[Guide] Mammoth Method v2.00 - HP DVx 10.6.x: Fast, Easy, Comprehensive Installation. /// NEW MAMMOTH BOOT CD for i5 & i3 \\\

Mammoth

1,565 posts in this topic

No, the usb drive isn't appearing in my boot devices list on startup.

How hard can it be following through an installation wizard? :)

That i can't help you. :) Check your Bios Settings. Nothing to do with OS X or anything for that matter.

Hello to everyone! You guys have done an amazing job & I'm really happy to join you & help you! I have already installed Snow Leopard to my laptop ( Signature ) and upgraded it to 10.6.8 using Nawcom's kernel.

The system is extremely stable and all two cores are working great!

VoodooPS2 Controller for keys & mouse too. Right now I am trying to patch my DSDT but I need some help. :ninja:

I used only some patches from the Auto- Patcher that is posted here for Dv6 i7 and got 0 errors ,warnings and remarks.

I also patched it with gsly's guide and added ACPI 3.x Support which is working great.

Same with my Realtek Ethernet for which I am using the official kext.

UNFORTUNATELY:

• I cannot get sleep to work without sleep enabler.

• I tried the patch for the brightness without any change (also installed generic brightness kext.)

• I am using a VoodooHDA version which allows me to change the system volume but I just saw on a previous post that there is a patched AppleHDA version to work with my sound card. I tried that code on my DSDT but nothing happened.
  • I would really appreciate a patch for my video card or my CPU ( for example SpeedStep.)

I have attached my CLEAN DSDT (Ubuntu). I am not sure about the fixes that I have applied so I would like someone who is sure about what he is doing to apply the needed patches.

I do not post the one that I am using now. But I have patched it with almost every patch that Auto- Patcher includes!

(So got all usb ports and my webcam working).

Thank you in advance for your help! I will try to help you in any way I can!

CLEAN_DSDT.aml.zip

Thank you very much! I'll try to see if everything works when I get back from school and i will inform you! :)

UPDATE 1:

Everything works fine and I have full audio support.

But I cannot change the brightness.I cannot see any slider or something like that ( Fn +F7 or F8 doesn't work too).

(Of course that's not a real problem but see if you can do something.)

When I try booting without Graphics Enabler = Yes I cannot get native resolution. Can this be fixed?

(Not a serious prob but why don't?)

Finally, when I close the lid or select sleep the screen turns black but the laptop freezes...

All lights on the keyboard still on and nothing happens. Should I use sleep enabler or can this be fixed with DSDT?

Thank you very much!!! I have also posted a send_me file (I'm using your DSDT.) if this helps.

UPDATE 2:

I just tested my HDMI connection. Video signal is great but no audio. Probably something's wrong with my GT230M.

send_me.zip

Is that an actual picture of the kernel panic? Because it seems like a lot of things are failing to load and that doesn't look like the kernel panic.

@Macri81

After looking at your DSDT again. I must say that i'm unable to get it to compile properly. The only other person who has done such extensive stuff like this is actually MaLd0n. I tried finding out what he had changed but was unable to.

You might want to take a look.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...=254758&hl=

I'm actually very interested to find out how to fix your DSDT. I believed it was a Syntax Error but if you're a programmer, finding a Syntax Error in over 10000 lines is insane especially if you don't know where to start with. :S

I take that back. i'll post the download in a bit.

Is that an actual picture of the kernel panic? Because it seems like a lot of things are failing to load and that doesn't look like the kernel panic.

@Macri81

After looking at your DSDT again. I must say that i'm unable to get it to compile properly. The only other person who has done such extensive stuff like this is actually MaLd0n. I tried finding out what he had changed but was unable to.

You might want to take a look.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...=254758&hl=

I'm actually very interested to find out how to fix your DSDT. I believed it was a Syntax Error but if you're a programmer, finding a Syntax Error in over 10000 lines is insane especially if you don't know where to start with. :S

I take that back. i'll post the download in a bit.

@Komano

Effectively there are many things that will not load,but what to do ?

or Well. Taptun can do it. ;) damn.

By the way, version MaLd0n not all of the fixes, see my DSDT :censored2:

Programs comparison :

- WinMerge (for windows)

- Diffmerge (for windows and MacOS)

google to help you use biggrin.gif

Flashe !

Delete kext - ATIRodeonX3000 :wacko:

@Taptun

By the way, version MaLd0n not all of the fixes, see my DSDT :rolleyes:

Programs comparison :

- WinMerge (for windows)

- Diffmerge (for windows and MacOS)

google to help you use biggrin.gif

Flashe !

Delete kext - ATIRodeonX3000 :(

@Taptun

Hi Taptun,

After delete this kext

img0044b.png

Always impossible of do the installation.

@Taptun

What application for dump DSDT(SSDT)+IORreg since windows because i don't have mac os x install for this laptop.

I can tell you that under windows.

Thanks.

DSDT + SSDT ? ;)

And what is that .... iasl.zip :D

what it eats :rolleyes:

I asked , to clean DSDT(+SSDT) + IOReg :D

Waiting ;)

Try it :rolleyes:

macri81.zip

Make Ioreg file (for Windows - ioreg-l-x-w 1024> ioreg.txt)

not at hand MacOSX , Windows only

@Taptun

@Taptun and @Komano

Thank you all so very much for this!!!

I knew i was out of my depths when i saw all those errors

You guys are legends!!

:D;) ;)

Is there a MIIF available for a "Sandy Bridge" i7 DV7 (DV7-6111tx) 2.00GHz ... Intel® Core™ i7-2630QM

I had great success with it on my DV6-2114tx and had everything working a treat except the WLAN (used a "Ralink" usb adapter $15 on eBay = AWESOME).

SO now I have this DV7-6111tx and want it to be as good :P

I have extracted a "clean dsdt.aml" but there is no option for it in "auto patcher" ;)

Advice on the best way to install Lion would be appreciated.

dsdt.aml.zip