AMD and Retail Snow Leopard 10.6.5 --> 10.6.8 Final[GUIDE]

Mohamed Khairy

1,350 posts in this topic

Here's my boot.plist in .rtf format, could you please tell me where and how should i put graphic enabler.

Thanks.

PS. Am using a DVI port "to-and-from" i.e. from my gfx card to my viewsonic 19"

add this

<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>

<string>Yes</string>

The Installation worked.

After installation , i used BOOTcD to boot. Then installed 10.6.5 combo update.and restarted, and used BootCD again to boot.

Now MAC doesnt work. The Desktop comes, but nothing works. My mouse doesnt move. Keyboard doesnt work.

which bootcd you used

I did add graphics enabler string find the file attached and tell if i have done right.

Sad news is it didn't work. I replaced the boot file and added the enabler string to boot plist.

It went on a reboot loop. I put back the original, it didn't go on reboot loop, but din't reach the desktop either. Now I will remove the enabler string from the boot.plist, then let's see.

But Mohamed it my gfx card "that" cursed :wacko:

Thank god you are here. It's 12:30 in the night, how long would you be here?

com.apple.Boot.plist_withEnabler.rtf

I did add graphics enabler string find the file attached and tell if i have done right.

Sad news is it didn't work. I replaced the boot file and added the enabler string to boot plist.

It went on a reboot loop. I put back the original, it didn't go on reboot loop, but din't reach the desktop either. Now I will remove the enabler string from the boot.plist, then let's see.

But Mohamed it my gfx card "that" cursed :wacko:

Thank god you are here. It's 12:30 in the night, how long would you be here?

isee thta you dont use kernel flag

busratio=xx arch=i386 -force64

as it is on boot.plist fie on guide

use boot.plist on guide and tell me result

Ok i'll do that, and update you. Please don't go, please. I neeed to get over it tonite. Thanks.

Find me boot.plist edited that i used with the boot file that you gave. also find 2 screenies of the errors that i received post that. I could get a good resolution if screenies in one shot , so they are in two parts i hope they are informative enuff, or else i'll shoot one shot for you again.

com.apple.Boot.plist_Edited.rtf

post-177233-1292268737_thumb.jpg

post-177233-1292268804_thumb.jpg

Ok i'll do that, and update you. Please don't go, please. I neeed to get over it tonite. Thanks.

Find me boot.plist edited that i used with the boot file that you gave. also find 2 screenies of the errors that i received post that. I could get a good resolution if screenies in one shot , so they are in two parts i hope they are informative enuff, or else i'll shoot one shot for you again.

picture doesnt show any thing spesifc

can you see dmos recived ?

@ kalmdave

i uploaded to you boot file containing id of your card

so replace boot file on root with this and add graphicsenabler to boot.plist

Thanks for the file Mohamed! Yesterday I actually ended up installing Chameloen RC5 r643 and and the latest fermi drivers, and after dropping in my GTX 470, the graphics worked fine.

for usb try andy kext on latest update of topic hope it works for you

I installed the "IOUSBFamily_USB3_AnV" kext but I my computer still won't boot up if i have the "USB 2.0 controller" in the bios enabled.

I attached the verbose output before the computer stalls.

post-497999-1292271522_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the file Mohamed! Yesterday I actually ended up installing Chameloen RC5 r643 and and the latest fermi drivers, and after dropping in my GTX 470, the graphics worked fine.

I installed the "IOUSBFamily_USB3_AnV" kext but I my computer still won't boot up if i have the "USB 2.0 controller" in the bios enabled.

I attached the verbose output before the computer stalls.

post-497999-1292271522_thumb.jpg

i dont have no any solution for that :D

you can stay on usb1.0 till any thing new occur

Here's a combo of pics and video of my system.

are there some thing like cant load kext

as the kernel log is long

try do pfix

i will go now bye

No it doesn't get stuck at no kext load or anything like that. You know what i really really appreciate for your help. I'll do a clean install from 10.6.3 retail dvd . Can I ask help regarding that, as of now i was bothering with 10.5.8 . 

Regards.

Bye! Take Care !

i dont have no any solution for that :D

you can stay on usb1.0 till any thing new occur

Its okay, I think I got it to work just now! :D

I have to disable legacy usb support, which prevents my usb keyboard from working during chameleon, but once inside mac os x usb 2.0 works. This solution is kind of inconvenient since i can't select boot up options in chameleon if i don't have legacy usb support enabled, but if i specify a time out option in chameleon I can at least automatically boot in to os x. However if I want to reboot in windows I have to go to the bios and reenable legacy usb support each time.

make sure you use this bootcd not other as this only contain 10.5 kernel that support usb on 10.6.5

Installed legacy kernal 10.5

AND EVERYTHING WORKIN!!!  :)

I can boot from Hard Disk as well!!!

Thanks for the awesom guide Mahamed!!! i had lost hope in installing MAC on my AMD PC, and was going to buy a mac pro.. now i can work on my project   :(

if possible, can you please guide how to get my ATI 5750 working? 

Installed legacy kernal 10.5

AND EVERYTHING WORKIN!!! :D

I can boot from Hard Disk as well!!!

Thanks for the awesom guide Mahamed!!! i had lost hope in installing MAC on my AMD PC, and was going to buy a mac pro.. now i can work on my project :)

if possible, can you please guide how to get my ATI 5750 working?

use vervet boot file from this topic

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=231756

Question: My AMD Phenom II X6 1055T is being used in my Pro Tools, and when I try to bounce a song to disk it says (CPU Overload Occured) all 6 cores are activated, its as if its not running full speed or something. It cant go higher that 14 on the multiplier because its not the black edition, could the bus ratio slow down my CPU?

Question: My AMD Phenom II X6 1055T is being used in my Pro Tools, and when I try to bounce a song to disk it says (CPU Overload Occured) all 6 cores are activated, its as if its not running full speed or something. It cant go higher that 14 on the multiplier because its not the black edition, could the bus ratio slow down my CPU?

you can see speed of cpu from system profiler

I there man, great guide.

I've downloaded the bootcd but when i try and boot it it gives me a load of errors. :(

Heres a picture in the attachments

what is your motherboard name

and did you tried mac before on this pc

i think no

also if you have distru of mac like ideneb iatoks .....

try use them and see if there are the same error

if there are same error you can try update bios play around bios setting

to me i dont have solution yet for cant find driver for acpi :)