AMD and Retail Snow Leopard 10.6.5 --> 10.6.8 Final[GUIDE]

Mohamed Khairy

1,350 posts in this topic

Thank you so much!!! Will I have to reinstall or just boot to the already installed hard drive?

if you get this after install you can use kabyl bootloader right i was thinking that during booting to install

read this topic

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=231768

replace boot file with that on this topic and boot with

AtiConfig=xxxxxxx

if the same screen occured

and change xxxxxxx with name of other framebuffer

@tallgeese04

for programs that crashes please continue readung guide for that

for gfx also you need to follow guide as it contian boot.plist contain graphicsenabler key

if you get this after install you can use kabyl bootloader right i was thinking that during booting to install

read this topic

AtiConfig=xxxxxxx

@tallgeese04

for gfx also you need to follow guide as it contian boot.plist contain graphicsenabler key

What is the name of the boot file in your boot cd???

I want to make sure i replace the right one.

read this topic

AtiConfig=xxxxxxx

@tallgeese04

What is the name of the boot file in your boot cd???

I want to make sure i replace the right one.

amd.jpg

This guide is for AMD

CONTENTS

1-Pre Setup

2-Setup

3-After Setup

4-updates

Pre Setup

notes

1- for nforce chipset you must use sata dvd drive also you must set sata on ACHI mode

2- for amd chipset i think all all drive will work but raid mode not work also perfer sata DVD drive and HDD on ACHI mode

3- read updates before follow guide as it will contain new softwares , new ways and solutions

Needed Tools

you will need

1- blank cd for BootCD

2-Apple snow leopard Retail DVD burned on dual layer DVD or you can restore the dmg on USB Flash memory 8GB

3-free HDD to do on it new install

4- you need update 10.6.5 combo

5- tools for after setup

How to perpare setup source

1-you can brun dmg on dual layer DVD use your perfered program for burn

2-or you can restore dmg on flash 8gb for rapid setup also you can apply MBR patch to setup mac on MBR tables on HDD if you dont like GPT tables

follow MBR patch from here after you restore dmg on usb flash 8GB do it

this picture show how to restore dmg on usb flash memory 8GB

restore.png

============================================

Setup

1-Boot from boot cd

2-when you reach to chamleon remove bootcd and put Apple DVD and then press F5 and choose DVD to boot it

or if you have restored it on usb flash memory put it before opening pc and choose it when bootcd reach chamleon

3-if it booted to installer there are no problems and continue setuping

4- if you cant reach to installer boot with flag -v and picture where it stop and make post on topic

5-after setup do restart

============================================

After Setup

1- to boot your installed mac use bootcd to boot this partion contain Mac

2-after it booted do your account and reach desktop

3-after reaching desktop setup 10.6.5 combo update and restart and boot also from bootcd

4-now we prepare to boot from HDD follow that

*setup latest bootloader from here

*or you can install bootloader manually

we will use AnVAL5.0.5 folder on aftersetup tools

follow this

- run terminal

-type
Diskutil List

- you will find all of your partion see where is your mac partion you setuped on it and see what its name like
disk0s2

- type
sudo -s

-type
cd
then pull AnVAL5.0.5 folder to terminal then enter

-type
fdisk -f boot0 -u -y /dev/rdiskx
as x is the numder of HDD if we use above example will be 0 so it will be
fdisk -f boot0 -u -y /dev/rdisk0

-type
dd if=boot1h of=/dev/rdiskxsn
x is number of HDD and n is numder of partion if we use above example it will be
dd if=boot1h of=/dev/rdisk0s2

-then copy boot file from AnVAL5.0.5 folder to mac partion root

*now there are two files on after setup folder named ( pfix , amd_insn_patcher )

copy them to usr/bin use show hidden files program to go to this directory

* now copy two kexts fakesmc , atiata to system/library/extensions

* open terminal and type this command

sudo -s
	 rm /mach_kernel
	 amd_insn_patcher /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib.patched
	 cp /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib.patched /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib
	 update_dyld_shared_cache

this was for kernel

*then put mach_kernel file from folder aftersetup on mac partion

*put you other kexts on system/library/extensions

* open terminal again and type

pfix

*type password and then type number of mac partion then enter and wait till finish

*make new folder on mac partion and name it Extra and put on it this boot.plist

com.apple.Boot.plist.zip

*now we finished installing and now you restart and boot from HDD

*you can complete updates from software update

=============================================

for drivers

*audio you can use voodoohda

*eth you see here about LAN

*GFX nvidia cards will work with with out any effort :P

for ati you can get HD5600 HD5700 HD5800 HD5900 with out effort

*for anther gfx cards dont ask me

===============================================

updates

if you want to donate you can donate valv to buy AMD pc to make tests on it to add support for amd on bootloader topic here

