Clover General discussion

ErmaC
30,111 posts in this topic

Just now, xtddd said:

mac os detects rx580 without any other kext and parameters and it displays name of radeon rx580 on 10.13.4.   please check disable internal graphic in bios

iGPU is already disable. I'll double check and see if it works without any injection.

• Like 1

@Cyberdevs, @xtddd,

Did you read the discussion I linked? Also did you read the second to last post about changing the count of output ports? Only the RX580 has the possibility of being detected correctly without injection but you should probably still use injection or WhateverGreen, are you using WhateverGreen? You'll probably get better results since it has more updated list of GPUs.

4 hours ago, Dr. Hurt said:

I have a strange issue that I'm not sure is related to clover.

In MacIASL, I have 2 FACS tables. I tried to have clover drop FACS with no difference.

Another possibly related issue. System POST takes very long after a shutdown from Mac. I tried RTC patch (binary and DSDT), but same. InsydeH2O legacy. Restart seems to work fine.

Dump your tables from clover and see what tables you actually have. Just use the regular iasl, https://github.com/acpica/acpica/releases, and edit with text editor. Also the FACS table can't be dropped as it is part of your firmware and needed (it contains the startup machine hardware signature, wakeup vector and global lock), so unsure what you're trying to do....

21 minutes ago, apianti said:

@Cyberdevs, @xtddd,

Did you read the discussion I linked? Also did you read the second to last post about changing the count of output ports? Only the RX580 has the possibility of being detected correctly without injection but you should probably still use injection or WhateverGreen, are you using WhateverGreen? You'll probably get better results since it has more updated list of GPUs.

Yes I did read the article and it was interesting, I changed the CFG_FB_LIMIT from 0 to 5 and I lost the acceleration and even though my GPU was detected correctly it only detected 7MB of memory.

This whole experiment for me is to determine whether the new release of macOS can fix the issue on AMD GPUs on hackintoshes or not with the help of the amazing clover bootloader of course.

WhateverGreen is doing a great job to resolve all the previous issues on AMD GPUs and it even activated the HDMI audio that's been missing in 10.13.4 beta versions but if and only if we can have more native support for AMD GPUs without having to go the extra mile to create a custom frame buffer or use a SSDT (which I couldn't get it to work with the 10.13.4 betas so far) or need to use extra kexts that would be interesting, don't you think?

29 minutes ago, apianti said:

Dump your tables from clover and see what tables you actually have. Just use the regular iasl, https://github.com/acpica/acpica/releases, and edit with text editor. Also the FACS table can't be dropped as it is part of your firmware and needed (it contains the startup machine hardware signature, wakeup vector and global lock), so unsure what you're trying to do....

This particular line caught my attention:

8:064  0:005        (Dsdt: AAFEF000, Facs: AAFBB000, XDsdt: AAFEF000, XFacs: AAFBB000)

I don't seem to be having any problems but it seemed strange to have the same table injected twice.

Attached: clover table dump

DumpLog.txt

Edited by Dr. Hurt
code boxes don't crunch long texts in new Forum

2 minutes ago, Cyberdevs said:

Yes I did read the article and it was interesting, I changed the CFG_FB_LIMIT from 0 to 5 and I lost the acceleration and even though my GPU was detected correctly it only detected 7MB of memory.

This whole experiment for me is to determine whether the new release of macOS can fix the issue on AMD GPUs on hackintoshes or not with the help of the amazing clover bootloader of course.

WhateverGreen is doing a great job to resolve all the previous issues on AMD GPUs and it even activated the HDMI audio that's been missing in 10.13.4 beta versions but if and only if we can have more native support for AMD GPUs without having to go the extra mile to create a custom frame buffer or use a SSDT (which I couldn't get it to work with the 10.13.4 betas so far) or need to use extra kexts that would be interesting, don't you think?

So then you should have gathered from the first post that only one specific RX580 can be detected correctly by macOS. And no, WhateverGreen basically does what clover does plus some extra stuff that is needed for specific GPUs. You should use it - Clover should actually get away from such specific injection as it's hard to maintain and breaks very easy. Which means that upgrading might break your entire boot, where something like WhateverGreen can be replaced with the previous version. Clover is starting to become more like a monolithic kernel and but should try to be a modular boot loader, the current code is not sustainable as it's scope is entirely too large. Also your card wasn't really working which is why you had connectors that didn't output, you would not have working sleep. Do you actually have 5 connectors or did you just set that because of the post?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Dr. Hurt said:

This particular line caught my attention:

I don't seem to be having any problems but it seemed strange to have the same table injected twice.

