Clover General discussion

ErmaC
30,155 posts in this topic

I did as you suggested and removed everything USB except my Apple keyboard (and a mouse attached to it via BT dongle). But same symptoms. Btw: I started with Chameleon and there sleep works fine (but rather slow). So it seems it could be something specific to Clover? And maybe also due to the fact that I haver a newer X79 revision? (which also apparently causes the trouble regarding the missing USB2 ports) With USB3 I never had any problems. I use the kext you mentioned and it works just fine.

Unfortunately, I still cannot get sleep to work at all, even with new Clover and new patching methods.

So, I REALLY could need some help now!

What happens is that when I invoke sleep, Monitor goes dark, but the machine is not able to completely shut down. Fans still spinning, and the power light is not blinking (like it should when entering sleep). The only way to get out of this is to press the power button for some seconds and do a hard reset ... ouch.

Also tried a LOT of different patch masks - with both new and old style - but no dice.

I would really appreciate some help, as this is making me slowly mad :/

I am on a R4E with 4930K. Also seems like I have a slightly newer revision of the X79 chipset, not sure if this will cause the problems. Also do not see all USB ports, and the former DSDT patch to fix this seems not to work anymore with the new way.

So what patches are needed for my config? Again, I would really really really appreciate any insights as I don't know what to do.

What kind of sleep problem do you have? Don't switch off, don't wake up, or something else?

Sleep problem is very complex

1. Wrong DSDT

2. Wrong speedstep

3. Wrong ATI connector patch

I also implemented one key that helps me: HaltEnabler=true.

Hi Slice and Apianti.

I admit that my mobo  Z77 has the same problem as frankiee since the first day using Clover. It happens only when booting UEFI. most of the times sleep/wake works just fine if I invoke sleep manually.  When auto-sleep, then the display goes black-out as usual but fans and hdd keep working endlessly (have to hard reboot). Some times it goes to sleep but wake with no video signal by itself after a period of time. In fact, it has no problem with shutdown/restart or reboot after wake. HaltEnabler=true didn't help here.

When booting legacy, sleep/wake (manual/auto) work flawlessly using same config/DSDT/SSDT/patches as when booting UEFI. 

@fusion71au, as you get a BCD error, it's probably solvable somehow. That would mean that your system is successfully back into using BIOS access, but from some reason the boot manager can't find the partition. Perhaps it's related to your dual GUID/MBR scheme? I'm not sure, I never used that scheme on a PC. About the hang without any output at all, there's usually not much to be done (unless the replacement boot file helps).

Hi Pene, you were indeed correct about the BCD error being solvable :) .

When I actually installed clover into the EFI partition of the hard drive, clover correctly passed booting to the Windows Bootmgr and Windows 7 X64 was able to boot normally.

The BCD error previously occurred trying to boot the Windows partition of my hybrid mbr disk from my clover fat32 USB booter.

I just wanted to let others know of this particular quirk.

• Like 1

Hi guys,

I have one more question regarding the ...

AddPNLF_1000000
... Patch. Can I use this value with every Monitor, or is this a Laptop only Patch? I'm asking, because I can use every key on my Apple Keyborad, except the brightness control keys.

Yes, you can. I found this patch is useful for my desktop. It resolves sleep problem strangely enough

You legacy booting or uefi? What clover drivers are you using if uefi? Do all your usb ports work inside clover? Ie can your keyboard/mouse work in any port, also please unplug bt if possible.

Booting UEFI, dual UEFI (with win 8.1) to be precise. Clover is the latest version now, and these (UEFI64) drivers are installed:

EmuVariableUefi-64.efi, FSInject-64.efi, OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi, OsxFatBinaryDrv-64.efi, VBoxHfs-64.efi

All ports work, as long as I use my DSDT fix (or some special "old school" DSDT mask). Must try without BT dongle, using a normal mouse, but I don't think it will be much better then.

What kind of sleep problem do you have? Don't switch off, don't wake up, or something else?

Sleep problem is very complex

1. Wrong DSDT

2. Wrong speedstep

3. Wrong ATI connector patch

I also implemented one key that helps me: HaltEnabler=true.

Seems like the machine cannot go completely into sleep mode, ie fans are still spinning, powerlight is on (not blinking). Monitor goes black, but machine does not power down completely.

When in this state, also machine cannot wake up. Only pressing the power button for some seconds helps then to power the machine off. Shutdown / Restart seems to be OK though.

CPU PM still does not work anyway, as I have a 4930K, so no speedstep for me (always at 34x)

I use NVIDIA GPU, not ATI. Problem is the same if I use my DSDT, or no (custom) DSDT at all.

@ Frankiee...please only for curiosity ...wich rev bios have you ?

Newest BIOS, must be 4503 or something

I admit that my mobo  Z77 has the same problem as frankiee since the first day using Clover. It happens only when booting UEFI. most of the times sleep/wake works just fine if I invoke sleep manually.  When auto-sleep, then the display goes black-out as usual but fans and hdd keep working endlessly (have to hard reboot). Some times it goes to sleep but wake with no video signal by itself after a period of time. In fact, it has no problem with shutdown/restart or reboot after wake. HaltEnabler=true didn't help here.