27/11/2010

updated bootcd to 1.5

how to make quicktime work as it must to be

open terminal and follow this commands

sudo -s 
  amd_insn_patcher /System/Library/QuickTime/QuickTimeComponents.component/Contents/MacOS/QuickTimeComponents /System/Library/QuickTime/QuickTimeComponents.component/Contents/MacOS/QuickTimeComponents.patched
  mv /System/Library/QuickTime/QuickTimeComponents.component/Contents/MacOS/QuickTimeComponents.patched /System/Library/QuickTime/QuickTimeComponents.component/Contents/MacOS/QuickTimeComponents

also make qucktime and safari work on 32bit by enter get info of appliction and check on 32bit

now it will work good

there are new verison of 10.5 kernel

this is kernel only if you want to install it manually

http://nawcom.com/osx86/files/10.6/Kernels...gacy_kernel.bz2

and here the kernel pkg by nawcom if you want to install kernel auto it will do patching for libSystem.B.dylib and also add -force64 to bootplist

http://nawcom.com/osx86/files/10.6/Kernels...-10.5.0.pkg.zip

please give feedback about bootcd 1.5 if it works for you or not :P

--------

9/12/2010

sleep now work

just replace iousbfamaily.kext with andy kext it support usb sleep also usb3 :rolleyes:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...st&id=82145

and use sleepenabler.kext

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...st&id=80803

enjoy usb3 and sleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep :P

I don't understand why you posted this...

I have no experience with editing bootcd's so i don't know how to replace the boot file...

How do i replace the boot file??

@ Mohamed

I'm not sure what to do here.., I read the guide few more times.. and did pretty much everything i should, except for sound, which is not important for now.

The thing is it's just weird, none of the apps work, so for example if I would click on iTunes or Kexthelper it says that the application closed or quit unexpectedly. The applications don't even start. The OS X's apps, like Textedit and disk-utility work.., also safari seems to work perfect.

I've tried to edit boot.plist, but that didn't help.. couldn't boot anymore from hdd (had to use boot cd) so I just restored the settings as they were..

Not sure if this is important but in the system profile, hardware overview it says macmini 2.1, (right cpu speed & number of cores) but says the busspeed = 100, while its 200 and it says the L3 cache is 8mb, which is too much.. could this be messing with the apps? If so, is there a way to patch or somehow edit info about the right cpu?

Thank you!

@Bryan847

what is your main language :)

as nearly you cant understand my english why you want to edit boot cd

just finish install and make your pc boot from HDD not from CD

and then read topic i linked for your card hd4850

@ Mohamed

I'm not sure what to do here.., I read the guide few more times.. and did pretty much everything i should, except for sound, which is not important for now.

The thing is it's just weird, none of the apps work, so for example if I would click on iTunes or Kexthelper it says that the application closed or quit unexpectedly. The applications don't even start. The OS X's apps, like Textedit and disk-utility work.., also safari seems to work perfect.

I've tried to edit boot.plist, but that didn't help.. couldn't boot anymore from hdd (had to use boot cd) so I just restored the settings as they were..

Not sure if this is important but in the system profile, hardware overview it says macmini 2.1, (right cpu speed & number of cores) but says the busspeed = 100, while its 200 and it says the L3 cache is 8mb, which is too much.. could this be messing with the apps? If so, is there a way to patch or somehow edit info about the right cpu?

Thank you!

there are command must done under terminal to enable program work with out crashes

read this part and do it

and for busspeed if you boot from HDD edit boot.plist and and remove busratio=16

as new kernel has solved this problem ;)

hey guys i was wondering if you could help me please.

I put in a reatil 10.6.3 mac disc and i lets it boot then i press -v and then i see the apple logo and then it reboots and its doing the same over and over so i was wondering do you know why?

here my specs:

CPU - AMD Phenom X6 1055T AM3 2.8ghz 6mb Cache

Motherboard - M4A78LT-M

Memory - 8gb DDR3 1333 PC10660

Hard Drive - 1000gb Sata Hard Drive

Optical Drive - 24x DVD Writer

Graphics Card - Integrated ATI 3000

thanks

hey guys i was wondering if you could help me please.

I put in a reatil 10.6.3 mac disc and i lets it boot then i press -v and then i see the apple logo and then it reboots and its doing the same over and over so i was wondering do you know why?

here my specs:

CPU - AMD Phenom X6 1055T AM3 2.8ghz 6mb Cache

Motherboard - M4A78LT-M

Memory - 8gb DDR3 1333 PC10660

Hard Drive - 1000gb Sata Hard Drive

Optical Drive - 24x DVD Writer

Graphics Card - Integrated ATI 3000

thanks

first there are no real driver for your integrated card so i hope that you buy gfx card if you want to enjoy mac

second which boot cd you used and no need for -v flag as it is on boot cd

just put boot cd and then replace it with install disc and if you can vedio booting will be good :)

first there are no real driver for your integrated card so i hope that you buy gfx card if you want to enjoy mac

second which boot cd you used and no need for -v flag as it is on boot cd

just put boot cd and then replace it with install disc and if you can vedio booting will be good :)

Thanks for the reply. So does that mean i wont have a picture on my screen it just be blank? i just put in the mac disc in i didnt put in a boot disc, so will that fix my problem :P sorry for the noobie questions :D

thanks

Got OS installed and then started installing kexts and bootloader and restarted and received double kernel panic i have attached picture of part of screen that i could get with my phone.... but need help is there a way for me to get back into OS and fix plz help...

can you boot with bootcd ?

