[Guide] Mammoth Method v2.00 - HP DVx 10.6.x: Fast, Easy, Comprehensive Installation. /// NEW MAMMOTH BOOT CD for i5 & i3 \\\

Mammoth

1,565 posts in this topic

Hi guys,

I have no idea where to find my DSDT. I have started to follow some guide, but I m really far from understanding. Can anyone help me? I have seen that my specs are really similiar to other.

Thank in advance. Sorry for my poor English.

Waiting for you,

Emanuele

i think you can use Mammoths DSDT, on the first page, same config should be same DSDT i guess ;) btw other guys retired or something worse :) no response for days

Thanks. Where I can find it?

First Page,, 3rd or 4th post i think didnt check,

still working on my BCM4312 wireless adaptor,, need some fix in DSDT but dont know how i downloaded taptuns DSDT and he using atheros wireless i changed vendor id and device id but didnt work for me its on system and needs driver i installed drivers but didnt work,, BTW this thread seems like dead, waiting a response for almost a week but no response :D ,, but still useful for HP based laptops,,

Hey guys,

I highly reccomend both of you not to use Mammoth's DSDT's. They are only to be used if really necessary.

You can get your DSDT by downloading Ubuntu and running it via a Live CD . Enable Wifi and download the script from the thread below and run it with sudo permissions. If you have anymore errors, do post back. Cheers

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=215844

Wondering the same thing myself. Have bin at it for days.... and cannot find an answer for DVx's :D

Same as you. Tried just about everything I can find, and nothing works..... ;)

Cannot even make a new Apple ID. It says " You cannot create an apple id at this time. Wait a moment and try again."

Console Log:

Sign into iCloud:

System Preferences: AOSKit ERROR: NI error, status=44006

[0x0-0x15015].com.apple.systempreferences: The operation couldn\u2019t be completed. (AOSErrorDo

[0x0-0x15015].com.apple.systempreferences: main error 1000.)

[0x0-0x15015].com.apple.systempreferences: (null)

System Preferences: showSignInError return code: 1

Create Apple ID...:

System Preferences: AOSKit ERROR: NI error, status=-44006

System Preferences: AOSKit ERROR: Failed to retrieve required sign-up info

System Preferences: AOSKit ERROR: Account Creation URLRequest was nil

I got the same error and have tried several solution but none of them work. Might be it's because of the ethernet card?

I got the same error and have tried several solution but none of them work. Might be it's because of the ethernet card?

Exactly the same problem...Until I reinstalled everything and got it working for unknown reason.

But I was really curious and tried to install again....it didn't work!

So after a lot of formats and installations I believe that I figured the problem out.

The problem is the prelinked kernel. I was using Kext Wixard to repair permissions etc. with this option enabled.

Then I unchecked it and everything works without any problem (with Chameleon 1627 VS and SMBios serial)!

Hope that this will work for you too!

@nicmroc

Hey guys,

I highly reccomend both of you not to use Mammoth's DSDT's. They are only to be used if really necessary.

You can get your DSDT by downloading Ubuntu and running it via a Live CD . Enable Wifi and download the script from the thread below and run it with sudo permissions. If you have anymore errors, do post back. Cheers

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=215844

Hey Komano,

Now i am using DSDT from Taptun's,, system config. so close to mine. Everything works with that DSDT and Taptun's Kernel and Latest Chameleon and extra kext installed in S/L/E not in E/E (FakeSMC and Battery still in E/E)

( Firewire, Sound, Bluetooth, TouchPad (not clicking with double tapping), Fn keys for playing, pausing, stopping, next and previous song, Volume +/- and Mute Hard Buttons, Power button for sleep and wake-up, Lid, all USB slots, Camera, Mic., CPU 4 cores with 8 threads (L3 Cache correct but L2 Cache is wrong i think), Graphic Card w/o enabler =yes, Ethernet RTL81xx)

but Wireless and JMicron Card Reader they both in System profiler under the PCI thing and no driver installed. his wifi device ATHEROS, my device is BCM4312 (Broadcom)

in that DSDT its Atheros but mine is BCM4312 which one pci vendor id = 14e4 device id = 4315

changed a little bit of DSDT via DSDTSE application. And finally did the OSX recognize PCI device correct but drivers not installed. it says 14e4,4315 and compatible (Match) with 14e4,4312 in the IOREGISTRY thing. by changing ARPT@RP01 where Taptun's Code for Atheros was.

Stucked at there, installed too many kext from this forum,, but no chance,,, just find a thread about sub system id and sub system vendor id things, at here:

http://www.projectosx.com/forum/index.php?...entry4255

about some tricks to make OSX believes its an Apple product in the DSDT but not sure if that can make drivers loaded for device.

BTW right now making a clean install cuz messing it up with those Kext and some .sh after that i am gonna tell if it works or not. iam trying to install 10.6.8 SL cuz Lion seems a little bit slower than SL for my configuration.

EDIT: No chance to install driver for BCM4312 :):(:D some advice would be great about editing DSDT for airportbrcm43xx.kext my wifi BCM4312 pci vendor id = 14e4 device id = 4315,, OSX recognize it Other Network Controller,, when i edit its type to Airport this time cant see it under PCI Cards :D:(

Exactly the same problem...Until I reinstalled everything and got it working for unknown reason.

But I was really curious and tried to install again....it didn't work!

So after a lot of formats and installations I believe that I figured the problem out.

The problem is the prelinked kernel. I was using Kext Wixard to repair permissions etc. with this option enabled.

Then I unchecked it and everything works without any problem (with Chameleon 1627 VS and SMBios serial)!

Hope that this will work for you too!

@nicmroc

I tried but it doesn't work? Do I need to reinstall again for it to work? And can you please upload your kext pack and chameleon boot.plist please?

