Clover General discussion

ErmaC
30,155 posts in this topic

Sure, I install Clover to SD-Card with options just like the following picture.

attachicon.gifpic.png

Tested in my 32bit only netbook and desktop PC with 64bit function.

My netbook and desktop PC stuck in only word "3" on monitor.

But, when I boot desktop PC in 64bit by pressing 6 and it boot OK.

Replace, please, these files. It's my working installation.

Clover32-2516.zip

EDITED.

SD_Card??? Is it worked anytime?

You may test with this replacement for boot file, just rename

boot4-BiosBlockIO-32.zip

hi, i boot uefi only clover without scripts on asrock m/b (clover 2512, amibios pm patched) with OsxFatBinaryDrv-64.efi and OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi

and i want to see if nvram works ok (read/write).

If i press the sound volume up/down keys and have it at 3 square volume and then restart, the sound volume doesnt change it remains at 3 level after boot, and i want to ask : the volume value is stored in nvram? cause when i nvram -p its always SystemAudioVolume 0

now if i store a value sudo nvram testvar=test and then nvram -p is there but after boot it isnt.

its best to install only the rc scripts? or i must install the scripts and EmuVariableUefi-64.efi ?

thank you 

hi, i boot uefi only clover without scripts on asrock m/b (clover 2512, amibios pm patched) with OsxFatBinaryDrv-64.efi and OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi

and i want to see if nvram works ok (read/write).

If i press the sound volume up/down keys and have it at 3 square volume and then restart, the sound volume doesnt change it remains at 3 level after boot, and i want to ask : the volume value is stored in nvram? cause when i nvram -p its always SystemAudioVolume0

now if i store a value sudo nvram testvar=test and then nvram -p is there but after boot it isnt.

its best to install only the rc scripts? or i must install the scripts and EmuVariableUefi-64.efi ?

thank you

As testvar is absent then you really need EmuVariableUefi + scripts.

But volume is not related to SystemAudioVolume. There are System preferences for this.

And may be audio chip keep his level between reboots.

alright i'm not lucky with nvram, i'll install both scripts + EmuVariableUefi otherwise Clover works very good with this setup asrock b85m-itx /4670cpu ,

it detects the system as imac14,2 and i inject alc892 layout, intel hd4600 and usb stuff without dsdt and sleep/wake/restart/shutdown works , usb3 and 2 works without kernel panics and errors (i didnt test the speed of usb 3.0),maybe its not perfect and needs some dsdt editing but at this state you can do everything without errors,  great work :)

[general it was a very easy setup to get going with clover except one thing : the bios cant see the EFI partition as bootable UEFI whatever you do! (error on boot: not system disk error),

i thought i was doing something wrong and even remade it with gparted but at the end it boots only if you make EFI/Microsoft/Boot/Bootmgfw.efi (the renamed copy of BOOTX64.efi),

now in bios it says that its windows boot manager but it boots and works.

After that i installed uefi win 8,1 on remaining space of hdd and now bios see 2 <windows boot manager>, you change thru bios to boot the Clover one and after that Clover boots windows 8 EFI boot manager and OSX fine and all works, for anyone with similar problem...] 

Yes, 

"-v" because you choose non-standard boot (press Space). We decided that you should see what is happen.

slide=0 is obligatory key, added automatically. 

Well, on my main rig I'm also using Clover (same revision and it doesn't show -v or slide=0 in boot args even if using the Space-key menu

Pressing F8 early while Clover is loading stops at the DUET screen. 

May I recommend disabling (or changing) this so that F8 only brings up the Clover GUI.

It can be a bit challenging to hit F8 at the right moment before Clover boots the OS when timeout is set to 0.

Pressing F8 early while Clover is loading stops at the DUET screen. 

May I recommend disabling (or changing) this so that F8 only brings up the Clover GUI.

It can be a bit challenging to hit F8 at the right moment before Clover boots the OS when timeout is set to 0.

Did you tried some arrow keys???

It's better than press any other key to bring Clover's GUI...

No, I meant the Clover menu...

Pressing any key during boot (F8, arrows, space bar...etc) still loads the DUET menu instead of Clover.

I work around that by waiting a few seconds before pressing any key to get into Clover instead of DUET.

No, I meant the Clover menu...

Pressing any key during boot (F8, arrows, space bar...etc) still loads the DUET menu instead of Clover.

I work around that by waiting a few seconds before pressing any key to get into Clover instead of DUET.

This happens sometimes while Legacy booting, the trick is only press a key (arrow or any other)

after the boot file be loaded, for example, with legacy boot, we will see an underscore and if

Clover's boot file is loaded we'll see an number 6 (for 64bit) and just after an blinking

underscore at the top left corner of the screen... This is the time to press some key...

If you press before the number 6 appear, you will get DUET's menu...

Yes, there is a small period when you can press a key to enter DUET menu. 

In this case you may navigate to CloverX64.efi to start it. Or to Shell.efi, or any other efi application.

Hi, Slice.

It is sad that the latest installer rev.2525 won't boot again.

I don't know what is going on......  :(

Replace boot file. Other will be new revision.

I don't know yet what is happen with boot-32 generation. Probably EDK2 sources changed bad.

Old version of boot is OK because there is no visible changes. All changes are made into Clover{xxx}.efi

Replace boot file. Other will be new revision.

I don't know yet what is happen with boot-32 generation. Probably EDK2 sources changed bad.

Old version of boot is OK because there is no visible changes. All changes are made into Clover{xxx}.efi

Roger that.

It seems that this is the only way at right now.

Hope it will fix soon,thanks for reply.   :)

Means it's already been answered a million times - look for the answer......

Million of time!!  Mavericks just coming out couple mounts a go with  and the same time  with the HD4600  support 

So I dont think million Guys try HD4600 with clover .

I have not seen anyone !

do you have  a Tutorial for that because ?I am searching  on the WEB I see  nothing about that 

And if you have the answer why you telling me look for this answer  ?

Million of time!!  Mavericks just coming out couple mounts a go with  and the same time  with the HD4600  support 

So I dont think million Guys try HD4600 with clover .

I have not seen anyone !

do you have  a Tutorial for that because ?I am searching  on the WEB I see  nothing about that 

And if you have the answer why you telling me look for this answer  ?

The better place to find what you want is at Clover's Wiki...

Read carefully here > http://clover-wiki.zetam.org/Configuration/Graphics

And if you need to add IMEI, here http://clover-wiki.zetam.org/Configuration/ACPI

And here > http://clover-wiki.zetam.org/Configuration/Devices

But you need to read... Without reading you will not find anything...

The better place to find what you want is at Clover's Wiki...

Read carefully here > http://clover-wiki.zetam.org/Configuration/Graphics

And if you need to add IMEI, here http://clover-wiki.zetam.org/Configuration/ACPI

And here > http://clover-wiki.zetam.org/Configuration/Devices

But you need to read... Without reading you will not find anything...

ok thanks but I read this wiki and I see   nothing about HD4600  just about the  ig platform -id  (hd4000)

telling me  if I am wrong 

EDIT-- Do you have one post with someone fix this issue ?