[Guide] Mammoth Method v2.00 - HP DVx 10.6.x: Fast, Easy, Comprehensive Installation. /// NEW MAMMOTH BOOT CD for i5 & i3 \\\

Mammoth

1,565 posts in this topic

Hi, when I boot with the MIID and open the Mac Installation (the XIID) i couldn't move the mouse. Well i have connected a external USB mouse and use it for the installation. OK

I just have finished the Part3 - Installation of this GUIDE, well i proceed, reboot computer, chameleon boot menu appears, i select Macintosh HD volume, it starts and it appears me the window "WELCOME, SELECT YOUR COUNTRY". Here in this step the Mouse doesn't work again.. , only the keyboard!!!. When I connect my external USB mouse the computer freeze...

What Can i do?

EDIT: well, I boot from the Mammoth DVX Boot CD, change the CD for the retail Apple disc, and Installing again. When it finish i'm gonna tell you if the mouse works.. :S

Well, the same with installing with the retail DVD instead of the XIID

When I finish the installation and reboot, it appears the screen "WELCOME" and I can move the mouse... only use the keyboard!!!

Help

OK, I used a USB mouse and when i do the update with the 10.6.7 combo, i get this:

DMOS has arrived.

And nothing happends.... it is stopped

Well, the same with installing with the retail DVD instead of the XIID

When I finish the installation and reboot, it appears the screen "WELCOME" and I can move the mouse... only use the keyboard!!!

Help

OK, I used a USB mouse and when i do the update with the 10.6.7 combo, i get this:

DMOS has arrived.

And nothing happends.... it is stopped

Before reboot did you put they new 10.6.7 patched kernel in place? you can't just update to 10.6.7 you know...

to fix the mouse get a voodoops2 kext

Before reboot did you put they new 10.6.7 patched kernel in place? you can't just update to 10.6.7 you know...

to fix the mouse get a voodoops2 kext

I did exactly this:

2) Use Finder to open up your Cham drive, then select the Extra folder.

3) You will see2 com.apple.boot.plist files, one of them is named com.appleBoot1067.plist

4) Drag the com.apple.Boot.plist file to the trash, then rename the com.appleBoot1067.plist file to com.apple.Boot.plist (in other words, just remove the “1067” from the current name).

5) Leave the Cham Finder window open as we will need it one more time before we restart.

6) Now it is safe to install the 10.6.7 Update (COMBO).

7) Open the device with the update, browse to it, and launch the Update.

8) Click Continue, and then Continue 2 more times, and then on Agree.

9) Standard Install should be pointing to your “Macintosh HD” drive, but if not, select it and click the Install button.

10) You will have to authenticate, so enter your password and then OK.

11) It will pop up a window that says you will have to restart the machine when completed. This is fine.

12) Click “Continue Installation” to begin.

13) Once finished, DON’T HIT RESTART!

14) First, go into /Cham/Extra/Maintenance

15) Double click on the EnableAudio script and it will quickly finish.

for the mouse, i need to download this : voodoops2 kext and install it like a program?=?

thanks

I did exactly this:

for the mouse, i need to download this : voodoops2 kext and install it like a program?=?

thanks

the taptun kernel for 10.6.7 is on the first page, see http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...st&id=89963

you MUST place it into your Macintosh HD partition, delete the old mach_kernel and rename the taptun kernel to mach_kernel (ALL BEFORE RESTARTING INTO 10.6.7 AFTER THE UPDATE HAS FINISHED)

use kext helper b7 to install kexts. Not sure which voodoops2 controller kext you'll need though

the taptun kernel for 10.6.7 is on the first page, see http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...st&id=89963

you MUST place it into your Macintosh HD partition, delete the old mach_kernel and rename the taptun kernel to mach_kernel (ALL BEFORE RESTARTING INTO 10.6.7 AFTER THE UPDATE HAS FINISHED)

use kext helper b7 to install kexts. Not sure which voodoops2 controller kext you'll need though

In my macintosh HD i only have legacy_kernel , taptun1063_kernel and taptun1067_kernel

which is the one i have to delete?? thanks

In my macintosh HD i only have legacy_kernel , taptun1063_kernel and taptun1067_kernel

which is the one i have to delete?? thanks

if you have already update to 10.6.7 then make sure you rename taptun1067_kernel to mach_kernel and then check your Cham/Extra/com.apple.boot.plist reflects the kernel name "mach_kernel" and not anything else.

if you have already update to 10.6.7 then make sure you rename taptun1067_kernel to mach_kernel and then check your Cham/Extra/com.apple.boot.plist reflects the kernel name "mach_kernel" and not anything else.

