.14.

Since now the CloverUpdater will be 64 bits application.

Will check others utilities.

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, SavageAUS said:

Working ok here 10.13.5 B1

Screen Shot 2018-04-17 at 11.46.40 pm.png

I made clean install last night after that I am starting to get this warning and not just for clover some Adobe Apps also show this warning. But, it's working. It just shows in the first opening. It does not show again.

1 hour ago, ellaosx said:

Hi

Is there a way in bdmesg to tell if clover has been booted in UEFI mode? Of course i can tell it myself, but im just curious in bdmesg. What string should i look for in bdmesg output?

Yes, near the start the log tells you the firmware vendor, CLOVEREFI is legacy booting, anything else is UEFI.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Sherlocks said:

@Cyberdevs

name issue is fixed on r4443

enjoy:)

Thanks a lot man :)

I have a question regarding the themes, whenever I update my clover the embedded theme will be installed automatically even thought I don't select the themes to be installed, I know that embedded theme is the default theme, so after each update I have to delete them manually, the question is: Is that possible to add a feature to the installer to disable the installation of the embedded theme specially when other themes are present in the "Themes" folder.

Let's say like: if the theme folder is not empty so the embedded theme shouldn't be installed otherwise it can and will be installed?

Edited by Cyberdevs
  • Like 2

44 minutes ago, Slice said:

The "embedded" word means that the theme is present inside binaries of CloverX64.efi. You can't delete it.

so if understand correctly the CloverX64.efi will check the themes folder and if the config.plist points out to a specific theme it will be loaded otherwise the "embedded" theme will be loaded automatically.

1 hour ago, Cyberdevs said:

so if understand correctly the CloverX64.efi will check the themes folder and if the config.plist points out to a specific theme it will be loaded otherwise the "embedded" theme will be loaded automatically.

embedded theme will be used automatically. There is no need to load it, it is already here.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Slice said:

embedded theme will be used automatically. There is no need to load it, it is already here.

What I'm saying is that the clover installer installs it anyway, regardless of wether it's being selected or not and you're saying that it's embedded in the CloverX64.efi so if the themes folder is empty it will be loaded from the CloverX64.efi. Right? 

These are some before/after screenshots just to illustrate more clear. 

Before.png

installer options.png

after.png

Edited by Cyberdevs
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Slice said:

The empty folder is needed to show the embedded theme in Clover prefPanel.

The embedded theme is never loaded. It is always here.

Ok, I see. Thanks for the explanations.

I have Clover 4392 installed and I am unable to boot in safe mode. I get the circle with a slash through it instead. I remember having issues with safe mode in previous Clover versions as well, but never really needed it to work until now. 

Should safe mode be working? Any tips on troubleshooting?

Attached is a picture of the contents of my drivers64UEFI folder. This is on an ASRock X299 board running 10.13.4.

Screen Shot 2018-04-21 at 10.18.11 AM.png

Edited by maleorderbride

11 hours ago, maleorderbride said:

I have Clover 4392 installed and I am unable to boot in safe mode. I get the circle with a slash through it instead. I remember having issues with safe mode in previous Clover versions as well, but never really needed it to work until now. 

Should safe mode be working? Any tips on troubleshooting?

Attached is a picture of the contents of my drivers64UEFI folder. This is on an ASRock X299 board running 10.13.4.

Screen Shot 2018-04-21 at 10.18.11 AM.png

Did you try o update Clover to latest r4439?

On 4/17/2018 at 7:28 PM, apianti said:

I have set up the SF wiki: https://sourceforge.net/p/cloverefiboot/wiki, if you are a member of the project you can already edit. If you would like to edit it please ask and I will give you permission to edit. Is there any one willing to port and update the wiki from here (https://clover-wiki.zetam.org/Home) ?

Up for https://sourceforge.net/p/cloverefiboot/wiki,

1 hour ago, ellaosx said:

I dont have a DSDT.aml. Why is it im getting Kernel panic if i use Clover's ACPI>DSDT>Fixes>FakeLPC

The rest of the Fixes bits are Ok. It does the same even i only select FakeLPC

The picture tells _DSM already exists.

The cure is common

DSDT->Binary patches-> find _DSM replace ZDSM.

• Thanks 1

One more thing Slice...

You have moved FixHeaders from ACPI>DSDT>Fixes to ACPI>DSDT, but Clover GUI thinks that it is still in ACP>DSDT>Fixes. This results to not being shown as enabled in GUI

Edited by ellaosx