DSDT Auto-Patcher

MaLd0n

5,753 posts in this topic

If you are using the Mac OS version of DSDT Auto-Patcher, do NOT use a DSDT replacement in Chameleon when you run the app, or it will be used as base for patching instead of the original one from BIOS. If you have a dsdt.aml in / or /Extra (or a specified file for DSDT key in com.apple.Boot.plist), remove it and reboot before running the Auto-Patcher.

Last updated on 05/04/2011

-New Mobos/Notebooks supported.

-Updated Patches

-More compilation errors auto fixed

Download

Mac OS:

Linux and Windows:

Requires JRE to run.

IASL version: 20101013

May ask for tow improvements for the tool. Could auto patcher also create a log of what is changed in a human readable form in a text file. That would be very helpful for those who want to lean more.

Once again wonderful too and thanks again.

Also for DSDT editor if you could add a close menu item to close existing window without leaving the editor and avoiding many windows stay open

Artimess

May ask for tow improvements for the tool. Could auto patcher also create a log of what is changed in a human readable form in a text file. That would be very helpful for those who want to lean more.

Once again wonderful too and thanks again.

everything that is applied is found by the forum

use any program to compare the DSDTs

MaLd0n,

whoah! thanks for amazing dedication and patience on 85+ pages....

would you mind take a look?

my rig:

Biostar TH55 B HD

AMI Bios

CPU: i3-540

Audio: alc662

LAN: realtek 8111DL

VGA: ATI 5570

system sleeps okay via apple menu but won't sleep or wake up with the case power button or mobo switch. tried both dsdt edits, sleep enabler kext, various bios and jumper settings. changing HID to CID in PWRB does nothing. also looking to get HDEF patched in.

thankx

send_me.zip

Hi my friend MaldOn,

I noticed one weird thing, when i log out with the apple menu, and then i shut down (apple menu>logout>shutdown)…only the screen shuts down (like on standby) and i can still hear the cpu fan running and my plugged-in usb drive still lights up, and if i shut down with apple menu directly (apple menu>shutdown), it shuts down with no problems, just fine!!!

so i thought that it may help figure out why i still can`t get WAKE from sleep to work. does it have anything to do with that?

I have ATI HD5450, so i was wondering if it`s going to perform any better if you could include it in DSDT, by the way i was able to make it work with this guide here, all credits go to taky2008

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=252891

there is this other guide here that include a rom file for this card but i`m not sure about the bootloader…i`m using the new one that came with [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] 3.5.2 (Chimera v1.0.0 r750). all credits go to white_apple_x86

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=245681

I was reading a guide on how to make a DSDT and the author mentions:

*You must use the DropSSDT=y boot flag if you use a DSDT meant for a specific CPU, and you must NOT use it if you use a DSDT meant for any CPU*.

Should i add the "DropSSDT boot flag"?

Thx my friend.

Northbridge nVIDIA nForce 790i Ultra SLI (C73XE)

Southbridge nVIDIA nForce 570 SLI (MCP55P)

dsdt.TheLostMan.zip

Thx for your help,

Kabyl include a "boot.gz" file at the end of the post.

Do i just extract the boot to the root of my system drive and then edit boot.plist? or Do i have to install a different bootloader (current is Chimera v1.0.0 r750)?

Thx my friend.

replace "boot" file

add in boot.plist

Hello! Thank you very much for the dsdt!! (excuse me I didn't have very much time to look at my hackintosh!)

I just have a little problem: I tried to get my ALC889 working but your patch doesn't do anything. I tried to tweak it with tipps found elsewhere. But I must use HDAEnabler to get System Profiler to show HDA 889 and there's no sound (I used Lagacy889, then ALCxxx + AppleHDA patch, then HDA Rollback)

And this, on both 10.6.0 and 10.6.7!

I thought perhaps Everest didn't give me the correct hardware info but it would be very very strange!

Is it possible that being on an AMD platform breaks the audio?? :(

Thanks again and I hope you or anyone can help me :D

Is it possible that being on an AMD platform breaks the audio?? :D

Yep

AMD

things are different

Use VoodooHda

thanks you Mald0n. :-)

but a very silly question. :( when I open this fine with auto patcher & click apply it says : compilation error. :(

Did i do wrong? :(

the error was in a rename

Hola MaLd0n,

Wondered what you think about a Giada cube - has an Atom 330 and an NVIDIA ION GFx Processor...

Here's the send_me...

Many thanks if you can take a look and perhaps produce a DSDT...

best,

Patrick

P.S. I just renamed the power management kext to koxt to get it to boot...

send_me.zip

Hey Maldon

you made my DSDT a couple of days ago.

The laptop works very well when it starts up. But it gets kernel panics every few startups:

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/231/photo1ht.jpg/

I suspect its the voodoohda driver... or do you have another explanation why this keeps happening?

I hope you are not bothered by giving this kind of support but you seem like you know so much about making computers run like real macs...

dsdt.mindsuk.zip

can you explain for:

irq? shutdown? smbus..

I dont understand :rolleyes:

search link at the end of the first post

Hey Maldon

you made my DSDT a couple of days ago.

The laptop works very well when it starts up. But it gets kernel panics every few startups:

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/231/photo1ht.jpg/

I suspect its the voodoohda driver... or do you have another explanation why this keeps happening?

I hope you are not bothered by giving this kind of support but you seem like you know so much about making computers run like real macs...

your problem is IOAudioFamily

if you use Voodooo, remove IOAudioFamily ou use disabler for this

or

remove HDEF

send me your DSDT

dsdt.loKEY.zip

Extra

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...st&id=92751

NativePM and restart fix use Chameleon RC5

add in boot.plist

<key>GeneratePStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GenerateCStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>

most everything is working great with your dsdt MaLd0n. thanks again! a small question though about my powerbutton (the only thing not working)...changing HID to CID in PWRB and disabling "allow power button to put computer to sleep" has no effect. shutdown menu doesn't come up. just a small thing, not really annoyed by it, just curious if you have any ideas. this the dsdt you sent me:

dsdt.loKEY.zip