DSDT Auto-Patcher

MaLd0n

5,753 posts in this topic

hi mald0n

i have quastion about dsdt .

is it posible to add a fake apple codec id in hdef section so after it dont any patch applehda?

like adding device id to usb or sata device

Nops

you need HDEF + Legacy + AppleHda patched

or

HDEF + AppleHda plist and binary patched

So no chance that I can recover the existing instl?

Where do I look for the "load optimized" option?

use fresh install

follow the procedure

load opt..

bios setup

Thanks! Wireless switch still not working. And one weird thing. After dsdt change, i get KP all the way. Log says VoodooHDA is the cause. I deleted AppleHDA in safe mode and got it working but it's strange it was not problem with old dsdt.

Summary: dsdt works, wireless switch not - not a big deal but i have to boot windows to enable BT. RTC clear not tested. I'll remove Eliotts kext and try without it.

post-557433-1308511637.gif

this is not resolved through DSDT

But it works without your edits. Maybe you change Keyboard behaviour somehow. Because CMD is also on Alt without DSDT and on Win with it. I think this Wireless Switch is also just a button on keyboard. CMOS is cleared if I delete Eliott's kext. Pitty that I can't do it myself.

remove _DSM in device PNP0303

Returned to using your previous dsdt, because new one messed up my keyboard and NumLock doesn't work, and old problems with RTC and Wireless switch persist. Remove _DSM with what? DSDTSE or what tool you suggest?

Returned to using your previous dsdt, because new one messed up my keyboard and NumLock doesn't work, and old problems with RTC and Wireless switch persist. Remove _DSM with what? DSDTSE or what tool you suggest?

RTC OK

Look at the device

Use DSDT Editor and Patcher

Sorry, NumLock is not working in old DSDT also now. DSDT not a problem, i've installed smbios from macbook 6.1 from first post, can it be the problem? I'll check now. Maybe RTC is OK in DSDT but it сlears CMOS, and it dosn't with Eliott's kext. I'll your tool.

It's my working machine, I can't make new install right now. NumLock is not a big problem. I managed to find and remove _DSL Section in PS2K device, recompile and replace the file, but it still works like CLEAR "C" button in Calculator - just like on Apple USB keyboard. I removed keybord***.plists in Preferences. Where can it be stored in other place? NumLock works while in BIOS or Chameleon menu, but turns of after OS starts loading. And It's PS2K, not PS2_Keyboard, no difference?

Thanks a lot for giving link to DSDT Editor and Patcher - great tool - i'll try to get rid of RTC clear myself now.

Video use GraphicsEnabler=Yes

Shutdown in DSDT Nforce :thumbsdown_anim:

but

I tried :P

HPET

remove HPETDevice

try it

AppleACPIBattery, AppleACPIPS2Nub, AppleACPIPS2Controller, ASUSK50IN (audio), fakesmc <-- You need

HDAEnabler or HDEF in DSDT

send me the DSDT edited by them

Extract from Windows

use Everest

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=225991

or DSDT Editor and Patcher

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=223205

okay i used everest to extract my dsdt but its a bin file not .aml ?

Most annoying - random kernel panics during startup and powerdown

mostly kextd and configd.

post a photo

It's my working machine, I can't make new install right now. NumLock is not a big problem. I managed to find and remove _DSL Section in PS2K device, recompile and replace the file, but it still works like CLEAR "C" button in Calculator - just like on Apple USB keyboard. I removed keybord***.plists in Preferences. Where can it be stored in other place? NumLock works while in BIOS or Chameleon menu, but turns of after OS starts loading. And It's PS2K, not PS2_Keyboard, no difference?

Thanks a lot for giving link to DSDT Editor and Patcher - great tool - i'll try to get rid of RTC clear myself now.

use adress --> PNP0303

the names vary

okay i used everest to extract my dsdt but its a bin file not .aml ?

.bin to .aml

Bad news again. I followed your instructions doing a fresh install using hackboot, installing chameleon and using DSDT Auto Patcher and when I rebooted I got the same panic message.

P35-DS3L??? aaa_icon_crazy.gif

post a photo and DSDT

P35-DS3L??? post-557433-1308580254.gif

post a photo and DSDT

lol That's what I was questioning as well this morning. Yes, I'm pretty sure it's a P35-DS3L. I didn't look at the board, I had used one of those system profiler applications in Windows. I will double-check the board to confirm.