I was wrong. The problem is our patched kernel!

Try this and tell me if it works:

1.Install the original-unpatched Lion 10.7.2 kernel.

2.REBUILD CACHES USING KEXT WIZARD + Kernel Prelinked

3.Boot with cpus=1 and try to log into iCloud. It should work...How can we fix this (and use all of our cores)?

I was wrong. The problem is our patched kernel!

Try this and tell me if it works:

1.Install the original-unpatched Lion 10.7.2 kernel.

2.REBUILD CACHES USING KEXT WIZARD + Kernel Prelinked

3.Boot with cpus=1 and try to log into iCloud. It should work...How can we fix this (and use all of our cores)?

Oy, I overwritted the original kernel. Can you attach it please >_<.

Amazing ;) . it worked. I guessed we'll have to wait for Sir TapTun to turn up and fix the kernel.

Now that you are logged in (iCloud +Facetime) you can replace the original kernel with the patched one.

You will stay logged in after the reboot and both of them will work great...if you don't sign out!

Of course a more vanilla solution would be appreciated!

Amazing :o. it worked. I guessed we'll have to wait for Sir TapTun to turn up and fix the kernel.

Now that you are logged in (iCloud +Facetime) you can replace the original kernel with the patched one.

You will stay logged in after the reboot and both of them will work great...if you don't sign out!

Nice find :weight_lift: Worked for me too!!! :D

This set-up seems to be working good for now:

1) Vanilla kernel in the root of your drive (original place)

2) Taptun kernel in /Extra

3) Set Chameleon to boot from the kernel /Extra/mach_kernel (or whatever you named Taptun's kernel)

When you need the vanilla kernel.... type "mach_kernel cpus=1" (without quotes) when booting Chameleon.

Otherwise just boot as normal to use Taptun's kernel.

All,

Thanks for all the amazing tips on this forum!!! I have a DV8 but since i tried to fix the iCloud issue or upgraded to 10.7.2 my graphics is no longer working properly. VLC gives a black screen and I am unable to get the translucent bar on top working. I update to the latest version of Chameleon and graphicsenabler=YES but unfort. to no resort.

Anyone any ideas where to start??

Thx!!!!

Could you please post what your org.chameleon.boot.plist contains?

Here you go, sorry for the late reply....had a rowing race....

<dict>

<key>DSDT</key>

<string>/Volumes/Cham/Extra/DSDT.aml</string>

<key>Default Partition</key>

<string>hd(0,6)</string>

<key>DropSSDT</key>

<string>Yes</string>

<key>EnableC2State</key>

<string>Yes</string>

<key>EnableC3State</key>

<string>Yes</string>

<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>

<string>Yes</string>

<key>GenerateCStates</key>

<string>Yes</string>

<key>GeneratePStates</key>

<string>Yes</string>

<key>Graphics Mode</key>

<string>1920x1080x32</string>

<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>

<string>Yes</string>

<key>PciRoot</key>

<string>1</string>

<key>SystemType</key>

<string>1</string>

<key>Theme</key>

<string>Blackosx_Product_Box</string>

<key>Timeout</key>

<string>5</string>

<key>UseNvidiaROM</key>

<string>Yes</string>

</dict>

</plist>

Thanks nic.mroc, after numerous attempts to solve Face time / I cloud log in, this finaly solved it with the latest chameleon build 1684. Many thanks

Hello every one , thanks for all the good info and help .

I managed to fix the iCloud problem , but I am still having problems with the " FaceTime " , it does not work ! It keeps saying " The server encounter an error , please try again"

Also , Does any body knows if these updates are safe for our computers ? attached is the picture , any help will be appreciated ......

post-377047-1320723345_thumb.png

post-377047-1320723548_thumb.png

Ok, so i have looked around couple days now and seems like no one just dosent have exactly same HP DV8 as i do. Seems like most of the HPx series users here have has processor i7 on their system and myne has i3 on it.

To be exact my model is Hp Pavilion DV8-1280eo and full specs are here -> http://tinyurl.com/bqdr7a2 What isnt mentioned there is that this also has IDT HD Audio system.

However i also have full 8 GB of ram installed + hard drives have been changed to Seagate Momentus XT 500GB, as a master hard drive and for slave drive i have Seagate Momentus 750 GB.

Also have some external devices like Edirol FA-66 firewire, couple of external usb hard drives using Buffalo USB 3.0 ExpressCard/34.

So, i think this DSDT thing just gets over my head and so i am asking could some one configure it out for me ? Seems like biggest diffrences in my setup is just my processor and those hard drives i am using. So in that part i need some help to get right kind of DSDT file for this. External devices arent so important, althought it would be nice if i could use also them specially that USB 3.0 card if even possible. What i have read seems like USB 3.0 isnt yet figured out yet.

Also wondering this dual-boot option that isnt it anyway possible to make partion on hard drive where you install your OSX and keep your Windows partion as it is ? Or is it just has to go that way that you install OSX clean and afterwards make partion from there for Windows and pull your system back on that ?

BTW, here is a good source for latest HP DVx series Windows drivers -> http://tinyurl.com/4pfkgzz

Telling this just as a tip for all of you in case you havent noticed that site allready.

Also in my quest for working Hackintosh for my machine i found this program -> http://tools.inmac.org/

Is it at all usefull you think ? Seems like easy way to keep things up to date or is it ? Or can it just make my system a big mess if i use it wrongly ?

Thanks all your help here and i appreciate all this work you have done here.

Bye.

Thx will try immediately once I get home!!!! Will post results

:-((( still not working.

Perhaps a fresh install? or maybe try replacing the kernel?

I really have no clue what the underlying issue is

Any other suggestions?????

Thx!!!