MaLd0n

5,753 posts in this topic

Hi MaLd0n!

My system is the following:

• Biostar Tpower x58
  • i7-920
  • XFX 5870 ATI Radeon 1GB
  • In Windows Audio says ALC888/1200

I have been testing and managed to get working audio with voodooHDA, but it is very poor and sometimes KP. Ethernet and USBs are working fine I think... Also Graphics are working Ok.

send_me.zip

Biostar Tpower x58

dsdt.Komuri.zip

remove EvOreboot and NullCPUPowerManagement

add in boot.plist

<key>GeneratePStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GenerateCStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>

Audio

Use VoodooHda(different version) and AppleHdaDisabler in S/L/E

Thanks for the quick response :D ! The audio can't be fixed to use just applehda (HDEF for 5.1 o.o?)?

I'm currently using latest voodooHDA and have tried other versions but still have not found something that works well.

install memory

and extract a new DSDT(from Windows)

reapply the patches

reapply the patches? :D Sorry MaLd0n, but how to do that! I never tryed that! :D

Aha :D Thanks MaLd0n ! I'm so stupid ! :) Ok, i will try now ! Thanks ! :D

Hm, the problem was memory frequency. My DDR3 on 1333MHz, but for some reason the system is unstable. When I put the memory to 1111 MHz, the computer runs without any problems. All four memory modules are the same. Interesting. MaLd0n, I just wanted to tell you this. The same happened with Windows7. Amazing! Thank you for your efforts MaLd0n! :D

Hm, the problem was memory frequency. My DDR3 on 1333MHz, but for some reason the system is unstable. When I put the memory to 1111 MHz, the computer runs without any problems. All four memory modules are the same. Interesting. MaLd0n, I just wanted to tell you this. The same happened with Windows7. Amazing! Thank you for your efforts MaLd0n! :)

01a.png

Try it

dsdt.Komuri.zip

Enable HPET in bios setup

It worked! Now it boots fine and also shuts down properly. But when I put it to sleep it just shuts down, my sleep mode in the bios is set to S3 (STR).

Also, the audio can't be fixed (without voodooHDA)? Can you help me with that, or do you know a guide that I can follow?

Thanks so much for your help! :)

It worked! Now it boots fine and also shuts down properly. But when I put it to sleep it just shuts down, my sleep mode in the bios is set to S3 (STR).

Also, the audio can't be fixed (without voodooHDA)? Can you help me with that, or do you know a guide that I can follow?

Wake from power button or mouse/keyboard USB

Try it

Audio

http://www.projectosx.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=465

run on terminal

ioreg -lw0 | grep PerformanceStateArray

ioreg -lw0 | grep CSTInfo

hi,

IT gives me 5a0900000000000000a0000000a000000000280900000000100000 and other 4 numbers like that (pstates)

and cstinfo=19136773 .

In all my systems where i have powermanagement working , pmset -g log returns some values ... Here IT doesn't give any result... And sleep is not working ;)

any clue?

Mal

Thanks for the link! Will try that!

Also I'd tried waking up with the power button, but the computer just acts like it was shutted down :) .

a quick tap the power button does not wake the pc? 01q.png

MaLd0n,

FYI, I am using the dsdt generated in windows by your latest copy of the auto patcher (Rampage III Formula, last modified Apr 23) Not sure if this is a problem or not, but the audio device shows up three times in the system information screen.. and twice when the audio device is disabled in the bios. See the screenshot below. Thanks.

post-687566-1306810538_thumb.png

Hi MaLd0n,

GA-H67N-USB3-B3-F2/i7-2600K/6870

Thanks.

dsdt.toleda.zip

DTGP

AZAL 2 HDEF

HID/CID

HPET

RTC

IRQs

SMBUS

SHUTDOWN

REMOVE

LPC

FIX WARNINGS

HDEF GIGABYTE

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...st&id=92438

FYI, I am using the dsdt generated in windows by your latest copy of the auto patcher (Rampage III Formula, last modified Apr 23) Not sure if this is a problem or not, but the audio device shows up three times in the system information screen.. and twice when the audio device is disabled in the bios. See the screenshot below. Thanks.

send me DSDT

I do not remember what your Hardware

USB built in?

Yes, USB built-in. You already patched dsdt for it : ASUS Pundit barebon with 945 chipset & 950 graphics + intel E6600 core2duo cpu... you had to add the HPET feature, since it was not present and i added ForceHPET=Yes . Now it's going better but no sleep at all , it doesn't sleep and it doesn't awake (and if i type pmset -g log it doesn't give me any result).

Mal

Yes, USB built-in. You already patched dsdt for it : ASUS Pundit barebon with 945 chipset & 950 graphics + intel E6600 core2duo cpu... you had to add the HPET feature, since it was not present and i added ForceHPET=Yes . Now it's going better but no sleep at all , it doesn't sleep and it doesn't awake (and if i type pmset -g log it doesn't give me any result).

Mal

aaa

I realized something

that whenever we use this scheme (ForceHPET. ..)

lose sleep