DSDT Auto-Patcher

MaLd0n

5,753 posts in this topic

Hi MaLd0n,

I was hoping you could help me with my error message.

When I boot from my new MIID (external USB drive) I get this error message: panic(cpu 0 caller 0xffffff000053f40c): "unable to find driver for this platform: \"acpi\".\n "@users/taptun/desktop/kernel........"

I have a HP Pavillion DV8t-1000 and used Mammoth's MIIF. Do I have to use another DSDT? If so do you have one? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

_DOD not returning value is ... External (in ssdt) call to a control for video display. is it a hybrid video ?

Or _DOD needs to return zero

Sorry have been away to reply.

Back now ;)

Yes it is a hybrid video. The laptop has Intel HD Graphics and ATI 5470M. BIOS has options: "Switchable" or "Discrete". Setting it to Discrete permanently sets it to ATI (which is what I).

So, what do I need to do to _DOD to return a value ?

P35-DS3L??? post-557433-1308580254.gif

post a photo and DSDT

I confirmed that it is a P35-DS3L by looking at the board.

What do I take a photo of? :confused:

I will post DSDT as soon as I get it back up and running.

Thanks!

Update: I hope you wanted a photo of the kernal panic screen, because that's what I took. :D

I've also included my dsdt.aml. I have not put the DSDT back back in my Extra folder yet because I need to use this computer.

post-816625-1308791444_thumb.jpg

dsdt.aml.zip

Oh, and MacNB, you can have QE/CI for the 5470 upon the release of Lion ;)

send_me.zip

Man I can't wait - it's driving me crazy -- we are so close with 10.6.7 with some of the Lion kexts but not close enough. THe culprit is ATISupport.kext. When KP's occur, the dump always shows that kext as the instigator. KP's occur during, Sleep, Restart, Shutdown, Screensaver with default screensaver (black screen). Also DVD player crashes.

I guess I could try to find DP4 (or what ever is the latest). Are these easy to find (sorry off topic)?

Man I can't wait - it's driving me crazy -- we are so close with 10.6.7 with some of the Lion kexts but not close enough. THe culprit is ATISupport.kext. When KP's occur, the dump always shows that kext as the instigator. KP's occur during, Sleep, Restart, Shutdown, Screensaver with default screensaver (black screen). Also DVD player crashes.

I guess I could try to find DP4 (or what ever is the latest). Are these easy to find (sorry off topic)?

Well, July isn't that far away, I would wait until the final version to come out at this point. And when it comes out, I don't see the point in getting it to work with SL, its like trying to put Leopard on new MacBook Pro.

Hi, again, dear guru. I have mouse freezes for a moments and system lags. I don't know when it started 100%. But I think IRQ might be a reason. I used IORegistryExplorer and found some interesting things:

CPU - 0/1

HPET - 2/8/11/15

EC0 - 27 - can it be THAT high???

MATH - 13

APIC - 0 - ZERO? And where is PIC on 2nd IRQ?

EHC0 - 23 - above limit?

EHC1 - 16

HDEF - 22/0 - as I can see HDEF uses 0 IRQ with CPUs, can it be the reason?

POP2 - 16

- VGA0 - 16/5 - With LAN and USB?

PCI8086,3b64 - Intel Management - 16/3

GLAN - 16/4

WiFI - 168b 002b - 17/6 - works, but can it be 17?

SATA - 19/1 - is 19 above limit? so it uses 1st IRQ and interrupts CPU?

SBUS - 18

TMRP - 18/2- is 18 above limit? breaks HPET on IRQ 2?

KB - 01/12 - why 1?

Mouse - 12

PWRB - 02

RTC - 4

SMC - 6

How can I fix IRQ conflicts? Maybe _PRT in Scope (_SB) needs editing? I attach my edited DSDT and a clean one taken from Windows 7. Please help, I killed 2 weeks editing DSDT. I was happy that sound works with headphones autodetect and without VodooHDA. My video works without GraphicsEnabler=Yes key. But this lags are driving me crazy. It worked flawless till someday, and then lags started.

acpi_dsdt.aml.zip

dsdt.aml.zip

Hi there,

I'm wondering if someone likes to help me with a DSDT for the Asus X61 SF, notebook if someone is interested i will post the needed information:)

Best Regards,

Hoplita

There is run_me.zip in the first post. Download, run, attach send_me.zip from your desktop here.

hi mald0n i am try for long time to add this device id to my LPCB section of my dsdt but every time i try get 201 error

this the code

Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)

{

Store (Package (0x02)

{

"device-id",

Buffer (0x04)

{

0x02, 0x3B, 0x00, 0x00

}

}, Local0)

DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))

Return (Local0)

}

/code]

and my latest dsdt is attached to post .and other question when i put my computer to sleep after wake up from sleep i dont have sound form my speaker or headphone is there a way to fix this problem in dsdt.

thanks for your help.

dsdt_6.aml.zip

im having the dell l702x (XPS17) with 3d graphic.at the moment 10.6.8 is running with kernel from tonymac BridgeHelper 2.01.im using the dsdt from "wen1" (user from this forum) which you compiled for him,but this one is for the dell with optimus.

so for me the nvidia graphic doesnt work and im really sorry but i have no clue how to edit dsdt in the right way.