No no, I haven't update yet. I'm still in 10.6.3 and in my Macintosh HD there are only those 3 files

So what i have to do is update and rename taptun1067_kernel to mach_kernel?? and check the com.boot.plist??

Other stupid question, I copied the DSDT to the folder of the MIID. Well, when the DSDT does anything?? i don't know if it makes anything automactly or i have to do something with the DSDT (i have follow the guide and it only says to copy the file to the MIID USB..

Thanks a lot

I just tried it , and it worked with 10.7.1 all cores working

I confirm what oskr66 says.

This is my first comment on this site.

I successfully installed snow leopard using mammoth method, and then I installed Lion, and updated to 10.7.1, using oskr66 DSDT, and the last mach_kernel posted here.

Everything works perfectly, but 2 things. The first is the graphics enabler has to be Yes for the time being, and when I boot lion, it boots too many hfs files.

One advice to the new people here. if you want to update the chameleon, all you have to to is to use the Chameleon Wizzard, find a new chameleon version (I installed r1447 (if I remember correctly), and you will not need to write any commands in the terminal... It will all be automatic.

Since my pc-hac is the same as that of mammoth, oscr66 and pablo101, I think that a help to fix the graphics enabler thing by knowledgeable taptun or somebody else will be something great!

this is fully functional voodoohda .for 293E8086 -111D7603-IDT 92HD75B3X5

-autoswitching between headphone and speaker,also between mic

-all input output work

-volume change and mute work perfect

-fix no sound after sleep problem that i had with Applehda

if you get noise from mic install included prefpane and decrease the recording level

replace your hdef device on your dsdt with thisafter adding it no need to delete applehda

Device (HDEF)
	   {
			Name (_ADR, 0x001B0000)
			Name (_S3D, 0x03)
			Name (RID, Zero)
			Name (_PRW, Package (0x02)
			{
				0x05, 
				0x04
			})
			Method (_PSW, 1, NotSerialized)
			{
				Noop
			}
		}

Archive.zip

Hi, this is my first post so firstly, I would like to sincerely thank Mammoth, and the rest for this helpful guide.

Secondly, I've tried installing Lion using the 10.7.1 kernel from taptun with no luck. Chameleon loads but both MIID and the OSX install restart after loading some HFS+ files. I've got the i5-2410M, and I've tried both the general MIID and the one intended for i5 and i3's. I can post pics if need be.

My suspicions are that it's a clean install and not an upgrade.. but I've seen others on insanelymac and other places do clean Lion installs (on the same HP CPUs, but not dvX) so I figured I'd give a shot... next step is to install 10.6.3, and then upgrade..

Any input would be very much appreciated.. I will update my progress shortly...

Hi, this is my first post so firstly, I would like to sincerely thank Mammoth, and the rest for this helpful guide.

Secondly, I've tried installing Lion using the 10.7.1 kernel from taptun with no luck. Chameleon loads but both MIID and the OSX install restart after loading some HFS+ files. I've got the i5-2410M, and I've tried both the general MIID and the one intended for i5 and i3's. I can post pics if need be.

My suspicions are that it's a clean install and not an upgrade.. but I've seen others on insanelymac and other places do clean Lion installs (on the same HP CPUs, but not dvX) so I figured I'd give a shot... next step is to install 10.6.3, and then upgrade..

Any input would be very much appreciated.. I will update my progress shortly...

I guess you first install Lion with the kernel given for Lion, and then you update to 10.7.1 and change the kernel (to this new one) in the MIID partition.

If this is what you have done, then, I guess it could have been your Chameleon version (try to update it). If your lion is not the final version, that could have been a problem too.

That patched kernel 10.7.1

mach_kernel_10.7.1.zip

@Taptun ;)

Hello Forum and hello master (and friend) Taptun. :)

I am wondering if you could please help me make the necessary modifications / changes to my DSDT in order to have audio, graphics, and brightness control properly working after i upgrade my main OS X partition to 10.6.8 / 10.7.x. using the kexts you provided on one of your previous posts.