Pls can u help me out in installing mac on vmware so that i can prepare my 8gb flash drive with the mac os dmg file or if u could walk me through using ubuntu to copy the files to the usb drive

do new vmware and go to setting of DVD and HDD to anther type of sata cant remeber name :D

and follow guide :D put till to rach desktop you dont new to complete guide as you must boot with bootcd on vmware :)

can you boot with bootcd ?

do new vmware and go to setting of DVD and HDD to anther type of sata cant remeber name :D

and follow guide :D put till to rach desktop you dont new to complete guide as you must boot with bootcd on vmware :)

cannot boot with or without boot cd

I think I probable have to start over.

I was hoping you can do me a favor.

There have been so many updates/changes to kexts and files and such since your original guide post, I am confused as to which files are replacing which and which kexts are latests and which kernels to use. Would it be possible to make a new post containing a guide that has all info updated so I am not jumping between posts to see which files have been updated while I am following the guide. I think that might solve alot of peoples problems in advance

cannot boot with or without boot cd

I think I probable have to start over.

I was hoping you can do me a favor.

There have been so many updates/changes to kexts and files and such since your original guide post, I am confused as to which files are replacing which and which kexts are latests and which kernels to use. Would it be possible to make a new post containing a guide that has all info updated so I am not jumping between posts to see which files have been updated while I am following the guide. I think that might solve alot of peoples problems in advance

first pin your hardware on you signture :D

and then on updates there are new relases of software and some fixes not essential for setup

you can use guide with out this updates :)

first pin your hardware on you signture :D

and then on updates there are new relases of software and some fixes not essential for setup

you can use guide with out this updates :)

pinned my info on sig

when i first installed it worked fine. i was able to boot from boot disc. after installing kexts and boot loader and updating to 10.6.5 and restarting i couldnt boot anymore and got the error from b4

pinned my info on sig

when i first installed it worked fine. i was able to boot from boot disc. after installing kexts and boot loader and updating to 10.6.5 and restarting i couldnt boot anymore and got the error from b4

going to begin install process again and ill stop after installation is done and check back here to see for any updates ty

pinned my info on sig

going to begin install process again and ill stop after installation is done and check back here to see for any updates ty

ok good

do new install

use bootcd 1.6

and after install done

install bootloader and replace boot file with one on latest update

and install kernel .pkg

put kexts on system extenisons and pfix

and put boot.plist on extra folder

and restart

if it booted normal

update to 10.6.5

and if there are problem tell me

cant boot with bootcd 1.6 it works with 1.5 tho. when i do 1.6 i get a screen with white squares/lines all over

can u tell me which kernel pkg to use and which kexts to use and which boot.plist to use

wish i could use 1.6 cause my ps2 keyboard doesnt work with 1.5

cant boot with bootcd 1.6 it works with 1.5 tho. when i do 1.6 i get a screen with white squares/lines all over

can u tell me which kernel pkg to use and which kexts to use and which boot.plist to use

wish i could use 1.6 cause my ps2 keyboard doesnt work with 1.5

ok kexts is on tools as in guide fakesmc atiata kexts

kernel pkg http://nawcom.com/osx86/files/10.6/Kernels...-10.5.0.pkg.zip

boot.plist is linked on guide :D

can you put hd5850 on amd system as it is easy to get it works more than hd4870

amd system is my friends i am doing for him the intel system is mine so can't switch video cards :)

my graphics were fine on first install i thought it was problem with processor based on error saying something about the cores from my original post

ok

before setuping

use bootcd 1.6 and

use flag

AtiConfig=...

see latest update

test framebuffer till it go with out corrupted screen like blackscreen etc

just installed with boot cd 1.5

installed kexts and kernels and everything

restarted and bootloader did not load i used chalemeon package linked to in your guide

it did ask me which hdd i wanted to load and i selected the snow hd the screen flashed for a second and the computer restarted

was able to boot back in with boot cd however usb no longer works so i cant do anything

you are not really helping me by saying the same stuff thats in your guide... thanks though appreciate the try

since everything except ps2 controller works after install using bootcd 1.5

i think if you tell me all the kexts used for bootcd1.5 and which kext i need to get the ps2 controller working as well as which version of the chameleon boot loader and a link to the boot file used for that disc then i can probably figure the rest out on my own...

if i am not mistaken using the same stuff as was on that disc should allow me to get my system to work?