Sounds similar to my problem. But the difference is that I have these problem with either automatic or manual sleep, and it always fails, not just sometimes. Halt Enabler also did nothing useful for me.

Booting UEFI, dual UEFI (with win 8.1) to be precise. Clover is the latest version now, and these (UEFI64) drivers are installed:

EmuVariableUefi-64.efi, FSInject-64.efi, OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi, OsxFatBinaryDrv-64.efi, VBoxHfs-64.efi

All ports work, as long as I use my DSDT fix (or some special "old school" DSDT mask). Must try without BT dongle, using a normal mouse, but I don't think it will be much better then.

Seems like the machine cannot go completely into sleep mode, ie fans are still spinning, powerlight is on (not blinking). Monitor goes black, but machine does not power down completely.

When in this state, also machine cannot wake up. Only pressing the power button for some seconds helps then to power the machine off. Shutdown / Restart seems to be OK though.

CPU PM still does not work anyway, as I have a 4930K, so no speedstep for me (always at 34x)

I use NVIDIA GPU, not ATI. Problem is the same if I use my DSDT, or no (custom) DSDT at all.

Newest BIOS, must be 4503 or something

Sounds similar to my problem. But the difference is that I have these problem with either automatic or manual sleep, and it always fails, not just sometimes. Halt Enabler also did nothing useful for me.

The problem is in your DSDT.

Also. Did you use NullCPUPM? It prevents sleep.

Which DSDT? Both the System DSDT as well as the patched one do not work, ie not sleep properly. Don't use NullCPUPM.

Making good DSDT is a subject of a big part of the forum. If your patched DSDT doesn't make you sleep means these patches are not enough.

Hi,
...first of all: You might think thats quite easy or why are you asking for help to do that, BUT in my situation this is kinda impossible. Here is why:

I have clover bootloader working perfectly fine on a 8gb usb formatted MBR and fat. I can boot from it (even though i get artifacts) and therefore i thought i could migrate from chameleon. So i installed clover on my HD for UEFI bios and the EFI partition was mounted. Then i copied the config.plist that was working with usb and replaced the one in EFI. *reboot* Surprisingly, not clover but chameleon bootloader showed up. I've tried the whole process more than twice and other settings, also copied all of the files from usb but no luck...

I ended up with boot1: error

My hard drive is formatted GPT. What am i doing wrong, am i missing any steps?!
If you cant help me with that, do you know why i get graphics artifacts? My graphics card is Intel HD Graphics 3000.
Thank you in advance  :)

Hi,

...first of all: You might think thats quite easy or why are you asking for help to do that, BUT in my situation this is kinda impossible. Here is why:

I have clover bootloader working perfectly fine on a 8gb usb formatted MBR and fat. I can boot from it (even though i get artifacts) and therefore i thought i could migrate from chameleon. So i installed clover on my HD for UEFI bios and the EFI partition was mounted. Then i copied the config.plist that was working with usb and replaced the one in EFI. *reboot* Surprisingly, not clover but chameleon bootloader showed up. I've tried the whole process more than twice and other settings, also copied all of the files from usb but no luck...

I ended up with boot1: error

My hard drive is formatted GPT. What am i doing wrong, am i missing any steps?!

If you cant help me with that, do you know why i get graphics artifacts? My graphics card is Intel HD Graphics 3000.

Thank you in advance  :)

Hi.

To do UEFI boot  u need to select uefi boot option in bios not legacy one.

boot1: error means that u boot legacy...

Selecting UEFI:   https://www.dropbox.com/s/xod4gtkt7akqayv/Foto%2025.12.13%2010%2039%2013.jpg

Selecting legacy: boot1: error

This picture shows that you select legacy boot in BIOS. It is not UEFI boot.

For legacy boot the message boot1:error means that you didn't update PBR sector to Clover's one. This sector boot1 from Chameleon is not working for Clover.

Hi Slice and Apianti.

When booting legacy, sleep/wake (manual/auto) work flawlessly using same config/DSDT/SSDT/patches as when booting UEFI.

I think I have narrowed down the causes. USB 3.0 things don't work properly in UEFI. After disabling USB3.0 controller in bios, auto-sleep starts working today. I just don't understand why they are good when bios booting.

Making good DSDT is a subject of a big part of the forum. If your patched DSDT doesn't make you sleep means these patches are not enough.

And how can I actually find out what's causing the problems? Any hints appreciated, since I do not much about DSDT.

@ Frankiee ...listen me ...try to flash bios ...returne on 4206

4503 ...not good

Cannot return to 4206, since I have Ivy-E. Just saw that there is a new 4701 BIOS out, and I installed that. But now, my clover partition does not show up anymore!!! Also tried to reinstall clover. So what is that now?

I have to say I begin to really hate my mobo. Nothing but problems. Do you think I should get another one?