Attached: clover table dump

No, it's not injected twice. It's just in your firmware. If you look that is one table at the same address, Xsdt is 64bit, Rsdt is 32bit, only difference. I see no issues besides that you probably need to patch a lot of that stuff to get actually working PM, because VAIO's ACPI tables are among the worst.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, apianti said:

So then you should have gathered from the first post that only one specific RX580 can be detected correctly by macOS. And no, WhateverGreen basically does what clover does plus some extra stuff that is needed for specific GPUs. You should use it - Clover should actually get away from such specific injection as it's hard to maintain and breaks very easy. Which means that upgrading might break your entire boot, where something like WhateverGreen can be replaced with the previous version. Clover is starting to become more like a monolithic kernel and but should try to be a modular boot loader, the current code is not sustainable as it's scope is entirely too large. Also your card wasn't really working which is why you had connectors that didn't output, you would not have working sleep. Do you actually have 5 connectors or did you just set that because of the post?

No I didn't choose 5 because of the post my card actually has 5 ports 2 DP 2 HDMI and 1 DVI.

And yes I know that the post is talking about two specific cards which are different from mine, besides I don't want to change the VBIOS on my GPU at least not yet and as I mentioned earlier it's now working just fine and macOS detects it correctly if I use only 1DP and 1 HDMI port, I haven't tested two HDMI ports without injectATI yet but soon I'll test that too to see if it works or not without injecting ati with clover.

Edit: Sleep actually works, I don't know why you say it doesn't, I also tested two HDMI ports and they both work without InjectATI. The problem is with the DP connectors.

Edited by Cyberdevs

6 hours ago, Cyberdevs said:

No I didn't choose 5 because of the post my card actually has 5 ports 2 DP 2 HDMI and 1 DVI.

And yes I know that the post is talking about two specific cards which are different from mine, besides I don't want to change the VBIOS on my GPU at least not yet and as I mentioned earlier it's now working just fine and macOS detects it correctly if I use only 1DP and 1 HDMI port, I haven't tested two HDMI ports without injectATI yet but soon I'll test that too to see if it works or not without injecting ati with clover.

Edit: Sleep actually works, I don't know why you say it doesn't, I also tested two HDMI ports and they both work without InjectATI. The problem is with the DP connectors.

As long as you have the correct amount of connectors, that's all I was making sure. You need to patch the connectors in the driver in order for all of them to work, which then causes sleep issues without setting the correct connector count as well since it defaults to 6. Have you used Lilu+WhateverGreen? You haven't said, because pretty sure it will do all this for you automatically.

4 hours ago, apianti said:

As long as you have the correct amount of connectors, that's all I was making sure. You need to patch the connectors in the driver in order for all of them to work, which then causes sleep issues without setting the correct connector count as well since it defaults to 6. Have you used Lilu+WhateverGreen? You haven't said, because pretty sure it will do all this for you automatically.

Yes I've been using Lilu and WEG for macOS 10.13.3 but ever since 10.13.4 beta came out with the promising changes for the AMD GPUs I'm not using them. I have nothing against using WEG but in these tests I'd like to see how much macOS is changing in that regard.

With WhateverGreen everything is working as it should all the connectors are working (I haven't tested the DVI port).

I'll try to patch the connectors later and see if that gives me my DP's back or not.

Edited by Cyberdevs

12 hours ago, Cyberdevs said:

Yes I've been using Lilu and WEG for macOS 10.13.3 but ever since 10.13.4 beta came out with the promising changes for the AMD GPUs I'm not using them. I have nothing against using WEG but in these tests I'd like to see how much macOS is changing in that regard.

With WhateverGreen everything is working as it should all the connectors are working (I haven't tested the DVI port).

I'll try to patch the connectors later and see if that gives me my DP's back or not.

You don't seem to be understanding what I am saying. Your card will only work without injection of properties if it is the exact RX580 model that is used in the EGDK. Clover does not have proper injection for polaris (or after) cards. WhateverGreen properly injects the properties needed for the device. You need to use WhateverGreen. Clover CAN NOT inject the correct properties to get your card working because it doesn't even take several of them into account. In fact there really is no need for clover to even do any of this as the kext method is much better anyway and allows the device to be setup properly in the OS as well, which is something clover can never do.

