SpeedStepper (now supports Mountain Lion 10.8.3)

flAked

574 posts in this topic

I'm at a loss too. Since you say it worked properly under Lion maybe they changed something else in the code. We may just have to wait until ML gets close to final release and people smarter than us figure it out.

I think something has changed ... For example, I noticed that the structure of IOPlatformPluginFamily.kext in Mountain Lion was changed, as in the "plugins" folder there are 4 or 5 kexts ... and not only ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin.kext as before.

Hi guys Im using 10.7.3 right now and sleep/wake up doesnt work? I read all 22 pages but what do you talking about I dont understand anything. You talking ababout like different language. In all pages have bunch off codes. How to work sleep/wake?

Is it so hard to upload original untouched AICPUPM.kext here, people? Or maybe someone has already patched it for i3-2310m?

Is there any way to make a patcher like the one I believe oldnapalm uploaded, except it only patches the first time so it can be run multiple times?

You also have i3-2310m and 10.8? Can you upload your patched AICPUPM.kext here?

I have found an easy method to patch Asus bios for speed stepping. You just need AMIAptioTool to identify the 2 CpuPei modules, extract them. Then do a search and replace on the two modules with a hex editor (all credits to DHP for this fix):

800018EB050D0080
to
000018EB050D0000 

There should only be one instance of this string in each module.

Then use the tool to replace the existing modules with the patched ones. Voila! Now I found that the AptioTool will work on 4Mb EFI bioses (such as the P8P67M-Pro) but not the new 8Mb ones (such as the Gene-Z). So I use Phoenixtools to replace the patched modules (it has an option to pause the patching so you can replace original modules in the DUMP directory with patched ones. This has worked for me on all bios variants for the P8P67M-Pro and Maximus IV Gene-Z.

REMEMBER that patching a bios is a risky business, so do so at you own risk.

Hi,

Asus just released a new bios for the Z68 Deluxe version 3203 and I have bios 706 I patched myself according to the instructions but with 3203 theres a glitch in that I can't find that hex string anymore in 3203 like I did in 706 and the CPUPEI file is now 14 kb smaller! Is this not possible anymore? Would substituting the cpupei modules from 706 in 3203 be a bad idea? Not that I feel like that taking that chance!

Thanks.

Note: Feel like leaving the bios alone as I feel lucky that I was able to patch it before...

Hi, Asus just released a new bios for the Z68 Deluxe version 3203 and I have bios 706 I patched myself according to the instructions but with 3203 theres a glitch in that I can't find that hex string anymore in 3203 like I did in 706 and the CPUPEI file is now 14 kb smaller! Is this not possible anymore? Would substituting the cpupei modules from 706 in 3203 be a bad idea? Not that I feel like that taking that chance! Thanks. Note: Feel like leaving the bios alone as I feel lucky that I was able to patch it before...

Sorry but ...you need a this bios 3203 ?

Wich problem have you with 0706 ?

Try 0902 , this is a edited bios

http://www.sendspace.com/file/fjsf0f

Sorry but ...you need a this bios 3203 ?

Wich problem have you with 0706 ?

Try 0902 , this is a edited bios

http://www.sendspace.com/file/fjsf0f

Well version 3203 promises improved memory compatibility and system stability where as 902 just has updated cpu microcode so no benefit going with 902. So I either stay with 706 or give up OSX hackintosh for Windows with 3203 unless I can figure out how to edit 3203...

Thanks.

Well version 3203 promises improved memory compatibility and system stability where as 902 just has updated cpu microcode so no benefit going with 902. So I either stay with 706 or give up OSX hackintosh for Windows with 3203 unless I can figure out how to edit 3203...

Thanks.

but what happens to you in windows, does not have stability of what, the cpu?

I'm following the guide from Lion and on. I used ###### to install and that part was a breeze, but when I get to part for speed stepper I get this:

SpeedStepper v1.2 - © flAked 2011

for AICPUPM v167.0.0 - Lion 10.7.2

unable to open file, try running as root

: Is a directory

I'm running the file from the desktop. If anyone could please help or tell me where I'm going wrong it would be tremendously appreciated!!

Thanks in advance!

Thanks man! I don't understand what the difference is between this: sudo ./speedstepper /System/Library/Extensions/ AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext/Contents/MacOS/ AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement and what you posted.

Aren't they the same thing other than that yours is abbreviated?

Script updated to work with 10.8 DP2 which is non-fat

Thanks, but isn't working for me:

perl AICPMPatch.pl /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement

/System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement

arch: x86_64

file is already patched or untested version

Running OSX 10.8 DP2.

Hope you can help.

Thanks!

It works with my file, post details of yours.

size: 183072

md5: edd4a473e22d6aedcb2f77bfc9196e9a

found wrmsr at 9bf5, patched

found wrmsr at a487, patched

found wrmsr at a512, patched

found wrmsr at a55f, patched

found wrmsr at a68f, patched

found wrmsr at a9ac, patched

found wrmsr at b3fe, patched

found wrmsr at b6f1, patched

found wrmsr at 119f3, patched

found wrmsr at 12e8f, patched

Script updated to work with 10.8 DP2 which is non-fat

Works fine for me. Thanks!

Thanks, but isn't working for me:

perl AICPMPatch.pl /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement

/System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement

file is already patched or untested version

Running OSX 10.8 DP2.

Hope you can help.

Thanks!

You need to have otool. Try installing Xcode on Lion.

Kernel panic when removing NullCPU.

Seems to patch but kernel panic, screenshot after the break:

sudo perl AICPMPatch.pl /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement 

found wrmsr at 9bf5
found wrmsr at a487
found wrmsr at a512
found wrmsr at a55f
found wrmsr at a68f
found wrmsr at a9ac
found wrmsr at b3fe
found wrmsr at b6f1
found wrmsr at 119f3
found wrmsr at 12e8f

Thanks for this work!

18-03-12 20:14:42,000 kernel[0]: AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement: Turbo Ratios 1223PFM64 (36 cpu) 0xf10000000, 0xf0000000
18-03-12 20:14:42,000 kernel[0]: AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement: (built 20:16:48 Mar  8 2012) initialization complete
18-03-12 20:14:42,000 kernel[0]: AppleIntelCPUPowerManagementClient: ready

Sleep also works fine now. :)

From what file do you want the md5?