[Guide] Mammoth Method v2.00 - HP DVx 10.6.x: Fast, Easy, Comprehensive Installation. /// NEW MAMMOTH BOOT CD for i5 & i3 \\\

Mammoth

1,565 posts in this topic

Hi everybody,

I do have a couple of problems with my hackintosh.

first, if i'm booting directly from the machine my touchpad and keybord are not working, but if i'm booting from the boot CD everything is ok

second, i didnt get how to use the DSDT editor, have I to do all the stuf one-by-one or just what i need? and... how can i know what i need?

here a report of my machine:

Report.txt

for the moment thanks I keep trying

Some Issues: UBS not working - Lan/wifi not working - Audio not working - Alt gr not working (i need it for write @)

I cant post my send_me.zip file cause i create it but i cant use internet or USB and i cant capy it into a CD... i cant copy it into my windows 7 partition so... well you know...

Get your DSDT and post it here.

Well. Actually you don't really have to do anything. The script should do it for you? Use Ubuntu 64bit. See if that helps. The way i do it is, Once i'm in Ubuntu. I connect it to the internet then once its connected i go to Synaptics Package Manager. In there i enable all the repositories. universe, multiverse. etc. Then i Press the Reload button for it to fetch the sources. Once that is done. I go to http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=215844 and download the python script. Place it on the desktop and extract it. I think double clicking the script would allow you to run it and if you do not have acpidump installed, it will ask you to. Another way to make sure you get the acpi dump could be to use sudo. You might not have the permissions to fetch the dump? I'm not sure. I always sudo everything i do though. Just run terminal and cd to ~/Desktop and do "sudo ./acpi_dump.py" and that should get you your DSDT Tables.

Hello again

I have done everything to the letter. i have downloaded the generic MIID and added my dsdt but i still get a KP (please see picture attached)

I have even followed Maldon method and i get a kp as well. (i didnt think it appropriate to put that pic in this forum)

EDIT- so i have put cpus=1 busratio=12 and i am installing osx 10.7....maldon method...

post-834549-1318242806_thumb.jpg

@juuza91

I have attached the VoodooPS2Controller .kext that you need for your keyboard and trackpad.

Just install it in your S/L/E folder and you should have keys and mouse working.

When you boot using the Boot CD the Ethernet does not work?

Try [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] by tonymacx86. It will work with this one as we have the same card.

VOODOOPS2CTRL.zip

Is there a MIIF available for a "Sandy Bridge" i7 DV7 (DV7-6111tx) 2.00GHz ... Intel® Core™ i7-2630QM

I had great success with it on my DV6-2114tx and had everything working a treat except the WLAN (used a "Ralink" usb adapter $15 on eBay = AWESOME).

SO now I have this DV7-6111tx and want it to be as good :)

I have extracted a "clean dsdt.aml" but there is no option for it in "auto patcher" :rolleyes:

Advice on the best way to install Lion would be appreciated.

Edited and posted to http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=269987 Hope someone can advise + many thanks

@taptun

Can you do something for my DSDT? in page 49 there's my report. I can't do better... Sorry.

It's either i'm blind mate, or you want people to edit your Invisible DSDT.

Hello again

I have done everything to the letter. i have downloaded the generic MIID and added my dsdt but i still get a KP (please see picture attached)

I have even followed Maldon method and i get a kp as well. (i didnt think it appropriate to put that pic in this forum)

EDIT- so i have put cpus=1 busratio=12 and i am installing osx 10.7....maldon method...

:rolleyes: I think my boot parameters for installation are usually "-v -x arch=x86_64 cpus=1"

@juuza91

I have attached the VoodooPS2Controller .kext that you need for your keyboard and trackpad.

Just install it in your S/L/E folder and you should have keys and mouse working.

When you boot using the Boot CD the Ethernet does not work?

Try [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] by tonymacx86. It will work with this one as we have the same card.

You must really like Custom Fonts. :rolleyes: But this one is okay.

No point attaching him the VoodooPS2Controller first. He needs to get his DSDT to us so we can "fix" it.

@Taptun

Thanks for work on DSDT,not missing that works perfectly i think. ;)

img0047mk.jpg

Post a better picture and of the whole screen like macri81 above. You're cutting out some important information.

Edited and posted to http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=269987 Hope someone can advise + many thanks

Look at the link. Nice job but just want to say to stick to retail. Personally i hate Distro's. :(

Is it ok to get my DSDT in Linux and post them? Other way, how can I take my DSDT from my hackintosh without USB, Internet, or burning a cd?!

I can't copy it into my windows folder to... So, I'm screwed

I Already replied to you up there.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...d=1758536

@Komano

Ok,

img0052ot.jpg

FakeSMC is causing the kernel panic. I'm guessing the IntelThermal plugin. Remove that plugin and try.

10.7.2 - god damn, only just updated to 10.7.1 yesterday lol

any news on modified kernel for 10.7.2??

Pretty sure Taptun will bless us with one.

Other then that if you happen to update to 10.7.2 you would need to use cpus=1 on boot.

FakeSMC is causing the kernel panic. I'm guessing the IntelThermal plugin. Remove that plugin and try.

Hi Komano and all,

I have remove FakeSMC 2.7.2 and replace then FakeSMC 3.1.0,there is not plugin in version 3.1.0.

img0053v.jpg

Hello every body ....