10 hours ago, apianti said:

You don't seem to be understanding what I am saying. Your card will only work without injection of properties if it is the exact RX580 model that is used in the EGDK. Clover does not have proper injection for polaris (or after) cards. WhateverGreen properly injects the properties needed for the device. You need to use WhateverGreen. Clover CAN NOT inject the correct properties to get your card working because it doesn't even take several of them into account. In fact there really is no need for clover to even do any of this as the kext method is much better anyway and allows the device to be setup properly in the OS as well, which is something clover can never do.

I totally understand what you are saying and thanks for the explanations anyway.

Does anyone know if it's possible to get UIScaling on the Clover boot selection screen as well as on Stage 1 and Stage 2 loading? I have a 4k monitor and at the moment the icons and text on the clover boot screen are tiny as they appear at the native resolution of 3840x2160. I am running on full UEFI mode. Thanks!

38 minutes ago, dgsga said:

Does anyone know if it's possible to get UIScaling on the Clover boot selection screen as well as on Stage 1 and Stage 2 loading? I have a 4k monitor and at the moment the icons and text on the clover boot screen are tiny as they appear at the native resolution of 3840x2160. I am running on full UEFI mode. Thanks!

Add the code below to the config.plist. But it only affects the Apple boot logo.

<key>BootGraphics</key>
	<dict>
		<key>UIScale</key>
		<integer>2</integer>
	</dict>

As far as I know, clover does not support UI Scaling, you need to create your own theme with enlarged icons or try this theme

UHDTheme.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hello people :) I hope this is the right place to post this. Clover bootloader isn't detecting the installer of the latest macOS High Sierra, v. 10.13.4. I haven't found any discussion about this in the forum, so I thought of asking.

12 minutes ago, omarelhajj1 said:

Hello people :) I hope this is the right place to post this. Clover bootloader isn't detecting the installer of the latest macOS High Sierra, v. 10.13.4. I haven't found any discussion about this in the forum, so I thought of asking.

https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/forums/topic/333560-macos-high-sierra-10134-is-out/?page=3

Fred

Edited by FredWst
  • Thanks 1

I have successfully installed high saw on the Asus X540LA, but I can only start with the USB installation, since the clover disk does not start the system due to problems of EFI controllers. I leave images of the error I have tried several configurations and I can not make it start, I have these drivers EFI 

HFSPlus.efi + OsxfatbinaryDrv-64.efi +OsxAptiofixDrv-64.efi + emuVariableDrv.efi + slice=0adlxqv.jpgix8qr5.jpg

Edited by Bernardo415

Install macOS High Sierra.app    (10.13.4) Create Install Media

This installer paths   "\\.IABootFiles\\boot.efi"  is change by Apple

See blue line for new path

// OS X installer paths

STATIC CHAR16 *OSXInstallerPaths[] = {

L"\\Mac OS X Install Data\\boot.efi",

L"\\macOS Install Data\\boot.efi",

L"\\macOS Install Data\\Locked Files\\Boot Files\\boot.efi",

L"\\OS X Install Data\\boot.efi",

L"\\.IABootFiles\\boot.efi",

L "\\System\\Library\\CoreServices\\boot.efi"   ⬅︎ new Path

};

Edited by chris1111

22 minutes ago, chris1111 said:

Install macOS High Sierra.app    (10.13.4) Create Install Media

This installer paths   "\\.IABootFiles\\boot.efi"  is change by Apple

See blue line for new path

// OS X installer paths

STATIC CHAR16 *OSXInstallerPaths[] = {

L"\\Mac OS X Install Data\\boot.efi",

L"\\macOS Install Data\\boot.efi",

L"\\macOS Install Data\\Locked Files\\Boot Files\\boot.efi",

L"\\OS X Install Data\\boot.efi",

L"\\.IABootFiles\\boot.efi"

L "\\System/Libray/CoreSevices\\boot.efi"   ⬅︎ new Path

};

Just FYI, UEFI uses backslashes like DOS/Windows, not Unix style:

L"\\System\\Library\\CoreServices\\boot.efi"

Is the correct formatting.

Edited by ReddestDream

2 minutes ago, ReddestDream said:

Just FYI, UEFI uses backslashes like DOS/Windows, not Unix style:

L"\\System\\Library\\CoreServices\\boot.efi"

Is the correct formatting.

Yes  typo 

5 minutes ago, ReddestDream said:

Not to nitpick again, but "Libray" and "CoreSevices" are also missing "r"s . . . "Library" and "CoreServices"

This is correct ?

L "\\System\\Library\\CoreServices\\boot.efi" 

Edited by chris1111