At the moment everything is working perfectly in 10.6.7 with my current DSDT (Credit goes to MaLd0n), but when I updated to 10.6.8 in my osxrepair (additional Os X Partition for testing / recovery purposes) I lost the ability to dim or change the brightness even though i still had the slider under displays prefpane and the osd for brightness appeared when triggered by keyboard shortcut, just no actual brightness change.The other issue I have in my test partition is related to audio, lost audio and only got it back by replacing / reverting to previous already patched version of AppleHDA but from what I've read that's not going to work for Lion and need a new patch.

Here is my clean DSDT clean_dsdt.aml.zip

And here's is the already patched DSDT I'm using and is working with 10.6.7 patched_dsdt.aml.zip

Also wanted to mention that in my main 10.6.7 while audio is working better than ever or at least better than with VoodooHDA, after a lapse of time of audio inactivity( from 30 secs to a min or so) after audio playback has stopped or finished, on the built in speakers, there is a pop of some sort probably related to the energy saving or power management on the audio device. I just wanted to know if anyone is experiencing this and if this is normal? if not, does anybody here know how correct it?

Has any one made the little card reader work yet ? I thing that is the only thing left to make our system almost perfect

I'm working on getting the card reader support at the moment, as few days ago jMicron released official drivers for Mac for the JMB38X chip. Problem is, they're not working out of box, neither with DSDT device-id injection (the driver is for a slightly different dev-id).

If any of you want to debug the problem, feel free to download the driver from the public jMicron ftp (ftp://driver.jmicron.com.tw/)

My two cents to this great forum, I wanted (and still want :D ) to contribute somehow to the community of HP DVx Users, to share this with all of you (specially for people with Jmicron JMB38x card readers in their hacs). Even though there has been a word from NIXin about new driver for Jmicron card readers I have not tried it yet, but this is the kext I have been using for a while and the card reader works great with or without dsdt injection, in 32/64 Bit, up to 10.6.7. ( SD Only at the moment though, maybe it is possible to modify the Info.Plist to add functionality for XD and other devices, but not totally sure and have not tried). On 10.6.8 it also works but there is something that Apple changed with the update that triggers a message after resuming from sleep saying that the medium was not ejected properly. and that OS X will try to check for errors on it (so my guess is that to prevent damage to the media card it should be manually ejected before sleep. Again, this only happens on 10.6.8.

Anyways, Here is the kext, if you need to, you can change the info.plist to match your device and vendor ids, then place it in Cham/Extra/Extensions remembering to use ChamExtOpen and ChamExtUp in Cham/Extra/Maintenance Folder.

IOSDHCIBlockDevice.kext.zip

One more thing, I don't know much of DSDT Editing and Patching,though I want to learn and am wondering if it is okay to open, edit, add, remove or commit any sort of modification to dsdt.aml files in the regular textedit app, or it strictly as to be done in DSDT Editor. For example, if i was to add any code or patch to dsdt how I should proceed? anyone care to explain or point me to a good reference to read?

I did try DSDT Editor when trying to change the model of my graphics from "320" to the correct one "230" but changes would not stick or save at all. and quite frankly didn't know how to make it work but read somewhere that some one did same modification with textedit so I followed it and it worked for my purpose.

Thanks a lot to each and everyone of you (people like Taptun, Mammoth, NIXin, MaLd0n, DGRX GSly and a bunch of others) who contribute and make this forum and community what it is now, many, many thanks.

Have a great Day/Night/Weekend :D

I confirm what oskr66 says.

This is my first comment on this site.

I successfully installed snow leopard using mammoth method, and then I installed Lion, and updated to 10.7.1, using oskr66 DSDT, and the last mach_kernel posted here.

Everything works perfectly, but 2 things. The first is the graphics enabler has to be Yes for the time being, and when I boot lion, it boots too many hfs files.

One advice to the new people here. if you want to update the chameleon, all you have to to is to use the Chameleon Wizzard, find a new chameleon version (I installed r1447 (if I remember correctly), and you will not need to write any commands in the terminal... It will all be automatic.