What do you want a photo of?

I will reinstall OSX and then run DSDT Auto-Patcher again and then post the DSDT.

Edit: I posted the photo and DSDT in this post: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...23&st=3880#

Meld0n hey again,

after snip looking at your dsdt, i understood there is a lot more going on(other methods, much tiny), so i started my research here and i found a lot of things very useful, but the bad part is every time i have free time to try things the forum is unresponsive so it's really hard to progress (just found a fix :D i will download the topics)

i started looking around (between jobs) and tried to get things done.

so, i found MC dsdt patches really useful to my board.

i was sitting here compering the most unmodified p5k-pro dsdt to mine (p5k-se), it it's really similar (but there are some exceptions of curse ^_^), and starting my way to dsdt v3.3. after some trails i got most working with not much to change (mostly delete).

but the one thing that was a real pain this two days was getting usb sleep to work again. (without any usb connected the machine went to sleep like a baby ^_^)

so, it started by understanding i must change the jumper to allow 5v+ on s3 (and to allow usb wake),

before, non of the usb port allowed sleep, after, both the top usb ports in my onboard allowing sleep(if i'm connecting a usb1 device it will show in ioreg as uhc6, if high speed usb then uhci), but all the others just waking it up. (oh, and one more thing i like is those two started act little different now on sleep, when ever i plug/unplug usb from those port the system wakes, in the dsdt including your patches this does not happening, which in this case i don't know if they can wake from sleep)

i feel really stupid right now, it seems i only moved 1 out of 4 jumpers, (i feel more dumb then ever cause i read the manual countless times :angel:) now i even got rid of the ugly disk removal error ^_^:)^_^:):):)

now everything seems to work very well, i need to check more to see if some various crashes i had before will go again. only thing now if you may help, is how to reduce temps a bit.

it seems that with your dsdt temp is bit low then this one, about 5-6C. is there anything i can do about it?

tell me if you want to help a bit i will post the new dsdt (i'm asking because i think it's more complex then the regular dsdt patches)

YAY, everything work! finally!

i added a DSM to the LCPB and now the temps are very low! (OC@3GHZ - 24-28C)!

seems like everything related to DSDT has been solved!

have only one issue with both dsdt when i replug a usb something like 4-5 times in something like a minute, it causing all the usb to be unresponsive(if something was connected before, it will still work but if i disconnect and connect it it will stop working)

it seems like that was my problem all along when i had various time trying to Jailbreak some devices and made my usb unresponsive (while there was instance i had no trouble jailbreaking) and i don't think it's dsdt related but maybe.

this is the last onedsdt.aml.zip, seems like Master Chief is really a big master, from diff between his v3.1 and mine, i only had to remove things, and to add the DSM to the LCPB.

just wonder how can i check things around to see if everything working like it should, is there anything i can check?

hi MaLd0n,

im having the dell l702x (XPS17) with 3d graphic.at the moment 10.6.8 is running with kernel from tonymac BridgeHelper 2.01.im using the dsdt from "wen1" (user from this forum) which you compiled for him,but this one is for the dell with optimus.

so for me the nvidia graphic doesnt work and im really sorry but i have no clue how to edit dsdt in the right way.

(im already hard trying for 3 weeks to get mac os to work ;-)

sound is working so main thing is graphic.

i also realized that geekbench is showing me about 7700 points,on that system it should be around 10500,not sure if this is because of the dsdt or the kernel.the kernel from Bridgehelper was the only one working for me.

i would be really thankfull if you could help me with this!!!

thank you so much,its amazing how much time you spend here people helping out,thats awesome!!!

attached the "send me.zip"

Thanks a lot Kai !!!!!!

send_me.zip

hi there,

i just want to use this tools to make my DSDT, but i found there's no my motherboard in list of the program. my motherboard is Gigabyte GA-EP45T-EXTREME.

can you please make a DSDT or add my motherboard model in the program's list?

Thank you very much.

Well For Intel D945GCCR , seems "sounds assetions" have something to do with permissions or with "Audio" Prefs in /L/P/Audio ...

still looking for ... but after some reboots/permissions repair it disappears .... ??? strange behaviors...

All is working except the the cosmetic SATA in ASP ...

so here are my files...

Many Thanks MaLd0n for your work !!! especially for the Lan !!!

dsdt.aml.zip

LegacyALC883.kext.zip

AppleIntel8255x.kext.zip

AppleHDA.kext.zip