First , I want to thank Taptun for the new kernel , also after updating to the new 10.7.2 I had a KP at boot up , system stay at the boot up page , if trying to boot up with all of the flags , like -v or -f or -x or -S I would get a KP and a message " Waiting for root devise " or something like that ....... after taking and putting Kexts , I found the solution that fixed the problem , and this might help some people after update . I hope ......

In the " extensions" folder , find " AppleGraphicsControl.kext" right click on it , then go to " Show Package control" then in the " Plugin " folder find " ApplePolicyControl.kext" and delete it .

Repair permission and reboot and it should work.....

I hope it helps .......

Hi Komano and all,

I have remove FakeSMC 2.7.2 and replace then FakeSMC 3.1.0,there is not plugin in version 3.1.0.

img0053v.jpg

Interesting. What are the specifications of the laptop? Full specifications please.

EDIT:

@Taptun

I was going through your DSDT edits. There certainly seem to be a lot. I saw that you shortened em, good call but i like it in the original way. xD But anyway, i was looking at the "Device (P0P2)" section. You edited the PEGP with NVIDIA Code, do you perhaps have code for ATI? :)

Hello, I am new here! :P

So, i am trying to install mac os on my hp since i got it (june). It is HP Pavilion DV7 6003 (Beats audio), radeon 6770hd, intel core i7 (sandy bridge) 2630QM, 4 cores 2,0 ghz, intel hd3000.

I tried a lot of methods, [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url], [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] legacy cd boot, [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url], bridge helper, ... None of them works for me.

I suceed only with the iAtkos v2 (strange becouse it is older than others), alomst nothing is working but hey i can run it. Graphics on 10.6.3 dont work, even with the hd3000 kexts, USB ports dont work, nor usb3 (i found kext for it but dont work), nor usb2. This is the biggest problem becouse i cant do every things from the mammoth metod. I tried with combo 10.6.8 update, all possible ways from internet, but always PCI configuration begin (kext metod for this problem, or chameleon 0x2000 dont work). Than i found you guys (but there is not any dv7 DSDT, but i'll figure out that later, first things first).

I prepared for the installation. Retail dvd + boot cd + usb. If i just hit enter on chameleon for retail it end up with kernel panic for appleHDA, if I try with -x it gets a local APIC error.

And this is the time that I dont have any more ideas, so i hope you guys can help me somehow.

Thanks!

@Taptun

I was going through your DSDT edits. There certainly seem to be a lot. I saw that you shortened em, good call but i like it in the original way. xD But anyway, i was looking at the "Device (P0P2)" section. You edited the PEGP with NVIDIA Code, do you perhaps have code for ATI? :)

Hi!

DSDT code for ATI cards is very big :unsure:

Simply use the chameleon and in boot.plist GraphicsEnabler-Yes :)

You can use the short code ;)

Device (HDAU)
			   {
				   Name (_ADR, One)
				   Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)
				   {
					   Store (Package (0x02)
						   {
							   "hda-gfx", Buffer (0x0A){"onboard-1"}								
						   }, Local0)
					   DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))
					   Return (Local0)
				   }
			   }

Device (PEGP)
			   {
				   Name (_ADR, One)
				   Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)
				   {
					   Store (Package ()
						   {
							   "AAPL,HasPanel", 
							   Buffer (0x04)
							   {
								   0x01, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00
							   }, 

"AAPL,Haslid", 
							   Buffer (0x04)
							   {
								   0x01, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00
							   }, 

"AAPL,backlight-control", 
							   Buffer (0x04)
							   {
								   0x01, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00
							   }, 

"@0,AAPL,boot-display", 
							   Buffer (0x04)
							   {
								   0x01, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00
							   }, 

"AAPL,slot-name", 
							   Buffer (0x06)
							   {
								   "PCI-1"
							   }, 

"@0,backlight-control", 
							   Buffer (0x04)
							   {
								   0x01, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00
							   }, 

"@0,built-in", 
							   Buffer (Zero) {}, 
							   "@0,use-backlight-blanking", 
							   Buffer (Zero) {}, 
							   "@1,can-hot-plug", 
							   Buffer (Zero) {}, 
							   "model", 
							   Buffer ()
							   {
								   "XXX"		<---- write the name of the card
							   }, 

"hda-gfx", Buffer (0x0A){"onboard-1"}
						   }, Local0)
					   DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))
					   Return (Local0)
				   }

Try it, might need something remove

@Taptun

Just got the sleep working...I was using Nawcom's 10.6.8 kernel and not Taptun's one. (Shame on me :rolleyes: !)

Today I reinstalled everyhing and accidentally didn't copied the patched kernel.

So I booted with kernel flag Cpus=1 and vanilla kernel and discovered that the sleep was working.

Now with Taptun's one I have all two cores and sleep.

So now I only have to get my brightness and HDMI sound to work to get a perfect install.

Just got the sleep working...I was using Nawcom's 10.6.8 kernel and not Taptun's one. (Shame on me :rolleyes: !)

Today I reinstalled everyhing and accidentally didn't copied the patched kernel.

So I booted with kernel flag Cpus=1 and vanilla kernel and discovered that the sleep was working.

Now with Taptun's one I have all two cores and sleep.

So now I only have to get my brightness and HDMI sound to work to get a perfect install.

Send me DSDT+SSDT(Linux or Windows)

@Taptun