Since my pc-hac is the same as that of mammoth, oscr66 and pablo101, I think that a help to fix the graphics enabler thing by knowledgeable taptun or somebody else will be something great!

At startup to prevent the cache reloading extensions every time you need to make cache command to create a cache. There are specific steps for Lion to do this. You then need to enable quiet boot without verbose mode. Mine boots much faster now ;)

Just going to upgrade to 10.7.1 after the break!

At startup to prevent the cache reloading extensions every time you need to make cache command to create a cache. There are specific steps for Lion to do this. You then need to enable quiet boot without verbose mode. Mine boots much faster now :wacko:

Just going to upgrade to 10.7.1 after the break!

Hello pablo101. Thanks for your reply. although I am quite noob I somewhat understood what you said. I will try to do what you said.

Though, what I am mostly concerned with is to be able to have a DSDT where there is no need for the graphics enabler to be yes. If you guys resolve this issue, I will be very grateful.

okey I'm gonna try it right now.

Other thing, The Wireless doesn't work, and the Command button either (I have tried changing buttons but nothing works).

Thanks

No no, I haven't update yet. I'm still in 10.6.3 and in my Macintosh HD there are only those 3 files

So what i have to do is update and rename taptun1067_kernel to mach_kernel?? and check the com.boot.plist??

Other stupid question, I copied the DSDT to the folder of the MIID. Well, when the DSDT does anything?? i don't know if it makes anything automactly or i have to do something with the DSDT (i have follow the guide and it only says to copy the file to the MIID USB..

Thanks a lot

in thi Cham/Extra/com.apple.boot.plist it shows taptun1067_kernel, and thats what I have in the Cham partition and it doesn't work because when i do it doesn't start

debugger called <panic>

Ok, i still get that errors... Also I did what in the guide is to reinstall the chameleon after installing Windows 7 and i get no chameleon (i have to boot with the MIID)

Please help me because i have my laptop not working, and in 2 days i start a course of iOS Development....

Thanks

RxNix

Try it DSDT ;)

RxNix.zip

@Taptun

&

(macq @ Aug 2 2011, 07:13 PM)

@Taptun,

well,sadly for me not everything is working right,and it seems to have something to do with the chameleon build too.

With rc2 build 1083 I have normal graphics with enabler=no,but no sound,I do have the brightness slider with this but there is no change in brightness levels(no control).

But with newer chameleon builds there is:

-no trackpad properties

-no brightness control

-no graphics with enabler=no,need enabler=yes

-and no sound.

Please advise cos with Snow leo everything was working out of the box with dsdt patching .

Thanks

This DSDT for 10.6.8 and Lion

-no trackpad properties

VoodooPS2Controller.kext.zip ( 114.12K ) Number of downloads: 19

-no brightness control

GenericBrightness.kext.zip ( 26.42K ) Number of downloads: 26

-and no sound

AppleHDA.kext.zip ( 1.21MB ) Number of downloads: 38

Remove all previous versions!!!

-no graphics with enabler=no,need enabler=yes

Send me your IOReg

Friends, you read that only the most recent posts

Always with you

@Taptun

Hello Taptun, first of all thanks for your help, it is really appreciated.

I tried the DSDT for Lion on you sent me in an earlier post used it for my 10.7.0 partition, in conjunction with chameleon build 1083, following your advise and using the kexts you posted, placing GenericBrightness.kext and AppleHDA.kext in /S/L/E/, repairing permissions and moving any trace of the old ones in cham/extra Extensions/ to a backup, but that does not seem to do the trick with brightness and audio just as macq experienced, I have these symptoms even after using those kexts, the brightness slider and OSD with the sun appear when triggered but it won't change the brightness, and audio tab in profiler shows audio id 7603 instead of the 888 I had in snow, but there are no ins or outs listed and does not work:

post-349339-1314423335_thumb.png

Also, my battery indicator has an "x" on it an when clicked says that no battery is available:

post-349339-1314423980_thumb.png

And sometimes after the display goes to sleep can't move either the built-in or the apple wireless trackpad until I press a key on the keyboard.

Graphics are working fine with or without the GraphicsEnabler=Yes flag

Could you please help me troubleshoot all this?? perhaps I'm missing something??.

Thanks my friend and have a great day/night/weekend. :)