Installing JaS 10.4.6, having restart/bootup issues

unitedistand

7 posts in this topic

I've encountered an interesting problem.

I've instaled Jas 10.4.6 dvd ISO. Immediately after the install of OSX is finished and it goes to restart, I get OS X's Throbber atop the desktop and that's as far as it will go. I've waited for a day to see if a length of time would help, but nothing happens. I get no harddrive/dvd-rom activity, no mouse/keyboard activity seems to do anything. I've tried entering in cpus=1 into the startup console, still with no success.

I installed the AMD Base system with sse2 and sse3 patches, which were inclued on the dvd at install.

Also, after manually restarting, nothing happens after the POST, as if no bootloader had been installed. also, after going into the startup disk section of the utilities, the OSX setup doesn't reccognise any boot information on the harddrive, only what's on the dvd.

Installation specs:

Asus A8N-SLI w/ nVidia nForce4 chipset

AMD athlon-64 x2 4600+

4096 mb DDR333 ram

160 gb UDMA ata-100 harddrive

HP Lightscribe dvd+-r/rw/cd-rw combo drive

Help would greatly be appriciated.

oh come on.... that's not helping...

again, not only will it NOT boot, but it won't restart after it gets to the part where it's supposed to after it does the optimization.... again, I get the throbber and that's it for the setup. It gets stuck on the resetting section after the install and it WON'T boot.

I'm really in need of help here.

Installed both the sse2 and sse3 patches and the combo patch, the 10.4.6 SemjaZa's V1.2 AMD Decrypts patches, and the amd base system, then reinstalled with the same things minus the sse2 patch, both trying with the 1 and 2 cpu options.

I'm almost begging for help here as it seems that noone else is seeming to have this sort've problem.

• 1 month later...