AMD and Retail Snow Leopard 10.6.5 --> 10.6.8 Final[GUIDE]

Mohamed Khairy

1,350 posts in this topic

you need to use second method and also you need to get which framebuffer to use for your card

if you can get nvidia gfx card it will be good

if you cant wait me week as i have an exam on this week and will help you on getting this card work

K, I will stop trying for now or might continue of I find an answer somewhere. Thx for help, good luck with your exams :)

K, I will stop trying for now or might continue of I find an answer somewhere. Thx for help, good luck with your exams :)

Can this card be removed, is it one you added to your system? If so, do you have onboard video? Can you remove your card and try plug into onboard?

Can this card be removed, is it one you added to your system? If so, do you have onboard video? Can you remove your card and try plug into onboard?

OK,,I just answered my own question. I googled your MB and see that you have only one option as a cable to use.

(Phenom X6 1090T on ASUS motherboard, onboard ATI video)

I tried installing using BootCD 0.6, but I can't even get to the Mac OS X install screen.

It stops on a screen saying:

Reading HFS+ file: (...yada yada...)

ACPI table not found: DSDT.aml.

No DSDT found, using 0 as uid value.

Using PCI-Root-UID value: 0

Hello,

I have been trying your method (method 1) to get OSX running on my AMD machine with no luck. After running [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url], hitting f5 to bring up the OSX install DVD and hitting enter it does it's thing, but then I get no video to the monitor (I see others have had this issue as well)

Here are my specs for the PC

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-MA770T-UD3P

Processor: AMD Phenom II x4 965

Video Card: Nvidia GTX260 (manufactured by EVGA)

RAM: 8gb (4x2gb, I remove two sticks to bring it down to 4gb when installing)

Just wondering if anyone knows of any issues, or if I could get some help with this. Thanks!

Hello,

I have been trying your method (method 1) to get OSX running on my AMD machine with no luck. After running [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url], hitting f5 to bring up the OSX install DVD and hitting enter it does it's thing, but then I get no video to the monitor (I see others have had this issue as well)

Here are my specs for the PC

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-MA770T-UD3P

Processor: AMD Phenom II x4 965

Video Card: Nvidia GTX260 (manufactured by EVGA)

RAM: 8gb (4x2gb, I remove two sticks to bring it down to 4gb when installing)

Just wondering if anyone knows of any issues, or if I could get some help with this. Thanks!

use bootcd 0.6 and tell me result

I have made one mote attempt: I tried install method 2 and proceeded as stated using Chameleon RC4.

Running the installer from flash hangs on the gray screen just before the installer shows up. The mouse stays there and after some time it turns into the spinning beachball.

I tried then using BootCD 0.6 to boot the pendrive installer. With no flags the installer ran, but the hard disk was not recognized, the only disk showing up on the Disk Utility was the pendrive.

If I try to run it with -x I get the error:

Any ideas on how to solve it? Help is appreciated, thanks!

Phenom X6 1090T

ASUS M4A88TD-V EVO/USB3

4GB RAM

1TB HDD

SATA on AHCI

I have made one mote attempt: I tried install method 2 and proceeded as stated using Chameleon RC4.

Running the installer from flash hangs on the gray screen just before the installer shows up. The mouse stays there and after some time it turns into the spinning beachball.

I tried then using BootCD 0.6 to boot the pendrive installer. With no flags the installer ran, but the hard disk was not recognized, the only disk showing up on the Disk Utility was the pendrive.

If I try to run it with -x I get the error:

Any ideas on how to solve it? Help is appreciated, thanks!

Phenom X6 1090T

ASUS M4A88TD-V EVO/USB3

4GB RAM

1TB HDD

SATA on AHCI

WHAT IS YOUR PROBLEM and dont boot with -x

Guys, is a perfectly working 64 bit kernel for AMD out yet, or not?

see on update

yes do setup on ide mode

Running just the SATA DVD on IDE mode still gives me the 'Still waiting for root device'.

Putting both the HDD (channels 1-4) and DVD channels (5 and 6) on IDE I am unable to start the DVD installation.

If you need some debugging info I can do it, if you tell me how to get it.

Running just the SATA DVD on IDE mode still gives me the 'Still waiting for root device'.

Putting both the HDD (channels 1-4) and DVD channels (5 and 6) on IDE I am unable to start the DVD installation.

If you need some debugging info I can do it, if you tell me how to get it.

change sata setting on bios

set sata to 6gb time and anther one is set to 3gb etc till it work :rolleyes:

change sata setting on bios

set sata to 6gb time and anther one is set to 3gb etc till it work :(

There is some funky business on this ASUS motherboard. Changing settings is making it behave erratically. To get it to work consistently I resetted the BIOS to factory defaults on every HDD setting change.

I can set AHCI or IDE for 2 port groups (1-4 and 5-6), but I have a single speed setting (3-6Gbps).

IDE+IDE: Still waiting for boot device error.

AHCI+AHCI, 3Gbps: Installation booted ! (it didn't before, this time I resetted the BIOS only set AHCI modes and saved it ONCE. Funky BIOS.) Disks recognized on installation, all good.

I followed all advice, updated to 10.6.4, installed Chameleon RC4, legacy kernel and FakeSMC.

If I boot with no parameters it stays at the apple logo screen and does not load the system.

I get a black screen early on boot if I use -v, can't get into installed system. Any help? Thanks!

There is some funky business on this ASUS motherboard. Changing settings is making it behave erratically. To get it to work consistently I resetted the BIOS to factory defaults on every HDD setting change.

I can set AHCI or IDE for 2 port groups (1-4 and 5-6), but I have a single speed setting (3-6Gbps).

IDE+IDE: Still waiting for boot device error.

AHCI+AHCI, 3Gbps: Installation booted ! (it didn't before, this time I resetted the BIOS only set AHCI modes and saved it ONCE. Funky BIOS.) Disks recognized on installation, all good.

I followed all advice, updated to 10.6.4, installed Chameleon RC4, and FakeSMC.

If I boot with no parameters it stays at the apple logo screen and does not load the system.

I get a black screen early on boot if I use -v, can't get into installed system. Any help? Thanks!

is it boot with cd

MR Mohamed Khairy

i have good working system, thanks for your time and tutorial, now i have one question, on your boot cd, you are using different chameleon than you suggesting install on your tutorial, have you tried new unofficial rc5 version? is it working for you, and is there any major differences between rc4 and rc5,regarding system speed or stuff like that

thanks

MR Mohamed Khairy

i have good working system, thanks for your time and tutorial, now i have one question, on your boot cd, you are using different chameleon than you suggesting install on your tutorial, have you tried new unofficial rc5 version? is it working for you, and is there any major differences between rc4 and rc5,regarding system speed or stuff like that

thanks

at the time when i was writing this guide there were no rc5 installer

you use rc5 better

iwill rewrite guide with relase of 10.6.5

Hi,

Seems I had bad stuff in the boot.plist in the /Extra folder. System is working now! I have to add drivers though...

But the boot sequence always stops with:

IOAPIC: Version 0x21 Vectors 64:87

I have to press enter for the boot process to continue.

Can I remove this pause in the boot process?

Thanks a lot for you patience Mohamed!

Hi,

Seems I had bad stuff in the boot.plist in the /Extra folder.

But the boot sequence always stops with:

IOAPIC: Version 0x21 Vectors 64:87

I have to press enter for the boot process to continue.

Can I remove this pause in the boot process?

Thanks a lot for you patience Mohamed!

this is common problem problem form usb when you move mouse or type any key on keyboard it pass !!