6970... I will go crazy!

blak24

5 posts in this topic

Hello everybody, I'll try to explain with few words...

I have an ati hd6970. I tried to install iAtkos L2, but when the installation finishes and it reboot automatically, it says "Unsupported Card!", then I see the apple logo, then the screen turns white/gray with the mouse pointer... nothing else... I tried reinstalling using different packages (such as ATY_init, I think this is more or less the name), but nothing changed. with ATY_init I only had a black screen and nothing else. searching at home I found and old (very old) ati X1300, which seemed to be compatible with Snow Leopard, it will be compatible also with Lion I said. so I mounted it on my mobo, having two video cards (both the 6970 and the X1300), I reinstalled iAtkos and now it shows the message in the attached image... have you got any idea on HOW see the Lion desktop? (if I could boot fine almost once I could try to install Netkas packages to try to get the 6970 working...).

If I buy, for example, a supported video card, such as an nVidia 8600GTS, and I install it removing the X1300 (so I would have both the 6970 and the 8600gts installed at the same time), will the system boot up or I'll get the same errors? the problem is that I don't know if Lion will try to use the 6970 or the 8600GTS instead... thank you guys, hope someone could help me :(

post-584062-0-80834000-1343314361_thumb.jpg

Test with to change out video port:VGA:DVI :thumbsup_anim:

with white/grey desktop and mouse, try turning monitor off and back on or unplugging it and back in. And as HUSBABER said, try using the DVI port instead as it may be a port detection issue or trying to show an extended dual monitor setup when there isn't one. If that don't work, try booting with -x to see if you can get to desktop that way. 6870 would work fine but don't know about getting 6970 fully working. Also if you use anything from Netkas, verify it's intended for hackintosh as a lot of the stuff is for running PC graphics cards on a real MacPro

with white/grey desktop and mouse, try turning monitor off and back on or unplugging it and back in. And as HUSBABER said, try using the DVI port instead as it may be a port detection issue or trying to show an extended dual monitor setup when there isn't one. If that don't work, try booting with -x to see if you can get to desktop that way. 6870 would work fine but don't know about getting 6970 fully working. Also if you use anything from Netkas, verify it's intended for hackintosh as a lot of the stuff is for running PC graphics cards on a real MacPro

ok I will try this. I made some tries in the past few hours... I unplugged completely any discrete VGA in my PC (so both the X1300 and the 6970), so Lion had to boot forcedly with the intel HD3000 integrated VGA in my i5 2500k. then I could see Lion desktop. although this, the VGA was identified with "unknown" and the only resolution I could use was 1024x768. Then I tried to reinstall the HD6970, and, although I try to force the boot with the iGPU from BIOS (iGPU should be the integrated GPU in the 2500k), Lion always try to use the 6970, giving a blank screen with the mouse pointer...

EDIT: no way.. tried to boot with DVI instead of displayport, tried to boot with -x but still nothing... always a blank screen with the mouse pointer (but at the correct resolution 1920x1080)