[SOLVED]how do you change background color in about this mac?

3 posts in this topic

Hi, all

As titled, I would like to know how to change the background color of about this mac.

As you can see the attachment, I changed to Apple default logo, but the background color of hazard remains the same. How do you change that?

Please help.

Thanks in advance.

post-564408-1309552898_thumb.png

Hi, all

As titled, I would like to know how to change the background color of about this mac.

As you can see the attachment, I changed to Apple default logo, but the background color of hazard remains the same. How do you change that?

Please help.

Thanks in advance.

Hi todesto,

I had this same problem awhile ago. It's an easy fix.

Right click on Finder in the Dock and click on "Go to folder". Paste this in there "/System/Library/CoreServices/loginwindow.app/Contents/Resources". Drag the folder "AboutThisMac.nib" (in the attachment) into the window that pops up, then log out, and back in. You should have the regular About This Mac window back.

AboutThisMac.nib.rar

• Like 3

Hi todesto,

I had this same problem awhile ago. It's an easy fix.

Right click on Finder in the Dock and click on "Go to folder". Paste this in there "/System/Library/CoreServices/loginwindow.app/Contents/Resources". Drag the folder "AboutThisMac.nib" (in the attachment) into the window that pops up, then log out, and back in. You should have the regular About This Mac window back.

THANK YOU SO MUCH!

It worked! I finally have a system that I want. :(