(im already hard trying for 3 weeks to get mac os to work ;-)

sound is working so main thing is graphic.

i also realized that geekbench is showing me about 7700 points,on that system it should be around 10500,not sure if this is because of the dsdt or the kernel.the kernel from Bridgehelper was the only one working for me.

The DSDT is not original

Hi Maldon,

here are some pictures.

I Have no idea

P8H67-M PRO

dsdt.stealthblade.zip

Dell Studio 1558

dsdt.CharlieSheen.zip

I cannot get Auto-Patcher to go beyond Status: Applying Patches...

It's for an Intel DP55WG board.

dsdt.joedredd.zip

I've also included my dsdt.aml. I have not put the DSDT back back in my Extra folder yet because I need to use this computer.

Enable HPET in bios setup

How can I fix IRQ conflicts? Maybe _PRT in Scope (_SB) needs editing? I attach my edited DSDT and a clean one taken from Windows 7. Please help, I killed 2 weeks editing DSDT. I was happy that sound works with headphones autodetect and without VodooHDA. My video works without GraphicsEnabler=Yes key. But this lags are driving me crazy. It worked flawless till someday, and then lags started.

look it

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=206313

and

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=237750

run on terminal

kextstat | grep LPC

LPC loaded

Audio after sleep

I have no idea

Would You can help me with my DSDT?

send me original DSDT

Enable HPET in bios setup

Thank you, I will enable HPET and put that DSDT file (the one I attached) into my Extra folder and reboot.

Edit: I just got home from work and tried to boot. It panicked again. I had not put the DSDT into extras so I'm not sure.

HPET had been enabled in 32bit mode. I'm going to reinstall Snow Leopard now with HPET set to 64bit.

When I went into the BIOS settings everything had returned to default. I changed the settings and retried; they kept going back to default. I dont understand why. I have never seen this.

Edit again: No more problems with BIOS resetting.

I reinstalled Snow Leopard and the only extras I did was use the Extras folder installer and chameleon. I get the same kernel panic on booting.

Any way I can remove whatever the Extras folder did?

MaLd0n great work man, really have enjoyed all your reads; however I think I have exhausted my knowledge of dsdt

I know I have HDAC alc888 audio on my older core 2 duo msi p67 sli

I finally just got my gtx 460 up and running, I thought I patched the dsdt correctly, but it turned out i needed to run graphics enabler to yes and pciroot=0

My usb mouse and keyboard work but they dont mount anything, like thumbdrives

I have my unpatched DSDT that I pulled along with my ioreg and kextstat

I was wondering if you could help me out a little with some of these issues on my nvidia chipset board (650i)

Currently running osx 10.6.7

I have been at this for 2 weeks now and I cant get anything to work... Please help and point me to the direction of your donation paypal if you have one

:)

Here is my DSDT.aml file

joejoe317_ioreg__fl.rtf

joejoe317_kextstat.rtf

I reinstalled Snow Leopard and the only extras I did was use the Extras folder installer and chameleon. I get the same kernel panic on booting.

Any way I can remove whatever the Extras folder did?

I've never seen a case like his

remove from single user -s

try it

mount -uw /

rm -rf /Extra

exit

Hi MaLd0n, will the DSDT.aml file you created for me a while ago need editing or re-creating to allow Audio to work in 10.6.8?

what is the codec?

I know I have HDAC alc888 audio on my older core 2 duo msi p67 sli

dsdt.joejoe317.zip

USB

Try it

USBBusFix=Yes

dsdt.joejoe317.zip

USB

Try it

USBBusFix=Yes

thanks, do you recommend using any kexts with these?

I got my usb working i had to use a modified io kext.

xxxxxxxxxxxx

ok used the dsdt and the applehda.ket from 10.6.2 in s/l/e

and legacy alc888 in /extra

deleted the mkext in my hdd volume... i didnt have one in s/l/

I still dont have sound

however i just double checked my hdd volume and mkext is missing too.. The one i threw in the trash is still in the trash, but it never rebuild the mkext.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

reinstalled can cleared cash and re did permissions

rebooted

NOW MY SOUND IS WORKING! THANKS!

I've never seen a case like his

remove from single user -s

try it

mount -uw /

rm -rf /Extra

exit

I always have to be unique. :censored2:

I booted with -s and it panicked. See attached screenshot.

post-816625-1308927751_thumb.jpg

I found that I was able to remove /Extra because when the desktop comes up I have a few seconds before it panics. So I moved /Extra to the trash, then it panicked, and I rebooted. No joy. I posted a screenshot of this KP below.

post-816625-1308927762_thumb.jpg

I wonder if my computer does not like Chameleon? When I first installed Snow Leopard I used [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] and everything booted fine. My only problem was it would not sleep and audio did not work, so I tried your method and that's when it started panicking.